Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why We Need A Create A Style Tool

emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
edited February 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I think there's a petition already out for this and I remember signing it. But I thought it'd be good to discuss it here because I just realised how desperately I need it. Let's look at some of my sims in both TS3 and TS4. Please feel free to share your screenshots too.

I use CC and lighting mods in TS4 but none in TS3. However, I do still have some screenshots without any of this so I will post both. I don't like the lack of swatches because many of them are too vibrant midtones, not the colors I actually want to use. I find this to be more of an issue in CAS than build/buy mode, but I still hate the lack of it. Plus, some of the color swatches are horrifically matched.

I understand that it may make the game work less well on some lower-end machines, but it would increase customizability and uniquity of our sims.

TS4:
y3mivhll-fyIvyHFEhjJfy5-9fFQwDYNH1dp5hm1VoUdwCySFS8ZlOg5mLTtbWcxLEbGyeKbG8Z8Y8uI0NFwfJwhsW8QKbLNGY_R9Qu4fK_CNRVhIResoLlCWlq0aAsfnyQjwfKs6u0H1LO1nXTilFo4qM7fwMF8oXBcNe6C4_uMc0?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none
y3mSerTdmGnOuhRzHWpHXc1s8mqfDdra7yvIgrs7y0DGe3OhYo968NCXQ7oiVE0-CDun3DcEOxPk6udgz3Cwn0SevUZV_DVL1LdmlCdPA4w-9fIiGcpKOzzafS3n1Fn48h61LSz3X7K_VJ0-l2u72hg4V_JLtcIF6I6lmu04mjINRI?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none
y3mbl41fwHXOcDJSDfQoIwdlf5GmKc8aGFhrLNwK_TjSQLwb9DNms3SJz-j9hRP6zEPbzvXyv1K9ruBgI3WQo3BY6e4j0O2IITdnIOUK1SKriMaxfK9MXkz1aB4RqAb_q5F1ZC4Fz3nCUkrrx3ItVLWEYJ8jNSUuCV5hfsJ3_wcKVw?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

TS3:
y3mHhLA95oZffe0JAUp8XwVwY8rNRG1fAsScLhz6Z4Ur1AMMroGPgzsatKt9tymuF5FuCt5SnXkszxCfyasUPp11kftVzzf4XMuVrk4MwqMda7wOberb0clOmhcZguiI8VRpXME81VDLE0bYVVNmKY7crA6kY4-dT3ho_uKm0g9UCE?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none
y3mrSccc99xHg4sBWWsRQcNClAF4kGgoovMIPOOdjVLHf2-qoS2xV_ZiGVJIsPBcQBuvQ6jcM1iGXyChBS3swPnXcVG97ExhGhKvl6fvFo5eGqfNJCccRDz4trPATxyZ9WgK3eTBRotcmnMlNM0tLilfPCdg9_wlkjE4QKl4sUaHDE?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
Post edited by emmaning on

Comments

• Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    What am I looking at?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    ??
    You accidently posted the same picture twice by the way. And I don't think CASt will ever happen for Sims 4. Well, let's say, it would surprise me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    edited February 2017
    What am I looking at?

How the colors look better toned in TS3 because we have more swatches. I'm not sure if my post was good but that's my basic point that we need more swatches or create a style. Sorry I didn't explain it right. I tried to prove it in a different way to usual posts about this kind of 'why we need...' but let's just say I failed at it.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    ??
    You accidently posted the same picture twice by the way. And I don't think CASt will ever happen for Sims 4. Well, let's say, it would surprise me.

Thanks for telling me about the picture. I find that a sad reality :(
    feKqkxf.jpg

• MeepMorpMeepMorp Posts: 85 Member
    No idea about the pictures but personally I never liked the Create A Style from Sims 3. Swapping textures was mostly way too much of a hassle but I enjoyed the color wheel and I would be more than happy to have just that back! :smile:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't understand your OP in relation to CASt to be honest, because your examples show a gipsy wagon that is one of the few items you can't adjust in 3 and a tiny figure in rather dull 'colours' walking down the road. And I love the colours in your first Sims 4 picture, they're warm and vibrant.

That being said, I am a CASt addict. Love it and miss it in 4. Dressing sims and decorating a house is a bore for me because of it. And I absolutely love doing that in 3. Because it enables me to give all my sims their own style and taste.

Outfit3_zpsxqspqmp8.png
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited February 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don't understand your OP in relation to CASt to be honest, because your examples show a gipsy wagon that is one of the few items you can't adjust in 3 and a tiny figure in rather dull 'colours' walking down the road. And I love the colours in your first Sims 4 picture, they're warm and vibrant.

That being said, I am a CASt addict. Love it and miss it in 4. Dressing sims and decorating a house is a bore for me because of it. And I absolutely love doing that in 3. Because it enables me to give all my sims their own style and taste.

