Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2018
    @Endereclipsed Thank you for the info. I figured they were CC or a Mod. I haven't ventured into the wonderful world of CC/Mods yet, I'm leary of taking the leap. But, I most likely will soon, especially for something like those ears (or those lovely eyelashes!) for my regular Sims. :)

@Fizzstix Thank you! Gen 1 seemed to go by so fast considering how long it took for me to actually have the resources to do this challenge. I'm really looking forward to playing Rosalind's Gen though. I've never, ever played the Serial Romantic aspiration or ever had a Sim with the snob trait for that matter. Plus, I haven't explored CL much yet, so I'm excited to see what the Politician career is like in the game. That's one thing I love about this challenge, trying new things, and it forces me out of my comfort zone. So far I'm enjoying it, a lot! <3

Thank you also and you too @PastelMermaid for easing my mind a bit about posting a multitude of screenshots/text here on the forums. The only reason I've hesitated to post too many or at least put them in spoilers, is because I know what it's like having an under-powered computer and try to view threads with lots of screenshots. It lags your computer or sometimes even crashes it.

Now that I have my new desktop, that's not a problem, but I'm sure there are others that still do. I'll probably continue to put screenshots in spoilers for those Simmers, but since no one seems to mind, I'll try to post more often with them at least. Thanks again!
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Karababy52 I was nervous of plunging into the world of CC a little while ago, but I started with some little things here and there and now I find myself more often than not having a gander at what's around and what I might like for my sims. It can be daunting but once you're in the shallows, you'll find yourself diving into plenty of tumblrs and pinterests finding all sorts to add to your game(s).

@Endereclipsed - Karababy52 mentioned your eyelashes, is there a way to take off the default ones and just have the CC ones? Or am I missing something entirely? - mine seem to just layer on the default ones and makes them all look like goths with too much eye makeup.. *facepalm* (I'm extremely blonde and like above mentioned, still getting my head around some CC)
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I've never, ever played the Serial Romantic aspiration or ever had a Sim with the snob trait for that matter. Plus, I haven't explored CL much yet, so I'm excited to see what the Politician career is like in the game. That's one thing I love about this challenge, trying new things, and it forces me out of my comfort zone. So far I'm enjoying it, a lot! <3

^that's why I love watching what people do with the same challenge format.. everyone is so different with it and it's so cool to me (for someone who doesn't have half the packs needed to take a stab at this properly) to see what happens (LPs and screenshots in this thread) and you're all so good at story telling!!!!

tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • EndereclipsedEndereclipsed Posts: 164 Member
    @Karababy52 Here is the pointy ears unlocked mod: http://modthesims.info/d/588257
    @PastelMermaid Here is a No EA eyelashes mod: http://cienzroza.blogspot.com/2017/04/soon-little-thing.html

Hope that helped :smile:
    Origin ID: EnderEclipsed
    36500e4441a9d06fa219f2b378eea26a.gif
    @Endereclipsed thank you!

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited October 2018
    @Endereclipsed thank you for the links! I have been curious about the new eyelashes, but have kept forgetting to look them up.

@Karababy52 I love this challenge for the same reason. As for the CC... I was leery at first about CC too, but now I have folders and subfolders of mods and CC. LOL But there are just a few that I can NOT live with out. That is the MCC Command Center and UI Cheats Extensions. There might be 1 or 2 more, but their names escape me at the moment.
    edited October 2018
    @PastelMermaid Thanks for the advice on the CC/Mods. I'm not a novice by any means when it comes to downloading both of these, I had a TON in TS2. It's just that it seems whenever I read a thread about someone having trouble with their game, a lot (but not always, of course) of the time it's because of a broken mod/CC.

Plus, they always have to be updated whenever there's a patch and they just seem more trouble than they're worth right now. Also and most importantly, well, downloading/shopping for CC/Mods was an addiction for me back in the day. I had so much in my game, it ruined it. o.O It was SO much fun while it lasted though. :)

Having said that, thank you @Endereclipsed for those links, I've added them to a list of CC/Mods I do want to get one day in the future. Very much appreciated!

