March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    joleaco wrote: »
    Omg, I'm on tumblr! Never thought I would see the day, and it took mccc to get me on there :D

Have no idea what I'm doing tho! Watch out! :mrgreen:

I never thought I'd see the day Deaderpool would move to tumblr. :D Little shellshocked myself, here, still, actually. But tumblr plus discord has been a total BLAST this week. :)
    Moooncat wrote: »
    Thankyou for starting this forum EG!

I have installed Discord but it is a little intimidating for beginners/introverts who aren't used to real-time chat. He he. I know it is early days and you may move the forum solely to Discord but hopefully not :smile: . One of the best things here is that you have the latest MC release date in your signature. Would be great if Deaderpool could add that maybe to the Tumblr site. (MTS used to tell me when my mods weren't the latest version so it didn't matter before)

Thanks!

Just caught this on a re-read.

I am absolutely NOT leaving THIS forum.

This place, the Official Forums, has the Gurus. (The ones we can drag away from Twitter for a minute, anyway... :p ). (pet peeve >:) )

I didn't start this shiny new (already 3-page-deep :smiley: ) thread, just to pull the plug on it because I'm having fun at Discord. (It's addictive... come see!!)

MC Moved. My "contribution" to that cause was to switch threads HERE.

Deaderpool cleaned house on a much larger scale than I needed to. ;)

You're not getting rid of me that easily, 'round here.
    <3

Aaaaand here comes the first question :D

Is there any way I can use the population module of MCCC without having to use the setting in "moving in" (whatever it's called in English, I play in German and it awesomely has a translation for it ^^)? Because with that setting I either don't have people moving at all or every lot is filled up immediately, so I'd like to simply disable it and use the game's setting for filling empty houses.

Jogged my memory. I don't think you want to depend on the game's move-in. It hasn't worked too well for a LONG time.

@rosemow
    @luthienrising

anything to add? Thanks! :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    Yep. For me, the game's housing-people works when I first am starting a new save then does basically nothing after that. I have found that my own best option is to stop MCCC from doing it and just grab unhoused Sims myself and house them. I use MCCC's get_pop c to find out which of those will lose their roles if I house them (librarians, mail carriers, pizza delivery, fishers, gardeners, repair people) and if there are any in careers that make them feel like they might live in a mid-to-nice house - say, the chef in a fine-dining restaurant.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Yep. For me, the game's housing-people works when I first am starting a new save then does basically nothing after that. I have found that my own best option is to stop MCCC from doing it and just grab unhoused Sims myself and house them. I use MCCC's get_pop c to find out which of those will lose their roles if I house them (librarians, mail carriers, pizza delivery, fishers, gardeners, repair people) and if there are any in careers that make them feel like they might live in a mid-to-nice house - say, the chef in a fine-dining restaurant.

I won't say ALL, but DP's coded things now so a LOT of those homeless (including Restaurant Employees!), will NOT lose their jobs, if they move into a house, as long as they are left Unplayed.

(I have a Masseuse married to Ulrike Faust, played house. I have not yet OPENED the house. So far, he's kept the NPC job. Little odd, but I'm not complaining.)
    ;)

Out for a nap. I'll BBL. :)
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2017
    I just want to say that if Deaderpool had kept his Patreon JUST to donations I personally would have been fine with that. This game is NOT playable without this mod, IMO. (As a note, I rarely play it anyway because they update to often and updating mods is just a total bore chore).

BUT he is giving special access to a more updated version to his supporters. This crosses the line for me in terms of donations versus pay, and I don't support that. In fact I find the whole chasing after money thing to be quite abhorrent, whether it's done by a huge game publisher or a popular modder.

BTW I am not affiliated with MTS in any way other than being a member there (and have my own issues with MTS, trust me), but this is my two cents. I won't be playing TS4 at all now I guess, but for me that is no great loss. ;)

P.S. I hope he is at least sharing his loot with you ladies that are helping him earn his keep. :p
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member

I won't say ALL, but DP's coded things now so a LOT of those homeless (including Restaurant Employees!), will NOT lose their jobs, if they move into a house, as long as they are left Unplayed.

