Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is alot of store items bad? will it make my game lag alot?

so i made a factory reset to my sims 3 game and i wanna know if i can install all of my store items without worrying about lag or reduced performance in the game? and yes i have alot of store content! thx for letting me know in advance.

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2017
    I am installing all of mine right now,new laptop.But before had it all never had lag all but 2 SPsAll ,Exps,All Sims 3 Store,All Store Worlds plus special content like bonus items it ran like butter.I play vanilla so have no CC in my game either or mods.

Feel your pain BTW :'( reinstalling store content,so much to keep track of and time consuming.I recommend you do a little at a time to avoid any items lost during trying to install 15 sets at once.Best to do a few sets or like 2 compilations at most at one time.

There is a old thread called own the store helps you DL store content without doubling up items.Having multiples of items can happen easily since the store has stuff mixed in various things
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    I am installing all of mine right now,new laptop.But before had it all never had lag all but 2 SPsAll ,Exps,All Sims 3 Store,All Store Worlds plus special content like bonus items it ran like butter.I play vanilla so have no CC in my game either or mods.

Feel your pain BTW :'( reinstalling store content,so much to keep track of and time consuming.I recommend you do a little at a time to avoid any items lost during trying to install 15 sets at once.Best to do a few sets or like 2 compilations at most at one time.

There is a old thread called own the store helps you DL store content without doubling up items.

Yeah installing store content is a pain xD @CravenLestat and thx for telling me it will not lag i was worried btw congrats on your new laptop :smile:
    Well of course the more hair clothing etc will slow CAS a bit especially if you own everything.Just the female overall outfit category alone has tons plus if you use Unlockoutfits thats a bit of clothing.

DfydFiZ.gif
    Good luck @adamzaid :s <---my face having to install it again. :# <--- yours after realizing how overwhelming it is.

DfydFiZ.gif

DfydFiZ.gif

I am going to see that later byt thx it might help me in Installing the content faster
    Well of course the more hair clothing etc will slow CAS a bit especially if you own everything.Just the female overall outfit category alone has tons plus if you use Unlockoutfits thats a bit of clothing.

Good to know but i know that as i did have alot of stuff installed before i dad the factory reset @CravenLestat my male clothes would take like 20 seconds to load XD and i had no cc! Just eps sps and store content
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 2017
    This can depend on the users computer but in most cases, the store collection shouldn't be enough to drain game performance unlike adding a pack. I prefer to avoid installing all of my content at once. Each save file has it's own Sims 3 folder and I only install what I'll use in that save. In return the launcher starts up much faster and finding things is much easier. I'm stuck on patch 1.69 so bypassing the launcher is not an option for me.

I always recommend backing up store stuff while you're at it. Like I said, I only install things as I need them. My store archive is quite handy.. I just plug in my flash drive and copy over whatever I need.

If you use mods, NRaas: Master Controller can display CAS items in compact form hiding extra presets. The presets become available again after selecting an item.
    Instructions:
    left-click sim NRaas > Master Controller > Settings > CAS > Show in Compact Form:... (true)
    to get into CAS via MC... left-click sim NRaas > Master Controller > Advanced > Edit in CAS
    to use this function via Edit Town mode, you will need the additional NRaas: Master Controller - Integration module.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have to say for personal experience, I thought that having a lot of store things and worlds is what made my game laggy. But I tested it out, installed all expansions and stuff packs, plus everything I have from the store, which is about 3/4 of all of it. For this test I removed all my mods. The game was super smooth, more than sims 4 in my case, which surprised me. Then I added my mods, which aren't that many, some nraas mods, lighting mods, some other ones... and the game was laggy again. So I found out that in my game having all expansions, stuff packs and store didn't have an impact in performance, what made my game laggy was solely my mods. I have an i5 3570, a GTX 980 and 8GB of ram. Also, something that super affected performance for me, even with only the base game and no mods, is the "high detail lots" option. With it set to 1-3 the game is fine, but more than that and it gets super laggy. It's the only graphics option that affects the performance for me personally, the rest is always maxed.
    I have to say for personal experience, I thought that having a lot of store things and worlds is what made my game laggy. But I tested it out, installed all expansions and stuff packs, plus everything I have from the store, which is about 3/4 of all of it. For this test I removed all my mods. The game was super smooth, more than sims 4 in my case, which surprised me. Then I added my mods, which aren't that many, some nraas mods, lighting mods, some other ones... and the game was laggy again. So I found out that in my game having all expansions, stuff packs and store didn't have an impact in performance, what made my game laggy was solely my mods. I have an i5 3570, a GTX 980 and 8GB of ram. Also, something that super affected performance for me, even with only the base game and no mods, is the "high detail lots" option. With it set to 1-3 the game is fine, but more than that and it gets super laggy. It's the only graphics option that affects the performance for me personally, the rest is always maxed.

thx alot for letting me know @NeonHighways my mods folder is too a couple of nrass mods and 1 lighting mod and thats about it :) thx again
    that really helpful too @Simasaurus09 :) thx all for your help
    edited February 2017

@NeonHighways Same,I never found a need to have every lot fully detailed at once,unless was intentionally going in taking scenic screenshots,but for gameplay I only care about the lot I am on.Could care less what my neighbor 2 houses down house looks like unless I visit.All my settings are maxed also but shadows high in my taste I don't like especially sims wearing hats

DfydFiZ.gif