Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did u manage to pass the deliver baby???

Ok so I have been stuck on this bit for ages. I have read other comments about how some people have said it happened straight away for them some have just said it randomly happens after a while.
For me my sim goes into work Focused achieves all the tasks, and on some working days the deliver baby task pops up but yet there is no pregnant sim to be seen, then on other days this task doesn't even pop up. Is there away of achieving this???

Comments

• PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    I didn't play with the medicine career in a long time, so I don't remember very well, but I think that sims in labour don't come too often. You will get a notification when they do. How long have you been trying?
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    I think you have to set the ageing on or the pregnant Sim never comes
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I've heard it's a bug with the career. A pregnant sim will never come, so people have to cheat to the next level in order to advance in the career.
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    It was definitely a bug for me. I had to cheat to get to the next career level after two straight sim weeks of this happening.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    I added pregnant townies to the world (separate households). The first time one gave birth it was on my day off and the second time it was Don Lothario's wife and I planned the pregnancy so that she would give birth when my sim was at work.
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Hello
    Other simmers are also having this issue.
    This is a thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Delivering-Baby-event-not-spawning-pregnant-Sims/m-p/5676077#U5676077

You will need to use cheats to promote your sim
    Type in
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    careers.promote Doctor
    Press enter.
  • mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    In my experience, it's completely random. I've played through the Doctor profession with 3 different sims, and it was different each time. My first play, it took around a sim week and a half before a laboring mom-to-be showed up. The second only took two sim days. The third was just shy of a month in sim time. If memory serves me correctly, the "deliver baby" task stayed active for as long as the wait took and carried over day to day. It's been a while since I last played a doctor though, so I can't say it's true with certainty.

You can try to wait it out and see, or use a cheat to get past it. It's really a matter of how much time you are willing to sink into it.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    the last time I played this and my dr delivered the baby it was Bella Goth, now I hadn't even played her at the time. but when I went into their household the very next day, no baby. I was very sad and confused. is this a bug to??
  • mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    the last time I played this and my dr delivered the baby it was Bella Goth, now I hadn't even played her at the time. but when I went into their household the very next day, no baby. I was very sad and confused. is this a bug to??

As far as I'm aware, this isn't a glitch. From what I understand, the "deliver baby" pregnancies are randomly selected. The game just picks a random female sim within that save to make pregnant so that you can deliver the child, but the child doesn't exist outside of the moment. I've only ever had game generated townies for my deliveries, but if I go into household management and take a look at that townie's household, the baby won't be there. It seems that delivery babies (unless your active sim is the one having the baby) don't exist beyond the delivery itself.

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    mmt3363 wrote: »

As far as I'm aware, this isn't a glitch. From what I understand, the "deliver baby" pregnancies are randomly selected. The game just picks a random female sim within that save to make pregnant so that you can deliver the child, but the child doesn't exist outside of the moment. I've only ever had game generated townies for my deliveries, but if I go into household management and take a look at that townie's household, the baby won't be there. It seems that delivery babies (unless your active sim is the one having the baby) don't exist beyond the delivery itself.

Thank you.
  • catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    Thanks everyone
    Think I will hold out for a later longer and see if a pregnant sim comes in and if it doesn't seem to be happening I will cheat. Just getting sooo very bored of performing the same tasks when in I go into work its just getting very tedious to play
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    It does take a while for my Dr. to get a pregnant sim. I have waited until it did happen, and when it finally did, I hurriedly clicked on the front desk to take her straight back, LOL.

I always finished everything and had to wait. Seemed like it took forever too!
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    mmt3363 wrote: »

Are you sure that is right? I have played the doctor career a few times and the babies they have delivered have all stayed with their mum. That was probably a year ago or something though. I'm playing a doctor right now and I'll have to check this out, maybe it's something that happened after a update or something if the babies do disappear?
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I played that career ages ago, but then it seemed to take a few Sim days before my physician Sim could fulfill this task. He did make it to the top of his career. I don't know if this issue that's cropped up since the game has been patched recently, or not.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I had to use the console to give myself a promotion. Plenty of pregnant sims showed up at the hospital, but not for baby delivery. That whole career track is just ugggg. Take's way too long to get promotions. By the time my sim reached the top of the career, she was an elder about a day or two away from death.
  • catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    I had to use the console to give myself a promotion. Plenty of pregnant sims showed up at the hospital, but not for baby delivery. That whole career track is just ugggg. Take's way too long to get promotions. By the time my sim reached the top of the career, she was an elder about a day or two away from death.

I have set my life span to long life, I think the short life is over way to quick for my liking. So my sim as reached level 9 and she is still a young adult. But just frustrated trying to get to level 10 hehe
  • NAAAUSHNAAAUSH Posts: 1 New Member
    Im having problems with the pregnent thing aswell, the notification pops up that a pregnent sim just arrived to the hospital but no pregnent sim is to be seen. I don't know what to do :(
  • lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    It never happened for my game either and had to use the cheat for the promotion. By the time I used the cheat, the check mark for getting the promotion was already checked before going to work and I'm not even sure how long it had been that way because I didn't know about that check mark until watching The Sim Supply's LP.
  • KurokuLeeKurokuLee Posts: 155 Member
    I also had to cheat to get my Doctor sim promoted as no pregnant sims were coming to the hospital. Even now that he is at the top of his career, still no sign of pregnant sims when the task comes up on the task list. I still get some home visit and collapsed sim requests and these work fine. I have even tried copying my household into a fresh new save as the one I was using was just getting cluttered with ghosts and aliens in the towns instead of regular sims. But again I am still having the same issue.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    NAAAUSH wrote: »
    Im having problems with the pregnent thing aswell, the notification pops up that a pregnent sim just arrived to the hospital but no pregnent sim is to be seen. I don't know what to do :(

It took me a while before a pregnant sim finally came in. I tried getting sims in other households pregnant to line up with a work day but that did not work.

Then finally a pregnant sim came but she was just a there for a regular illness though you could tell she was in labor. I decided to exit without saving and do the day over(and saved my game right before work). I redid the day 3 more times. Each redo was a special event, first a house call, then a collapsed sim, on the third day I finally got the delivery baby with the same pregnant sim.

But the waiting was long but I was playing long lifespan so I just waited it out.
  • UniqueBeingUniqueBeing Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not have I the same problem as them but, Whenever I enter the cheat code to speed up my Sims pregnancy or even to make her have twins, it denies any cheat code that has anything to do with the baby..
    Honestly it isn't that big of a deal but Sim pregancies are a pain to go through.
    I'm hoping you have an anwser to how to fix this glitch.
  • UniqueBeingUniqueBeing Posts: 2 New Member
    And I don't know to fix the glitch these people are going through but my Sims have seen other pregnant in the doctor career and my pregnant Sims have gone through zero problems with the doctor career, so Im a little confused on how these people are experiencing these type of glitches.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2018
    I deleted my post because I just realized this thread is from 2017. Sorry for necroposting.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    I'm not have I the same problem as them but, Whenever I enter the cheat code to speed up my Sims pregnancy or even to make her have twins, it denies any cheat code that has anything to do with the baby..
    Honestly it isn't that big of a deal but Sim pregancies are a pain to go through.
    I'm hoping you have an anwser to how to fix this glitch.

Hello @UniqueBeing .Welcome to the forums :)
    There has been some cheats that have been removed by the Developers through a recent patch . This post on the AHQ EA explains about this
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Cheats/m-p/6382727/highlight/true#M45244
    The pregnancy cheats no longer work
    A simmer called TwistedMexi has made a mod to enable simmers to be able to use the cheats again
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/19645059