Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About 'Drain Life Spirit' interaction for vamp

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Not sure I'm doing well with this interaction. I created a vampire feeding club as I really don't want to hang around for plasma. I got 3 homeless npc human sims as club member. I used 'compel for a deep drink' and got double minus from other members, so yesterday, I used 'drain life spirit' and didn't get the negative reaction.The problem has happened on the next night. I tried to drink and it says that this sim has recently drained so not able to drink this sim. So I restored his life spirit and then it says,"this sim recently has stored his life spirit so I cannot drink'. Ok so I got it for now. Then next night, I opened the club again, then tried the sim but it still says the same thing and I cannot drink it.

Which one is the best way to drink without negative reaction except for Permission to drink? Or how this drain and restore life spirit works? Thanks for reading. :)

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No sim wants to be a feedbag for a vampire. I'm glad vampires can't drain everyone they run into on the street. It should be a little difficult.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Drain life spirit resets that's sims memories and relationships, so if that sim had a negative relationship with your vamp they would no longer know them. Restoring life sprint gives them the memories back...I think, I haven't restored yet.
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I had my Vampire sim ask his Alien wife for a drink and the notification said something like "No Way!!! You keep those fangs away from me!!" and their relation is maxed out!
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I had my Vampire sim ask his Alien wife for a drink and the notification said something like "No Way!!! You keep those fangs away from me!!" and their relation is maxed out!

That might be because she's an Alien, too. Aliens don't have plasma, apparently.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I'm wondering about this "restore life spirit", too here it says that you can refresh your prey using restore life spirit. But after draining and restoring life spirit to a sim, you still can't drink from them even the next night.

So, how is the restoring life spirit supposed to really work? Is it just glitched right now, or is the Sims Wikia wrong, when saying you can refresh your pray with it?
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    vampires have zero problem drinking from aliens, though the alien plasma does seem to be slightly less thirst-quenching, from what i've seen. i have...a lot of aliens and a fair number of half-aliens in my game. one of the latter is also a vampire.

and be very careful with draining life spirit. it's more dangerous than the alien memory wipe. draining life spirit resets all relationships for the target sim, and restoring life spirit seems to have, at best, a 10% chance of giving them their memories back. super exciting... when the spirit is restored, the sim will get a 3 day long confident buff and can't have its spirit drained again during that time, either. i think the 'restoring' was meant as 'give them their memories back', but was taken to mean 'you can feed from them again'. (also, if a sim is spirit drained, they are said to fail against vampire powers more often, but so far, i've only seen vampires fail their powers vs other vampires...or out in the sunlight if they have that sun fear weakness)
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    and be very careful with draining life spirit. it's more dangerous than the alien memory wipe. draining life spirit resets all relationships for the target sim, and restoring life spirit seems to have, at best, a 10% chance of giving them their memories back. super exciting... when the spirit is restored, the sim will get a 3 day long confident buff and can't have its spirit drained again during that time, either. i think the 'restoring' was meant as 'give them their memories back', but was taken to mean 'you can feed from them again'. (also, if a sim is spirit drained, they are said to fail against vampire powers more often, but so far, i've only seen vampires fail their powers vs other vampires...or out in the sunlight if they have that sun fear weakness)

Thanks for clearing that out. I really wish I'd known that before. One thing I was thinking about, when I gave my vampire that power, was that several vampires could drink from the same sim in a short while. That it only needed restoring life spirit. But obviously it's not that way.

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    kati77 wrote: »

Thanks for clearing that out. I really wish I'd known that before. One thing I was thinking about, when I gave my vampire that power, was that several vampires could drink from the same sim in a short while. That it only needed restoring life spirit. But obviously it's not that way.

I think the "refresh your prey" thing just meant that if you've been feeding on someone, and thus have a negative relationship, then you can drain their life spirit which resets all their relationships back to zero. So basically they'll forget you've been feeding on them and they won't hate you any more.

Whenever there is any type of draining of plasma on someone, they get the "bitten" moodlet which prevents them from being bitten again by anyone until that wears off. I found a mod that disregards the bitten moodlet and allows a vampire to feed off them again anyway. I've been using that so I don't have to keep finding new prey for my vampire.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @kalaksed Thanks for the detailed explanation. Which way would be the best way to get plasma from sims one or two times a day without negative moodlet except for asking for drink?
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »
    I think the "refresh your prey" thing just meant that if you've been feeding on someone, and thus have a negative relationship, then you can drain their life spirit which resets all their relationships back to zero. So basically they'll forget you've been feeding on them and they won't hate you any more.

