Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @cbow87 @GalacticGal - if you have your game set on long lifespan, the multiplier is by 4, if you do custom ages. In my game, I have my settings on long lifespan. & my Baby is 1 which translates to 4 days in game, toddler at 4, which is 16 days, 8 for child, which is 32 days, etc, So whatever you set your custom age on, just know it'll multiply it by 4 if you're playing on Long.

Hope that helps :smile:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    @cbow87 @GalacticGal - if you have your game set on long lifespan, the multiplier is by 4, if you do custom ages. In my game, I have my settings on long lifespan. & my Baby is 1 which translates to 4 days in game, toddler at 4, which is 16 days, 8 for child, which is 32 days, etc, So whatever you set your custom age on, just know it'll multiply it by 4 if you're playing on Long.

Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you so much for the helping hand!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • cbow87cbow87 Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="Sha2520032003;c-17336589"]@cbow87 @GalacticGal - if you have your game set on long lifespan, the multiplier is by 4, if you do custom ages. In my game, I have my settings on long lifespan. & my Baby is 1 which translates to 4 days in game, toddler at 4, which is 16 days, 8 for child, which is 32 days, etc, So whatever you set your custom age on, just know it'll multiply it by 4 if you're playing on Long.

Hope that helps :smile: [/quote]

Thanks to all of y’all.
    That’s exactly what happened... and I was trying to make a lifespan that was kind of between normal and long - so you can guess the expression on my face when I saw “229 days” or whatever it said... 😂😂.
    I was worried that when I restarted my game, that some of my sims would age up because of the shorter lifespans I set, but it doesn’t seem to work that way. All of my sims (except my toddler) have the same amounts of days left and the same birthdays as they did before I altered the lifespans, so it seems that the days must be taken off the beginning of the current life stage and not the end, and I’m guessing that happens so we don’t have a bunch of sims aging up at the same time and ruining our stories - which is perfect! 😊
    @GalacticGal
    See, the only time I can manually age my sims is when it’s actually their birthdays.
    Before I knew that MCCC had the ability to customize lifespans, I thought about just turning aging off and manually aging them when I was “ready”, and I couldn’t bring myself to do it. For lack of a better word... it makes me feel funny to age them outside of their birthdays. Like I’m betraying them or something. Idk, it’s weird and I can’t explain it correctly... lol.
    This is the first Sims game where I am actually trying to build multiple generations - I love the toddler/child stages in this game whereas I hated them in other iterations. I’m also a huge fan of the genetics in this iteration... my teen sibling sisters (not twins) look like each other but NOT the same - the older one resembles her father more whereas the younger one looks more like her mother.
    Anyway, sorry I know I strayed off topic... but yes as everyone else has stated, the only way your lifespan numbers will be equal to what you input into MCCC is if your EA span is set to “normal”. Took me about 3 game restarts and putting the mod in and back out of my folder a couple times to figure that out... LOL. 😊
    cbow87 wrote: »
    @GalacticGal
    See, the only time I can manually age my sims is when it’s actually their birthdays.
    Before I knew that MCCC had the ability to customize lifespans, I thought about just turning aging off and manually aging them when I was “ready”, and I couldn’t bring myself to do it. For lack of a better word... it makes me feel funny to age them outside of their birthdays. Like I’m betraying them or something. Idk, it’s weird and I can’t explain it correctly... lol.
    This is the first Sims game where I am actually trying to build multiple generations - I love the toddler/child stages in this game whereas I hated them in other iterations. I’m also a huge fan of the genetics in this iteration... my teen sibling sisters (not twins) look like each other but NOT the same - the older one resembles her father more whereas the younger one looks more like her mother.
    Anyway, sorry I know I strayed off topic... but yes as everyone else has stated, the only way your lifespan numbers will be equal to what you input into MCCC is if your EA span is set to “normal”. Took me about 3 game restarts and putting the mod in and back out of my folder a couple times to figure that out... LOL. 😊

So you must know by rote how long each stage of life lasts? Or do you mean you just allow them to age up without your having engineered it? I made the mistake once, when playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, to not at least have a Sim bake a cake for their younger brother. Their parents had deceased — both on the same day! Poor Simmie walked around totally bummed out because his birthday was forgotten. He aged up without my help and practically without notice. You see, I haven't committed the number of days to memory. During that Challenge you had to play on Normal without the use of mods or most cheats. It's a great challenge.

