Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    @Bonxie Thanks! So if I understand correctly, the only way for me to make sure all my played households will stay the same while my unplayed households do change is to go through them and individually flag the sims in my played households?

Yes - exactly. If you flag a sim for example 'no offspring' and 'never marry', this won't happen as long as these flags are set for this particular sim. Of course you can manually marry them during active gameplay. The flags prevent the autonomous actions.

Thank is so good to know. Thanks. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    joyfulsimfuljoyfulsimful Posts: 44 Member
    @Bonxie thanks so much for your help! (:
    1FQLBku.png
    Origin ID: JoyfulSimful
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    @Bonxie thanks so much for your help! (:

You're very welcome!

Join our Discord MCCC community for
    • live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users
    • live chat even with MCCC creator @Deaderpool
    • live support from the legendary MC support team!
    https://discord.gg/Fjq8QUj (Discord App use optional, but not mandatory)

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    I Entered (15) for my child sim to add vacation days but it still says 3 on the career tab. Is it supposed to do this or is there a bug?

That was a tricky question. I never used this option before, so when I checked it out (increasing the number of vacation days), it looked really like the issue you have. :)

So I tried to set the value to 15 in:
    SIM:MC Command Center > MC Cheats > Career Cheats... > Change Vacation Days
    y4mFbNyc0u3_0LZboeDU8QcY0mMxHsJjzNLrf44f-9WWxJkAsv6IKwZyYCfb09rwg8SJWdlCbKWJFkyxLjGxZ-UhJimX3V_NVhkhYr7DghXwZpOYBfTeHhTI8CALlrfUTNH9l7mVu_KeJ4Nil94uGJcRTcp-1zZGYuew4rDrSRj1BZ9crw2mlRM9NTlqfFubBuwWjxQMUSQ4Cdg0smLyDXJGg?width=367&height=241&cropmode=none

After clicking OK I checked the number of vacation days in the career menu: it still showed 3! Just the way you mentioned it.
    y4mCKfH2j3PA3h0XT9bBKzbY8VS7CkTvS4pMkTLMOiTbnRxjY5FxNPwLmyRj6F2x0tjLZtsyhDgEm6iKAVJQe2CpQm9vnplaQHgulA1hPWGqR5s4TQgnPDD152vKknJfHnlzQ2Uw4xB1nwr5HYAfxnQsfxLkNohcr3anLufXW1OVoOQQkl1CZt2D8Ozi8r3MeudvgV8bjrlN_fH8HbU_oIZZg?width=241&height=103&cropmode=none

But then I exit/saved the lot to 'Manage Worlds' and loaded it again. Now it shows the right number:
    y4m80Xu7hEkh9mb0zshqhrVrEJbKYVNSJ4yoliukuZ8QFi2snWHdufxoI35dOVXk8ER1Q7LJ2pZ7Wuzl76Eyo0dm5SCyslqBJsjjUOBkM_OKY_I_FtWCbo-FEld8o5o5-OqIUUu-llxNQ-zIPUS6-x82JIZkDM3CnOkpzZEjLH9C4_6Q2Ej6PQL3EBDESpOVAn5n55wkmYoc6gHqdO7uqY71A?width=242&height=105&cropmode=none

So that's the trick: Reload the lot.

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #VacationDays

Okay, thanks :)
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Hi guys. Thought I'd post this here as I'd never heard of anyone having this happen before. Just so you know I did not nor have I ever used the "Unhide Hidden Households" so if you think this is a result of that it's not. I really have no idea how it happened. I was just glancing through the new marriage notifications when I saw this. I went into manage worlds and then took them into CAS. He had no name. I freaked out and did some research afraid that this would break my game but it appears that people cheat to add Grim to their households with no problems and that the game will just generate a new one. I decided to leave them married and see what happens with them.

2017-10-07-23_56_05-the-simse284a2-4.jpg

2017-10-08-00_04_39-the-simse284a2-4.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, Grimmie sure gets around. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Wow, Grimmie sure gets around. :open_mouth:

Just casually reaping souls and then you fall in love.