Well, that's kind of useless, then. If my vampire compels someone for a drink, it doesn't really make any difference, if the sim hates them or not. They can still do it again the next day.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

Well, that's kind of useless, then. If my vampire compels someone for a drink, it doesn't really make any difference, if the sim hates them or not. They can still do it again the next day.

It makes sense to me. You don't have to love a vampire to be bitten and die... >:) Too bad these can't kill off a few townies, other than Enrage. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited March 2017

It's not overly useful and I don't use it very often...especially since it erases all relationships. But I've found a few uses for it.

The negative relationship can build up pretty fast (especially if you use a mod which allows re-feeding with no time limit)...so I've had others start fist fights with my vampire and I used drain spirit to reset them so I wouldn't have to deal with that stuff. Plus, if you want to invite them over instead of having to leave the lot or track them down, then they often will decline an invitation to come over if the friendship meter is too far in the red. So resetting it helps there too. Also, I had a sim who kept calling and texting my main sim every day about going on a date and how she can't stop thinking about him. He's married and has kids...I had him tell her that he just wants to be friends and that dropped his romance meter to zero but hers stayed the same. I couldn't seem to get it to reset even with cheats so I switched over to Vlad and went to her apartment and had Vlad drain her life spirit. So all her relationships were reset to zero and my main sim never hears from her anymore, lol.

There are some mods out there which allow unlimited re-feeding without time limits and can even be set to remove negative relationship effects from feeding. That's the goal the OP described and that's the easy way to do it......"drain life spirit" isn't really intended to circumvent the feeding cooldown built into the game.

Post edited by JimG72 on
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I use it as a punishment mostly. Vampires excommunicated from my vampire society are made mortal and drained of life spirit before being cast out by one particular vampire who serves the role of enforcer.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    @JimG72 I never really invite humans to my vampire. My vampire just visits random sims, goes into their house and drinks.

@starcrunch the punishment idea sounds cool.

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »
    I use it as a punishment mostly. Vampires excommunicated from my vampire society are made mortal and drained of life spirit before being cast out by one particular vampire who serves the role of enforcer.

That's.... actually a really cool idea.

--T
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    starcrunch wrote: »

wow!! Sounds like a part of movie. awesome! :D
  • Options
    swarren12swarren12 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I restore life spirit? If I have already drank from another sim then I am unable to interact on the vampire feeding again. Help? Please? I've browsed the forums and am not seeing an answer to this. TIA!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    swarren12 wrote: »
    How do I restore life spirit? If I have already drank from another sim then I am unable to interact on the vampire feeding again. Help? Please? I've browsed the forums and am not seeing an answer to this. TIA!

I am almost positive that if you click on the sims you drained, you can restore the spirit. I have had it modded for a long time. When my vampires drain life, it is death for that sim. LOL
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Is it normal for the "drained" Sim to just stand there in a hypnotic trance... all day and night?

I had my Vampire "Drain Life Force" from Brant Hecking, and he just stood there like a cabbage on a sidewalk in Oasis Springs! He didn't go home to Brent or Brindleton Bay! :/

Just wanted to ask, before this old thread got closed.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Matt_G17Matt_G17 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a group that I did for only supernatural beings where there is one of each occult type. So there is a spellcaster, a vampire, an alien, a skeleton, a plantsim, a servo and a mermaid . And in the things that the group does, there is "use vampire powers". The thing is that the vampire drank the life spirit of my mermaid sim (which is my main sim to play with) , so then I did the interaction to give it back, but my sim still remembers nothing. I had to meet and introduce myself to every single person, that took a very long time to recreate all of my main relationships and I'm not finished yet. If this happens again, does anybody know an easier way to get all of my relationships back? Thanks :smile:
  • Options
    TransPrince6TransPrince6 Posts: 2 New Member
    When I try draining life spirit on my sims, it doesn't give them the white bar. It only shows that they're uncomfortable for a long time and they go back to being normal and not being command or sad when being away from their master or something like that.

Can anyone help?
  • Options
    When I try draining life spirit on my sims, it doesn't give them the white bar. It only shows that they're uncomfortable for a long time and they go back to being normal and not being command or sad when being away from their master or something like that.

Can anyone help?

If you use any mods like a piece of life or something else, it might be from the mods. It's supposed to turn back to the complete stranger.

• Options
    TransPrince6TransPrince6 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just drained the life spirit from a sim. It only ages them up?
    Should I just remove Slice of Life to see what it does?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Good old vamp fun. :D
  • Options
    CyanideDiCyanideDi Posts: 1 New Member
    I completed the friend of the world aspiration with my vampire and drain life spirit did not reset the memories or relationship AND had no negative to the relationship... 20 friends at once is a pain but has it's up side apparently