March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2017
    I made sure I shared it on my Tumblr and it has already been re-blogged. So, word is getting out.
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Wow, good for DP!! Seems like MTS are cutting off their nose to spite their face... :| But, their loss is our gain!! And I can now get to the module that shall not be named without having to pester egwarhammer :D:p
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Wow, good for DP!! Seems like MTS are cutting off their nose to spite their face... :| But, their loss is our gain!! And I can now get to the module that shall not be named without having to pester egwarhammer :D:p

I had that thought about 2 days ago (when I knew "this" was coming SOON). That's about 30 messages I can probably cross off my list of update-related things to do. Woot!

• itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    @egwarhammer I'll retweet later when I have time to catch up. Right now I'm just checking the forums and my blog as I take breaks from a long building project. I've tried discord before but the constant alerts drove me nuts!

Notifications on everything is set as default per discord server, which I was fast as hell to turn off when i created it.
    Who wouldnt go nuts with constant notifications. :D
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    itsug wrote: »
    Notifications on everything is set as default per discord server, which I was fast as plum to turn off when i created it.

I guess I should have figured that there would be settings. I only joined one group earlier this year and it drove me crazy! I would wake up to like 30 notifications in the morning and then like 40 when I got home. Then that noise would go off constantly. I think I'll stick to the web based one like EG said. :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    @egwarhammer I'll retweet later when I have time to catch up. Right now I'm just checking the forums and my blog as I take breaks from a long building project. I've tried discord before but the constant alerts drove me nuts!

Notifications on everything is set as default per discord server, which I was fast as plum to turn off when i created it.

Good morning! So is the Discord app starting up when you restart your computer. Fixed that now, too. (I could get to like this Discord thing, but honestly not full-time!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Good morning! So is the Discord app starting up when you restart your computer. Fixed that now, too. (I could get to like this Discord thing, but honestly not full-time!)

I go back and forth. Other than briefly losing the app yesterday (operator error, no doubt), either way has worked fine.

Thanks for the reminder about startup. I'll probably turn that off here, too.

Hey @luthienrising shoot me a PM over there. I haz a question. ;) (But nap incoming, so I'll ask after while.) ;)

Check this out... I'm up, and on Discord. ;) Real Time is pretty amazing. <3

This week's MC setup has everything we've done before looking pretty slim.

IMO the move/facelift (net-wise) has been brilliantly done so far!!!
  • RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    Hi EW. I bookmarked your page and DP's also. Thanks for setting up a new page here on officials. I'll let my simmer buddies know.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Aaaaand here comes the first question :D

Is there any way I can use the population module of MCCC without having to use the setting in "moving in" (whatever it's called in English, I play in German and it awesomely has a translation for it ^^)? Because with that setting I either don't have people moving at all or every lot is filled up immediately, so I'd like to simply disable it and use the game's setting for filling empty houses.
    Aaaaand here comes the first question :D

Is there any way I can use the population module of MCCC without having to use the setting in "moving in" (whatever it's called in English, I play in German and it awesomely has a translation for it ^^)? Because with that setting I either don't have people moving at all or every lot is filled up immediately, so I'd like to simply disable it and use the game's setting for filling empty houses.

There are 2 ways to do that. Either set your Population: Open Houses number high enough to keep the number of lots empty you want (50 would stop a LOT), or, you can go into Build/buy on whatever homes you do NOT want used, and set their number of beds to 0.

That Beds number is what MC looks for to accept the lot. An empty lot with a 1 there would be used. (story idea) A house with a 0 in there will not.

Between the 2 options, setting and hands=on, you can find the range that works best for you. :)

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcpopulation

(look around, this is ONE page of SEVERAL. All the MTS info is there, and there is new content, too.)

Also, come check out our new home on discord:

https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

I watched him (in text chat) fix someone's issue in real time. live last night. That was *amazing.*
    ;)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    Will you keep those of us on this thread posted when there's an update for MCCC? I do hope so. I don't tweet. These days I'm not even really read my emails. I needed a cooling off period as things were getting too stressful. I scan my emails put a star by the ones I do wish to read, then hit the box to check the rest and then delete. I was spending a good 2-3 hours previously, daily, just going over the ones I was interested in! I know twitter would grab up any leftover time I have. So, I don't do it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Will you keep those of us on this thread posted when there's an update for MCCC? I do hope so. I don't tweet. These days I'm not even really read my emails. I needed a cooling off period as things were getting too stressful. I scan my emails put a star by the ones I do wish to read, then hit the box to check the rest and then delete. I was spending a good 2-3 hours previously, daily, just going over the ones I was interested in! I know twitter would grab up any leftover time I have. So, I don't do it.

Absolutely I will continue updating here. I'm still around, but setting into our new arrangements, too. Big changes, little time.

I am not a huge tweet or tumblr fan/user either.

I am fast becoming a BIG fan of Discord. But, that's for a Mod. My favorite mod. That goes with Sims4... whose (forum at least) home is HERE.

Yeah, I'm sticking around. <3

If you have signatures turned on, I change mine when he updates, usually before I make the first post. :wink:
  • DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    Hi everyone! Welcome to EG's support post!! :)
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Welcome to EG's support post!! :)

(Man of few words, eh?) :p

We'll call this the official stamp of approval. I figured if DP did a cruise-by, you'd know MC's thread is here to stay. :)
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Omg, I'm on tumblr! Never thought I would see the day, and it took mccc to get me on there :D

Have no idea what I'm doing tho! Watch out! :mrgreen:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    I gave my sig file here a MAJOR refit earlier. ;) Lots of new links. This move was SUCH a good idea!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yeah i got tumbler to cooperate. it kept saying i needed to verify email/

Just a couple of reminders, since things are pretty different for us now...