(peppy music) The life of Grim! :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Aww, that's so sweet! :D
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Hi guys. Thought I'd post this here as I'd never heard of anyone having this happen before. Just so you know I did not nor have I ever used the "Unhide Hidden Households" so if you think this is a result of that it's not. I really have no idea how it happened. I was just glancing through the new marriage notifications when I saw this. I went into manage worlds and then took them into CAS. He had no name. I freaked out and did some research afraid that this would break my game but it appears that people cheat to add Grim to their households with no problems and that the game will just generate a new one. I decided to leave them married and see what happens with them.

2017-10-07-23_56_05-the-simse284a2-4.jpg

2017-10-08-00_04_39-the-simse284a2-4.jpg

Wow, weird but at the same time kinda cool. Using unhide hidden households would not be the reason this happened, I use it all of the time so I can delete the ghost sims I don't want in my game. Grimmy is just one of the few Sims that don't become "unhidden" when you unhide hidden households.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Rainydayz179
    It would have given you a surprise when you saw that had occurred!

It was a surprise! Now that I've had a death in the family and know for certain that a new Grim was generated I wish the couple the best and hope for notifications of babies in the future! The funny part is I know this girl that he married. She was a teen with the kids in my family and I thought at one point one of them might marry her. It seems she has more selective tastes. ;)<3>:)
    Wow, weird but at the same time kinda cool. Using unhide hidden households would not be the reason this happened, I use it all of the time so I can delete the ghost sims I don't want in my game. Grimmy is just one of the few Sims that don't become "unhidden" when you unhide hidden households.

Oh, I didn't know that he couldn't be unhidden that way. I just figured I should mention it in case someone asks. Like I said I've never done it before. I am interested though how you use it to delete ghost sims? I don't really know anything about that feature so I've never messed with it out of fear I'd do something I shouldn't have and corrupt a save or something. :D
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Rainydayz179
    It would have given you a surprise when you saw that had occurred!

It was a surprise! Now that I've had a death in the family and know for certain that a new Grim was generated I wish the couple the best and hope for notifications of babies in the future! The funny part is I know this girl that he married. She was a teen with the kids in my family and I thought at one point one of them might marry her. It seems she has more selective tastes. ;)<3>:)

Oh, I didn't know that he couldn't be unhidden that way. I just figured I should mention it in case someone asks. Like I said I've never done it before. I am interested though how you use it to delete ghost sims? I don't really know anything about that feature so I've never messed with it out of fear I'd do something I shouldn't have and corrupt a save or something. :D

Sims that die in your game while you are not playing them will become hidden and hard to delete since you don't have an urn/tombstone to release them into the netherworld, they build up and count as sims in your total population. When you click on the mailbox to unhide them they will show up in your manage worlds list, you can just delete them like you would any sim on that list, of course by deleting them you will lose any and all relationships with them. I have my MCCC set to delete ghosts from my game as I am not really bothered about the family tree and like I said I don't want ghosts adding to my total population.
    With that being said, I actually have 4 sims that I created to be ghosts on purpose (I flagged them to never be culled) because I have a nightclub in Winderburg called the Crypt, which I made to look like a cemetery with a small crypt in one corner of it, that is the entrance to the club which is all underground. Anyway, I have the Addams family (Gomez, Morticia, Uncle Fester and Wednesday Addams) tombstones there, so now when any of my sims go to the nightclub the Addams family ghosts show up and party with the rest of us. :o it's quite fun

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    With that being said, I actually have 4 sims that I created to be ghosts on purpose (I flagged them to never be culled) because I have a nightclub in Winderburg called the Crypt, which I made to look like a cemetery with a small crypt in one corner of it, that is the entrance to the club which is all underground. Anyway, I have the Addams family (Gomez, Morticia, Uncle Fester and Wednesday Addams) tombstones there, so now when any of my sims go to the nightclub the Addams family ghosts show up and party with the rest of us. :o it's quite fun

That sounds pretty cool! I'd never thought of creating ghosts to go to the nightclub. What I've been doing is deleting the ghosts through sim commands on their relationship panels. Most of the time I catch them before they die because I have all the elders moving into a household together and routinely delete those households in saves that I don't care about the family tree.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Repost from Tumblr:

Sims 4, Mods/CC, & Our Support Efforts

I’m disappointed to have found out someone doing YT streams said they got “bad support” during a visit to MCCC’s Support Discord.
    For help with lastExceptions, which at least 95% of the time have nothing to do with MCCC, but are almost always either mod, cc, or even EA related, we consistently give players the same (50/50) advice as is outlined by Deaderpool here: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/troubleshooting

I guess the Real issue is probably that the only way to turn off the orange error messages is to go through all your /Mods folder and either update, verify, or delete (now bad) mods and cc files.