Outfit3_zpsxqspqmp8.png

I meant the sim lying on the ground who passed out there. But yes, I agree on the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon with the fortune teller. :)

(I don't have many screenshots so I had to pick this one, I prefer to play my stories than to take screenshots)

*casually adds decent screenshot*
    y3m3Ka6gdxAXElcO_aqgo-28qx9L0C_yg3hUH1DDC3vU-x_4W_jbhDu9DEz8xbEE-zhUYWjmITY5hCIE3CjgE3Sc_zvWmpw3eXSIYp1p9Zrhz-t-avbNiIGlPoc2ILYEt_wb70ZTkiZkJwqG7dITxCKxu3qMbiGqsSSGg8xuoTz7ts?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

I remember customizing both the sim and the slide in this one. I intended to add my less dull sims, but I have less screenshots of them... Ironically. I want to be able to make both the dull and the vibrant again so all our sims can have their own dress sense. Whether they need the townie fashion police or not. (I pretty much repeated your point there)
    feKqkxf.jpg

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'd be less hungry for TS4 CaSt if the team didn't waste their time on godawful swatches. Idk but most colors that aren't their pitifully few neutrals look...off.

And I like variety.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'd want a colourwheel. Was just building yesterday and really needed more colours. Everything looks kinda beige in Sims 4. It's not too much of a problem for mec ause I'm not a builder and rarely build but still, would be nice. If not CASt then at least colourwheel.
    About building, the lighting changes things a lot. Put in lots of lights and change the colour. We do have a colourwheel on that so I imagine it's doable for clothes, CAS and wallpaper/flooring aswell.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited March 2017
    I mean, they could atleast make some colors match. you gotta wonder if the designers even talk to each other when n o t h i n g matches lol
    Post edited by lejoninna on
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I definitely run into issues in CAS where certain color tones look better on my sim, but there's like 2-3 items that actually have the color tone I'm looking for.

Because a color wheel is probably not going to happen, I suggest making a thread in the ideas section where we call attention to particular shades that we feel are underrepresented using hex values, so they know exactly (for example, in hex codes, Red is FF0000). I was gonna make a thread like that at one point, but I never got around to it.

You can check exact hex values in Paint.NET, which is free. Just use print screen or take a screenshot of the color you're looking at, then use the color picker to highlight it and its hex value will show up.

Here's a quick visual showing it in Paint.NET:

PlX8KCH.png
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    Triplis wrote: »
    I definitely run into issues in CAS where certain color tones look better on my sim, but there's like 2-3 items that actually have the color tone I'm looking for.

Because a color wheel is probably not going to happen, I suggest making a thread in the ideas section where we call attention to particular shades that we feel are underrepresented using hex values, so they know exactly (for example, in hex codes, Red is FF0000). I was gonna make a thread like that at one point, but I never got around to it.

You can check exact hex values in Paint.NET, which is free. Just use print screen or take a screenshot of the color you're looking at, then use the color picker to highlight it and its hex value will show up.

Here's a quick visual showing it in Paint.NET:

PlX8KCH.png

Thanks for the idea :) I might make a thread about that.
    feKqkxf.jpg

InfraGreen wrote: »
    I'd be less hungry for TS4 CaSt if the team didn't waste their time on godawful swatches. Idk but most colors that aren't their pitifully few neutrals look...off.

And I like variety.

I'd be happy if the swatches just matched. I don't understand why I can't get wood tomes to match between windows and doors. Or colors on the furniture. The end up looking awful because the colors are just a tad off.
    lejoninna wrote: »
    I mean, they could atleast make some colors match. you gotta wonder if the designers even talk to each other when n o t h i n g matches lol

IKR? It's really annoying. Fine, just give us a base color pallette. But male sure they are compatible so you can match and contrast nicely.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I just want a tool that makes recolors really easy. I tried some with the CC tool that's available but it means doing the coloring itself in photoshop, and that ended up being so futsy that I gave up. :/ If I had a 64- or 128-color palette and an all-in-one tool that makes the color adding as easy as it is in Sims 3, I'd happily take it outside the game and back in, and be responsible on my own for overusing it. Right now I mostly get frustrated because I want *that* color wallpaper but *that other* color baseboards, and the like. Or more colors in some of the basegame things like cupboards.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I like CASt in TS3 and I actually taught myself to use it. I like having items of clothing and furniture and wall decorations being able to match :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • chestercookie189chestercookie189 Posts: 65 Member
    I think the Sims 4 team did a good job on the colour options we already have I think that if they did add create a style there should also be an option to disable it because the Sims 3 was such a big game and would crash a lot but I have Never had this problem with the Sims 4 because it is such "a light game" but I do think create a style would let people be more creative B)
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited February 2017
    I do miss CASt, but I'm afraid its implementation in TS4 would make the game unworkable for me, particularly given the amount of CC+packs I have. I can only play TS3 on my current PC with lower settings and fewer packs, which really makes the game not enjoyable for me.

I mean, maybe CASt would be okay since we don't have an open world. I'm not really sure. I think the open world was the bigger killer. Or maybe they could make CASt optional - so if you don't want it in your game you don't have to have it.

Yeah yeah, I need a better PC - I'm working on it.

