Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Just figured people with Get Famous will want to know that if you play with the game's time slower or faster (mine is set to get the most time out of a Sim day) that it affects your fame meter quite a lot, at least until MCCC has an option to tweak fame gain rate/decay rate.

My sim loses record contracts and fame points in like one day with the time settings changed. And if you play on a faster time, fame gain will be suuuuuper slow.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • PrinceColdPrinceCold Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow

thanks for the help I'll look into that help thread and try to see if i can figure out what exactly what the cause is
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    MC Command Center Hotfix 5.2.5 is out!

This hotfix for MCCC includes the 3.7 Python script upgrade and changes to make it load correctly with EA's Get Famous update, PC 1.47.49.1020 / Mac 1.47.49.1220.

Included in this hotfix specifically are:
    • Fixed notifications MCCC uses to display setting change messages and such. It made it look like settings weren’t working, but they always were, just the notification about the change being made was causing an error.
    • Fixed an issue with the dialog for picking Sims which had an additional parameter added in this update so it caused an error when it was accessed by MCCC. The dialog was used in various places including picking a Sim for an NPC Sim to become pregnant with. Any command in MCCC that displayed a dialog for choosing a Sim would have gotten an error before this fix.
    • Fixed the "Change Personality Traits" dialog to no longer cause an error.
    • Fixed the "Set Favorite Drink" dialog to no longer cause an error.
    • Fixed the notification message displayed when Sims are adopted to no longer cause an error.
    • Fixed an issue displaying the Manual Renaming dialog for Adoptions and NPC babies.
    • Implemented fixes to the pregnancy tracking system so "Pause Playable Sim Pregnancies", "Manual Renaming of NPC babies" will now work. I think EA's new implementation for pregnancy will also allow pet pregnancies to work correctly.
    • ScarletQueenKat figured out a work-around for the aging issue introduced by some new code in the Sims 4 Get Famous update. EA will still have to fix the underlying issue, but the change she found bypasses the problem until they do. I've implemented the same fix into MCCC in this release. All credit for figuring it out goes to Scarlet!
    • Fixed a problem where Restaurant points were no longer available in MC Cheats for increasing points. EA changed an ID for Restaurant points in their framework so MC Cheats had to be updated to use the new ID.

Known issues with MCCC and the current version of Sims 4 after the update:
    • EA has changed the way that story progressions are handled. It's possible that culling may fall-through the bypasses that MCCC had in-place previously.
    • The functionality used previously to handle pregnancies for NPC's that were not on the lot is no longer handled the same way. As a result, the tie-in I used to this functionality to handle "Pause Playable Sim Pregnancies", "Manual Renaming of NPC babies" and Pet pregnancy progression will not work. These have to be reworked to work with the new way EA is handling pregnancies.
    To my knowledge, this is all of the known MCCC issues at this point. If more show-up on Discord, then another hotfix may come out later.

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-5-2-5-22792791 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

An installation guide can be found here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/installation

If you're experiencing problems with the installation, look into the troubleshooting guide:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting

Find the FAQ and the answers to fix your MCCC related issues here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

[*] EA has changed the way that story progressions are handled. It's possible that culling may fall-through the bypasses that MCCC had in-place previously.

I've seen this on the notes for all the hotfixes so far. I know deaderpool will be looking into it, but has anyone noticed if bypassing culling using MCCC is still working or not?
    I'd really appreciate feedback on this; zero relationship decay/culling is vital to how I play and currently this is the only issue preventing me from updating my game.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I've seen this on the notes for all the hotfixes so far. I know deaderpool will be looking into it, but has anyone noticed if bypassing culling using MCCC is still working or not?
    I'd really appreciate feedback on this; zero relationship decay/culling is vital to how I play and currently this is the only issue preventing me from updating my game.