(I have a Masseuse married to Ulrike Faust, played house. I have not yet OPENED the house. So far, he's kept the NPC job. Little odd, but I'm not complaining.)
    ;)

Out for a nap. I'll BBL. :)

Even without any mods, restaurant employees and several other NPC roles (spa employees, gym staff, retail employees, and I'm pretty sure there are some others) don't lose their jobs if you move them into a house. But are you saying that if I move my mail carrier into a house she won't lose her job as long as I leave MCCC installed? Or does the game have to do it?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited March 2017
    I just want to say that if Deaderpool had kept his Patreon JUST to donations I personally would have been fine with that. This game is NOT playable without this mod, IMO. (As a note, I rarely play it anyway because they update to often and updating mods is just a total bore chore).

BUT he is giving special access to a more updated version to his supporters. This crosses the line for me in terms of donations versus pay, and I don't support that. In fact I find the whole chasing after money thing to be quite abhorrent, whether it's done by a huge game publisher or a popular modder.

BTW I am not affiliated with MTS in any way other than being a member there (and have my own issues with MTS, trust me), but this is my two cents. I won't be playing TS4 at all now I guess, but for me that is no great loss. ;)

P.S. I hope he is at least sharing his loot with you ladies that are helping him earn his keep. :p

Please take a closer look, may be you misunderstood the principle.

In my opinion no supporter (I'm also one) has any advantage from the "benefits". There is no "more updated" version of MCCC for the patrons only. Technical spoken, quite the contrary. All what they get is a fragmentary preview of what might come, with the request to test and report any bugs. The previews are incomplete and not thouroghly tested. Those who use them, do it on their own risks with the (small) possibility to damage their games.

@Deaderpool always releases the stable versions immediately to everybody without any restriction. There is really no advantage at all to be a patron. In my opinion, it's only a sign of appreciation.

But of course, everybody has to decide whether to support or not on his/her own.

Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Im completely with Bonxie on this. It is actually quite the opposite, it was his biggest fans who pushed him to start receiving donations.
    DP didnt really want to at all.. but WE kept nagging.
    Me: i wouldnt put one of those early releases to use in a real game. those are for testing only, and might even destroy your game if you aint careful.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/

@HappySimmer3 That was Uncalled For. ^^^ (bolded.) If it was a joke, having seen it fresh from waking up, I didn't find it at all amusing. JMO.

You touched a nerve, and it's going to net my new thread its first wall of text from yours truly.

I wouldn't take a dime from the man if he offered it to me. I reap other benefits from hanging out with DP. I was delighted to sign up for his Patreon!!

Patreon is a site for Creators. The whole premise hinges on people being able to consistently offer/update services/products that are of interest to their subscribers.

Some of those pages are pulling down $36,000/month. :o (Browse, don't take MY word for it.) If I had that kind of talent/drive... I'd have a page there, too. No-brainer, IMO.

I started begging @Deaderpool (legit tag for this) to PLEASE do something like Patreon or Gofundme or Kickstarter... around Christmas of 2015. Why? because people were begging ME for a way to be able to donate, aka show THEIR support, to him.

This past holiday season, I ran across a link that was randomly posted to my MSN feed, talking about TurboDriver making $3k a month through Patreon for his work on WW. Now, keeping in mind I'd been on DP to do something similar (like white on rice, TBH) for over a year... when I sent him that link, DP looked deeper at Patreon, and decided to go for it with his own page.

Finally! :smiley: (said me)

Two options, above the free "see what's here" option. $3 and $9. (Personally glad he stopped at $9. ;) ) I'm the Cheerleader, which was a self-given, self-styled "mini-admin" type tag. Image. (Findability, too.)

So I would have felt obligated to go for the $9 option anyway, just for being the one who spearheaded the effort to get him hooked up on Patreon.

Being a serious DP fangirl (somebody here tried that on me as an insult once... didn't fly, it isn't news to ME, either, y'know) ... I don't think I'm being arrogant or self-serving by saying I have really done a LOT for Deaderpool over the past 2 years. Plenty of behind the scenes AND public support, he's gotten from me, before he ever saw ANY Patreon money, from ANY of us.

He wouldn't have cared if I hadn't opted in. He is NOT LIKE THAT. And he's not ever held it against anybody else for making their choice not to go that route, either. You make it sound like you think he's not helping players who aren't on Patreon. Not true. Come to Discord if you don't believe me.

*My* attraction to the higher amount was solely to get to see his complete TODO list. That's the MAIN benefit I was interested in. Anything else there he added to either level has been gravy, to my personal POV.

I don't even usually PLAY with the versions he posts there. I stick with the currently-public copies, so I can help players who have that version troubleshoot. ( @Cyclelegs thinks I'm shooting myself in the foot...)

