We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,072 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Is there actually a setting to allow a Teen to do the same jobs as an adult? I vaguely recall one from a while ago. Also, I would need a step-by-step path to it. Please and thank you, in advance. :)

No, as far as I know there is no option like this in MCCC. You also asked on the MCCC discord, right? The only career related thing you can do is to let teens quit school.

Yes, I saw your answer for me on Discord, thank you. I'm totally bummed. Jamison is now a Global Superstar but still a Teen. Why is it that EA won't allow Child and Teen Sims to join in the Acting career? They certainly can in RL. I was finally able to put him in Drama Club so he can stay busy, (and out of trouble) in between the acting gigs and photoshoots afforded him by the Road to Fame mod. But he likely won't be moving out of the household for some time, now. Erik wanted his horse on the lot. Oh, well.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,932 Member
    I recently used MCCC to blacklist a couple of traits that came with a mod I downloaded. Does the blacklisting apply to all saves or just the one I was playing when I did the blacklisting?

As long as you don't change your sims 4 mod folder your MCCC settings are valid for all saves in your game. All your setting are stored in the the mc_settings.cfg file at that mod folder location where your MCCC files are located.

Excluded traits only apply to randomly generated Sims or Sims that are aging-up and gaining new traits. It does not apply retroactively to existing Sims in the world who already have the excluded traits. It also will not apply to Sims created through Testing/Debug Cheats to generate a Sim. If a Sim is imported from the player's library, it also will not apply as imported Sims will include the traits they were saved with. Excluded traits will not be removed from Sims filling roles that require the excluded trait for their role.

Great, thank you! What exactly do you mean by "as long as you don't change your sims 4 mod folder" though? Probably basic but I'm not quite sure :D
    edited August 2023
    Is there actually a setting to allow a Teen to do the same jobs as an adult? I vaguely recall one from a while ago. Also, I would need a step-by-step path to it. Please and thank you, in advance. :)

No, as far as I know there is no option like this in MCCC. You also asked on the MCCC discord, right? The only career related thing you can do is to let teens quit school.

Yes, I saw your answer for me on Discord, thank you. I'm totally bummed. Jamison is now a Global Superstar but still a Teen. Why is it that EA won't allow Child and Teen Sims to join in the Acting career? They certainly can in RL. I was finally able to put him in Drama Club so he can stay busy, (and out of trouble) in between the acting gigs and photoshoots afforded him by the Road to Fame mod. But he likely won't be moving out of the household for some time, now. Erik wanted his horse on the lot. Oh, well.

In real life, actors under the age of 18 are subject to strict child labour laws, e.g. a restriction on how long they can work each day, their education and so on. EA is based in California which has some of the most explicit child labour laws for those working in TV/Hollywood, so maybe that influenced their decision. In the UK, for example, child actors must receive a minimum of three hours' tutoring every day, probably slightly less if they're 16+. Plus Sims 4 acting shoots are quite long.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,690 Member
    edited August 2023
    Great, thank you! What exactly do you mean by "as long as you don't change your sims 4 mod folder" though? Probably basic but I'm not quite sure :D

I use five "The Sims 4" folders:
    • My usual game folder which I use (of course) for my regular gaming (as ..\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4)
    • A folder, where I test my own CC creations (as ..\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 BonCC)
    • A folder to test the MCCC pre releases, where MCCC is the only CC item (as ..\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Test)
    • A folder with not a single piece of mods or CC for patchday emergency etc. (as ..\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Vanilla)
    • A folder with a backup of my game folder (as ..\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Backup)

In each of these folders I have (as you can guess) different game saves, tray items, mods and also different settings, except of backup which is a mirror of the first folder.

Depending on what I'm about to do, I select the appropriate folder and rename it to "The Sims 4" (after renaming the original folder to its wild card name, of course).

Since manual renaming is quite cumbersome, I wrote myself a AutoIT script with a tiny UI so that I can select the folder I want to use by mouseclick and the script renames the folders in the background accordingly. Part of the script is also a robocopy (-purge) job for the backup of the game folder.

To come back to your question, if you use different folders you can also use different mc_settings.cfg files for different MCCC configurations.
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.

In real life, actors under the age of 18 are subject to strict child labour laws, e.g. a restriction on how long they can work each day, their education and so on. EA is based in California which has some of the most explicit child labour laws for those working in TV/Hollywood, so maybe that influenced their decision. In the UK, for example, child actors must receive a minimum of three hours' tutoring every day, probably slightly less if they're 16+. Plus Sims 4 acting shoots are quite long.

