The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,461 Member
    @PastelMermaid Here's a pic of what I was talking about in my PM:

DgqZADl.png
    @PastelMermaid here's a pic of what I was talking about. Sorry it's not that clear but hopefully you'll be able to see what's what:

5q1SSxD.png
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm fully aware that this has probably been answered or noted to seen as this thread is 63 pages long. But rather than sifting through the entire thread I thought I might just post this and anyone who knows can point me in the right direction?

I have never used MCCC before but I have seen a few simmer I watch have it in their lets plays... giving their sims their own lives etc and making it all round slightly more interesting story wise and introducing characters you might not normally see.

I have downloaded the newest version from the website link but I was wondering on how I go about installing stuff so it works in game, do I just drag it to the mods folder like any normal CC? Or is there something else I need to do first? It's currently sat in my downloads (I have a MacBook) and I haven't touched it since hoping that I would find some help so that I do it right the first time round

Thanks ^^

You need to unzip the zipped folder and then put the files (package, script, cfg) in your Mods folder. I'd suggest putting them all in their own folder within the Mods folder to keep it tidy as there are so many modules. You don't have to have all the modules, but you do need the MC Command Center module. This is a fantastic mod, but it's definitely not a plonk it in play mod - you need to do some homework to make sure you have the settings as you want or the mod will change your town quite dramatically.

this takes me back. when i first decied to try mc i didn't know about zip files. so it took me 48 hours then out of pure frustration i unzipped the folder . which was good and bad timing. i saw what i needed to see but the next day i had to try and figure out what i did because there was a new update. :)
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,690 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm fully aware that this has probably been answered or noted to seen as this thread is 63 pages long. But rather than sifting through the entire thread I thought I might just post this and anyone who knows can point me in the right direction?

I have never used MCCC before but I have seen a few simmer I watch have it in their lets plays... giving their sims their own lives etc and making it all round slightly more interesting story wise and introducing characters you might not normally see.

I have downloaded the newest version from the website link but I was wondering on how I go about installing stuff so it works in game, do I just drag it to the mods folder like any normal CC? Or is there something else I need to do first? It's currently sat in my downloads (I have a MacBook) and I haven't touched it since hoping that I would find some help so that I do it right the first time round

Thanks ^^

Have a look at this Youtube MCCC installation tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9LoKtrhfaU&feature=youtu.be

There is no difference in installing MCCC on MacOS or Windows.

Ultra short installation guide:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    3. Place the *.ts4script and *.package files in your Mods folder (13 files for MCCC and 2 files for MC Woohoo = 15 files total)
    For better organization you might create a MCCC sub directory in your Mods folder and move the said files in there.

Many thanks to @loubyloulou for her explanation :heart:
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 4,900 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the MCCC mod, and I only have 2 other small mods and no cc.

I downloaded the newest version of the MCCC mod, and it's all in my mods folder for TS4, but when I click on the mailbox, computer or selected Sim, the MC option doesn't show up. The main thing I want to do is delete dogs (and not have the game generate dogs at all --- even in the vet clinic, because I'm terrified of dogs.

Other parts of the mod sound so cool, as well B)!

How to I access the mod choices in-game?
    4kkjdXo.png

• PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could have some help as well. I installed MCCC and I'm not sure I completely like it - I'm playing on a new laptop and I think the mod is making my game glitch (my notifications in my notification wall is disappearing too fast, it's taking a while for my Sims to stop doing things when I cancel the action, my Sim is kinda jumping around...)

I want to take the mod out, but I was wondering if there's a way to just pick and choose what parts of the mod I want, and delete files I don't, to see if it helps my game? (Basically I just want to have some story progression without needing all the different parts of the mod, if that makes sense.) Also, can I use Risky Woohoo without the rest of MCCC installed, or no? I tried Googling the answer, but nothing came up. I really want to use that for my Legacies, if so.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the MCCC mod, and I only have 2 other small mods and no cc.

I downloaded the newest version of the MCCC mod, and it's all in my mods folder for TS4, but when I click on the mailbox, computer or selected Sim, the MC option doesn't show up. The main thing I want to do is delete dogs (and not have the game generate dogs at all --- even in the vet clinic, because I'm terrified of dogs.

Other parts of the mod sound so cool, as well B)!

How to I access the mod choices in-game?

Have you unzipped the folder?

Have you checked the 'enable script mods' box in the game's settings?
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could have some help as well. I installed MCCC and I'm not sure I completely like it - I'm playing on a new laptop and I think the mod is making my game glitch (my notifications in my notification wall is disappearing too fast, it's taking a while for my Sims to stop doing things when I cancel the action, my Sim is kinda jumping around...)

I want to take the mod out, but I was wondering if there's a way to just pick and choose what parts of the mod I want, and delete files I don't, to see if it helps my game? (Basically I just want to have some story progression without needing all the different parts of the mod, if that makes sense.) Also, can I use Risky Woohoo without the rest of MCCC installed, or no? I tried Googling the answer, but nothing came up. I really want to use that for my Legacies, if so.

You can pick and choose which modules you want but you do need the main module - MC Command Center - for the mod to work. I'd suggest you take a look at what each module does here: http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#Top

Then you can pick and choose what suits you. For story progression, you'll mainly need the Population and Pregnancy modules. You can't use the woohoo mod on its own - you need the main MC Command Center module for that too.

• PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member

You can pick and choose which modules you want but you do need the main module - MC Command Center - for the mod to work. I'd suggest you take a look at what each module does here: http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#Top

Then you can pick and choose what suits you. For story progression, you'll mainly need the Population and Pregnancy modules. You can't use the woohoo mod on its own - you need the main MC Command Center module for that too.

I was going to message you this yesterday when I was having a read as per our inbox but seen as it's been mentioned on here - for story progression and like the "townies" having families and getting married etc.. what do I need?

I did have a read but some of it sounds way too "extra"
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

I was going to message you this yesterday when I was having a read as per our inbox but seen as it's been mentioned on here - for story progression and like the "townies" having families and getting married etc.. what do I need?

I did have a read but some of it sounds way too "extra"

If you want townies to get married and have kids, you need the Pregnancy module.

@loubyloulou --- Yes, I've done both, and the mod options still aren't showing up in-game.

What else could be causing the problem?
    4kkjdXo.png

@loubyloulou --- Yes, I've done both, and the mod options still aren't showing up in-game.

What else could be causing the problem?

Not sure... Have a look in the Help section of Deaderpool's Tumbler - there's a troubleshooting section and also an installation page. Hopefully you'll find the solution there:

http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#Top

There are also a few YouTube vids on how to install it. This is the most recent one I could find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9LoKtrhfaU
    Thank you very much @loubyloulou! I will try your suggestions.
    4kkjdXo.png

edited May 2018
    Regarding today's Sims 4 patch (PC 1.43.14.1020 / Mac 1.43.14.1220)
    there seems to be no issues with the current MCCC Version 4.3.1

There have been no errors posted after that EA update. It looks like mostly bug fixes so everything is working as expected.

Please make sure, you use the latest MCCC Version 4.3.1.
    The older versions will certainly not work with the new patch.

Download the latest MCCC from:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

Join our Discord MCCC community for
    • live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users
    • live chat with some well-known Mod creators
    • live support from the legendary MCCC support team!
    • live support even from MCCC creator Deaderpool
    https://discord.gg/6FZKXKr (Discord App use optional, but not required!)

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    edited May 2018
    Thank you very much @loubyloulou! I will try your suggestions.

Everything alright? Or do you still need some assistance?
    edited May 2018
    deleted post --- sorry.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited May 2018
    I just checked everything that's been suggested so far @Bonxie and @loubyloulou. The MCCC mod still isn't working for me.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• haydenhart0912haydenhart0912 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys! Made a forum account just so I could ask this: Anyone know with the recent patch if there are any issues with the current version of MCCC (4.3.1), and the patch that came out today (Thursday, May 24, 2018)?

I would like to play my current family but didn't know if playing it with an out dated version will jeopardize my save at all.

Thanks guys! :)

-HaydenHart0912
    Hi @haydenhart0912. Welcome to the forum :)!
    Here's a quote from @Bonxie from earlier today.
    Regarding today's Sims 4 patch (PC 1.43.14.1020 / Mac 1.43.14.1220)
    there seems to be no issues with the current MCCC Version 4.3.1

There have been no errors posted after that EA update. It looks like mostly bug fixes so everything is working as expected.

Please make sure, you use the latest MCCC Version 4.3.1.
    The older versions will certainly not work with the new patch.

Download the latest MCCC from:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

Join our Discord MCCC community for

live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users
    live chat with some well-known Mod creators
    live support from the legendary MCCC support team!
    live support even from MCCC creator Deaderpool

https://discord.gg/6FZKXKr (Discord App use optional, but not required!)

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    4kkjdXo.png

I've been thinking about the MCCC, and I don't think I want some of the features, so, because of that, I'm not going to use the mod. I know this is a great mod for so many people, but everyone needs to do what is right for the way they play the game.

Thanks again for all your help @Bonxie and @loubyloulou :)! I really appreciate it :)!

Coolsim
    4kkjdXo.png

• PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    @loubyloulou thank you so much for your help! I took out the modules I didn't need and I think it helped my computer a lot.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
    I've been thinking about the MCCC, and I don't think I want some of the features, so, because of that, I'm not going to use the mod. I know this is a great mod for so many people, but everyone needs to do what is right for the way they play the game.

Thanks again for all your help @Bonxie and @loubyloulou :)! I really appreciate it :)!

Coolsim

No worries, have fun!
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    So I have an issue with my MCCC. I started playing rotational with bypass marriage on played households enabled, so that my single played sims won't be married off. However, they DO get married off and I wouldn't know why. I've checked the settings twice and should be good.

Anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea as to how to fix it?
    Could it be that my MC woohoo module not being the same version as the basic MC command center might cause the issue? I figured that would be unlikely.
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
    So I have an issue with my MCCC. I started playing rotational with bypass marriage on played households enabled, so that my single played sims won't be married off. However, they DO get married off and I wouldn't know why. I've checked the settings twice and should be good.

Anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea as to how to fix it?
    Could it be that my MC woohoo module not being the same version as the basic MC command center might cause the issue? I figured that would be unlikely.

I would say that you absolutely need to have the latest versions of both mods or they could well conflict with one another. Having said that, I don't know how they might conflict (but then again, I know nothing about coding...) In 'MC Pregnancy' > 'Marriage Sim Selection', You have 'Bypass Played Households' set to 'Enabled'?
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    @loubyloulou I'll make sure to download the latest version of MC command center to go with the newest woohoo module. And yes I do have the bypass setting enabled. At first I thought I may just have read it wrong but seems I didn't get the setting wrong so it must be something else.

I'll look into updating the mod soon and seeing if that fixes the issue.. Thanks for your reply either way :smile:
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top