I have set the values
    MCCC > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Friendship Decay Percentage = 0
    MCCC > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Romantic Decay Percentage = 0
    MCCC > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Relationship Culling = "Bypass Releationship Culling"

I play now with 1.47.49 and the EP and it seems to work flawless. No change in relationship values. At least not in my game.
    Bonxie wrote: »

I have set the values
    MCCC > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Friendship Decay Percentage = 0
    MCCC > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Romantic Decay Percentage = 0
    MCCC > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Relationship Culling = "Bypass Releationship Culling"

I play now with 1.47.49 and the EP and it seems to work flawless. No change in relationship values. At least not in my game.

Thank you so much :)

It's the main reason I use MCCC; as a rotational player, I don't want to find sim couples have split up or friendships have fallen apart while I've been playing a different household.
    Do we know yet if MCCC is affected by today's patch?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member

Hello @BabySquare
    Deaderpool posted this on his site
    Today's hotfix by EA should not require a hotfix from MCCC. They are fixing things. It won't break things already there. The change made in MCCC for aging will be reverted now that they fixed the underlying issue for release 6.0.0, but I'm not going to do a hotfix for that.
    As always, Last Exceptions gotten after today's update would be coming from other mods/cc or core game code as MCCC logs its errors to the mc_cmd_center.log file. There are details about Last Exceptions on my Troubleshooting documentation on my website in the Help menu.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @BabySquare
    Deaderpool posted this on his site
    Today's hotfix by EA should not require a hotfix from MCCC. They are fixing things. It won't break things already there. The change made in MCCC for aging will be reverted now that they fixed the underlying issue for release 6.0.0, but I'm not going to do a hotfix for that.
    As always, Last Exceptions gotten after today's update would be coming from other mods/cc or core game code as MCCC logs its errors to the mc_cmd_center.log file. There are details about Last Exceptions on my Troubleshooting documentation on my website in the Help menu.

Thank you :)
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Ok, I cannot find the Pause Pregnancies options, and the latest hotfix notes state:
    "Implemented fixes to the pregnancy tracking system so “Pause Playable Sim Pregnancies”, “Manual Renaming of NPC babies” will now work. I think EA’s new implementation for pregnancy will also allow pet pregnancies to work correctly."
    But I cannot find the settings, and I need this for my rotational play. I have a sim that's pregnant and in her second trimester, and I don't want to play this save without pausing her pregnancy until I am ready for her to have her baby.
    Ok, I cannot find the Pause Pregnancies options, and the latest hotfix notes state:
    "Implemented fixes to the pregnancy tracking system so “Pause Playable Sim Pregnancies”, “Manual Renaming of NPC babies” will now work. I think EA’s new implementation for pregnancy will also allow pet pregnancies to work correctly."
    But I cannot find the settings, and I need this for my rotational play. I have a sim that's pregnant and in her second trimester, and I don't want to play this save without pausing her pregnancy until I am ready for her to have her baby.

Hello @orangeplumbob
    This is what Deaderpool has written on the website in the information about Pregnancies
    If this is enabled, when an inactive played household has a Sim go into labor, a dialog will notify the player allowing opportunity to switch to the other household to deliver the baby. MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Pregnancy > Pause on Playable Labor
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @orangeplumbob
    This is what Deaderpool has written on the website in the information about Pregnancies
    If this is enabled, when an inactive played household has a Sim go into labor, a dialog will notify the player allowing opportunity to switch to the other household to deliver the baby. MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Pregnancy > Pause on Playable Labor

That's different than the setting "Pause Playable Sim Pregnancies." Pausing pregnancies is different than pausing the game because of labor. I don't want my sims to go into labor until I am ready for her to. Pre-patch there was this option in MCC. I used it before.

I contacted Deaderpool regarding this. Waiting for an answer. I guess, he meant "Pause on playable Labor", but that's only my interpretation.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited November 2018
    I want to fix Carly's age meter but the option (whatever it was) isn't available..
    6adMCGP.gif

Got the answer:
    Bonxie wrote:
    That's a quotation from the 5.2.5 patch notes:
    Implemented fixes to the pregnancy tracking system so "Pause Playable Sim Pregnancies", "Manual Renaming of NPC babies" will now work. I think EA's new implementation for pregnancy will also allow pet pregnancies to work correctly.

