We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,691 Member
    edited July 2023
    MCCC v2023.4.0 for Sims 4 game version 1.98.158 is out now!

    General download link for all MCCC modules, most recent versions and legacy v6.6.0:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

    For the changes in this version have a look at the Change Log.

    You might also visit our Curseforge MCCC project page.
    Note that the new version may appear later than announced on Curseforge because of the CF approval process.

    More links and help:
    This release has been tested to be working with (but does not require) GTW, OR, Get Together, Dine Out, City Life, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventures, Seasons, Get Famous, Strangeville, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Discover University, Eco Living, Journey to Batuu, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Werewolves, High School Years, Growing Together and the patch released June 13, 2023 - PC: 1.98.158.1020 / Mac: 1.98.158.1220.
    Versions before this most likely won't work, so don’t be surprised if that’s the case!

    The mod folder will look more or less like this after MCCC 2023.4.0 installation/update:
    embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2154941&authkey=%21AFghQLbhEMFtpnM&width=1448&height=881

    As proof of installation the welcome screen of MCCC 2023.4.0 looks like this:
    embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2154942&authkey=%21AM0RZYghZgAFBFY&width=390&height=417

    Check the CC and Mods in your game and use current versions only. Be careful when using outdated or orphaned DLC. If you get an orange error message referring to a Last Exception, the reason is most likely broken 3rd party stuff.

    Tips and tricks to manage the EA App:
    If you have any questions please ask
    or visit our Discord MCCC Server

    ☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

    #MCCC #Patch #Update
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,691 Member
    edited July 2023
    MCCC v2023.4.1 hotfix for Sims 4 game version v1.99.264 (Horse Ranch Update) is out now!

    The previous version of MCCC broke on the 1.99 patch so you must update if you wish to continue using the mod after patching.

    If you have not yet updated your game then wait to download this version until you have done so.

    Curseforge users should expect this update to be available within the next few days, please update manually if you need it immediately.

    General download link for all MCCC modules, most recent versions and legacy v6.6.0:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

    You might also have a look at @luthienrising's post regarding broken mods and CC here in the forums.

    If you have any questions please ask
    or visit our Discord MCCC Server

    ☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

    #MCCC #Patch #Update
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,939 Member
    I'm kind of confused by something.

    I decided to check the log in the MCCC folder, the text document/notepad file... It said "Spouse sim Lucia Markovic is not a valid spouse for Mateo Markovic", then also said the same thing the other way round (Mateo Markovic not being valid for Lucia). I went to check... Lucia is now married to Akira Kibo and Mateo is now married to Eva Capricciosa. Lucia doesn't know Mateo in her relationships panel, and Mateo doesn't know Lucia either. The kicker, though, is that Lucia is pregnant with Mateo's baby!! What on Earth does "not a valid spouse" mean?? How can they not be valid???
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,939 Member
    So the fact they no longer appear in each other’s relationships panel is likely because of relationship culling. But the not a valid spouse thing still confuses me.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,691 Member
    So the fact they no longer appear in each other’s relationships panel is likely because of relationship culling. But the not a valid spouse thing still confuses me.

    Do you use both the MCCC story progression and the EA Neighborhood Stories? If both are active sometimes strange sideeffects occur.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,338 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    So the fact they no longer appear in each other’s relationships panel is likely because of relationship culling. But the not a valid spouse thing still confuses me.

    Do you use both the MCCC story progression and the EA Neighborhood Stories? If both are active sometimes strange sideeffects occur.

    Even before Neighborhood Stories, my experience has been that MCCC has a strong tendency to split up non-married cohabitating couples. I think I had 1 save where Darrel Charm and Emelia Ernest stayed a couple without my interference. I always assumed that it was a combo of their relationship not starting out high enough and being unplayed households. Same with Jules Rico and Bess Sterling.
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Even before Neighborhood Stories, my experience has been that MCCC has a strong tendency to split up non-married cohabitating couples. I think I had 1 save where Darrel Charm and Emelia Ernest stayed a couple without my interference. I always assumed that it was a combo of their relationship not starting out high enough and being unplayed households. Same with Jules Rico and Bess Sterling.

    The Sterling Rico household has no pre-established romantic relationship. As far as MCCC's concerned, they're just people living together, even though they have a romance level, and are valid sims for the normal move-outs as young adults and for random marriages to anyone.

    The Charm-Ernest relationship is annoying though. Romantic relationships (Siobhan Fyres & Sergio Romeo) are more often than not respected, but an actual engagement is usually ignored.

