Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Offline Mode for Origin

Hi guys, I wanted to make this topic to see if anyone else agree with what I'm about to say. It's not a bug or anything, but its mostly a complaint/rant. What I don't understand is, why can't a person access Origin offline? There needs to be an offline mode. My internet died for awhile and because I wasn't connected to the internet; I wasn't able to login to play The Sims 4. Whats the point of spending 100's of bucks if you can't even play the game offline? That needs to be changed. The gallery isn't a must for everyone. None of the games were accessible without an internet connection, that should be the next update for origin. Not a reskin, but an offline mode.
rsz_simsgurunicole.png

Comments

• foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    You can start sims 4 from the folder but i agree its really annoying that we need wifi to start it from the launcher .
    Well its the same with sims 3.
    I mean its not a online game so why do did they need to make wifi required.
    The only thing that requires wifi is gallery.
    #offlinemodefororigin.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I totally agree, there are times I loose my internet at no fault to my own. It really stinks that I can't play something that I paid for already. This needs to change.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    they've been turning off origin every day for a week, with no explanation, getting tired of it myself,
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I do hope they do make it so we can still play our game while being offline as well, cause I do not use the Gallery alot either, only when I add in My creations, which since I have made well over 2000 of them, they a fewer now.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    That's what I really hate about the new Origin. You can't even open your games library offline. I like the old one as I could open Origin offline and play TS4.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    You can start sims 4 from the folder but i agree its really annoying that we need wifi to start it from the launcher .
    Well its the same with sims 3.
    I mean its not a online game so why do did they need to make wifi required.
    The only thing that requires wifi is gallery.
    #offlinemodefororigin.

What are the steps to start from the folder. I have that for TS3 but not TS4?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Everything is tied to your username account and i guess origin needs to be online to check that username to load your games. No online account means no games. I do agree it needs to be offline also. Needs to be more like steam and less like origin LOL.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• koalasimskoalasims Posts: 76 Member
    I would love for origin to have an offline mode like Steam. I have TS3 on Steam and generally play it on offline mode.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Everything is tied to your username account and i guess origin needs to be online to check that username to load your games. No online account means no games. I do agree it needs to be offline also. Needs to be more like steam and less like origin LOL.
    Just without the constant updating lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Offline mode is essentially broken in Origin. Not always, but 9 times out of 10 I will be denied offline login because I am not connected to the internet. This typically only happens on my laptop, but it has happened when my desktop was disconnected from wifi as well.

For Sims 3 there was a shortcut to bypass the launcher, I havent heard of one for Sims 4. I believe Origin will launch whenever you launch The Sims 4 which is incredibly annoying, especially when playing offline.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I've just tried, it has worked for me.
    But they really need to improve the offline mod if it's not always working, during 3 months i will not have internet because of a moving, i don't really want to stop playing because of that.
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I can easily access origin while offline. I juts did it yesterday when i was on the plane.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I can easily access origin while offline. I juts did it yesterday when i was on the plane.

Yeah, it seems they recently made Origin offline more accessible. It used to be that you can't even look at your game library in offline mode, I was surprised that it popped up when I logged into Origin offline yesterday.
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Yeah, it seems they recently made Origin offline more accessible. It used to be that you can't even look at your game library in offline mode, I was surprised that it popped up when I logged into Origin offline yesterday.

Offline login has been a feature of Origin for a long time, the issues being discussed in this thread are bugs within Origin that prevent it from logging in while offline.

I.e. When I encounter the login error it tells me I have to connect to the internet to login, even though offline login is an advertised feature. The bug prevents Origin from launching any game until it connects to a network to login.
    I've just tried, it has worked for me.
    But they really need to improve the offline mod if it's not always working, during 3 months i will not have internet because of a moving, i don't really want to stop playing because of that.

From my experience it's hit or miss. I would make sure your login credentials are remembered in Origin. If your info is saved Origin should automatically login when it's launched regardless of internet connection. If you save your info and upon launching Origin you're presented with a login screen, you might encounter the issue.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    It's weird. Because I definitely remember playing sims 4 offline for a week while I was stuck with no internet. I didn't have a problem accessing my game library either. But I definitely didn't have any internet connection.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    You can play offline, but you first need to log in online to origin, and then click on the origin label at the top of the screen. Click go offline from the drop down menu.
    There is an issue though, if you haven't first been able to,log in whilst having an internet connection and putting Origin into offline mode.
  • XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Offline login has been a feature of Origin for a long time, the issues being discussed in this thread are bugs within Origin that prevent it from logging in while offline.

I.e. When I encounter the login error it tells me I have to connect to the internet to login, even though offline login is an advertised feature. The bug prevents Origin from launching any game until it connects to a network to login.

Yeah this is what I'm referring to when I made the topic, not being able to login to Origin without an internet connection.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited March 2017
    It would be interesting to know what is causing this bug, because I have never experienced it. I don't do this 100% of the time, but maybe 70% of the time I will totally disconnect my computer from the internet (the reason is unimportant), then bring up Origin. It will tell me I'm offline and can't log in, but if I type in my username and password, it logs me into Origin and warns me I'm in offline mode. Then I start Sims 4, and it warns me I'm in offline mode, but I can play to my heart's content.

Note: I cannot access the Gallery or any of the online features when I play offline like this, of course, but I most certainly can play.
  • PeaBodyJayPeaBodyJay Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this post is from March but I'm having this problem now. Even if I am connected to my WiFi origin doesn't recognize it and says I'm off line. So I login anyways. When I login it says " Well, that didn't go as planned Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it - if that doesn't work, restart the client or try again later.".

This has been very frustrating. I haven't been able to play the Sims 4 since June
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    PeaBodyJay wrote: »
    I know this post is from March but I'm having this problem now. Even if I am connected to my WiFi origin doesn't recognize it and says I'm off line. So I login anyways. When I login it says " Well, that didn't go as planned Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it - if that doesn't work, restart the client or try again later.".

This has been very frustrating. I haven't been able to play the Sims 4 since June

Hello @PeaBodyJay
    Try logging out of Origin.
    Then try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin and see it the issues remain.