Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sad Toddlers

The toddler is sad from being left alone???

sad%20in%20the%20bath.png

Comments

• KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    Did one of your other Sims leave? Because toddlers will get that moodlet when one of their parents or caregivers leaves the lot,even when there are other Sims still there with them.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    well that's dumb, I don't even know. it is a large, 4 adults and 3 toddlers so It's hard to keep track
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    well I just check and yeah one just left for work, well that explains now why they all get sad at the same time smh thanks
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    It doesn't last long and isn't an overwhelming thing that keeps them from carrying on. It's like when babies cry when a parent leaves.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    The Q I have is sort of related to this...does anyone else get teens/YAs that get this lingering "sadness from being left alone" (from when they were toddlers) moodlet or are my mods messing up my game?
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Nini wrote: »
    The Q I have is sort of related to this...does anyone else get teens/YAs that get this lingering "sadness from being left alone" (from when they were toddlers) moodlet or are my mods messing up my game?

I haven't yet though that would be interesting if the effect of being left alone as tots had a lasting effect as they age.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

Hmm..
    I haven't spent a lot of hours playing any Sims that fit that scenario.
    I'd be very interested to see if this is part of the original programming.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »
    well that's dumb, I don't even know. it is a large, 4 adults and 3 toddlers so It's hard to keep track

It's a common thing for them to miss their parents/caregivers if their away. Reminds me a lot of my son when he had to go daycare lol. Though thinking of it from their point of veiw being somewhere where you don't know anyone...might be pretty scary. But the moment you come home or pick them up from daycare/school, they jump for joy and pounce you as if they haven't seen you 4 years :lol:.

Whoa :open_mouth: now that's really something. Was your toddler "clingy" by any chance? Sorta makes me wonder if they were going to convert 'clingy' into a child/adult trait.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    They might have been, don't remember. But they definitely aged up and would be depressed all the time with the moodlet "where is everybody?". So weird!
    I also get this creepy problem in some sims where they age up and sometimes walk around all messed up, and their legs bend over weird/make them smaller, like they are still a toddler... :-S
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    It doesn't last long and isn't an overwhelming thing that keeps them from carrying on. It's like when babies cry when a parent leaves.

Also depends on the trait -- my Independent toddler never gets that moodlet while his older sister (a Charmer) got it every time her parents went to work.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    They also get sad instead of uncomfortable from low needs.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Clingy and Angelic toddlers get sad, the rest get angry when they have low needs.
  • mslolalolitamslolalolita Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Nini said:
    > The Q I have is sort of related to this...does anyone else get teens/YAs that get this lingering "sadness from being left alone" (from when they were toddlers) moodlet or are my mods messing up my game?

I get this . But now an adult and still sad
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    > @Nini said:
    > The Q I have is sort of related to this...does anyone else get teens/YAs that get this lingering "sadness from being left alone" (from when they were toddlers) moodlet or are my mods messing up my game?

I get this . But now an adult and still sad

Did you by chance give your Sim the Gloomy Trait?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/