Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Rhodes Legacy

Comments

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited November 2019
    lZYo8Lq.jpg
    lkQX6gp.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

“Wahhhhhhhh!”

*sigh*

“Okay, little guy. Let’s try this again.”

“Let’s read you a fun and happy bedtime story. That should keep those nasty monster dreams away”

*ponders about getting a nightlight*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    rxXTUIP.jpg
    8WuIrQh.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Thankfully, Kole slept through the rest of the night; which means we did too. So, we were well rested for Chelsea and Salvador’s wedding.

The nanny we hired was running a bit behind, but we had just enough time to race out the door and made it just in time before the ceremony started.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    p7aVyfg.jpg
    bpipVhW.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

They did a very nice job at decorating the backyard area. While the ceremony itself was simple and intimate, it was beautiful. 
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    FSpHpDi.jpg
    qaCdLyq.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Awww…
    That day, I noticed that no matter how far apart they were from each other, Salvador always had his eyes on his beautiful new wife.

Something tells me that they’re going to have a long and happy marriage. I hope it’s at least half as wonderful as my life with Jaylen.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    60swW4Y.jpg
    FDklD00.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Once the ceremony and reception was over, we left the newlyweds alone. I hope that they don’t miss their train for their honeymoon.
    Post edited by Jase on
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    I love Salvador! They're a very cute couple. Something seemed a little fishy at first though, so I hope it's all genuine.
    @thejennifer Yeah, Salvador is a good guy and I hope my writing didn't imply the opposite.

Originally, I was trying to convey that Salvador thinks Jaylen is a way better cook than Chelsea and he accidentally lets it slip in front of her. Then Cliff tries to help cover it up, but they do so poorly and she just drops it. :smile:
  • iiomqilovesimsiiomqilovesims Posts: 281 Member
    Ah! I'm loving it so far! Kole is soooo cute and I can't wait for the next part!
    @iiomqilovesims Thanks! I'm glad to hear that you like it and hope to have an update this weekend! :)
  • iiomqilovesimsiiomqilovesims Posts: 281 Member
    @jase Yay! Can't wait to read it!
    edited November 2019
    gO6VuWf.jpg
    dMJSrBA.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Hello?

Oh! Hi, Dr. Suzuki. I got the Medical Technologist position? I get a cash bonus and a raise? Awesome!

Yep, I see you first thing Monday morning. Thanks!

Sweetie, guess what?

You got the technologist job, a raise, and bonus? *big smile*

Haha! Yeah, I guess you heard. But I do have something to tell you that I’m sure you don’t already know.

What’s that?

In case I did get the position, I rented us a cabin at Granite Falls as a family vacation for the weekend.

Really? That sounds great and I just bet that Kole will love the forest.

But that’s not all. While we’re gone I’ve arranged to have the house renovated with a new kitchen and bath. Plus, some slight redecorating to make it feel more comfy and family-friendly. How does that sound?

Great! When do we leave?
    Post edited by Jase on
  • CrzydramaqueenCrzydramaqueen Posts: 632 Member
    This is so cute! Just read your posts from the last couple of months and got caught up! Kole is super cute! And a really cute name too! I enjoyed the wedding subplot :smile:
    cropped-vampiresig-e1486927472938.jpg
    @iiomqilovesims Thank you!! I'm happy to hear that your still enjoying the legacy and Kole is pretty cute. I'm pretty curious how he'll look as he grows older. :)

@Crzydramaqueen Thanks! I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed Chelsea and Salvador's wedding. I didn't want to take away from the main legacy family, but I really didn't like the idea of Chelsea being left alone in their old house.

I also wanted to apologize for not having an update recently as planned; however, this summer has been a lot busier than I expected and I haven't had a huge amount of freetime to play TS4 lately. Hopefully, that'll change soon and I'll have an update asap. :)
    Happy days are here again!! :)

I'm so sorry for the long hiatus, but a couple of things kind of got in the way recently. After the Forum's restructure, this thread was restored to the TS3 portion of the site. I really wanted to get it moved back to the TS4 Stories and Legacies before posting again; which luckily has been accomplished. I also had to change picture hosts due to changes at a Gaming Forum that I also visit regularly, but all of that is out of the way and I'm happy to announce that the Rhodes Legacy will continue!
    edited November 2019
    yaRestT.jpg
    3DVHduq.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

We didn't waste any time loading up the car and making that 2 hour drive from Newcrest to Granite Falls. From his car seat, Kole really enjoyed watching the scenery changed from suburban life to the peaceful and beautiful forests surrounding our weekend home.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    0WuDDEG.jpg
    5Sm00uw.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

After unpacking, we decided it was time for a little R&R. I grabbed my fishing pole and decided to hopefully catch tonight's dinner. If things go well, maybe I'll have a couple of Walleye or Yellow Perch for Jaylen to clean and cook.

While I enjoyed some relaxing time at the lake, Jaylen kept Kole occupied inside with a dollhouse version of our cabin.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    yubFgcm.jpg
    CIL6ohW.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Sadly, I'm not the Outdoors Man that I thought I was and came up empty handed fishing. So, I decided to explore and maybe find a couple of frogs or two for dinner instead.

Ironically, Kole did some exploring of his own too. Like father like son! *smile*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    R0sG1Mf.jpg
    mNGKsnA.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Keeping the score, two for two, I didn't find any frogs either. Luckily, the cabin's fridge and pantry was fully stocked and Jaylen surprised us with breakfast for dinner. Nothing like eggs and toast lakeside in Granite Falls.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    VbotmU0.jpg
    Rf7bQOE.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Kole had a pretty exhausting day between the long car ride, playing with Jaylen, and exploring. So, after dinner we put him to bed and enjoyed some private time outside by the campfire.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    Tm3OItj.jpg
    MXs8djl.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

I'm not sure if the was beautiful views of Granite Falls or if it's been that long since we've had some alone time, but things just felt warm and romantic between us.

So, we decided to take things inside and spend some quality alone time together in the cabin.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    ZMDGnro.jpg
    VcIOoa9.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

As expected, things heated up between us pretty quickly. That night, we slept the best we have in months because it's so quiet and peaceful at the cabin when compared to the noises of city life.

The weekend just flew by and before we both knew it, we got the call from the contractor letting us know the house renovation and our vacation was over. *sad face*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    ybkARSj.jpg
    7C78wbD.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Wow! The house looks so much bigger, but still looks warm and cozy, Cliff! They also did a good job landscaping. I love it!

Me too, sweetie. I think it's perfect for our family and I think we'll have lots of fun in the new family room. What do you think little man?

Cookies! *giggles*
    Post edited by Jase on
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    Yay! I'm so glad to read more! can't wait for the next installment!
    @minkydpain Thanks! Hopefully, I'll have more simming time this weekend and can get a few more updates in. Glad to hear you liked the latest addition! :)
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    I'm glad to see more updates and this family is so adoarble!! Can't wait for more! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)