Or, you can choose not to install MC Command Center. You’ll still GET plenty of errors if you don’t weed out your stuff, you just won’t know it, unless your game locks up, until you actually look for those text files in /Sims 4.

It amuses me that people have plenty of time to FIND mods and cc, but they don’t also TAKE time to read the directions/descriptions, or to check either file dates/versions or comments, before installing a possibly-already-broken file. And that when they later have problems, and come to us for help, if we tell them, “go thru your files,” they say they don’t have time to 50/50 so many. That is not OUR fault. The “fix it” process is the same, whether you have 2 files in /Mods, or 20,000.

EA changes something every time they patch, and every patch is a new chance for them to destroy your favorite piece of cc or mod. That’s just how it is.

If you aren’t willing to do the ongoing upkeep on your mods and cc, and take the initiative to check for updates following any EA patch, you should not use them. Although playing vanilla is also not guaranteed to be exception-free. EA has broken several of their own things, recently.

We on the Support Team are all volunteers, and the only scripting expert on the server I’m aware of is Deaderpool. The rest of us are being nice enough to offer our time to help with various other not-MCCC errors in the #general_support channel. https://discord.gg/BSmzBdQ

Sometimes we get lucky, and a mod or cc file is listed by name in an error message. Sometimes we’ve seen the same error before, and just know what causes it. Mostly, it’s a little more guesswork, trial and error, and requires the player to do some testing. How is our not being able to wave a magic wand and instantly fix YOUR issues “bad support”??

Don’t disrespect my Team. Not on the server, and not anywhere else.

We really don’t mind to help anybody who can be decent to us, it’s people who are disrespectful or downright hateful to us, or who trash us elsewhere, that I have a problem with. If you’re willing to accept our advice and suggestions, stop by anytime. If you aren’t… don’t. It’s that simple.

I’d like to wish all players Good Luck with the pets patch. I have a feeling we’ll ALL have a lot of broken things to deal with when that comes out. If you don’t know how to maintain your files, I’d start Googling now for more info on that.

Knowledge is power.
  • Options
    I rid myself of just about all cc. I just have the MCCC mod, some pointy ears and a dress that's more of a recoloring of one in the game. However, should those prove to be problematic, I'll delete them, no problem.

I'm sorry you've had the unfortunate incident where some who were unhappy, decided to trash the Support Team. I think all of you are fabulous and quite helpful.
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I'm the opposite of @GalacticGal - I have masses of cc, probably running into the several hundreds. I only get it from a few selected sites, however, so it takes me comparitively little time to check for updates, which I do on a regular basis when playing Sims 4.

My absolute must-have mod, however, is by far and away MCCC; quite simply, I wouldn't play the game without it. I've used it for long enough to unequivocally state that it would be the very last piece of software that would cause any errors or issues in the game; I believe in the author's integrity and expertise enough to know that, by and of itself, it doesn't get left with errors for release.

I'm also sorry you've had these 'people' who have decided that you're the easy targets; it's always easier to blame someone or something else than your own shortcomings. Unfortunately, too many people deploy this tactic to ease their own consciences.

You do a great job for a truly fine artiste; I admire and respect your dedication. Long may it continue.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    Did MC Command Center remove the option to Kill Sim? I don't see that option in the new version. If so, why? I loved using that. It was the only thing that actually gave me control over my sims' life spans. Even making it possible to have vampires "die of old age."
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Is there a way for mccc to stop making townie sims friends with my sims? The townies always show up in the relationship panel even though there has been no interaction between them.
  • Options
    HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    > @HenriettaStrife said:
    > Did MC Command Center remove the option to Kill Sim? I don't see that option in the new version. If so, why? I loved using that. It was the only thing that actually gave me control over my sims' life spans. Even making it possible to have vampires "die of old age."

