Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,461 Member
    I've had a problem in my game since I patched today. Another player suggested it could be a mod. Has MCCC shown any problems? It's not worth my time and energy to roll back a game save to avert the slight disaster, if it's a mod. Please, and thank you, in advance. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2019
    Regarding today's Sims 4 patch (PC: 1.58.69.1010 / Mac: 1.58.69.1210)
    there seems to be no issues with the current MCCC Version 6.6.2

There have been no errors posted after that EA update. It looks like mostly bug fixes so everything is working as expected.

Please make sure, that you use the latest MCCC Version 6.6.2.
    The older versions will certainly not work with the new patch.

Download the latest MCCC from:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-2-31548706 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Regarding today's Sims 4 patch (PC: 1.58.69.1010 / Mac: 1.58.69.1210)
    there seems to be no issues with the current MCCC Version 6.6.2

There have been no errors posted after that EA update. It looks like mostly bug fixes so everything is working as expected.

Please make sure, you use the latest MCCC Version 6.6.2.
    The older versions will certainly not work with the new patch.

Download the latest MCCC from:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update

I have since discovered the error. Egg all over my face, I was clicking on the computer instead of their workbook. Do I feel dumb or what. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • watchoutalienwatchoutalien Posts: 3 New Member
    > @loubyloulou said:
    > @watchoutalien, not all LEs are caused by mods, particularly when the game is as buggy as it is at the moment. Looks like this one is to do with the whim system, which is currently bugged. Nothing to be done except hope it gets fixed in a patch.
    >
    > In future, best to post LEs over on the MCCC Discord as they have more experience 'reading' them.

thank you for your help!i wish i could use discord but i'm not familiar with the website and it confuse me a little,but it seems useful and fun so i'll definitely be looking into it.
  • watchoutalienwatchoutalien Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'remove_score_multiplier'* Does any sim in your game have the child of father winter trait?
    > * Do you use the townie mods from AKLsimmer, bienchen or Paulson?
    >
    >
    > We've seen the issue with both possible causes. If you get that LE even with removed mods folder, number 1 is probably the best guess, because it's a EA feature.
    >
    > Solution Option 1: Remove the trait from every sims who owns it.
    > Solution Option 2: Check for updates at bienchen ("Townie Overhaul") or Paulson ("NPCC"). If you use AKLsimmer's townie mod, remove it. It's broken and no longer maintained.

thank you for your reply!and in my game both 1 and 2 yes.the mods have been updated as soon as there is an update though.and i recently have a sim delivered father winter's baby so it must be the issue.i wonder is this a bug?am i not be able to play with father winter's children any more?not that it's a big deal for me,just wondering.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'remove_score_multiplier'* Does any sim in your game have the child of father winter trait?
    > * Do you use the townie mods from AKLsimmer, bienchen or Paulson?
    >
    >
    > We've seen the issue with both possible causes. If you get that LE even with removed mods folder, number 1 is probably the best guess, because it's a EA feature.
    >
    > Solution Option 1: Remove the trait from every sims who owns it.
    > Solution Option 2: Check for updates at bienchen ("Townie Overhaul") or Paulson ("NPCC"). If you use AKLsimmer's townie mod, remove it. It's broken and no longer maintained.

thank you for your reply!and in my game both 1 and 2 yes.the mods have been updated as soon as there is an update though.and i recently have a sim delivered father winter's baby so it must be the issue.i wonder is this a bug?am i not be able to play with father winter's children any more?not that it's a big deal for me,just wondering.

Yes it's a pretty old bug. Doesn't seem like we'll get a fix anytime soon, which is a bummer. I had wanted to see if I could have a sim have Father Winter's baby, but I don't want to deal with the bug.
    image.png
    edited November 2019
    MC Command Center Hotfix 6.6.3 is out!
    deaderpool wrote:

The third (and final) hotfix after EA's University update of Sims 4 is ready. This is version covers all known bugs from that update.

