Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aricarai's little pixel place | SIX NEW Videos | p. 23

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    @aricarai As I said earlier, it's a beautiful build! Definitely falls along the lines of what I envisioned my dream home to look like! Can't wait until you upload it so I can download and rec! <3

Thank you so much my sweet @Kesminlix <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Connors Farmhouse is very nice! :) Very nice design of the exterior of the home! The roofing looks great! The layout of the areas of the build looks great. Very nice roof covered porch areas. The arched window is a nice touch in the home. Very nice outdoors areas! The windmill looks nice there . The trees and flowers add a nice look to the build.
    Simmers will enjoy furnishing it after you have uploaded it :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Connors Farmhouse is very nice! :) Very nice design of the exterior of the home! The roofing looks great! The layout of the areas of the build looks great. Very nice roof covered porch areas. The arched window is a nice touch in the home. Very nice outdoors areas! The windmill looks nice there . The trees and flowers add a nice look to the build.
    Simmers will enjoy furnishing it after you have uploaded it :)

Hi sweet @rosemow - thank you so much for your lovely comments! It's good to see you around again :mrgreen:
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Connors Farmhouse, looks amazing sweetie! Love all the detail! <3
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Connors Farmhouse, looks amazing sweetie! Love all the detail! <3

Thank you so much m'dear @BreeMiles - I need to get it up on the exchange so people can put even more detail on the interiors! <3
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Connors Farmhouse is stunning, dear Ari! <3
  • seasseas Posts: 37 Member
    Looks like I have a lot to watch later today..you have some amazing looking homes!
  • SouthernSimSouthernSim Posts: 35 Member
    Beautiful! So picturesque! You put so much detail into your work!
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    I love Connors Farmhouse! <3
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Connors Farmhouse is stunning, dear Ari! <3

Thank you lovely @AIRIS6962 <3
    seas wrote: »
    Looks like I have a lot to watch later today..you have some amazing looking homes!

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy :smiley:
    Beautiful! So picturesque! You put so much detail into your work!

Aww, thank you @SouthernSim! I try to and a lot of times I get lost in the details, but I do love to decorate and build <3
    illusie wrote: »
    I love Connors Farmhouse! <3

Thank you sweet @illusie <3
    edited September 2018
    OH MY WORD! Another build before a video post AND it's not a Build-n-Share Challenge. Who the heck am I? Awhile back (yes, I'm slow in posting this) a friend of mine asked if I could build him a home for a Sim couple, but not just ANY kind of house...he wanted a FLIPPIN' starter home. Now, if you know anything about me, I tend to shy away from anything that restricts me, but I decided to rise to the challenge, put on my big girl pants and hop to it. And BONUS, this build is CC free! <---- I know, I don't even recognise myself!

Wants:
    ○ Starter home for a couple built in Starlight Shores ✓
    ○ Match the Starlight Shores build style ✓
    ○ A guitar ✓
    ○ §18,500 (starting budget for a couple) ✓

Surrounded by olive trees, this small starter home is perfect for a couple just starting out their lives. An open floor plan allows space to expand this one bedroom, one and a half bathroom vista with views of the sea as your Sim family grows. There is plenty of outdoor space and a carport ready for when your Sims start making some money.

○ Built at 82 Oceanview Drive
    ○ 25x20 lot
    ○ §18,443 (furnished) <--- don't ask me how
    ○ §15,354 (unfurnished)

Without further ado: The Olive Vista <--- download BOOP!

29456849297_b1f4b0eb06_z.jpg

Note: The Exchange is being silly and not listing all the Store Content. If memory serves, I also used:
    Alessandro's Double Doors from Monte Vista
    Straightforward Tall Bookcase End from Roaring Heights
    Fjordsnord Tier 2 from Aurora Skies
    Beautiful Bougainvillea from the Al Fresco Street Market Venue

Features:
    ○ 1 bedroom
    ○ 1.5 bathrooms
    ○ Open floor plan
    ○ Guitar
    ○ Carport

Floor Plans:

Main Level
    30524663348_6c78221b65_z.jpg

Upper Level
    43484219565_af03e6deba_z.jpg

Kitchen
    43484222655_399b4ea860_z.jpg

Dining and Living Area
    30524664128_31675d3c95_z.jpg

Landing
    43484221605_58470bb2e5_z.jpg

Bedroom
    43484220935_e234710e6c_z.jpg

AND that's all she wrote! A cute little starter home for a couple as they make their way up in the world. There's room for expansion and upgrades...oh, and did I mention that this place is upgraded and playtested (The Quartet are good little eggs!)?! ENJOY m'dears!
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @aricarai Cool build
    msbeckycat wrote: »
    @aricarai Cool build

Thank you @msbeckycat <3
    The exterior design of Olive Vista is very nice! :) The design of the side car port looks great! The flowers Iook pretty, and very nice archway entrance nook. Very nice open plan layout of the interior. The white brick walls of the kitchen nook area looks very nice. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows at the outdoors views whilst preparing meals. Very nice windows dining area for Sims to enjoy the sunlight coming in onto through the windows whilst eating their meals. The different colours of the dining chairs is a great touch. Very nice sofa seat sitting nook for Sims to enjoy resting and watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase. Very nice upper landing study desk and music nook! Sims will enjoy listening to music from the music player whilst sitting at the table studying. They will enjoy playing the guitar there. The white colour scheme of the bedroom gives a nice look and feel to the room.
    It is a very nice starter home! :)
    Thank you sweet @rosemow. I always appreciate you stopping by and leaving your lovely comments <3
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    I *adore* Tuscan style! Such a perfect little starter, and yet you made it look like so much more! :)
    I *adore* Tuscan style! Such a perfect little starter, and yet you made it look like so much more! :)

Thank you so much m'dear @creativemetaphor! Playtesting the heck out of builds certainly helps with getting the price in budget. I think when I was finished building, it was about §25,000. Upgrade, upgrade, playtest, playtest, and watch the sky change colors for Sim days on end! :mrgreen:
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Pretty amazing that you got all this on a starter budget. Lovely style.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    The Olive Vista is cute, tiny and packed with detail sweetie! You have made a masterpiece!
    suzses wrote: »
    Pretty amazing that you got all this on a starter budget. Lovely style.

