Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Question...

I just started a new sim in the City Living expansion and I am loving all the things that the sim can do, but I have a few questions.

1. Can the sims sell their paintings in the plaza? I tried to bring down an easel and I could not place it outside of my apartment. How do you sell paintings in the plazas?
2. I have a camera, can I set up the photo studio outside and take pictures for profit of other sims? or is there a way to hang m pictures off of a wall for sale to other sims?
3. Is all it takes to move to a better place the ability to afford the new place? So I just evict the current tenants?
4. Is there a place in the city where I can do gardening? I was thinking of going vamp eventually and I would like to grow plasma fruit trees?
5. How do I set up playing say a guitar for tips? or just painting for tips? Can I set up a table and sell my woodworking pieces? Where do I get the table?

I am sure there will be much more to come, but that is all I will bother you with for now. Love the Sims, love the community and I hope that someday they add animals as an expansion.

P.S. I have not bought any of the smaller $10 packs, because they did not seem worth it based on the little you got from them...if I was to buy a few, which ones would you suggest...you know the ones I mean, not the large exp packs like Get to Work or City Living, but the smaller ones that are basically more clothing additions.

Thank you all.

Comments

• Options
    Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    P.P.S I remember another question I had. I am playing a female sim and someday I wish to start a family, however, I do not wish to adopt or get married. Is it possible to become pregnant and drop the male sim once I have a baby on the way? I would like to have a vampire baby, but not sure if that is an option. Sorry if this subject is too racy. Just a question and what I had in mind for my female sim.

Thank you
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    1. Yes. There's a board you can buy, put in your inventory, and post paintings on. (Sorry, I can't recall what it's called.)
    2. No. Photography doesn't have a monetization option in either of those ways.
    3. Yes - all you need is the cash. Yes, you evict the tenants the same as if you buy a house.
    4. You can garden on balconies, I believe. You could also redo any of the ground-level lots as a home with a garden. There's no community garden in the city.
    5. Not sure on how the guitar for tips works. No, you can't paint for tips. There's a tarp to sell objects on; it's in build/buy.
    PPS. There's no need to be connected in any way to a Sim you Try for Baby with other than persuading them to Try for Baby. You can Try for Baby with a Vampire and have a 50% chance that the baby will be a Vampire - higher, I believe, with one of the lot traits.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello .
    Luthien has answered your questions. Just to add a little bit more, with the first question, you can sell your paintings on the Street Gallery item. This link explains about it,
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#Gallery
    With question 5, this link explains about the street table, which you can sell items on .
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#YardSale
    This is a picture of it
    mK9mP39.png

To play the guitar for tips, just have your sim start playing the guitar somewhere and sim will come and tip. You don't need to choose a particular interaction to play for tips. You can get tips from playing the guitar from guitar skill level 3.
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    Are you able to sell on the tarp? I haven't tried it and was wondering if you could sell your crafted furniture?
  • Options
    Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    I must be dense, but I cannot find a selling table in the buy mode. I check the City Living pack and look at all the new things the pack brought to the game and I do not see any table that can be used to sell items. Also, I do not know how or where to hang my paintings in order to sell them. Please help me.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I must be dense, but I cannot find a selling table in the buy mode. I check the City Living pack and look at all the new things the pack brought to the game and I do not see any table that can be used to sell items. Also, I do not know how or where to hang my paintings in order to sell them. Please help me.

Hello
    I have posted a picture of the selling table in the above post. Try putting the words " Come and get it street store" into the search bar in build/buy mode and see if that helps.
    The item to sell paintings is called "street gallery". Try typing those words into the search bar,

oPo9614.png