Below is the list of fixes:
    • Fixed an issue where Elder Sims would throw an error when trying to open the MCCC Dialog on them due to a function rename that happened with EA's update.
    • Fixed an issue with the dialog that I use to display some lists in the game, like the Buff list for adding/removing a buff, as EA added new attributes to the dialogs in this update.
    • Fixed an issue with the dialog that I use to display lists of Sims in the game as EA added new attributes to the dialogs in this update.
    • Fixed an issue with the dialog that I use to display lists of drinks in the game for "Select Favorite Drink" as EA added new attributes to the dialogs in this update.
    • Personality traits dialog throws error
    • Makeup cleaning throws error on occult Sims
    • Career cheating to add vacation time throws an error.
    • Killing a Sim off-lot can cause an error.
    • Fixed issue with the dialog for renaming adopted NPC children for random pregnancies that was generating an error instead of displaying the dialog.
    • Fixed an error that could happen when going to the bar if certain bar night situations are turned-off.
    • Sometimes a pregnancy with an occult Sim would cause an error because both of the parents are not being passed to the functions correctly. I don't really know the cause of this as people that have had it happen have never provided me saves to reproduce it and I've never seen it myself. For now, I just added some defensive coding so the MC Occult code will do nothing in those cases for Custom Pregnancies. A warning notification will still show-up in player's games and a message will be added to the log file, but the pregnancy should complete as normal with EA's standard functionality. I can't do anything with Custom Pregnancies if the parents that I'm getting don't exist. I can't determine what their occult types are in that case...
    • Sometimes an opposite-sex relationship for NPC's would randomly cause the male in the relationship to be pregnant if the Male Pregnancy settings were set to "Same Sex Only". This was due to the way MCCC handles significant other relationships in pregnancy and marriage code, which bypasses a lot of tests since they're already in a relationship. However, the Male Pregnancy setting should not have been bypassed. Thanks to all who helped me tracking this down with save files and settings! There were a lot of conditions that had to all fall-in-a-row to make it happen.
    • Made robots not show-up in the relationship dialogs or be eligible for MCCC-type random functionality like marriage and pregnancy. They also should not move into households and such. They also will not have many MCCC menus available on them since I'll have to decide what should or should not be applicable for them when I'm adding University functionality.

This has been tested to be working with (but does not require) GTW, OR, Get Together, Dine Out, City Life, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventures, Seasons, Get Famous, Strangeville, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Discover University and the patch released November 25, 2019 – PC: 1.58.69.1010 / Mac: 1.58.69.1210. It will also work with anything after that Sims 4 update unless otherwise specified on Tumblr/Patreon posts created after the update.

Earlier Sims 4 versions may not be compatible so we often do not support anything below the specified version here!

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-3-31900928 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • AlexaniaAlexania Posts: 19 Member
    I'm playing the 100 Baby Challenge with aging and MCCC aka my world is fairly chaotic.

I'm finding occasionally that people who are already married are getting remarried without getting divorced (at least, I'm not getting any divorce notifications).

I have affairs set to 0. I had relationship changes set to 0.

Is this expected and if it is, how can I turn it off? (Also, is there a way to turn on notifications for divorces / break ups?)
  • JBstar2bJBstar2b Posts: 3 New Member
    [b]Question[/b]

I'm playing a historical challenge in one of my saved games and want to start a new saved game for a different more modern challenge. I have MC Comand installed, in my new game file will all of my old historical game MC Comand settings transfer over or can you have different settings each game file?

I would hate to mess up my historical challenge settings, or for all of my townies to generate in medieval clothes in my modern challenge. Seems like it would be a pain.
    JBstar2b wrote: »
    Question

I'm playing a historical challenge in one of my saved games and want to start a new saved game for a different more modern challenge. I have MC Comand installed, in my new game file will all of my old historical game MC Comand settings transfer over or can you have different settings each game file?

I would hate to mess up my historical challenge settings, or for all of my townies to generate in medieval clothes in my modern challenge. Seems like it would be a pain.

You can have different settings for each save if you want. When you pull the historical setings file out MCCC will generate a new one next time you open the game. I have 3 separate settings files in thier own folders on my desktop so I know which is which and can switch them out as needed.
    image.png
    Alexania wrote: »
    I'm playing the 100 Baby Challenge with aging and MCCC aka my world is fairly chaotic.

