Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(ノ´∇`)ノ Updated 10-1-17: Ip Man (Historical Sims Series)

TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
Sul Sul!

History is filled with many great individuals. I thought it would be fun to try honor them by creating their likeness in the Sims on the day of their birth. Here, you will find some quick information on each person's claim to fame, as well as a few fun and interesting facts.

Thanks for visiting!

Disclaimer: This series is simply an acknowledgement of history. There is no intention to promote or discourage any political, religious, or social belief.

Table of Contents

Origin ID: TheDismalSimmer

Maxis Favorites: ★★★★★★ (6)

Other projects I am involved in

Building Showcase (5 Maxis Favorites)

The Sims Community Art Showcase Project

SIMply Living Magazine
dgvibNQ.png
Post edited by TheDismalSimmer on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Born this day: March 14

Albert Einstein

Asten_7.jpg

2tlRDoN.png

Albert Einstein (March 14, 1879 - April 18, 1955) was a German-born physicist famous for developing the Theory of Relativity, but also his work in photoelectric effects, Brownian motion, and other advanced topics. He is widely considered one of the most influential figures in modern physics.

Fun Facts:
    • The famous equation E = mc^2 states that energy (in joules, J) is equal to mass (in kilograms, kg) times the speed of light squared (in meters per second, m/s). Known as the mass-energy equivalence, it holds great significance in the theory of relativity and also has numerous applications in nuclear energy. Einstein, however, did not receive a Nobel prize for his work. Instead, his nobel prize came in 1921 for his explanation of the photoelectric effect.
    • Contrary to popular belief, Einstein was excellent in school. However, there is some truth in this myth as he was indeed somewhat of a late bloomer and wasn't able to speak until around the age of 3 or 4.
    • He also had a reputation as somewhat of a womanizer later in life. Perhaps his aspiration should have been serial romantic?
    • Einstein was an avid violin player and had a violin which he affectionately referred to as "Lina"
    • Einstein's last words remain a mystery today. The attending nurse did not speak German and was unable to transcribe his final words.

Download Link

dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great thst you are planning to make simversions of famous people to homout them on their birthday! :) That is great!
    Your simversion of Albert Einstein reflects him well! The choice of hair and his moustache look very nice!
  • Options
    Born this day: April 15

Leonardo da Vinci

da-vinci-alam_159842t.jpg

BSSXnRA.png

Born on this day: Leonardo da Vinci (April 15, 1452 - May 2, 1519) was an Italian artist, inventor, scientist, mathematician, and much more. He is, according to many, the epitome of the "Renaissance Man" ideal and is particularly famous for his art, such as the Mona Lisa and the Last Supper, and numerous sketches of theoretical machines.

Fun Facts:
    • Although it would be entirely incorrect to suggest that Leonardo da Vinci was an uneducated person, he never actually received any formal education and was entirely home schooled. He had a keen interest in nature and often spent time outdoors. He especially loved studying the properties of water.
    • The Mona Lisa is actually an unfinished painting. In fact, da Vinci was notorious for starting work and leaving them unfinished.
    • Leonardo da Vinci was dyslexic. Although this may seem like an unfortunate condition, it is actually rumored to help his characteristic habit of having all his notes written in reverse. This was to discourage others from stealing his ideas.
    • He was also ambidextrous. Supposedly, da Vinci was able to write with one hand while simultaneously draw with the other.
    • Though many of his drawings depicted machines that would be completely nonfunctional, his design for an early parachute actually worked. A skydiver by the name of Adrian Nicholas put this to the test in 2000 and landed safely using a parachute based solely on da Vinci's sketches.

Download Link

dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Your Einstein and Da Vinci sims are spot on, and I love the "fun facts." I didn't know some of them!
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    @Vanadis

Thanks for visiting!

Haha yeah, I've always liked random trivia facts, so I thought it'd be fun to include a few for each person.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    Born this day: May 7

Peter Tchaikovsky

102_glossar_Tschaikowsky.jpg

hqnq611.png

Born on this day: Peter Tchaikovsky (May 7, 1840 - October 25, 1893) was a Russian composer who is known for his ballets Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, and Sleeping Beauty, but also for his other works such as the 1812 Overture and the Pathétique symphony.

Fun Facts:
    • Tchaikovsky played piano from an early age, but not noted for possession any particular talent in music and studied to be a civil servant during his youth.
    • He started writing his first composition at age 14, following his mother's death, as a tribute.
    • The Nutcracker, the classic Christmas ballet, was a flop when it first premiered.
    • Although his 1812 Overture is a very popular piece both during his time and today, Tchaikovsky did not like the piece, calling it “very loud and noisy" and he wrote it “with no warm feeling of love, and therefore there will probably be no artistic merits in it.”
    • Though his official cause of death was cholera, the subject remains a controversial matter today.