Now, I just play on Long, and when I'm ready I age them up. Sometimes I even throw them a birthday party. Other times, I may simply make it a family celebration. (Anything to keep from making the Sim unbearably sad for being forgotten.) Still other times I use MCCC to set their age. (This doesn't upset the Sim in the least.) At first I thought your explanation was tying yourself to the "birthday" placed on the Seasons calendar at random, which would be fine, I suppose. When I play my ancestral game save, that wouldn't work too well. I'm also a Genealogist and I know the birth dates of most of the ancestors I'm playing. John was born in September, that's in the Fall. To age him up in any other season would just be — wrong. So, in a manner of speaking, I understand what you're saying. In Sims3, since I personally set the number of days for each stage of life baby through teen (I maxed out the last three stages), I was totally content to let them age up on their own.

Kudos for you for figuring out how to get MCCC to work on the lifespan issues. I just gave up after a few attempts and even when the newer versions came forth. I simply shrugged and told myself how I was playing was perfectly fine. I didn't need to change it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @GalacticGal
    I actually googled the life stage lengths for each EA setting and wrote them down. There’s a chart on one of the fandom sites, for each of the iterations in the series. I have a little notepad, and I actually write down a LOT of notes for all of my sims + their families... plans for future spouses and careers, plans for where they’ll live and retire, name ideas, I even keep a stock/inventory list for my bakery. 😂
    As for their birthdays, I DO follow the seasons calendar. If I don’t age them up on that particular day, it happens on its own within a couple of days... and before I knew it worked that way - I ended up with a “you forgot about me” sim when my toddler aged up on her own with no party or anything. So now to avoid that - when it says it’s their birthday on the calendar, they get a cake (and maybe a party) and I age them up.
    I get what you’re saying about the random birthdays... if a sim is born in the summer, it is indeed strange for their “birthday” to end up in the fall or winter. I totally get why you or anyone else would keep sims’ birthdays true to the original season in which they were born... for me though, I just feel odd when I age them before or after their “birthday” on the calendar... LOL I don’t know why. It’s strange because I don’t even get attached to these sims like I did my TS2 sims, I couldn’t play with aging on whatsoever back then and I played the same sims forever on a loop.
    So... because I can’t seem to bring myself to forcibly age them if it’s not “time”, I had to come to a compromise. The normal length is too short for me - it’s rushed, and there’s hardly any time to form familial relationships, let alone friends and be able to go out and socialize, etc. Long is “too” long - the family I’m playing at the moment both had their careers maxed during the YA stage, so now as adults they have nothing to do. They just had another baby (now a toddler) to give them something to do besides work and walk the dog, and to carry on the family name (she ate carrots and listened to alternative non-stop while she was pregnant), as their first two kids are girls.
    I still haven’t dove into University yet, or even Strangerville... and I still haven’t played the doctor or scientist active careers because I’m impatiently waiting for all my teens to finally age up.
    How you play IS perfectly fine. That’s the true wonder of this game... we all have our different ways of playing and all are perfectly fine! I’m probably in the minority that keeps autonomy completely OFF, I can’t stand to have them doing random things. I’m a control freak! 😂
  • Sigh234Sigh234 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey. After downloading MCCC and setting everything accordingly, now my sims can’t “Ask to be boyfriend” or “Propose”. And I’m not sure which specific setting caused this. So I want to reset everything. How do info about it please, resetting all my MC commands I mean
    @GalacticGal
    I actually googled the life stage lengths for each EA setting and wrote them down. There’s a chart on one of the fandom sites, for each of the iterations in the series. I have a little notepad, and I actually write down a LOT of notes for all of my sims + their families... plans for future spouses and careers, plans for where they’ll live and retire, name ideas, I even keep a stock/inventory list for my bakery. 😂
    As for their birthdays, I DO follow the seasons calendar. If I don’t age them up on that particular day, it happens on its own within a couple of days... and before I knew it worked that way - I ended up with a “you forgot about me” sim when my toddler aged up on her own with no party or anything. So now to avoid that - when it says it’s their birthday on the calendar, they get a cake (and maybe a party) and I age them up.
    I get what you’re saying about the random birthdays... if a sim is born in the summer, it is indeed strange for their “birthday” to end up in the fall or winter. I totally get why you or anyone else would keep sims’ birthdays true to the original season in which they were born... for me though, I just feel odd when I age them before or after their “birthday” on the calendar... LOL I don’t know why. It’s strange because I don’t even get attached to these sims like I did my TS2 sims, I couldn’t play with aging on whatsoever back then and I played the same sims forever on a loop.
    So... because I can’t seem to bring myself to forcibly age them if it’s not “time”, I had to come to a compromise. The normal length is too short for me - it’s rushed, and there’s hardly any time to form familial relationships, let alone friends and be able to go out and socialize, etc. Long is “too” long - the family I’m playing at the moment both had their careers maxed during the YA stage, so now as adults they have nothing to do. They just had another baby (now a toddler) to give them something to do besides work and walk the dog, and to carry on the family name (she ate carrots and listened to alternative non-stop while she was pregnant), as their first two kids are girls.
    I still haven’t dove into University yet, or even Strangerville... and I still haven’t played the doctor or scientist active careers because I’m impatiently waiting for all my teens to finally age up.
    How you play IS perfectly fine. That’s the true wonder of this game... we all have our different ways of playing and all are perfectly fine! I’m probably in the minority that keeps autonomy completely OFF, I can’t stand to have them doing random things. I’m a control freak! 😂