    You could probably restrict things by relationship level, but that would result in a lot less marriages, I think.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,092 Member
    So the fact they no longer appear in each other’s relationships panel is likely because of relationship culling. But the not a valid spouse thing still confuses me.

    Sounds as if they were both married to some other Sim! I don't fuss a lot with MCCC's settings myself. I do hope this wasn't something automatic with the mod. I have used it for a good couple of years, now, and never run into such a fiasco. Best of luck straightening things out again. I really dislike it when either the game or a mod starts dictating to me how to play the game. Thank you, no thank you. (I make enough mistakes all on my own, I don't need help. LOL)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,939 Member
    I'm not hugely bothered by it, it just seems a little odd. And yeah, Emilia Ernest and Darrel Charm always seem to end up married to other Sims. Emilia recently married someone, I'm not sure who now, and Darrel recently married Lilith Pleasant. No-one seems to get married until adulthood, which I think is a default setting (random marriages not happening until the Sims are adults). I'll have to tweak that, I think, so that they can get married in young adulthood too.

    I don't normally change the MCCC settings much either, because it's quite a complicated mod and I don't want to mess things up by mistake. I do allow pregnant Sims to age, because that always irritated me when I played vanilla, the fact that a young adult couple would start off the same age (e.g., 24 days till young adulthood) and then one pregnancy would mean the woman stayed on 24 days left for the duration, whilst the man ended up with 21 days. Since I like playing big-ish families, there would often be a large age discrepancy between the couple. So when I first downloaded MCCC, allowing pregnant Sims to age was the first setting I changed.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,691 Member
    MCCC 2023.4.1 is cleared for use with patch v.1.99.305, released AUG 03, 2023.

    There have been no errors reported so far after that EA update.
    Everything seems to work as expected.

    General download link for all MCCC modules, most recent versions and legacy v6.6.0:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

    Curseforge MCCC project page:
    https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/mods/mc-command-center
    Updated files may appear later than announced on Curseforge because of their approval process.

    You might also have a look at @luthienrising's post regarding broken mods and CC:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1009959/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-2023-horse-ranch-patch/p1

    Tips and tricks to manage the EA App:
    If you have any questions please ask
    or visit our Discord MCCC Server

    ☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

    #MCCC #Patch #Update
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,092 Member
    Thanks @Bonxie
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited August 2023
    Edit: I figured out the issue. I had the lifespan set to normal in the gameplay settings but was editing the long lifespan in MCCC. Changing the gameplay setting to long fixed it.

    I am unable to adjust the lifespan of most of my saves for some reason. The only one I can change is the save I created to test Horse Ranch when it came out. For all the others, which are older saves, I can change the number of days in the MCCC settings on a computer, and it will save whatever I input, but even after restarting the game, it never actually updates the lifespan for my sims. When I hover over the number of days they have left, it still shows the previous number. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,939 Member
    I'm playing a different save to the one I mentioned above, and this time I made sure Darrel Charm and Emilia Ernest got married :D:D Lucia and Mateo Markovic still aren't "valid" partners for each other, apparently. Heaven knows why.
  • FacellaFacella Posts: 22 Member
    MCCC doesn't work in my game at all. I have the latest version and I've tried playing with only MCCC and no other mods or CC. It's still not working, when I'm in game it's just not there. There are no sub folders and other mods are working. Since there is one other mod I'm having issues with, I'm wondering if I accidentally deleted sth I shouldn't have when trying to get the game to start the other day. Could it be because I deleted localthumbcache.package? It's the only thing I changed since the last time it worked.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,462 Member
    Facella wrote: »
    MCCC doesn't work in my game at all. I have the latest version and I've tried playing with only MCCC and no other mods or CC. It's still not working, when I'm in game it's just not there. There are no sub folders and other mods are working. Since there is one other mod I'm having issues with, I'm wondering if I accidentally deleted sth I shouldn't have when trying to get the game to start the other day. Could it be because I deleted localthumbcache.package? It's the only thing I changed since the last time it worked.

    Have a look at this trouble-shooting page by Deaderpool. Deleting the localthumbcache.package shouldn't make any difference to the functioning of mods.

    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited August 2023
    @Facella When you say it's not there when you play, do you mean it doesn't show up in the pie menu when you click on sims or computers? Do you get the pop up when you first load a save that says what version of the mod you're using? Do you have mods/script mods turned on in settings?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • FacellaFacella Posts: 22 Member
    @Facella When you say it's not there when you play, do you mean it doesn't show up in the pie menu when you click on sims or computers? Do you get the pop up when you first load a save that says what version of the mod you're using? Do you have mods/script mods turned on in settings?

