Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Clones?

I just got the Vampires pack and started playing around with vampires today. I had already placed some "townie" vampires, but I also deleted every other family besides Vlad and the Voltores. I was lurking around Forgotton Hollow at night and noticed a couple of the Sims I had made walking around. However, they were the same Sim, but dressed differently. I then kept seeing other Sims I had made, but dressed in different clothing. I don't have Get to Work, so I can't be aliens. What's causing this and how can I fix it? Is the game just adding Sims to take up space? Why is it copying my vampire Sims then?
Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!

Comments

• ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    I don't know why the game does this sometimes. I just go into unplayed households and delete any duplicates that are created.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    The clones don't seem to appear in the unplayed households bin though, which is strange.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    These Sims are not clones, they are in fact your original sim. Their clothing is usually vampire-like or dark themed. They walk around like this at night only. I noticed this when I first got the pack as well and made a thread about it too, SimGuruNinja told me that the Sims walking around like that are "vampire posers." lol I thought that was a cool detail. I'll link you to the thread, one sec.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2017
    Lol, oddly enough you actually commented on the thread as well :D but anyway, SimGuruNinja explains it 10 comments in. :)

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910634/my-premade-sims-spawning-in-clothes-from-vamp-gp#latest

edit: oh and btw, this does not affect the clothing you have set to your Sims in any way. It's only temporary, for the time you see them walking at night.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
    I guess that makes sense. Perhaps I accidentally added the same household twice and didn't notice? I started a new game and haven't seen any duplicates yet, though I have seen the Sims I've placed walking around in different clothing.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    If a Vampire is cloned, is their clone a fledgling Vampire?
    If a Vampire is cloned, is their clone a fledgling Vampire?

I'm not really sure, I don't have GtW xD I'm talking about duplicate Sims (who happen to be vampires) roaming Forgotten Hollow at night. But yeah, it seems they are just my Sims I've placed who happen to enjoy playing dressup? lol
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    The whole feature where existing Sims can appear in random clothing when they're 'non-active' started with the City Living release, as far as I know. Sometimes an existing (non-active) Sim will be wandering the city in random clothing. And during the festivals, there are all sorts of randomized outfits that are (hopefully) themed to the festival. (I assume they look at the tags on the clothing for color, style and so on when they dress them.)

The vampiric/goth clothing just seems to be an extension of that, far as I can tell.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
    Thanks @Ayradyss! It really is somewhat annoying ;P I suspect that the clone problem I had came with accidentally adding two of the same Sim lol