I totally appreciate your kind words. I, too, have often told others that there is no right or wrong way to play this game that it IS up to each player. As for leaving off autonomy. I did that when I first started to play Sims2. This was back when I was pretty much a gaming virgin, if you will. My grown daughter is the one who introduced me to it and had me sit down and create a Sim in CAS, then guided me through a bit of gameplay. I still heed her advice that the pause button is your friend. But, sadly, due to having autonomy shut off I missed out on some of the fun things the Sims themselves would do. I never once saw one swing on the door of the fridge, for instance. I know there are other things of that nature that my mind won't share with me at this moment, but I have learned to play my own way. I was grateful to Twallen (NRaas, Ind.) for the mod that allowed us to slow time down in Sims3, without it acting all wonky. This gave my Cantrell family time to jam together after work and school. I do wish for the instruments from that game to return to Sims4. Aaron used to play the drums like nobody's business. Joey played the bass, Erik on guitar, of course, and their father on the piano. It was wildly fun.

For myself, if the date on the calendar is off I will simply create and enter a birthday party for the next Sim. With my Cantrell family I just age them up in their birth order. In my head Brianna was born on 23 Jan. 2366. Yes, they are in the Future. This is why I like to play on Long. I don't run into a problem with them aging up on or before the 'noted' date the game generates. (This is where MY controlling nature kicks in, big time.)

I tried to use the Jungle GP for a mission but there simply isn't a way to control the entire Landing Party with any satisfaction. When Strangerville came out I was ecstatic. And, I've played the scenario twice through but long enough apart that I didn't recall all of the steps it takes to solve the mystery. Brianna, a First Lieutenant in Starfleet, led the party through this mission, since she is the A & A Officer. (Anthropology and Archaeology.) I use the Jungle GP to help her toward her aspiration.