@Fizzstix Yes, once I do take the CC/Mods leap, those two big mods are on my list. I read thread after thread of Simmers singing their praises, so I know I'll want them. :)

Alrighty, well, since y'all have said you don't mind if I post screenshots of my game play, here's some more under the spoiler. Be warned though, there's 23! I'll try to cut that down in the future. Let me know if that's too many. Thanks and have fun playing your game. I know I am! <3

Since it was Rosalind's birthday, Brooks & Vela asked her if she'd like to go to the park with Dad. Mom was going to stay behind to bake a cake and also cook a Tofu Turkey since it was Harvestfest too. In reality, Rosalind was stuck progressing with her second aspiration since she needed to play on a jungle gym while playful.

nwIz0DC.png

Once they arrived at Hare Square Park, Rosalind jumped right on to play and Brooks got into the spirit by pretending to be a scary space monster.

D6MyHmh.png

He must've been doing a great job acting the part. Look at Rosalind's face. She seems terrified!

OP29pem.png

Uh, yeah, I'd be scared too if my Dad had ever looked at me like, THAT! o.O

68yLyU8.png

Goal achieved, Rosalind moved on to the Monkey bars and quickly made her way across & back three times, then paused for a photo op.

oFnVuQV.png

Father & daughter sat on a near by bench to have a chat and then Brooks decided it was time to go home. "Sound good? I bet Mom's finished baking your birthday cake by now."

lLhCUya.png

"You're the best Dad, thanks for taking me here."
    "Aww, you're welcome Honey, anytime."

MJ5fZO2.png

Back home the cake was finished, but the Tofu Turkey had awhile to cook yet. Vela and Brooks sat down to watch a movie while Rosalind played Keyboard Commander in her room. I don't think Vela was too pleased when Brooks told her to be quiet, "Shhhhh." By the way Vela, why are you eating now? Guess dinner will take longer than I thought.

FdiuQal.png

"Okay, movie's over. Since I'm the only one that can expertly fix anything around here, you can wash dishes while I fix the dryer. Okay Sweetie?"
    *Why oh why did I have to shush her? D'oh*

VpC2Bez.png

While Vela fixed the dryer in about 30 seconds (I love she gets that 'expert repair' from the Science career)...

qWD9CPl.png

Brooks made his way downstairs to his favorite place to be, his sanctuary, the music room. It's quite fancy, full of priceless antiques, statues, etc. and two large paintings. Very few people know that Brooks is a descendant of Lord & Lady Shallot of the Von Haunt Chalet fame. Mimsy was his great-great (maybe another great? not sure) Grandmother. The generally accepted story is that Bernard accidentally killed them both by burning a painting. While that is true, Brooks knows the rest of the story...but, we'll save that for another time. ;)

Anyway, being a romantic at heart, Brooks always scatters rose petals beneath the portrait in tribute to Mimsy whenever he plays. You can see a few peeking out behind him.

nNfS1Sp.png

Finally, it's time to celebrate Rosalind's birthday. As the family gathers around, Rosalind takes a deep breath and blows so hard, her eyes cross! Vela looks distracted a bit by something else.

*Hey, what's that big green thingy floating above Rosalind's head?*

(I forgot to turn headlineeffects off, Opps!)

iiPiyot.png

Anyway, crisis diverted and everyone is excited to find out what Rosalind will look like as a teenager.

MoVCdL3.png

Ta Da! You look...uh, cute, I guess. What's with the hair man? And those clothes. Oh dear... Rosalind doesn't look too pleased either.

vjrHCrs.png

Nevermind, her folks have a birthday present for Rosalind that just might help fix her up.

KoJHSJE.png

"10,000 simoleons!? O.M.G.!!!"

u3ovXIc.png

"Thanks Mom and...

S8WEFPZ.png

"Dad! I can't wait to go shopping!"
    "You're welcome Sweetie, just don't spend it all at once. Save most of it for college or a new house or something."

I know you can't actually 'give' simoleans to family members living in the same house, but I thought I'd just add it to her household funds when she moves out. :)

H63NuIi.png

So, here is Rosalind exactly as she aged up to a teen. The look on her face is priceless. Looks like she's thinking, "Ug, hurry up and take the picture please so I can go fix myself up!"