I'm finding occasionally that people who are already married are getting remarried without getting divorced (at least, I'm not getting any divorce notifications).

I have affairs set to 0. I had relationship changes set to 0.

Is this expected and if it is, how can I turn it off? (Also, is there a way to turn on notifications for divorces / break ups?)

I haven't heard of that issue, so you might come over to our MCCC discord. There are more people in support so the chance is higher that they have some experience with this.

Regarding Divorce notifications, try this setting:
    Computer:MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings > MC Pregnancy Notifications > Show Relationship Changes
    It allows choosing specifically which Sims you want to see the notifications about any relationship changes that happen as a result of the scheduled process. It can be set to none, all, related Sims, active Sims only, played Sims, etc. The default is 'None'. As a note, if logging is enabled, a couple of details will be logged to the mc_cmd_center.log file when the relationship change process runs as well, no matter the setting value.
  • JBstar2bJBstar2b Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="SimTresa;c-17332753"][quote="JBstar2b;c-17332705"][b]Question[/b]

I would hate to mess up my historical challenge settings, or for all of my townies to generate in medieval clothes in my modern challenge. Seems like it would be a pain.[/quote]

You can have different settings for each save if you want. When you pull the historical setings file out MCCC will generate a new one next time you open the game. I have 3 separate settings files in thier own folders on my desktop so I know which is which and can switch them out as needed. [/quote]

That's amazing how can I pull the files?
    edited December 2019
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Question

You can have different settings for each save if you want. When you pull the historical setings file out MCCC will generate a new one next time you open the game. I have 3 separate settings files in thier own folders on my desktop so I know which is which and can switch them out as needed.

That's amazing how can I pull the files?

Just find the mc_sttings.cfg file and drag it out onto your desktop.
    image.png
  • serysery Posts: 2 New Member
    I had been having UI extension problem and Void face (floating mouth) and i tho fixed the floating mouth after updating my ea no lashes. It came back and i don't know how to fix it but i tried to uninstalled sims4 three times and repairing the game too. but it didn't work and i had been looking for solution for passed 3 days since it happen on November 30th for Void Face and December 2nd for UI extension glitch. https://imgur.com/a/uOiOJsu
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Okay, maybe I missed a setting or I just forgot or something, but I came back to a testing save tonight to find that my roommates house (I don't have DU, these were both played sims) had been split into two households and the sim who'd been moved out was marked as unplayed.

Now, I'd be willing to think I just forgot what I was doing with the household - it being a testing save, I don't develop a lot of attachment or concern to the households - except that the sim who'd been moved out was a SelfSim, and while I can see moving her out of the household to test something, it doesn't explain why she was unplayed, as if I was going to mark one of the roommates as unplayed, it would be the other sim.

Prior to this, the last time I'd played this save, I didn't touch the roommates houseold and was testing out Island Living/Sulani with a new household, and I played for about two sim weeks.

So, am I just forgetful or is it possible that MCCC split the household somehow? And if so, what do I have to flag to make it not happen again? (Don't care for this save, but if I ever go rotational, I don't want to be surprised when I get back.)
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Hi! So I just downloaded the MC main module and the MC WooHoo only. Basically trying to make a player character so I´m here for the "no strings woohoo". Found the setting without any trouble, activated, restarted game... and I can´t seem to be able to activate it through actual conversation? There is an "attempt to seduce" option that I don´t recognize, but it is getting rejected while also raising the pair´s romace bar which I thought avoiding that was the whole point? I´m probably doing a silly here and missing some important setting, aren´t I? X´D
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Very sorry for double post but it looks like I can´t edit my post?

