Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recommended Mods? (Except NRaas)

I recently got back into TS3 and was wondering what mods I should install. I already have the NRaas mods I want installed, so besides that, what are some of your must-have mods? I have all the expansions btw, though not all of them are installed atm.

Comments

• xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I'm away from my computer right now but other than NRAAS I can't live without the less autonomous deep fryer and ice cream maker mods, cooking and ingredients overhaul, more light coming though windows, juice bars work as profession bars, opportunity phone call fix, and of course lighting mods.

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Hmmm depends on what kind of game you play and what you want it to do!

I like environmental lighting mods, and ... I have mods for no ZZZ's, no VVV's, NO full moon lighting effects, drinking Juice effects mods, Romantic Rep mod tweaking... more sims in bars...

It just depends on what you want to change.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got AM with a config file that disabled the automatic school assignments to fix the school overcrowding and route fail issues.I also got Mods to let children do things like pay bills,do laundry,garden,draw in a sketch book,play instuments and make nector.It works with my 100 baby challenge along with AM to make that more realistic.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2017
    • all of ani's mods, especially the savvy seller and movie cinema mods. Her mods are now over at Nraas site

new RH careers

• checkout Missy Hissy's careers at MTS. A couple of these are custom careers with new clothing.

new recipies/enhanced cooking:
    • Love cooking so all of icemunmun and Cinderellimouse's food mods
    • Nomena's edible food script is a must have so your sims can eat & enjoy other modder food such as OBP's gourmet burgers and sushi. Nomena has a list of all the food mod sites her script mod supports which is extensive
    • Icarusallsorts has an excellent set of mods as well. The best of the cooking mods is the one that lets you cook with any ingredient. And give your recipies custom names.
    • All of douglas viega gardening mods

Roleplay/immersion
    • Lenglel's medicinal cabinet pills. These make your sims sick and have crazy mood swing/freak out and do bizarre animations. Great placebo if you play hypochondriac and nervous sims.
    • Fresh Prince cars. Go shopping and cherry pick the ones you like. Or if at loss which to choose, just download them all
    • Cherry92 toddler talking mod. This restores the TS2 ability for your toddlers to talk and socialize with each other, provided they learn how to talk first
    • Quizcals Tot footsies. Gives your TS3 burrito babbies the long needed feet they were supposed to have
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2017
    In case you haven't seen it, here is a rather long list of non-NRaas mods that our members have deemed as favorites. I wouldn't say that every single one is thoroughly tested by us, but many of us have quite a few of them in our games and are very happy with them.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Other+Mods+FAQ

Some may also be interested in the "Spice Up Your Game" section around halfway down this page. Not all of the ideas and items listed there are mods or mod-related.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Where+Can+I+Find+It?+More+Wiki+Information+And+Help
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2017
    I got the :smile:

unbreakable umbrella
    a no mosaic mod I got Velocity grass one
    University Life Careers Need 0 Influence With Social Groups
    Simsmatthew CoffeeTweaks
    bluegenjutsu MoreConversations
    and Arsil mods at modthesims they are the best with Nrass to get.
    icarusallsorts : serve meals, microwave food, fun in the sun, eat outside restaurant, make nectar with any ingredients.

if you use alchemy checked at SimsMx mods , it brings your more alchemy recipes.

I have some more mods like no relashionship vehicules, bathe animals correctly etc.

Very useful posts, I need more useful mods because I am sad how much sims 3 misses plenty of good things.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member

* nointro - to save time when loading game
    * cmomoney_PosePlayer - if you like nice pictures
    * Arsil_FistBump - cute friendly interaction
    * NoAutonomousComputerGames - the noise driving me crazy

additional tv channels:
    * MTS_NileBlue_TVChannel_AniNation
    * Arsil_ToDoAbout_AllNewsTVChannel

for the gym:
    * Arsil_ExerciseBike_Bike
    * Simoro_Pushups
    * Rug Yoga

to enhance the career experience:
    * Arsil_pjgo_IceCreamStand_Stand
    * Arsil_CustomGenericRoleFloorMark
    * Zerbu - Ultimate Careers
    * ConsortDresscodeSign
    * Jynx_rabbithole rugs
    * EsmeraldaF_Microphone+Stand - (for stand up comedian career)
  • CatRosalinaCatRosalina Posts: 3 New Member
    Active sims 3 members? I need friends :'(
  • CatRosalinaCatRosalina Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh, and also this may not count as a mod but you should definitely get some hair cc. Leah_lillith on TSR has some good options
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Thanks for the recommendations, everyone!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Besides what is generally considered "mods" there is some CC that change the way your sims look that I would recommend -

default replacement skins and default replacement eyes.