QW4UenW.png

Annnnd, after! Meet the first teen, the Second Gen heir of my challenge, Roz. She's decided Roz sounds cooler than Rosalind, so that's what she'll be called from now on. I actually liked the short hair, just not that cut, so we gave her a new style. I had thoughts of the color Rose being more pink, but noticed there's a 'pink' Gen later on so decided to go with Red instead. All her clothing categories have some Red as the featured color. I need to make-over her room too! :)

yla5YHY.png

Lastly, here's a bit closer pic so you can see her features better. I think she turned out cute for a born in-game Sim. The only criticism I'd have, would be her lips are kind of thin. I wish she'd inherited Vela's, but they're not that bad really. They came from Brooks. I had no idea his were that thin, he was hiding them under that mustache I guess. Clever Brooks, very clever. lol

5wm8rua.png

Annnnd, that's all folks, until next time! <3

EDIT: I forgot to say that I gave Roz the Serial Romantic Aspiration as required and the Romantic trait. She'll get the Snob trait when she ages up to a young adult.

If you checked out the latest goings on in my challenge, thank you very much! I hope you like the screenshots, have a great day and...

Happy Simming! <3
    @Karababy52 I love your posts and the photos are such a fun addition... I say fully load them! (but that's just me). I love what you did with Roz, she's super cute and going to be such a heart breaker when she gets cracking.

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • KvelvetKvelvet Posts: 262 Member
    @Endereclipsed who's the hot anime guy in your siggy?
    Origin ID: ScarletteII
  • EndereclipsedEndereclipsed Posts: 164 Member
    @Kvelvet It's Rin Matsuoka from Free!
    Origin ID: EnderEclipsed
    36500e4441a9d06fa219f2b378eea26a.gif
    edited October 2018
    Thank you @PastelMermaid :) Roz is well on her way to being that heartbreaker you've suggested she can be. But before I post anything about Roz and her Gen goings-on, I need to wrap-up Velamint's story. There was one more thing she needed to do before I personally felt her Gen was truly finished.

I have played the Science career many, many times, I just love it more than any other. Unfortunately, when reaching Level 10, none of those Sims ever got the Sixam Alien Party reward. I think maybe the game thought my toaster of a laptop couldn't handle it or something. In light of that, I hadn't planned on following Velamint to work anymore after she reached Level 10. But, she kept getting breakthroughs and learning new serum recipes, something else that had never happened before. I decided to go just one more time with her and see what would happen. The following 11 screenshots is the result...

Euronka! As Velamint would say, she was actually invited to a Sixam Alien Party as a reward for all her hard work. The first Sim I've ever had that got one! I was so shocked! It was the only objective she had in her list too. That is until she actually made it to Sixam through the Electroflux Wormhole Generator.

Here she is dancing with a few aliens. I'll tell you, the decorations were hilarious, very cool set-up. So far so good, Velamint is having a wonderful time. I was a little disappointed in the low number of aliens in attendance though.

JvpJ1y8.png

But then, I notice MORE and MORE aliens were showing up for the party! See them coming off in the distance? They were just the tip of the iceberg.

Wl3fRRT.png

I count 11 in this screenshot, but the actual total number was 18, plus Velamint. How do I know? Because later I found them all in the household management tab. I could just cry, you have no idea! I've NEVER had that many Sims on one lot at the same time. They were all interacting with Vela and themselves too.

Aliens everywhere dancing, talking, watching an alien comedian and/or an alien violinist and giving the guy tips too! Though I don't know why, he wasn't very good. lol One of Vela's objectives was to actually do a comedy routine herself, but her skill level isn't high enough. Darn...

s5H1v5W.png

There was also a bar with a bartender standing by, but nobody seemed all that interested in him at the moment. Aw, I hope he wasn't bummed out wanting to join the party too.

lwAljFM.png

This set-up had me laughing so hard! Nice try Devs! See how they put the Future cube so prominently on display? It's the first thing you see when you arrive. Velamint still didn't use it though. I'm sorry that statistically it's the least used object, but Vela had other objectives to fulfill.