I'm taking things slow this go-around. Uni, while I did like many of the concepts did become a bit of a grind come the fifth term. The only thing that held me glued to it was the mod I had to remove. Brianna got kidnapped and I have since learned this mod (which is great on the whole) is on the buggy side. No wonder there never seemed to be any kind of resolution. I was stuck. And once I used the Summon Sim MCCC command and added her to the family via the game cheat, my game broke. The UI disappeared. This is why I simply had to start again. I deleted the saves folder, replaced it with an empty one and here I am.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Sigh234 wrote: »
    Hey. After downloading MCCC and setting everything accordingly, now my sims can’t “Ask to be boyfriend” or “Propose”. And I’m not sure which specific setting caused this. So I want to reset everything. How do info about it please, resetting all my MC commands I mean
    Just find the mc_sttings.cfg file in your mods folder and delete it, also delete the localthumbcache in your Sims4 folder. Both of those files will be regenerated once you start up your game and you can start fresh with MCCC.
  • PayBear33PayBear33 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey so the reason I downloaded mccc is because I was told it helps make my game realistic, like it lets my npc's have lives, get married, have kids, etc. It worked just fine for a while but now I'm having an issue with npc pregnancy. They get pregnant like normal and progress through the trimesters but when it's time for them to give birth they just... don't? They get stuck at 'in labour' and never actually have the kids. This does not happen with my active families though. Also sometimes, when one woman is in labour she'll come to my active house and knock on the door, groan a little bit and hold her stomach like they all do when they're in labour and then leave. If I see her a couple sim days later she's still pregnant. How do I fix this?
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    That's happened in my game too, but only since I enabled "Pause on playable labour". This means I can't see how "Rename non-active offspring" works. :/
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    @GalacticGal
    YIKES! I’m so sorry that happened to you. I can’t imagine having to completely restart. That would make me want to never play again, honestly.
    I recently had an “accident”, it happened over the summer during a patch. I had been playing IL for some time, completely restored Mua Pel’am, had my island girl almost to the top of the conservation career... I was pretty deep into IL with her and then I forgot to enable CC/mods after a patch - and sadly I loaded into her household. I thought it would just effect her and not the others because I hadn’t loaded them, and imagine my shock when everyone was walking around bald, topless, pantsless, etc. I was devastated. I went into one of my other households and started “fixing” everyone... but with 5 outfits for each category in a family of 5, it was taking FOREVER... and that was just ONE family.
    I stopped playing for months. Then I realized... I had a back-up of some older saves on my desktop. So I put them back into my saves folder and loaded up the game.
    I must have made that backup right before installing IL, because Sulani was vanilla - my restaurant was gone, the changes I made to the homes and bar were gone... thankfully I remembered to save all those lots to the gallery before I rolled back. I lost a few in-game seasons of play, and I had to fix my island girl... I’ve yet to play with her again and redo her career - but I’d rather replay those few seasons with her vs fix EVERYONE in the game... that would have taken me literal months to do.
    So yeah... I can’t imagine losing everything and having to start completely over. I’m so sorry! 😏
    @GalacticGal
    YIKES! I’m so sorry that happened to you. I can’t imagine having to completely restart. That would make me want to never play again, honestly.
    I recently had an “accident”, it happened over the summer during a patch. I had been playing IL for some time, completely restored Mua Pel’am, had my island girl almost to the top of the conservation career... I was pretty deep into IL with her and then I forgot to enable CC/mods after a patch - and sadly I loaded into her household. I thought it would just effect her and not the others because I hadn’t loaded them, and imagine my shock when everyone was walking around bald, topless, pantsless, etc. I was devastated. I went into one of my other households and started “fixing” everyone... but with 5 outfits for each category in a family of 5, it was taking FOREVER... and that was just ONE family.
    I stopped playing for months. Then I realized... I had a back-up of some older saves on my desktop. So I put them back into my saves folder and loaded up the game.
    I must have made that backup right before installing IL, because Sulani was vanilla - my restaurant was gone, the changes I made to the homes and bar were gone... thankfully I remembered to save all those lots to the gallery before I rolled back. I lost a few in-game seasons of play, and I had to fix my island girl... I’ve yet to play with her again and redo her career - but I’d rather replay those few seasons with her vs fix EVERYONE in the game... that would have taken me literal months to do.
    So yeah... I can’t imagine losing everything and having to start completely over. I’m so sorry! 😏

Ooh, I think I may have a backup game save. I have a tendency to back up the entire Sims 4 game folder prior to patching. I suppose it won't hurt too much if I take them back to the Spring and go forward from there. (I started them in the Spring.) I'm just worried that my Sim, himself, is corrupted. That's what happened right after IL came out. MCCC was fine, so I foolishly reinstalled Road to Fame. Turns out there was a newer version I was totally unaware of and it borked my game save, and my potential celebrity Sim at the same time. That's what makes me wonder when I saved this copy of the family to My Library? Erik couldn't perform live concerts after the IL debacle (self-created, I admit). The fact that he can't again is haunting to say the least. I'm also troubled about the most unusual trait he bears. This is from the Life's Tragedies mod, I'm certain.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited December 2019
    Regarding today's Sims 4 patch (PC: 1.59.73.1020 / Mac: 1.59.73.1220)
    there seems to be no issues with the current MCCC Version 6.6.3

There have been no errors posted after that EA update. It looks like mostly bug fixes so everything is working as expected.