Yes, I know, which is why if a baby is a member of the cast, they often use twins. I used to live in CA for over fifty years. It could be their Governor has gotten stricter on the laws, but there are many child-actors out there. I would much prefer EA had made it so kids could choose this career, even if it meant a shorter work day. Just sayin'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @GalacticGal Oh, right. I didn't realise you'd lived in California. It could be quite fun to have a child acting career, now I think about it. I guess that's just the problem you have with the Cantrell kids finishing school and university early, they're just hanging around without much else to do. Although I don't know what you have planned for the other kids. Teens can't really do much apart from part time jobs. Have you used MCCC to increase the maximum household size? I once had a family consisting of eight Sims and two dogs. I think the maximum is 24. Since horses are treated as part of the household like cats and dogs are, that could be an option for you. Although, if you do that, you have to be careful about entering CAS. You can't do it via mirrors or wardrobes as the game will delete Sims in the family to bring it back down to the normal number of 8. If you want to edit a Sim in a household above 8, you have to do it via the MCCC menu (Sim Commands and Modify in CAS, which allows you to edit just one Sim at a time).
    @GalacticGal Oh, right. I didn't realise you'd lived in California. It could be quite fun to have a child acting career, now I think about it. I guess that's just the problem you have with the Cantrell kids finishing school and university early, they're just hanging around without much else to do. Although I don't know what you have planned for the other kids. Teens can't really do much apart from part time jobs. Have you used MCCC to increase the maximum household size? I once had a family consisting of eight Sims and two dogs. I think the maximum is 24. Since horses are treated as part of the household like cats and dogs are, that could be an option for you. Although, if you do that, you have to be careful about entering CAS. You can't do it via mirrors or wardrobes as the game will delete Sims in the family to bring it back down to the normal number of 8. If you want to edit a Sim in a household above 8, you have to do it via the MCCC menu (Sim Commands and Modify in CAS, which allows you to edit just one Sim at a time).

Yes, I have expanded my household via MCCC. But I forgot one thing. You have to add the animals, first, as you can always have the children born in the game up to the number of 'extra' slots you set. I tried to let Erik adopt or purchase a horse and it was a no-go. Face/palm. Erik owns two horses, but they reside at his two brothers' house. I have more or less decided I will explore horses more in my other save. Erik really doesn't have time to pursue it, you should see the state of his garden!
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 1,937 Member

Yes, I know, which is why if a baby is a member of the cast, they often use twins. I used to live in CA for over fifty years. It could be their Governor has gotten stricter on the laws, but there are many child-actors out there. I would much prefer EA had made it so kids could choose this career, even if it meant a shorter work day. Just sayin'.

I've noticed that's quite common in American sitcoms where they'll use twins if there is a baby in the family. I don't think that practice has ever been used here in the UK on our shows.
    Brd709 wrote: »

I've noticed that's quite common in American sitcoms where they'll use twins if there is a baby in the family. I don't think that practice has ever been used here in the UK on our shows.

I think it has, they use twins in soaps for example.

It came about mostly due to the Child Labor Laws, which are pretty strict in this country. After it was learned in the early 20th century that many of the parents of these Child Stars managed to squander the kids' earnings, a law was passed to protect the child star. So, yeah, there are laws. But, I would be happy if my Sim could do acting, part-time. I just want a chance for him to win an Accolade, or two or three . . . :open_mouth:

I think it has, they use twins in soaps for example.

They have done this for quite some time, I believe. It's all about protecting the wee ones, so I can't argue too much.

I have expanded the number of Sims per household already. Problem is, you have to add the pets/horses to the household first, as then you can birth the babies you want afterward, but once the 8 are reached, you can't add horses I know I have tried. As for the others, right now I'm hoping the twins will graduate, since that has never happened in my game. The ceremony part, that is.
    Oh, that's annoying. Maybe there's some way of adding the horses via Manage Households. Possibly send two of the children to another household, add the horses, and then use testingcheats to add the children back to the household. I can't remember how I got the 8 Sims and 2 dogs living together, it was a while ago now. But if Harmony and Melodie are going to graduate soon, that may free up some space.
    edited August 2023
    Hold up, I just realised something about the couples who are apparently “not valid”. I’ve only noticed it happen with Emilia Ernest & Darrel Charm as well as Lucia & Mateo Markovic… they’re both engaged at the start of the game, rather than married. They’re the only Sims 4 couples to be engaged at the start of each new save. Maybe that has something to do with it. In my current save Lucia recently married someone else, but still lives with Mateo who’s her sweetheart… maybe I could break Lucia and random dude up, and then make sure Lucia and Mateo marry. Darrel and Emilia are still engaged, so maybe I’ll marry them off before anything else happens. In a save where I made sure that Emilia and Darrel got married, I didn’t have any problems after that.
    I thought Lucia and Mateo were already married because they had the same surname… seems not. I’m guessing it was to show off the new feature that you can create a couple in CAS and set their relationship level to engaged that was new back when MWS was released.
    But it’s odd that they’re referred to as “spouse Sims” when they’re not actually married yet.
    edited August 2023
    Oh, that's annoying. Maybe there's some way of adding the horses via Manage Households. Possibly send two of the children to another household, add the horses, and then use testingcheats to add the children back to the household. I can't remember how I got the 8 Sims and 2 dogs living together, it was a while ago now. But if Harmony and Melodie are going to graduate soon, that may free up some space.