95VVw5N.png

Speaking of objectives, Vela left the party temporarily to fill a couple of those. She was supposed to collect an alien crystal and an alien plant. She got the crystal just fine, but all the alien plants couldn't be harvested. :( She could remove them, but because nobody is technically there at 5 a.m. for them to grow, they don't. That needs to be fixed! She was able to take a cutting of each plant though. I'll try grafting them to plants in her garden, but I doubt it'll work.

Anyway, look at Sixam, isn't it just gorgeous!? I've followed Sims there before, but it never looked like this. There is just so much, more? I played in laptop mode before getting this new desktop and I really didn't understand then how much more the game has to offer if you don't have to use that.

swuCACk.png

And here's one more I couldn't resist taking in tab mode. Magnificent!

R7OhQlN.png

Vela was getting hungry and the plants from home in her inventory weren't enough to fill her up, so she headed back to the bar for a snack. Bonus that it just happened to be a 'Dinner Out' holiday so everything was free! Here she is after filling up having a chat with an alien male. I think all the alien males were quite handsome there.

I'm very surprised he'd even talk to her. Earlier some of her objectives were to; scare, use the hand buzzer, ask for DNA and freeze an alien besides talking to 10 of them. Curiously, nobody got upset with her doing these actions, they only laughed like she was the funniest thing they'd ever seen. One female did get a little upset when she froze a male alien using the freeze ray, but it was all good when I had her immediately crack him open. :)

She was supposed to mind control 3 aliens to change clothing too, but after she did it to one, I didn't have her bother to do anymore. The guy got the headache, but when he twirled to change...nothing happened! o.O Makes sense though when you think about it. D'oh! lol

gOcmNu9.png

I just took this screenshot because I love the look of the alien outfits, the way they pulse, glow and are so shiny. Very cool!

RJRei2B.png

They all looked so happy too, smiling and laughing! I love hearing the aliens talk and laugh, it's cute! I might just have to reconsider my resistance to having an alien baby now. We'll see...

pVMbFVU.png

Congratulations Velamint Berry! You did very well for your generation, I'm proud of you! I'm going to miss you when you're gone. But that won't happen for quite a while yet so we still get to spend some quality time together. And before you know it, you and Brooks will have a Grandchild or two to dandle on your knee! Love you Lady, you're the best! <3

wORvfzv.png

Happy Simming everyone! :)<3
    @Karababy52 So awesome! Yes, going to Sixam for the alien party is pretty entertaining. Glad you finally got to experience that. You got some really great pictures while you were there. I can't wait to read what goings on Roz gets into. :D
    Hi @Fizzstix Thanks, it was entertaining! So happy I was finally able to experience this event. :) I have some update pics for Roz, but I was waiting to see if anyone else would post here first. I don't want to flood it with just my adventures at the Berry Abode. It seems most people playing this challenge post updates on blogs/YT, just give a text update now and then or have moved on to other things.

Actually, I myself haven't played this save in a few days. I started an Extreme Rags to Riches challenge. I needed a break to think about my options after making a rather bonehead decision for Velamint, and Brooks too. They were both looking a bit chunky, so I had them drink a Slimify serum. They're both slim now, yep, but it's a bit too extreme for my tastes. They look like sticks that could blow away in a stiff wind. o.O

Anyway, I know y'all have said you don't mind if I post a bunch of pics, but I'm wondering if maybe I should post on my old blog (or start a new one) instead? I hadn't intended to do a full blown story for this challenge, so I've been hesitant to do that. Maybe I should though. I don't know. I'll probably just keep posting pics in spoilers here again after awhile. Thoughts?
    @Karababy52 I've put my NSB on the back burner for now... I need to get my pictures organized a bit more before I can resume sharing how things are going with my game. (BTW, I think I maybe have found those missing pictures! just not sure if I have recovered all of them, just yet.) I know what you mean about feeling like you are flooding the thread with just your story.. I kind of felt that way when I was sharing my pictures. But, I am not minding having your story/game being shared here. I hope to get my stuff situated at some point so I can continue sharing what has happened with my game.. but I can't say for sure when that will happen. I am sort of in a holding pattern until after the new EP that is coming out because mods will be completely broken, so I don't want to invest too much in my games that require mods. So, I am just playing around with my vanilla game save.
    @Karababy52 I get why you'd think you're flooding but the thread is all about NSB and others just aren't as active as posting as you are - if you didn't wanna do a blog you as you say you didn't intend on going full story mode for your game why don't you make a thread for your NSB or your household in particular (I know a few simmers on here that have done so because they were posting in a main thread and they got a bunch of people wanting updates) - I mean I love seeing your photos and storytelling because quite frankly you're good at it