Here's a nice side benefit of Patreon subscribers gaining early "beta test" access to incoming public versions... since DP started offering the "advance copies," once a version has been released, we have not seen NEARLY as many "live" bugs as we had been, when he was only doing releases on MTS.

Right, @Cyclelegs ? @Bonxie ? @itsug ? (etc)

Were there ANY actual bug (as in, not operator-error) reports from 3.2.0??

I actually think that's been a pretty awesome byproduct of this new adventure. 3.2.0 went through 5 "upgrades" on Patreon, before he wrapped "3.2.0.5" up into what we have now, 3.2.0.

He COULD have kept the page to just donations, I imagine... but "taking something for nothing" (MCCC is not "nothing" BTW...) is not his style.

He wanted to give BACK To Subscribers... even though he's already given a lot of us a reason to keep playing this (busted vanilla) game. That's where the advance version releases idea came from. If you don't mind waiting, you WILL see what's there... when it's all spiffed up, and ready to be packaged up for public consumption.

Everybody: The Patreon thing is completely VOLUNTARY. If it's worth it To You, opt in. If it isn't worth it, don't.

You are not losing anything you don't already have access to, by not signing up. That's pretty simple.

If you decide not to, please have the courtesy to respect other players for their decision on the subject, who DO believe it's a worthwhile thing.

There's room for all of us, but I won't have people trashing Patreon, or DP for his decision to have a page there. It's an amazing site. Look around.

He's an amazing guy. People wanted this for him. Don't try to make it into a negative thing.

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2017
    @egwarhammer I wasn't trying to offend you. Just stating my feelings about it, which your 'wall of text' has done nothing to change. I do realize that it was the vast amounts of cash being pulled in by the WW mod that has started this trend. DP is not the only modder to go that route, sad to say. But I don't like it. I don't like it one little bit. I think it sets a horrible precedent for a game like this, one that REQUIRES mods to be playable for a lot of people. I just wanted to put in my two cents about it all since I think there is a whole other side to this business.

And just to be clear, it is not the fact that he accepts donations that I have an issue with; I have never had an issue with voluntary donations. It's the reciprocal deal where you give people an incentive to contribute by providing them something that others don't get. I understand you see nothing wrong with that, and that's as it may be. We'll just have to agree to disagree. And I now bow out of this thread as it's not my intention to derail it.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    @egwarhammer I wasn't trying to offend you. Just stating my feelings about it, which your 'wall of text' has done nothing to change. I do realize that it was the vast amounts of cash being pulled in by the WW mod that has started this trend. DP is not the only modder to go that route, sad to say. But I don't like it. I don't like it one little bit. I think it sets a horrible precedent for a game like this, one that REQUIRES mods to be playable for a lot of people. I just wanted to put in my two cents about it all since I think there is a whole other side to this business.

And just to be clear, it is not the fact that he accepts donations that I have an issue with; I have never had an issue with voluntary donations. It's the reciprocal deal where you give people an incentive to contribute by providing them something that others don't get. I understand you see nothing wrong with that, and that's as it may be. We'll just have to agree to disagree. And I now bow out of this thread as it's not my intention to derail it.

Classy. :) TY for the quick reply.

I hope you know most of that was just general FYI.

Little background, I'd already had a similar discussion earlier today on discord. This was on my mind, and waking up, your post was the first thing I saw.

Like I said, touched a nerve. Perfectly willing to be grown-up about it, if we can meet there. ;)

Flip side of what's bolded: people are going to contribute anyway... the "extras" (such as they are) are simply things DP wanted to offer BACK, over and above the thing that started it all, MCCC. <3 Just a different POV.

Wander by anytime (seriously!!). There's generally stuff going on around me. It's a thing.
    :blush:
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Oh yeah because getting a beta test version of something that can trash your game is getting something extra special. While I get what the general thought is, NOBODY is getting anything nobody else can get in the end. Everybody has access to the final version of the mod when it's released.

Also, no matter how he went about having people help test, there would be somebody complaining that somebody got access to something someone else didn't. It's the nature of the beast. But I do think, in this case, it's making a mountain out of an ant hill.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    I'm jumping into this discussion quite late, and I really am not qualified in so many ways, but I have to add my two cents. It is my understanding that no one is allowed, by EULA, to receive any kind of money in regards to the Sims games. It's the same thing when you write fan fiction and why my trilogy is free. I don't own the copyright to Star Trek, and while Paramount (and now CBS) is kind enough to allow me to 'play' in their universe, I'm not allowed to earn one penny off of my efforts. (All I can hope for is that people will read it and like it. That's my return.) EA is also willing to allow the creators of custom content and mods, to play with their game. Payment is not due to anyone under these circumstances.

