Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will my laptop run TS4?

I was wondering whether my laptop would be able to run TS4? I do have a gaming desktop, but I don't always have access to it so it'd be nice if I had the option of playing on my laptop too, even if it's on much lower settings. Here's the specs:

Intel Core i5-4210U 2.7 GHz
8GB memory
1TB HDD
Win 10
Nvidia Geforce 820m
(I hope that's all the info needed)

Thanks! :)
수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
my new simblr
lWAXrDZ.png

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    That laptop is lower end. It may have trouble running the game or more than the base game . You can try and see what happens. You will need to use this thread and make sure the game is using Nvidia not intel http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd/p1

I would check off laptop mode. play at lower settings and play in windowed mode if the game will run
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    edited March 2017
    You could try low medium with no CC/mods (except ones that fix bugs/glitches) and with a tiny bit of DLC.
    Since you have another PC too, you don't need to get a new one. You can play on good settings/ with more DLC/CC/mods on your other PC.
    I would try it and see how it runs, since this

Your GPU is NVidia. Maybe download the game and use Geforce experience to optimize the game. Make sure your drivers are up to date or somewhere nearby first though. Use the guide posted above to make sure it is running with your GT 820m and not your integrated Intel GPU that came with your CPU.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Thank you both. I'll give it a go on low settings then :)
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I got a better cpu, slightly better gpu but not by much and got 12GB RAM. For me it works just fine on high settings BUT I only play for 30mins-1hour, almost all my time is in build mode but sometimes I actually play the game x) I think yours will run fine, maybe bump up the settings if you don't have long sessions though I'm no expert.

Ive played 600+ hours with mine (:
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Make sure you also adjust your graphics card settings. When I did this, after having no clue that my graphic card even had settings, my game ran SOO much smoother! I was even able to up a couple of my game graphics option as well! :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Thanks for the tips! :)
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png