"wahoo" - aquaman
    @Fizzstix I'm so glad you may have found all your missing pictures! \o/ That's great news! You make a good point about waiting for the GF EP. Brooks might benefit from that since he's Level 10 in Guitar and Piano now and is well on his way to leveling the Musician career. And maybe Vela could be a famous Scientist. Plus, I don't know if politicians can be 'famous' in the game, but Roz (and other Gens) might benefit too. I hadn't planned on getting it, but the more I see from YT vids/livestreams, the more I'm liking that pack!

I can understand about the broken mods/CC factor too. I don't have any in my game yet, but if I did, I'd want to wait to see what happens. Hopefully not too many become unrecoverable, I have a feeling they might be though. Especially since they're also updating Python. o.O

@PastelMermaid *blush* Aww, man you're so sweet! Thank you so much for saying that, it's a big ego boost. <3 I'll consider starting a thread or a new blog. But like mentioned above, I think I'll wait until after GF comes out now. Plus, I'm having a ball playing the Extreme Rags to Riches challenge in the meanwhile. I'll let y'all know. Thanks to both of you for being so supportive, helpful and understanding, I really appreciate it! :)
  • danixmcdanixmc Posts: 32 Member
    I am loving the Not So Berry Challenge. My Generation 1 Sim, Pepper is an adult now and has a husband called Lucas and a son, Rory (the rose heir).
    Pepper is level 8 of her career
    Is level 9 of the Logic skill
    Is level 8 almost 9 of the Mischief skill
    Has 13 out of 15 Elements
    Needs to Max Mischief Skill to Complete Aspiration

I will hopefully be able to upload some screenshots of my sims at some point. I can't wait to start Gen 2. Rory is currently a child but is a teen in 4 days so I can start his aspiration early.
  • SimsimberrySimsimberry Posts: 12 New Member
    Heyy im new and I did a remake on this challenge would anyone like to take a look at it or maybe even try it?
    [quote="Simsimberry;c-16801281"]Heyy im new and I did a remake on this challenge would anyone like to take a look at it or maybe even try it?[/quote]

I would happily take a look if u want x
    @simsimberry I would happily take a look x
    @danixmc Ok I will share first generation to see you how you like it so far tell me how it is and I will give you the next 3 generations since I'm still working on it.
    Generation One: Blue

You are an astronaut who loves space and likes to be alone. Your mom and dad didn't pay much attention to you so now you enjoy being alone. You have two kids who are very fun and messy but you try your best to keep them calm so that they won't disturb you.

Traits: Loner, Perfectionist, Geek
    Aspiration: Nerd Brain
    Career: Astronaut
    Rules:
    Master Astronaut career and complete Nerd Brain Aspiration

Master Rocket Science and Logic Skill

Must have only two kids
    @Simsimberry I really like this for the first generation. I just think it might need one extra challenge like completing a collection or something related to the sims future spouse (have to meet them somewhere specific, must be a co worker) just something a little extra. Apart from that though love it so far xx
    (@Simsimberry I really like this for the first generation. I just think it might need one extra challenge like completing a collection or something related to the sims future spouse (have to meet them somewhere specific, must be a co worker) just something a little extra. Apart from that though love it so far xx )@danixmc

OK thanks for your feedback I knew I was missing something but didn't know what. I will definitely add that.
    Generation One: Blue

You are an astronaut who loves space and likes to be alone. Your mom and dad didn't pay much attention to you so now you enjoy being alone. You have two kids who are very fun and messy but you try your best to keep them calm so that they won't disturb you.

Traits: Loner, Perfectionist, Geek
    Aspiration: Nerd Brain
    Career: Astronaut
    Rules:
    Master Astronaut career and complete Nerd Brain Aspiration

Master Rocket Science and Logic Skill

Must have only two kids

You will find your spouse they will be at the park (any park)
    @Simsimberry Thanks for adding in my idea! If u need anymore help just let me know x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top