Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the grab arrow thingy on stairs won't widen

I have such a hard time trying to widen stairs. Most of the time I just give up, Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?
When I place the cursor over the arrow it will highlight but when I click on it nothing happens.

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    The thing has always been slippery. I've found myself having to attempt to grab it multiple times before it actually takes. I think it's some kind of weird glitch baked into the push-pull arrows of the stairs. Just have a bit of patience...and your favorite unhealthy beverage at hand for when it drives you to drink.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Hm... I noticed that too although I noticed I just have to pull the arrow a bit further than what seems normal for the stairs to widen.

I think that's the case for me too
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    The left grab arrow won't work for me at all - I always have to drag the right arrow and I have to press really hard on my mouse to not have it snap back. This has always been the case for me since base game so I have to plan carefully where my stairs will go.
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    The left grab arrow won't work for me at all - I always have to drag the right arrow and I have to press really hard on my mouse to not have it snap back. This has always been the case for me since base game so I have to plan carefully where my stairs will go.

:( that's a bummer
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Agreed. I've been hoping for a long time that it would be on the eventual "fix list" . . . and I'm still waiting. :(
  • paige_emilyypaige_emilyy Posts: 104 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Hm... I noticed that too although I noticed I just have to pull the arrow a bit further than what seems normal for the stairs to widen.

I think that's the case for me too

Me too
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I've never got those things to work for indoor stairs and only occasionally for outdoor ones.