Forget my post. I was just being a slow, dim-witted idiot as usual. I figured out the "issue."
  • Options
    kassibluekassiblue Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello everyone! I have googled this quite a few times and asked on a few youtube videos with no response. With MC Command Center is there a way to just click on a singular need to make it 100%?
  • Options
    kassiblue wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I have googled this quite a few times and asked on a few youtube videos with no response. With MC Command Center is there a way to just click on a singular need to make it 100%?

Sorry no, MCCC has no way of doing this, if you are ok with having other mods in your game here is a mod that does what you are looking for, many MCCC users myself included have this in their games as well, it is updated when needed UI Cheat Extention http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hey, sorry if this is a silly question I was just wondering about it is all. I've only been using MCCC a few months so haven't used it when we've had a new EP or big update or anything. I know when we have patches and stuff it's usually very very quick to be updated if it's necessary (and very quick to tell us if an update is not necessary), but how long does it usually take to be updated after an EP?

Also, if I were to play the game with the new EP before the mod gets updated... I mean, is that a good idea? If I remove the mod from my folder temporarily would I lose my settings? Or should I just wait to play the game until the mod gets updated?
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    There is always a prepatch before the pack releases, mostly a week before.
    Thats the patch that breaks most mods, and thats what the mods get fixed for.
    If there are any additional features needed however, that might be put in the next version of the mod.

But update can also depend on how much that very patch changed in accordance to the mod. Might not need any bigger fixes at all, or it might need a week..
    So basically, everything depends on the pre-patch and there is no definite answer to your questions there.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    At work so really can't play but not busy (can't use Discord at work)
    I am wondering how the change max sim in the household works. I tried it yesterday with Atticus to try to move most of his redheaded babies and toddlers into his apartment. I was worried as they were in unplayed households and no toddler items in those places.
    So I was able to move 1 parent and 4 toddlers in with A and his toddler G. That was a total of 7. I change the max to 12 and wanted to move Nina C with her baby and toddler into the apartment as well. I kept getting the 8 limit message.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    Is there a way for mccc to stop making townie sims friends with my sims? The townies always show up in the relationship panel even though there has been no interaction between them.

No, unfortunately there is no way to stop this.

But you can unfriend your sim with any townie, if you click on the lower righthand side menu bar on the relationship icon. Search for the sim you want to forget, click on the picture and choose 'MC Command Center' from the pie menu.
    y4m-0hxZ7VhSqZ7LGoIR9rfWkfY3QNQsWifrXLP4ySg7DteMtGo517zH_HibR175MoMxO12oyy-mF3tcSmdl5duwUz-6RdFIxzZNPpSzc8wQfRIh50f51PF3sllR2buPRjYrFZ9mNTf9GI9DqxQmRQD2HvXC4nL7je7-i7V7TWsZ5wFsCzNL3WhEg6U8j2MX7P22ANBA0ccvJKeOct9fda6Dw?width=746&height=353&cropmode=none

You well now see a menu like this. Choose 'Forget Active Sim'.
    y4mDsIqNCW8K3iaIkiQqpwP088pF9zuj8CvIu9VTR6CQ3qD9HsbpsaEmBvGkuFrlShw7sntNG45ddvDaS3xzhMtpo6Ky0jz_FEhWITzGPbWt4gkckrWtbC2Mk_ExnBeMDLsV5035oFS0_De5selsp4g-NJET6tV7el0pK8jgh3J3L4Op98pW8YkFMZ4yI5QZUVjTe9enJmh3NMgajPenyWZkw?width=403&height=491&cropmode=none

There will be another menu like this. Make your choice:
    y4mpHXvpBqa1B48zWMGCG6MsqOlgiDl8BN7RSVOgqMayqXhkGbUs9-xsCTxGoa1_bf8cYMVK4MohOrxrYzaWBVMFQFPwCvzC-XJzdQyZkP3KCRxQNwWj8zMIakB468HwPONWUoR8doIus5nF79qpcHuCJ0E3MsNZ1eTLpekkSvvvFA9KJHc6H2CVqqsxtsxMMTmKJH1wX54EoTl-4cYh52AFg?width=404&height=379&cropmode=none

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #ForgetSim
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top