Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Australia Pack

DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I believe we should have a Pack on Australia, I know this was controversial when I last suggested it, so I will change it.

THIS WORLD IS A HOLIDAY WORLD JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW

Overview:
Welcome to Australia, Neighbourhoods are based on different parts of Australia, Visit a big rock in the outback try some local favourite food and drink and more!

Food and Drink:

Vegemite on toast (Bitter Yeast Extract spread, if spread thin it is nice)
Cold or Hot Milo
Tim Tam's
Kangaroo Meat

Places to visit:

Sydney
Melbourne
Brisbane
Perth
Adelaide
Uluru

In Uluru tour the big rock and see rock paintings etc. with an Indigenous Australian Tour guide.
No climbing in game, it is disrespectful to Aboriginal Elders and Ancestors to show that.

Go to art galleries and purchase Aboriginal dot art

Go to a museum and see European settlement and migration and in Sydney see how people on the first fleet would have lived

Go to a museum and see some Indigenous Australian Artefacts.

No Australian Flag at all

No weird Sims with exaggerated Aussie Accents

Beautiful beaches in the background

Tell me what you think
Post edited by DcD2510 on

Comments

• RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    No, because then everyone would start wanting a pack for their own country/towns/cities which would then get out of hand
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    No, because then everyone would start wanting a pack for their own country/towns/cities which would then get out of hand

I see your point, but it would only be a holiday place, and what's different about doing an Aussie one to one with China, or Egypt, or France
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    Oh sorry i didnt see it state it was for holidays sorry. Yes i can see it having potential as a holiday place
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Oh sorry i didnt see it state it was for holidays sorry. Yes i can see it having potential as a holiday place

Thanks, yeah, I wouldn't mind liveable worlds inspired by real world places slightly
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    "A dingo ate my baby!!!!" No thanks.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    errrr maybe have a Australian style pack mixed with a few other countries would be better so it's not unfair.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I remember some of us requested kangaroos to be added in Pets and then the next step they become dinner on our sim plates, bring in the butchering house EA! :p

The Sims Game
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    If they can incorporate cultural aspects from Europe into Windenburg and Asia into SM, I don't see why they couldn't expand into other areas as well. That said, it should be a mix n match. Themed rather than super specific. I love Aussie stuff so I'm all for it. I think Oasis Springs could benefit from some Aussie stuff, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    Vegemite on toast (Bitter Yeast Extract spread, if spread thin it is nice)
    Cold or Hot Milo
    Tim Tam's
    The problem with these things, is they aren't just food types, they're specific products belonging to brands.
    Vegemite is unique to Australia, but yeast extract is not.
    Milo is unique to Australia, but chocolate malt isn't.
    Tim Tams are chocolate coated biscuits (cookies), while they do have unique aspects, chocolate coated biscuits aren't unique.

Kangaroo Meat
    Yeah....
    How about lamingtons? Damper? ANZAC biscuits? Fairy bread? Burgers with beetroot and pineapple (and bacon, egg, tomato, lettuce, onion... oh, and meat.)

Or just common food here: Meat pie, Fish and chips, Lamb roast.

Places to visit:

Sydney
    Melbourne
    Brisbane
    Perth
    Adelaide
    Uluru
    Why Uluru but not Hobart, Canberra, and Darwin? Uluru is not a capital city, but the others are.
    In Uluru tour the big rock and see rock paintings etc. with an Indigenous Australian Tour guide.
    No climbing in game, it is disrespectful to Aboriginal Elders and Ancestors to show that.
    No climbing IRL. Also, people used to, and more than a few died doing it.
    Go to art galleries and purchase Aboriginal dot art
    Good luck getting for them getting permission to include it in a game.

Go to a museum and see some Indigenous Australian Artefacts.
    Again, good luck with the permission on that

No weird Sims with exaggerated Aussie Accents
    Funny story. I'm a south aussie, so I sound more English than what people expect an Australian to sound like, cos most people make the mistake of assuming that all aussies sound like queenslanders.
    But, I can speak ocker.
    Beautiful beaches in the background
    Even in the background of Uluru?
    Tell me what you think

The idea needs more work.
    There's far more to Australia than a few capital cities, and a rock.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I have nothing against Australia (except the snakes. And the sharks. The blue ringed octopus.... emu, kangaroos, platypus, and everything else that is going to try to kill me) but I kind of preferred the vacation spots when it was just the simple beach, camping in the woods, or mountain lodge options. In the Sims 3, to me all the vacation spots, felt the same kind of the same, but with different skins. There are very different activities to do at the beach vs. a mountain.

I feel your post most focused on things (food and cities) but can you tell me more about what you envision for things for Sims to do?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have nothing against Australia (except the snakes. And the sharks. The blue ringed octopus.... emu, kangaroos, platypus, and everything else that is going to try to kill me) but I kind of preferred the vacation spots when it was just the simple beach, camping in the woods, or mountain lodge options. In the Sims 3, to me all the vacation spots, felt the same kind of the same, but with different skins. There are very different activities to do at the beach vs. a mountain.

I feel your post most focused on things (food and cities) but can you tell me more about what you envision for things for Sims to do?

Maybe go on a walk about (within the same neighborhood, of course).
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Maybe go on a walk about (within the same neighborhood, of course).

Nah, if you're oning on walkabout, your sim should disappear off the edge of the map for a few days, and come back with some new skills and some interesting objects, and maybe some seeds in your sims inventory.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • StarxasimStarxasim Posts: 1 New Member
    I really like this idea coming from an Australian. Some people might think this is biast but then think of all the other major packs that have influence from other continents or countries. I don't think, if EA were to come out with a pack based around Australia, that they would name it "Australia". For example, City Living is based around Asian countries but isn't called "Asia" or "China". I don't believe the neighbourhoods would be named Australian cities or States either. Perhaps the outback, a general city or little town? This is in no way meant to offend people, I am just giving my honest opinion :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    There's nothing new gameplay wise in the description. I do want new vacation worlds but with new gameplay.

Edit: haven't noticed the thread is from 2017! Sorry.