Personally, I've adjusted pretty well to the lack of CASt, mostly through the use of CC because CC creators do a good job of adding more colour swatches or separating bed frames etc.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Sign me up :+1:
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    I think there's a petition already out for this and I remember signing it. But I thought it'd be good to discuss it here because I just realised how desperately I need it. Let's look at some of my sims in both TS3 and TS4. Please feel free to share your screenshots too.

I use CC and lighting mods in TS4 but none in TS3. However, I do still have some screenshots without any of this so I will post both. I don't like the lack of swatches because many of them are too vibrant midtones, not the colors I actually want to use. I find this to be more of an issue in CAS than build/buy mode, but I still hate the lack of it. Plus, some of the color swatches are horrifically matched.

I understand that it may make the game work less well on some lower-end machines, but it would increase customizability and uniquity of our sims.

TS4:
    y3mivhll-fyIvyHFEhjJfy5-9fFQwDYNH1dp5hm1VoUdwCySFS8ZlOg5mLTtbWcxLEbGyeKbG8Z8Y8uI0NFwfJwhsW8QKbLNGY_R9Qu4fK_CNRVhIResoLlCWlq0aAsfnyQjwfKs6u0H1LO1nXTilFo4qM7fwMF8oXBcNe6C4_uMc0?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none
    y3mSerTdmGnOuhRzHWpHXc1s8mqfDdra7yvIgrs7y0DGe3OhYo968NCXQ7oiVE0-CDun3DcEOxPk6udgz3Cwn0SevUZV_DVL1LdmlCdPA4w-9fIiGcpKOzzafS3n1Fn48h61LSz3X7K_VJ0-l2u72hg4V_JLtcIF6I6lmu04mjINRI?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none
    y3mbl41fwHXOcDJSDfQoIwdlf5GmKc8aGFhrLNwK_TjSQLwb9DNms3SJz-j9hRP6zEPbzvXyv1K9ruBgI3WQo3BY6e4j0O2IITdnIOUK1SKriMaxfK9MXkz1aB4RqAb_q5F1ZC4Fz3nCUkrrx3ItVLWEYJ8jNSUuCV5hfsJ3_wcKVw?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

TS3:
    y3mHhLA95oZffe0JAUp8XwVwY8rNRG1fAsScLhz6Z4Ur1AMMroGPgzsatKt9tymuF5FuCt5SnXkszxCfyasUPp11kftVzzf4XMuVrk4MwqMda7wOberb0clOmhcZguiI8VRpXME81VDLE0bYVVNmKY7crA6kY4-dT3ho_uKm0g9UCE?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none
    y3mrSccc99xHg4sBWWsRQcNClAF4kGgoovMIPOOdjVLHf2-qoS2xV_ZiGVJIsPBcQBuvQ6jcM1iGXyChBS3swPnXcVG97ExhGhKvl6fvFo5eGqfNJCccRDz4trPATxyZ9WgK3eTBRotcmnMlNM0tLilfPCdg9_wlkjE4QKl4sUaHDE?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    How can you compare all the games together when they are nothing alike? They are all using different software in all 3 its not the same in all 3.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Here are some cool things that you can do with CAst:CASt:

Note how the purple on the walls match the carpet and curtains. I deliberately make sure they do not match 100%. The bed clothes also have a similar but not direct matching colour

16903547_1890006241282059_2905473580141004410_o.jpg?oh=0e7a6bd1025bd1106fd7cdbb7dfb1e81&oe=59706FA2

Janie's dress. A gift from the store as it appears usually :smile:

16825819_1890006461282037_2097948760605803097_o.jpg?oh=e5ca983e49881d09eb842c61c80624c0&oe=593F7740

Edited with a pattern

16826189_1890006814615335_5414812891912485024_o.jpg?oh=63f69b813c2dacebd6e6e0097597883a&oe=59260481

Some use of CASt changing the colour of the base game Tshirt red and the dress I cannot remember if from base or an EP but it has been edited with a pattern :smile:

16836124_1890007317948618_452201492194767517_o.jpg?oh=19675f6019ca9377fa002cc4d4524feb&oe=592622AD

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    I have to admit that I miss CASt. However, I don't miss the load it would put on my gaming rig. I just couldn't help recoloring EVERYTHING.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I'm sort of torn about CASt making a return in Sims 4. I absolutely love it in Sims 3. I can spend hours decorating homes and designing my sim's clothing and I've downloaded more lots than I care to remember just for some of the patterns. Especially Sims Crossing. They were all so talented at pattern making. With Sims 4 I'm not so much into decorating and redecorating, and I select clothing from what's available and that I feel suits my sim's personalities and then I'm done. I find that I spend more time with my sims and less on their surroundings when I play Sims 4. Of course I wouldn't say no if it returned but I'm not missing it as much as I thought I would. :)
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I would love the use of a color wheel, and while I miss CASt, I can probably live without it.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I really don't use CASt much in TS3, but I use the color wheel a lot. I'd be happy with a color wheel in The Sims 4.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
    I really don't use CASt much in TS3, but I use the color wheel a lot. I'd be happy with a color wheel in The Sims 4.

The colour wheel is part of CASt :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top