Eeeeeeek! I´ve done even worse silly than I thought. Everything is alright now that... I actually exchanged her bed for a double bed. I... sorry. T.T
  • serysery Posts: 2 New Member
    > @sery said:
    > I had been having UI extension problem and Void face (floating mouth) and i tho fixed the floating mouth after updating my ea no lashes. It came back and i don't know how to fix it but i tried to uninstalled sims4 three times and repairing the game too. but it didn't work and i had been looking for solution for passed 3 days since it happen on November 30th for Void Face and December 2nd for UI extension glitch. https://imgur.com/a/uOiOJsu
    >

Actually nevermind, i found the solution for it and the problem was sims4 legacy causing.
  • cbow87cbow87 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello all 😊
    I’m a major MCCC newbie, I just downloaded it because I needed to decrease the skill gain in my game and I also liked the custom lifespan options.
    My default EA lifespan has always been set to long, fyi.
    I went into MCCC options and edited the lifespans as follows:
    Baby: 7
    Toddler: 17
    Child: 32
    Teen: 40
    YA: 68
    Adult: 82
    Elder: 40
    (Total of 286 sim days)
    It took me forever to come up with those numbers, lol I had to research the normal and long lengths and kind of decide on a number between the two EA spans.
    I also altered the pets lifespans accordingly so they’d match up more with my custom lifespan.
    I saved and restarted the game as instructed, and when I went back into the game... my age meters were all out of whack, saying “xx will age up in 189 days” and “xx will age up in 224 days” - WHAT?
    Is MCCC adding my custom numbers to the EA lifespan? I’m confused as to what happened, and I pulled it out of my mods folder for now... but I’d really like to be able to put it back in to utilize the slower skill gain the custom lifespans.
    Thanks for any help! 😊
  • cbow87cbow87 Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="cbow87;c-17335811"]Hello all 😊
    I’m a major MCCC newbie, I just downloaded it because I needed to decrease the skill gain in my game and I also liked the custom lifespan options.
    (Total of 286 sim days)
    It took me forever to come up with those numbers, lol I had to research the normal and long lengths and kind of decide on a number between the two EA spans.
    I also altered the pets lifespans accordingly so they’d match up more with my custom lifespan.
    I saved and restarted the game as instructed, and when I went back into the game... my age meters were all out of whack, saying “xx will age up in 189 days” and “xx will age up in 224 days” - WHAT?
    Is MCCC adding my custom numbers to the EA lifespan? I’m confused as to what happened, and I pulled it out of my mods folder for now... but I’d really like to be able to put it back in to utilize the slower skill gain the custom lifespans.
    Thanks for any help! 😊[/quote]

Never mind y’all. I think I figured it out.
    I went into the EA lifespan settings and changed it to normal, and then when I edited the lifespan lengths in MCCC, it seemed to work... I think.
    My toddler is only a day old and his age meter is showing that he’ll age up in 17 days.
    cbow87 wrote: »
    cbow87 wrote: »
    Hello all 😊
    (Total of 286 sim days)
    Thanks for any help! 😊

Never mind y’all. I think I figured it out.
    I went into the EA lifespan settings and changed it to normal, and then when I edited the lifespan lengths in MCCC, it seemed to work... I think.
    My toddler is only a day old and his age meter is showing that he’ll age up in 17 days.

Hey, thanks for that hint. I've never been able to utilize that setting, either. I also play on Long and then I just age up my Sims Teen and younger when I'm ready. :)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yeah, those numbers are for the Normal life span - if you try it on Long, it multiplies whatever you set the time by the long lifespan multiplier. I usually recommend that all custom lifespans are placed on Normal - even if you want 300 days!
    Yeah, those numbers are for the Normal life span - if you try it on Long, it multiplies whatever you set the time by the long lifespan multiplier. I usually recommend that all custom lifespans are placed on Normal - even if you want 300 days!

I've never even seen it multiplied. It has never actually worked at all in my game!
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    Very sorry for double post but it looks like I can´t edit my post?

@_Gina you can't edit posts until you become a member :) you have to have 50 points, an account that's over 1 day old (i think) and 30 posts... somebody please correct me if i'm wrong lol

tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member

I've never even seen it multiplied. It has never actually worked at all in my game!

That's strange. Usually, if you try to add days to the long lifespan, you get whatever you put in x whatever the multiplier is. Maybe you just got lucky and hit the right number for the current long lifespan? Try it on Normal, input how many days you want and see if it works. You do have to restart as well, I believe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top