Thank you @suzses! <3
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    The Olive Vista is cute, tiny and packed with detail sweetie! You have made a masterpiece!

Aww thank you @BreeMiles! <3
    I had so much fun doing this modern industrial home in collaboration with filmsbyjosh. Watch him build Modern Waterfront here!
    Click on the picture to watch me furnish it on YouTube
    29456261837_74e3916277_z.jpg
    Enjoy m'dears!
    edited September 2018
    HOLY HECK! I don't even recognise myself these days! I'm back with another BUILD before VIDEO and it's also CC FREE (it does use store content and I'm pretty sure the Exchange got it right this time - WHOOP WHOOP)! I think I need my temperature checked. I did share a sneaky peek here, but I did go back and change some things because I didn't like that the barn was a different color than the house and some of the front yard landscaping needed to be changed, too. Ah, the life of being an indecisive sloth!

Anywhooo! I built this house for Girl Meets Pixel's Generation and Pets Let's Play on YouTube. Not only does she do LPs, but she also does CAS, build, and decorating videos in The Sims 3. Ya'll should definitely go and check her out because she is amazing at what she does. I heart this girl to pieces so much that I offered to build her a house for her family and she said she would love to furnish it to the family's taste (I'm seriously so excited to see what she does to the interior spaces - she's a decorating goddess). Girl Meets Pixels gave me free reign on the design and rooms included (except she wanted a pet room which I completely derped out on - I HAD ONE JOB - but I think there's plenty of space for her to fit that in when she decorates) as long as it would fit the growing Connors family. When in the planning stages of this home, I took into account the Lifetime Wishes of the Sims (Ryland - The Ark Builder & Evelyn - Surrounded by Family). And this is what I came up with for Connors Farmhouse (named after the family <--- I'm so creative!).

○ Built on a placed 50x50 lot in Storybrook County
    ○ §155,000 +
    ○ Partially furnished <--- I did decorate the outdoor spaces and the lower level of the barn

Without further ado: Connors Farmhouse <--- download BOOP

29603265287_26c0db95bf_z.jpg

Features:
    ○ 4 bedrooms
    ○ 3.5 bathrooms (in the main house)
    ○ 1 truck detached garage
    ○ Open plan living
    ○ Laundry nook
    ○ Flex space for an office/rumpus room (for the Connors, I laid this out for Evelyn's daycare career) + 1 bathroom
    ○ Barn with 2 horse stalls, plus outdoor space for the horses + a shower room
    ○ Small playground for the children
    ○ Dog houses and pet beds dotting around the grounds
    ○ BBQ area
    ○ Hot tub gazebo
    ○ Outdoor fireplace and seating area

Floor Plans:

Main Level
    44491419262_c73d680ae8_z.jpg

Upper Level
    44491413012_b8c37aaf43_z.jpg

Let's have a look at the grounds, shall we?:

42093018600_fe118962be_z.jpg

44491415882_7c9e3c14be_z.jpg

30672538418_db68b6eed0_z.jpg

29603253907_a9c0e24f42_z.jpg

44491413812_0918356953_z.jpg

29603261067_f1f35f981a_z.jpg

29603259767_02b4bc2443_z.jpg

44491416642_d5d487a9c3_z.jpg

29603258117_df6a726f2f_z.jpg

44491417332_f640984372_z.jpg

And let's have a looksie at the barn:

Main Level
    44491415072_cba70656ed_z.jpg

Upper Level
    29603256587_4577caef53_z.jpg

29603255197_f400521cd5_z.jpg

44491414432_98469727d2_z.jpg

Welp! I think that's enough rambling and picture spam from me! Oh, one last thing, my good little eggs, The Quartet did playtest the mothers out of this beast, so ya'll should be good to go! Enjoy m'dears AND if you do end up popping this in your game and decorating the heck out of it, I'd LOVE to see it! ♥
    Post edited by aricarai on
    The exterior design of Connors Farmhouse is very nice! :) The Farmhouse style roofing looks great! The white and brown colour scheme of the exterior walls and roofing gives a nice look to the build. The greenery covered trellis outdoors living nook is very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seating there, warming up near the fireplace. Very nice layout of the interior! Simmers will enjoy furnishing it to suit the needs and interests of the Sims household who will live there. Very nice outdoors areas! The plants, flowers and orange trees look very nice through the build. Nice sitting nook under the tree for Sims to rest on the hanging chair. They will enjoy sitting at the table in the outdoors air. Very nice kids play area, for them to have fun on the swings, spring rider or playing in the sand pit. Very nice art and hot tub nook! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub or enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. The overhead string lights look pretty there! Very nice outdoors dining nook for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating them at the umbrella covered dining table, in the nice outdoors setting. The design of the barn is great!
    It is a very nice farmhouse build! :)
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    Yes!!! I've been waiting for this download! I absolutely love the style of this build! I can't wait to put it in my game! B)
    edited September 2018
    Remember this post here? Welp, it's time for the SPEED BUILD! A starter home and CC free?! Welcome to The Olive Vista!
    Click on the picture to watch on YouTube
    44556537521_956aefb7d4_z.jpg
    Enjoy m'dears!