Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can a store be a home?

I own an art emporium and I have tons of space left in order to raise a family and continue my art work. Is there any way that you can make your store your home? Problem is that when I am at the art emporium and I travel somewhere for an event, I cannot hit the HOME button on my sims icon because that takes me to the lot I had to buy in order to get my sim in the game. There is nothing on the lot but I cannot sell it. So I need to be careful to hit the return to the store button from the menu and not the Go Home, otherwise, as I said, I will end up at the vacant lot and then have to transfer to the store.

Thank you, I am going to assume there is no way that I can make my store my home, even though I live there now and want to have a family there, but I thought I would ask.

If I cannot I will build a home on the lot and just redesign my store and go there when I want to sell paintings, otherwise it will stay vacant and I will continue building my new home and raising my family.

Thanks again.

Comments

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited March 2017
    You cannot make it a home, but you can build all the trappings of a home, lock the doors to the "living area" so that customers won't wander into those places and just never go to your actual home.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    You can't make it home and have sims directed there. They will always default to the "home" lot after work and school and then you will need to use the option to "bring them here".

And you will always have to choose travel to that lot instead of hitting the "house" icon to send them home.

It's certainly doable, but is a pain with a large family coming home from work or school at different times.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    You CAN in a sense. I have my sims move onto an empty lot, then make a store with living quarters above it. They just never go home to the empty lot, except if kids or household members go home after school or work. Then you just click the lightning bolt near their picture and bring them back to the store lot. And from my experience, empty lots don't generate bills, either. So no household bills to deal with.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png