I love Deaderpool's MCCC mod. I use it, I'm still learning how to use it, and I'm chagrined the updates will no longer be over at MTS. That was quick and easy for me to find it again (had that page bookmarked). I don't tweet, just like I don't 'text'. (Although if there is a way to sign up to his new 'site' that will ping me when an update is ready, I might consider doing so, just to keep up.)

Years back we all tried to get EA to hire Twallen for his modding work. We didn't flat out beg him to charge us, that would be against the EULA. I'm very sorry to read in this thread that some have cajoled Deaderpool to seek recompense.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Thought you guys would want to know, all news on new version of MCCC being released will be announced, and linked here as well as on tumblr and discord. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    itsug wrote: »
    Thought you guys would want to know, all news on new version of MCCC being released will be announced, and linked here as well as on tumblr and discord. :)

thanks its.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    Thank you, @itsug !
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

In this case though, you don't get anything more as a patron than what everybody else gets. There are very little time between when something is per-released and added in the official version. In comparison to other patreon mods, there is a big difference. I honestly wouldn't put MCCC in the same category even as the other patreon pages.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    itsug wrote: »

About that... New version of French Translation is available now from here:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/

Current MCCC version is still 3.2.0.

When THAT changes, you NEED to update. For languages, notsomuch, unless they matter to YOU. ;)
    How about this: Let's don't get any farther into the Patreon discussion HERE.

I know some of you here have the updated files. But this is intended to be a more main-stream help thread. Public not beta, if we have to go that route.

Patreon has a nice site all their own, and for more "personal" questions/comments, there's Discord.

I'm all for what Patreon represents. I realize some are not.

Let's just agree to disagree, and drop it, in this thread. (PM/chat options galore, seems like I have now...) :p

It really doesn't have anything to do with playing Sims4's current version (1.27.80.x) with MC's current public-release version, which is 3.2.0.

That's what I'd like for us to talk about here.

Can we do that?
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2017
    *bows to EW* yes, ofcourse, consider it dropped from me. <3
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    One more thing about Patreon, and I'll drop it.

I want you to look at this link, scroll down the right side to see all the different ways SHE's pulling in money with this. Just FYI. (I don't know her, but her page impressed me. I'm not a subscriber.)

https://www.patreon.com/fayren

( ^^ bookmarked)

There's someone in Comics creating "Random creative thingies" and making $1400/mo for that. :p

TBH I *wish* I was that kind of creative/consistent. I'd be there. <shrug>
    /end
  • AmmaliiAmmalii Posts: 3 New Member
    Greetings from Norway!
    I recently downloaded the MC command center( the full verson i think)i have never downloaded CC og mods before this and i've been a simmer for the longest time.

I've been having the best time playing with this mod as it really brings life to my game, filling up my ghost towns, townies having babies and getting married. But my issue is with the MCC pregnancy mod, when the townies get married and have babies the baby doesnt show up in the family tree, and the poor thing have no family or relationships, and it sure doesnt look like the sim who supposedly gave birth to it. it is just a random baby, and all the babies are black with either red or blond hair.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
    Ammalii wrote: »
    Greetings from Norway!
    I recently downloaded the MC command center( the full verson i think)i have never downloaded CC og mods before this and i've been a simmer for the longest time.

I've been having the best time playing with this mod as it really brings life to my game, filling up my ghost towns, townies having babies and getting married. But my issue is with the MCC pregnancy mod, when the townies get married and have babies the baby doesnt show up in the family tree, and the poor thing have no family or relationships, and it sure doesnt look like the sim who supposedly gave birth to it. it is just a random baby, and all the babies are black with either red or blond hair.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Hi @Ammalii !

If you're posting here, I'm going to assume your game is patched up to 1.27.80, right? The last one?

Mod version 3.2.0?

Here's the beauty of our new setup, I asked Deaderpool about this on Discord.

He thinks may have to do with the Age Group of the Parents. If they're Very Young (ahem), this sort of thing can happen, from EA code.

That sort of relationship is outside what we can talk about here (teen board ratings issue).

You're welcome to come chat with us more on Discord, where we can talk freely. I am REALLY liking it there. :)

https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top