"Pause Playable Sim Pregnancies" - Is this a new option in MC Pregnancy? Is it only available on a pregnant sim?
    Or is it the same as MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Pregnancy > Pause on Playable Labor, only in other words?
    I can't find anything in game in the menus.
    Deaderpool wrote:
    It's the setting you mentioned, "Pause on Playable Labor" in other words.
  • AndieC25AndieC25 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello everyone. I've keeping up with all of the recent updates and hotfixes following the latest patch and there's something that's been bothering me ever since I update my MCCC. I've been reading this thread but I can't really find any reference to that issue in particular.
    I am using version 5.2.5 btw.

So my problem is ... I cannot find the "Relationships" menu anywhere. You know the one that would give you the option to add/remove family ties, change friendship and/or romance levels, etc. I have used it a couple of times with previous versions but now it's just not there.
    Was this option removed or something? Am I doing something wrong?
    I would appreciate some insight on this.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited November 2018
    AndieC25 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I've keeping up with all of the recent updates and hotfixes following the latest patch and there's something that's been bothering me ever since I update my MCCC. I've been reading this thread but I can't really find any reference to that issue in particular.

So my problem is ... I cannot find the "Relationships" menu anywhere. You know the one that would give you the option to add/remove family ties, change friendship and/or romance levels, etc. I have used it a couple of times with previous versions but now it's just not there.

It is there, I've used it twice so far. Click on your active Sim, select MCCC and from there you should see Relationships. I believe it is near or on the bottom of choices. Hope this helps you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Sim:MCCC > Relationships > Add Relationship and the following menu items.
  • AndieC25AndieC25 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > AndieC25 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello everyone. I've keeping up with all of the recent updates and hotfixes following the latest patch and there's something that's been bothering me ever since I update my MCCC. I've been reading this thread but I can't really find any reference to that issue in particular.
    > I am using version 5.2.5 btw.
    >
    > So my problem is ... I cannot find the "Relationships" menu anywhere. You know the one that would give you the option to add/remove family ties, change friendship and/or romance levels, etc. I have used it a couple of times with previous versions but now it's just not there.
    > Was this option removed or something? Am I doing something wrong?
    > I would appreciate some insight on this.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sim:MCCC > Relationships > Add Relationship and the following menu items.

Yeah, I figured it should be there but that's not working for me. I get every other option in the MCCC menu except for the Relationships one.
    Tried with a couple of households and different sims but the option is just not there.

Options showing are the following:
    - Modify Household in CAS / MC CAS / MC Cheats / MC Dresser / MC Pregnancy / MC Tuner / Sim Flags ... / Sim Commands ...
    And there it stops. No Relationships option at all.
    Tried to link a few screenshots but apparently I'm not allowed to yet.
    edited November 2018
    > @Bonxie said:
    > AndieC25 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello everyone. I've keeping up with all of the recent updates and hotfixes following the latest patch and there's something that's been bothering me ever since I update my MCCC. I've been reading this thread but I can't really find any reference to that issue in particular.
    > I am using version 5.2.5 btw.
    >
    > So my problem is ... I cannot find the "Relationships" menu anywhere. You know the one that would give you the option to add/remove family ties, change friendship and/or romance levels, etc. I have used it a couple of times with previous versions but now it's just not there.
    > Was this option removed or something? Am I doing something wrong?
    > I would appreciate some insight on this.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sim:MCCC > Relationships > Add Relationship and the following menu items.

Yeah, I figured it should be there but that's not working for me. I get every other option in the MCCC menu except for the Relationships one.
    Tried with a couple of households and different sims but the option is just not there.

Options showing are the following:
    - Modify Household in CAS / MC CAS / MC Cheats / MC Dresser / MC Pregnancy / MC Tuner / Sim Flags ... / Sim Commands ...
    And there it stops. No Relationships option at all.
    Tried to link a few screenshots but apparently I'm not allowed to yet.

Hello @AndieC25
    Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here.Simmers here can then post the pictures for you
    You will need though to replace the http in the address of the images with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top