No, they just aged up to teen, recently. I have another save where I was smart enough to add the horse first in each household. Phew.
    Hold up, I just realised something about the couples who are apparently “not valid”. I’ve only noticed it happen with Emilia Ernest & Darrel Charm as well as Lucia & Mateo Markovic… they’re both engaged at the start of the game, rather than married. They’re the only Sims 4 couples to be engaged at the start of each new save. Maybe that has something to do with it. In my current save Lucia recently married someone else, but still lives with Mateo who’s her sweetheart… maybe I could break Lucia and random dude up, and then make sure Lucia and Mateo marry. Darrel and Emilia are still engaged, so maybe I’ll marry them off before anything else happens. In a save where I made sure that Emilia and Darrel got married, I didn’t have any problems after that.
    I thought Lucia and Mateo were already married because they had the same surname… seems not. I’m guessing it was to show off the new feature that you can create a couple in CAS and set their relationship level to engaged that was new back when MWS was released.
    But it’s odd that they’re referred to as “spouse Sims” when they’re not actually married yet.

In some cultures, worldwide, being engaged is taken as seriously as being married, in that you must 'divorce' when you break the engagement.
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    Lucia and Mateo were specifically made to not be already married and to have a wedding area in their backyard for them to get married if a player chose to play that household. It was part of promoting the pack. I wish they hadn't given them the same last name though. It's weird and confusing.
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 614 Member
    edited September 2023
    I think I am doing something wrong. I have tried to tweak my settings and set it up so that only adults can marry and have children. I have valid ages only set to adults. However, after a couple of days of playing I keep getting messages that several young adult sims have gotten other adults pregnant and some even get married.

I just want to set it up so that my Young Adults are single and not producing kids but I must be missing a very important setting. Does anyone have any advice to help me?

EDIT: I may have found the culprit - I found a setting for Neighborhood Stories that was still enabling pregnancies/adoptions. That doesn't solve the marriage issue but I just went through all the settings again and will start a new game to see what actually happens.
    Post edited by Llandros2012 on
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,690 Member
    MCCC 2023.4.1 is cleared for use with patch v.1.100.147, released SEP 05, 2023.

There have been no errors reported so far after that EA update.
    Everything seems to work as expected.
    I'm giving my "all-clear" on the patch today with MCCC 2023.4.1. I've seen no issues and all of my upgrade-tests passed with no errors.

General download link for all MCCC modules, most recent versions and legacy v6.6.0:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Curseforge MCCC project page:
    https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/mods/mc-command-center
    Updated files may appear later than announced on Curseforge because of their approval process.

You might also have a look at @luthienrising's post regarding broken mods and CC:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1009959/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-2023-horse-ranch-patch/p1

Tips and tricks to manage the EA App:
    If you have any questions please ask
    or visit our Discord MCCC Server

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Thank you, @Bonxie.
  • JIMMIGSWEJIMMIGSWE Posts: 2 New Member
    Here's a dumb question I haven't been able to find an answer to.
    The "Population_OpenHouses" setting is described as "how many lots in the world should we leave unoccupied", but what does "the world" refer to? Just a single map screen (e.g. Willow Creek) or all maps combined?

If I set it to e.g. 5, does that mean I will have 5 open houses in each world (e.g. Willow Creek) or 5 across all worlds combined?
    JIMMIGSWE wrote: »
    Here's a dumb question I haven't been able to find an answer to.
    The "Population_OpenHouses" setting is described as "how many lots in the world should we leave unoccupied", but what does "the world" refer to? Just a single map screen (e.g. Willow Creek) or all maps combined?

If I set it to e.g. 5, does that mean I will have 5 open houses in each world (e.g. Willow Creek) or 5 across all worlds combined?

I've never seen this option before. Last i knew, there was an option to turn open houses off.
  • JIMMIGSWEJIMMIGSWE Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Brd709 said:
    > I've never seen this option before. Last i knew, there was an option to turn open houses off.

You can set it to any number or to 0 to turn them off. I would like to have ~2 open houses in each map but I'm unsure if I should simply set it to "2" or to some really high number (if the number is for all maps combined).
    JIMMIGSWE wrote: »
    > @Brd709 said:
    > I've never seen this option before. Last i knew, there was an option to turn open houses off.

You can set it to any number or to 0 to turn them off. I would like to have ~2 open houses in each map but I'm unsure if I should simply set it to "2" or to some really high number (if the number is for all maps combined).

Ah, i didn't know you could do that. I turned mine off completely because it kept putting large families in houses with 1-2 bedrooms.
    I've never used to mod for that, I don't believe. I tend to keep families out of builds I have placed for my own family, by simply removing any steps to the exterior door(s). :open_mouth:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top