Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why We Need A Create A Style Tool

13...Next

Comments

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2017
    Ninoochat wrote: »
    CASt was a nightmare to me. The more packs installed, the worse it became to load patterns, so much that in the end I'd just select preset clothing/walls/etc. When playing in large decorated houses I always had to wait until the lot finally stopped being grey and everything loaded properly.

I do wish for a color wheel for hair and eyes or at least some more preset colors to choose from. I really hate the way hair is done in ts4. I don't want to download a thousand files to add colors to existing hair (creators quit/everyone has a different palette/it's never done in a way to allow it passed down with genetics/inconsistent quality compared to the game).

Don't blame hardware, I had more than enough to run ts3, don't blame cc, I had about 400mb of it all carefully selected. I mean just install the very last ts3 update, literally telling you "hey you should only play with 3 packs at the same time otherwise you'll lag" what no you sold these to me and now you're saying that? Ahah good one.

I did love ts3 for all its running time, but you guys need to stop looking at it through nostalgia glasses and start to admit the issues it had.

I never had - and still don't - any problems with CASt, it loads instantly. My lots load instantly. I am always creating new patterns for clothing and furniture and I keep a handle on them, if I'm not going to use them again then I delete them out. I have some favorites I use over and over for building siding and wall colors I leave on so it's never a problem.

No glasses here.

Everytime I try to play Sims 4, the lack of CASt is one of the things that turns me right off it almost immediately. (I loved Sims 2 and remember the frustration I used to have when I couldn't color the bedspread to match the curtains, or couldn't find a white door to match my white windows, it's the same in 4. I did not want to go backward).
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Ninoochat wrote: »
    CASt was a nightmare to me. The more packs installed, the worse it became to load patterns, so much that in the end I'd just select preset clothing/walls/etc. When playing in large decorated houses I always had to wait until the lot finally stopped being grey and everything loaded properly.

I do wish for a color wheel for hair and eyes or at least some more preset colors to choose from. I really hate the way hair is done in ts4. I don't want to download a thousand files to add colors to existing hair (creators quit/everyone has a different palette/it's never done in a way to allow it passed down with genetics/inconsistent quality compared to the game).

Don't blame hardware, I had more than enough to run ts3, don't blame cc, I had about 400mb of it all carefully selected. I mean just install the very last ts3 update, literally telling you "hey you should only play with 3 packs at the same time otherwise you'll lag" what no you sold these to me and now you're saying that? Ahah good one.

I did love ts3 for all its running time, but you guys need to stop looking at it through nostalgia glasses and start to admit the issues it had.
    Nostalgia glasses? I'm playing the game right now. Why don't people start to admit not everyone has the issues they had? And if your hardware wasn't the cause or CC, what was? Is my game under some kind of a magic spell? I didn't install the last Sims 3 update and guess what, I play with all EP's (11), all SP's (9), 7GB Store content and 111 MB mods. And there is not one little surface in my houses or sim clothing that didn't go through CASt (the game doesn't care whether it has to load premade patterns of selfmade ones anyway).

I sometimes feel like I also have one of those magic versions of TS3 :wink:

Of course there have been some issues in TS3 but what games don't have them? I remember issues in TS2 and even TS1 as well. All minor things and only occasionally would you find something problematic. TS3 is not a game I tended for low end machines as I have found out. As time has gone on more and more players have upgraded so it is now not uncommon to find players run everything on just a laptop.

The funny thing is they made TS4 to be able to run on 'all machines' but at the expense of less of what TS3 had. The sad thing is I see a few players talking about regular bugs every time a new patch is added so it makes me think was stalking everything down even worth it in the end?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I have everything they've made for this game, and I still can't play it any longer than a half hour. It's just so boring, to me. I can't stand how I can't color coordinate anything, and I get so annoyed when the colors they provide just don't match.
    I do have a lot of custom content made by community members, but still, I just don't get the same joy out of this game that I do The Sims 3 with the create a style. That had to be THE best thing Maxis ever created for any sims game. I hope they bring it back in the future. Whether that's in ts4 or some other new iteration. I've probably given up hope on it returning in this game, but I didn't think we would see toddlers and here they are, so I am not going to try to predict what they will do or not do any more. I will say that if they did add it to this game, it might make it more enjoyable. It would be nice.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    Umm how do these pictures show why we need the color wheel i mean tbh they just seem like random screenshots. Also your comparing two completely different games with different systems.Also try finding an example in the sims 4 where you would need the color cause there alot times it happens. But tbh i would like the color wheel but if breaks the game then keep it out
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    tammer400 wrote: »
    Umm how do these pictures show why we need the color wheel i mean tbh they just seem like random screenshots. Also your comparing two completely different games with different systems.Also try finding an example in the sims 4 where you would need the color cause there alot times it happens. But tbh i would like the color wheel but if breaks the game then keep it out

@tammer400 - How and why would a color wheel break the game? The screenshots were s'pose to show what could be done with a CASt tool versus the just standard options that you're given with the game.
  • GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    The create a style was so amazing, it was one of the features (others being the open world and story progression) i really admired about the sims 3 and it was one the features i used quite often. The creativity was almost endless, you had a color wheel that could make any part of any clothing/wall/floor/Furniture any color you wanted and there were even patterns you could add. I once grabbed a new toilet, applied like a dirt pattern and ended up making a rusty old toilet XD (looked really realistic too!).
    @windweaver I mean, when i owned the Sims 3, i had a pretty average PC, nothing too crazy (Today i have an extremely powerful pre-built gaming pc) and the game ran very smoothly, so i don't think it's "that" demanding unless you were trying to run it on a laptop.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited June 2019
    I wouldn't mind something a little more compact that allows me to change the colors of items, but not the textures. I couldn't stand how frequently CAS-T would crash my game in TS3, and I don't want to see that happening in TS4. A nice color wheel so we could adjust the colors on clothing and items would make me quite happy, though.

I don't personally want to see anything more than that.

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Gguy wrote: »
    @windweaver I mean, when i owned the Sims 3, i had a pretty average PC, nothing too crazy (Today i have an extremely powerful pre-built gaming pc) and the game ran very smoothly, so i don't think it's "that" demanding unless you were trying to run it on a laptop.

That's a really old post. I wrote that a couple years ago. Now I love this game and even though the colors don't match that well, I'm still having a good time

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
    edited June 2019
    Oh, i'm having fun as well, but that doesn't make these points any less true and it doesn't make the issues stop existing. We do still need a Create a Style and if not today or tomorrow, then some time in the next 10 years.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey friends, so this thread has been inactive for a pretty long time so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top