The new order of the day for MC players is, Support Documentation (from the spoiler button info at the old site) is on Tumblr, and we have moved from forum help to a more "real time" approach on Discord.

PMs are available, and I've set up a couple of different chat channels outside the mccc umbrella for those offtopic things you just Have to tell somebody. ;) Here's one: chat_with_eg

• MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Hi!
    I have to post this so pleasepleaseplease don't get mad..it's just..i'm from Finland and i want to be 100% sure i understood everything, so:

The previous "Need Help With MCCC..." thread is no longer in use? Right?
    Instead if we have problems, we should post our questions here? Correct?

This Discord..i'm not sure i totally got it..i did open an account there (i'm MistyLake there too) but other than that..not sure what to do with it, yet. Oh well. :p

And lastly, if i want to update my MCCC + Woohoo i must go to that Tumblr page and i will find the latest ones there? Right?

Thank you! <3
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hi!
    I have to post this so pleasepleaseplease don't get mad..it's just..i'm from Finland and i want to be 100% sure i understood everything, so:

1 The previous "Need Help With MCCC..." thread is no longer in use? Right?
    2 Instead if we have problems, we should post our questions here? Correct?

3 This Discord..i'm not sure i totally got it..i did open an account there (i'm MistyLake there too) but other than that..not sure what to do with it, yet. Oh well. :p

4 And lastly, if i want to update my MCCC + Woohoo i must go to that Tumblr page and i will find the latest ones there? Right?

Thank you! <3

I'm not mad at all, these are great questions! :) (I edited your post a little, added numbers.)

1 Right. Come here instead. New home. Not much in the other thread still applies.

2 Yes. (see above) :p

3 Discord is more Real Time. Live chat. You can translate it if you need to. I figured out how for a French player today.

Bottom left corner, click the settings wheel. Locale is where to change the language. (I find it easier to use via web than the standalone app program.)

Come and lurk (watch what happens). It's addictive. ;)

4 Yes. I will still post notices here. I'm just not going to have to send out PMs to people who can't get to certain parts, any more... I don't think. Or keep up with the Troubleshooter. All that's made its way to tumblr now. I'm pretty happy about that. His brilliant move just lightened my workload. I'm pleased.
    :)

To Anybody/Everybody here: I've got a couple of pure chat channels going too. Come check out Deaderpool's setup, and if you want to start smaller, come to one of my channels. I'm new there, too. We'll play around with it.
    B)

• MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hi!

1 The previous "Need Help With MCCC..." thread is no longer in use? Right?
    2 Instead if we have problems, we should post our questions here? Correct?

3 This Discord..i'm not sure i totally got it..i did open an account there (i'm MistyLake there too) but other than that..not sure what to do with it, yet. Oh well. :p

4 And lastly, if i want to update my MCCC + Woohoo i must go to that Tumblr page and i will find the latest ones there? Right?

Thank you! <3

I'm not mad at all, these are great questions! :) (I edited your post a little, added numbers.)

1 Right. Come here instead. New home. Not much in the other thread still applies.

2 Yes. (see above) :p

3 Discord is more Real Time. Live chat. You can translate it if you need to. I figured out how for a French player today.

Bottom left corner, click the settings wheel. Locale is where to change the language. (I find it easier to use via web than the standalone app program.)

Come and lurk (watch what happens). It's addictive. ;)

4 Yes. I will still post notices here. I'm just not going to have to send out PMs to people who can't get to certain parts, any more... I don't think. Or keep up with the Troubleshooter. All that's made its way to tumblr now. I'm pretty happy about that. His brilliant move just lightened my workload. I'm pleased.
    :)

To Anybody/Everybody here: I've got a couple of pure chat channels going too. Come check out Deaderpool's setup, and if you want to start smaller, come to one of my channels. I'm new there, too. We'll play around with it.
    B)

Thank you so much for replying. I appreciate it a lot. <3
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • MoooncatMoooncat Posts: 2 New Member
    Thankyou for starting this forum EG!

I have installed Discord but it is a little intimidating for beginners/introverts who aren't used to real-time chat. He he. I know it is early days and you may move the forum solely to Discord but hopefully not :smile: . One of the best things here is that you have the latest MC release date in your signature. Would be great if Deaderpool could add that maybe to the Tumblr site. (MTS used to tell me when my mods weren't the latest version so it didn't matter before)

Thanks!
    Moooncat wrote: »
    Thankyou for starting this forum EG!

I have installed Discord but it is a little intimidating for beginners/introverts who aren't used to real-time chat. He he. I know it is early days and you may move the forum solely to Discord but hopefully not :smile: . One of the best things here is that you have the latest MC release date in your signature. Would be great if Deaderpool could add that maybe to the Tumblr site. (MTS used to tell me when my mods weren't the latest version so it didn't matter before)

Thanks!

Posted to suggestions at Discord. Good idea, I thought! :)

Found a message posted to the other thread by @XDJSIMMERX

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15591487/#Comment_15591487
    I'm sorry if this type of question has been answered before, but it says to delete all previous existing PACKAGE files for MC Command Center to work. Seen as a lot of my CC is included in PACKAGE files it would take out a lot of things I have. Is there possibly another way to get around this?

We switched threads. :) Bringing you to the one we're using now.

Actually, we're talking about just the MC-specific .package and .ts4script files.

If you have it in /Mods/MC, it's the files in /MC we're referring to.

If you have everything in /Mods, check this screenshot for a list of the ones you need to look for. (No filenames have changed lately.)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15585633/#Comment_15585633

For Real Time Help (assuming we're online... FYI someone has been online since we moved to Discord... haha!), try here:

https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

And if you want to check out the new Documentation for MC, on Tumblr, that's here:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top