Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: Traditional Family Challenge

Traditional Family Challenge:

Difficulty: Medium

Mods Allowed (Optional): Risky Woohoo, MC Controller (Only for Story Progression), No Vampires in Neighborhoods, Child and Toddler Death

This is not so much as a challenge as it is an extension to the normal sims 4, with some restrictions and guidelines that make it just a bit more fun or frustrating!

This family is nothing special. Middle-class, a good paying job with a traditional home, go to church every Sunday, very family-oriented... And even though they're so basic.. Sometimes life is a challenge.

Start:
Create a young adult girl, and a young adult boy. (Gay couples are allowed.) Make them husband and wife.
The first sim (female if traditional marriage) must have the master chef aspiration, as well as the neat trait. The other sim (male if traditional marriage) may have any aspiration other than mischief and mayhem aspirations. His traits will be family oriented and ambitious. The third trait for both of them can be decided by you. They may not have the evil trait, but everything else is alright.

Move them into an empty lot (30x20 or 40x30) in Newcrest or Willow Creek, in the middle class neighborhoods. Cheat to give them 70K simoleons.
Give them a house worth no more than 60K simoleans. They must be left with 10K + simoleons.

The house must have:
2+ Bedrooms (One child, one master.)
1+ Bathrooms.
Large kitchen.
Family room (Optional.)
Medium living room.
No more than 2 floors.
Medium backyard. (Half the lot.)
Computer not in a study.
4+ Skill building objects. (Other than the basic household things, such as computer and stove.)

Rules:

God Complex:
• You may NOT drag plates or items into the world, trash can, fridge, etc. They must all be placed or thrown away or washed by a sim.
• If a sim decides that they will not do something, you can't force them to do it again. Just make them do something else.
• If a sim can't get to something, wait 5 in-game minutes as if they moved it themselves, and then move it in build mode.

The first night of gameplay (traditional marriage) they must try for baby and the second sim (male if traditional) must get a job.

Gay couples must wait 3 days before adopting a baby as if they had to do a lot of paperwork.

Women:
• May not hold a job until they master one skill. (If gay couple, only applies to one sim.)
• May have any hobbies.
• Take care of the cooking and cleaning.
• If they are the ones to ask for woohoo, they must have been flirty when they asked.
• May not drink any beverages other than water and orange juice during pregnancy.
• Have to read a pregnancy book during pregnancy.
• Can't eat genders influencing fruits during pregnancy. (Apples, watermelon.)

Men:
• Must always work hard in their careers, Mondays and Fridays are exceptions.
• Must teach boy toddlers the movement skill.
• Must learn each skill necessary for job, and master them.
• Must always complete job daily task.
• Must frequently boast about family to male friends.
• May not woohoo with wife/husband until all moods are satisfied. If fun is down, and everything else is high, they are allowed to woohoo as well. Can't try for baby when fun is down.
• If he is hungry, only allowed to have a quick meal. He can ask his wife or husband to cook for him.
• He can only learn to cook level 5+ if his lifetime aspiration is master chef or master mixologist. However, this must apply to the son of the founder and lower. The founder can't have the other's aspiration.
• Mixology can be practiced without master mixologist aspiration, but it can never become his job.

Mom's Mid-Life Crisis: (Most Impact on Gameplay)
5 days through the adult stage in the mother's life, she must suffer a mid life crisis where she thinks she needs more. This results in a huge loss of money from her expenses, a divorce, as well as a death (any sim or child may die, it's not necessary to be in the household).

Continue playing the mom or dad, after the divorce. You may choose which you'd like to continue with. The mom takes the house and children.

(If you have MC Controller, turn on child support to spice things up!)

This is a WIP challenge, not complete yet!
Please give suggestions as to what I should add, or for any clarifications.

Comments

• gloriajean311985gloriajean311985 Posts: 3 New Member
    I started this challenge yesterday the only problem I have had with it is I was forced to turn on the cheats and reset my lady because after she had her twins she fainted got the Z from passing out and would not wake up for 2 sims days all of her needs stayed in the green but I couldn't wake her and there was no older females so the man had to take care of himself and the twins I have never had my game glitch out like that before
  • gloriajean311985gloriajean311985 Posts: 3 New Member
    Also my twins was born 2 different races do I leave it that way or is it okay to go in and change them to have the same race?