    No pop-up at the beginning of the game and no options in the pie menu on sims/mailboxes/computers. I do have the settings on, I have a bunch of cc and the Smarter Pie Menu mod, which work fine. I also have issues with Meaningful Stories (it's in the game, but the moodlet description is blank), so I really think there's a bigger issue here. Everything worked fine until a few days ago, when the game just didn't launch at all and I had to force the EA app to update.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,691 Member
    edited August 2023
    Facella wrote: »
    No pop-up at the beginning of the game and no options in the pie menu on sims/mailboxes/computers. I do have the settings on, I have a bunch of cc and the Smarter Pie Menu mod, which work fine. I also have issues with Meaningful Stories (it's in the game, but the moodlet description is blank), so I really think there's a bigger issue here. Everything worked fine until a few days ago, when the game just didn't launch at all and I had to force the EA app to update.

    Did you try the suggestions from the MCCC trouble-shooting page as already suggested by @loubyloulou ?

    Please come over to our Discord to discuss this issue online and in real time. Post ping-pong will get us nowhere. Thanks.
    Use this invitation: https://discord.gg/mccc
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 1,976 Member
    edited August 2023
    Is this a bug with 'set days in age span'? I want to bring a teens birthday forward and when i type a number greater than 159 it ages them down instead of up.

    The number 159 is what appears already when i click on 'set age in current life span'

    weAV1lz.png
    Post edited by Brd709 on
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,092 Member
    Is there actually a setting to allow a Teen to do the same jobs as an adult? I vaguely recall one from a while ago. Also, I would need a step-by-step path to it. Please and thank you, in advance. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,939 Member
    I recently used MCCC to blacklist a couple of traits that came with a mod I downloaded. Does the blacklisting apply to all saves or just the one I was playing when I did the blacklisting?
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,691 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Is this a bug with 'set days in age span'? I want to bring a teens birthday forward and when i type a number greater than 159 it ages them down instead of up.

    The number 159 is what appears already when i click on 'set age in current life span'

    weAV1lz.png

    This is what DP will change in 2023.5:

    Updated the Set Age Span dialogs for all ages so the “Default” value is always zero, which always uses EA’s current value (even if they change it sometime in the future). Before, the text said that zero was the default, but users could not set the value back to zero if it was changed to something else because the minimum value accepted by the dialog was 1.

    I never change agespans, aging in my game is always off, so I'm not sure whether this answers your question.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,691 Member
    Is there actually a setting to allow a Teen to do the same jobs as an adult? I vaguely recall one from a while ago. Also, I would need a step-by-step path to it. Please and thank you, in advance. :)

    No, as far as I know there is no option like this in MCCC. You also asked on the MCCC discord, right? The only career related thing you can do is to let teens quit school.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,691 Member
    edited August 2023
    I recently used MCCC to blacklist a couple of traits that came with a mod I downloaded. Does the blacklisting apply to all saves or just the one I was playing when I did the blacklisting?

    As long as you don't change your sims 4 mod folder your MCCC settings are valid for all saves in your game. All your setting are stored in the the mc_settings.cfg file at that mod folder location where your MCCC files are located.

    Excluded traits only apply to randomly generated Sims or Sims that are aging-up and gaining new traits. It does not apply retroactively to existing Sims in the world who already have the excluded traits. It also will not apply to Sims created through Testing/Debug Cheats to generate a Sim. If a Sim is imported from the player's library, it also will not apply as imported Sims will include the traits they were saved with. Excluded traits will not be removed from Sims filling roles that require the excluded trait for their role.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 1,976 Member
    edited August 2023
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Is this a bug with 'set days in age span'? I want to bring a teens birthday forward and when i type a number greater than 159 it ages them down instead of up.

    The number 159 is what appears already when i click on 'set age in current life span'

    weAV1lz.png

    This is what DP will change in 2023.5:

    Updated the Set Age Span dialogs for all ages so the “Default” value is always zero, which always uses EA’s current value (even if they change it sometime in the future). Before, the text said that zero was the default, but users could not set the value back to zero if it was changed to something else because the minimum value accepted by the dialog was 1.

    I never change agespans, aging in my game is always off, so I'm not sure whether this answers your question.


    Thank you! Currently any number i type in that box doesn't age them up fully. So hopefully this is fixed in the next release.
    Post edited by Brd709 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top