Download Link

dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    These are all so awesome. I love that you have taken the time to create and share these amazing Sim versions. Well done :)!
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    @wbombje

Haha, thanks for visiting, I'm glad you like them!
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Born this day: July 4

Rube Goldberg

goldberg-rube-image.jpg

bYJ3P8J.png

Born on this day: Rube Goldberg (July 4, 1883 - December 7, 1970) was an American cartoonist, inventor, and engineer famous for his series of popular cartoons depicting highly complicated gadgets to accomplish simple tasks. The phrase "Rube Goldberg Machine" has become a popular term describing such contraptions and is the subject for many international competitions.

Fun Facts:
    • Rube Goldberg earned a degree in engineering from the prestigious UC Berkeley, but engineering apparently was not his true calling as he quit his job to become a cartoonist.
    • The term "Rube Goldberg Machine", which was inspired by his cartoons of highly convoluted machines to do simple and trivial tasks, have gained quite a following and has inspired countless international competitions.
    • He received the Pulitzer prize in 1948 for a political cartoon commenting on the use of an Atom bomb...
    • ...but unfortunately many were not amused by his work and he actually changed the last names of his children due to the amount of hate mail he received.
    • He once served a jail term for refereeing an illegal fight in New York City. Fortunately for him, one of the fighters agreed to pay the $500 bond.

Download Link

dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Born this day: July 10

Nikola Tesla

tumblr_inline_nstktuFdZp1rcan9b_500.png

fZK1mTQ.png

Born on this day: Nikola Tesla (July 10, 1856 - January 7, 1943) was a Serbian inventor, physicist, and electrical engineer famous for his pioneering work in the alternatiing current (AC) electric supply system. Unfortunately, due to lack of funding, many of his ideas never came to fruitiion and Tesla's genius was largely lost to history.

Fun Facts:
    • Tesla began his career working for Thomas Edison, but left shortly afterwards to pursue his own interests.
    • Speaking of his relationship with Edison, the two inventors were on opposite sides of the so-called "current wars", referring to direct (Edison) and alternating current (Tesla) for electrical delivery systems. However, the supposed animosity between the two was largely a myth, as history suggests both got along just fine and had mutual respect for each other.
    • Tesla absolutely hated pearls. So much as to refusing to speak with women who wore them.
    • He was also a germaphobe, displayed anti-social behavior, and had terrible money management practices. Many would describe him meticulously and elegantly dressed, but his bizarre mannerisms and proclamations led many to believe that he was insane.
    • One of his more interesting ideas was a system of broadcasting and receiving information through a handheld device, which seems oddly similar to modern smartphones. The year Tesla's proposal: 1901.

Download Link

dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    sdtfmsdtfm Posts: 333 Member
    Wow your sim really looks like him, awesome job!
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    *drops in again* I was actually wondering if you were ever going to do Tesla! The guy was fascinating. Learned about him in my electrical theory classes and my instructor gave us a few of those types of fun facts. Ending with "And that's why Tesla was weird." lol

Your Rube Goldberg is awesome too!

You're super talented at Sim making.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @sdtfm @Vanadis

Thanks for visiting!

Yes, Tesla certainly was an interesting character, and I think it's great people are starting to pay more attention to his work nowadays.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    This thread is really cool!
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    These all look great, @The_Dismal_Scientist

• Options
    Born this day: October 1

Ip Man

1_23_06_09_1_23_30.jpeg

Js6eUIm.png

Born on this day: Ip Man, also known as Ye Wen, (October 1, 1893 - December 2, 1972) was a Chinese martial arts teacher famous for his mastery in the Wing Chun fighting style and is often credited with popularizing this style on a global scale. He was immortalized in a series of fictionalized movies bearing his name.

Fun Facts:
    • Though Ip Man was often associated with Wing Chun fighting style and its development, he didn't invent it.
    • The series of movies titled Ip Man were highly successful in the Hong Kong box office, but many of the events were largely fiction.
    • Before opening a martial arts school, Ip Man served as a police officer and often taught small scale classes pro bono to poor industrial workers behind a coal mine after hours.
    • It is widely believed that Ip Man regularly used opium, and used the money earned from his martial arts school to fund this habits.
    • Many of Ip Man's students later became highly successful martial artists in their own right. The most famous example is Bruce Lee.

Download Link

dgvibNQ.png