Please make sure, that you use the latest MCCC Version 6.6.3.
    The older versions will certainly not work with the new patch.

Download the latest MCCC from:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-3-31900928 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Thanks, @Bonxie!
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited December 2019
    Meanwhile also confirmed by @Deaderpool:
    Deaderpool wrote:

Today's EA Update and MCCC

Today’s update from EA does not require an additional update from MCCC for compatibility.

6.6.3 still works fine with it. No breaking script changes were introduced. As with any EA update, if you’re getting errors or have support questions, you need to go to our Discord server for help.

Attention: TS4 Legacy Players should keep MCCC version 6.6.0!
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi, I'm brand new to using MCC and I have a problem...... I have MCCC 663 (Never used it before)

1) I want to set Sims mood to be neutral (not constantly grinning from Happy Mood);
    2) I want that mood to not decay or change up or down (if that is even possible).

I'm at a Community Lot and click the mailbox and select MC Cheats. But I can't find any options to "Change Sims Mood".
    I have also just noticed the MC Command Center option on left-clicking the Sim. But still no option to "Change Sims Mood"

The website suggests it is there, but it is not
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_cheats

Please help....
  • rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    Okay looks like I found it under left-click Sim:

MC Command Center / MC Cheats / Cheat Sim Info / Mood Buff Controls

And then it's really a whole mess around with Remove Buff and Remove All Buffs and also Cheat Emotional Intensity.

It's far from a perfect science and solution. And the Lock All Motive Decay just doesn't work in the way I want it to (Sims still change up to Happy from Fine).

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited December 2019
    rosenero10 wrote: »
    Okay looks like I found it under left-click Sim:

MC Command Center / MC Cheats / Cheat Sim Info / Mood Buff Controls

And then it's really a whole mess around with Remove Buff and Remove All Buffs and also Cheat Emotional Intensity.

It's far from a perfect science and solution. And the Lock All Motive Decay just doesn't work in the way I want it to (Sims still change up to Happy from Fine).

MCCC can change a mood temporarily using the settings you've identified above, but that's never been one of its main functions. To really change up Sims' emotions (and lessen that annoying happy mood all the time) I suggest you have a look at Roburky's excellent mods:

https://www.patreon.com/roburky

Personally I use 'No Happy Environment' and 'True Happiness'; a lot of people use 'Meaningful Stories' to control mood too.
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    hello
    i would like you to help me..
    i have two elder "immortal" sims that i want them to die - and when they die, after the grim reaper comes and leaves, they are ''dead'' and there are tombstone or urn, but in the relationships panel they are shown as alive sims and if i invite them over they come as usual. I tried to kill them with mc command (maintain--->kill) and it also didn't work. I am really frustrated, its necessary for my storyline :(
    they don't have any flags or something like that.
    anything i did didn't help or solve it.
    What should i do?
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    is there an option to change babies last name to father's instead of mother's?

I don't think so if the mother and father have different surnames. This is what it says on his website which explains all the settings:
    MC Pregnancy > Pregnancy_SyncChildSurname: If enabled, when a child is adopted through MC Pregnancy or their parent marries another Sims through the random marriage process, their last name will be synced with the parents. There are some rules to this: 1) If it's an adoption and the 'Rename Non-Active Adoptions' setting is used and is valid for the child, then automatic renaming won't happen as the player has chosen to use manual renaming instead. Also, both parents have to already have the same surname or no rename will occur. 2) If it's a marriage, the renaming only happens if: the parents move into the same household as a result of the marriage and the child lives in the same household, and the parents both end-up with the same last name based on MC Marriage last name rules.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top