igazor wrote: »
    In case you haven't seen it, here is a rather long list of non-NRaas mods that our members have deemed as favorites. I wouldn't say that every single one is thoroughly tested by us, but many of us have quite a few of them in our games and are very happy with them.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Other+Mods+FAQ

Some may also be interested in the "Spice Up Your Game" section around halfway down this page. Not all of the ideas and items listed there are mods or mod-related.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Where+Can+I+Find+It?+More+Wiki+Information+And+Help

Thanks for all this useful info. I have found and use some of the mods and worlds listed here.

• kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    edited March 2017
    All the mods I use and adore were already mentioned except a mod that allows children to play instruments, garden, use the jacuzi etc called "No Strecth children can series".

http://modthesims.info/d/579548

No, it's not a pose, she is actually playing :D

Screenshot_400.jpg

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Bookmarked! There are so many mods on here I didn't know about, thanks to everyone who contributed. Especially getting rid of the relationship with the car (I've always hated that) and the spicing up your game page! Now I'm off to get my child to play the piano. Yay!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Iuse a lot of mods to get rid of annoying and ridiculous EA behaviour.
    Such as -

Less Streaking
    Less Rain
    No coughing while Eating
    No dying from Jelly Bean Bush
    no vehicle relationships. Because seriously. Who "loves" their car?
    Vampire Tweaks
    No Ice Cream truck
    No zombies Eating Plants
    No autonomous give flowers or react to ghosts.
    Unbreakable umbrella
    shut up bicycle
    only important recipes
    Better nights sleep
    Joinable bubble bar
    All fish and fruit buyable
    Better Meals
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • FancyKitty795FancyKitty795 Posts: 64 Member
    Try the more aggressive zombies mod if you have supernatural. It is a good mod to try out.
    Part of the 82nd Sim-borne Division!
  • AmusedShadowAmusedShadow Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you for these everyone, I have most of these but there are some I haven't seen before, gonna go grab them soon :D

These are the ones I'm using. All of them are from MTS (except for the Super Hamper) so you can look them up there:

-Better Sleeping Babies & Toddlers: when babies and toddlers sleep, either on the floor or in the crib, their needs will be filled. A life saver if you have a bunch of kids.
    -Faster shower, use toilet and brush teeth
    -Faster (and Slower) Homework
    -Faster cooking, slower eating
    -No coughing / choking while eating
    -Eat & Put Away Your Leftovers
    -Housecleaning For All Sims: all sims will have the "Clean house" interaction, not just Neat sims.
    -More Money for CAS Families
    -No Route Fail Tantrum Animations and No Foot Tapping While Waiting For Clear Route
    -No Autonomous Computer Games
    -No Autonomous Sprinkler
    -No Autonomous "Check out new object"
    -No Autonomous Love Charm
    -Reaction Remover Collection (Ghost, Mummy, Simbot, Skinny dipping, Bonehilda, Emperor of Evil)
    -Change Outfit After Work
    -Set The Table & Call To Meal
    -Less Reaction to Gem Cutter
    -No or Less Cold Showers for your Sims and No More "Tastes Like Fridge" Moodlet (unless you like the negative moodlets for whatever challenges you might have.)
    -Online Center: You can shop for groceries, books, read eBooks and more on the computer.
    -Super Hampers (by Nona Mena from Simlogical): automatically picks up clothes every sim hour.

I know that's quite a lot but they make the game so much better for me, reduce 90% of annoyance :)
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @AmusedShadow So many tuning mods... You know, you could replace like half of them with Retuner. It does so much more than what people can imagine before they try it.
  • AmusedShadowAmusedShadow Posts: 37 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    @AmusedShadow So many tuning mods... You know, you could replace like half of them with Retuner. It does so much more than what people can imagine before they try it.

Oh? Thank you for letting me know. I do have it but I haven't messed with it at all since I've already spent so much time with the modules in Story Progression and MC :D Those files are very light anyway.