Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 won't log in to launcher or in game

I would like to be able to share gifts with others who play Sims 3, but. . . I can't get logged in, and please, don't tell me to tell it I forgot my password. I had to do that last month! It doesn't work, for long. I know the password is correct, but it keeps saying invalid email/password. It worked just fine for a day, since I had to uninstall/reinstall everything Origin/EA related recently because it stopped working (I mean every single game, from Bejewelled 3 to Dragon Age to Sims 3 and 4). I got that fixed, and now everything is working fine, except that Sims 3 says I'm using the wrong email/password, which is funny because I use the same one I use for Origin, and it worked to sign me in there, just fine! LOL

Comments

• Options
    napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    The launcher uses the resources of Internet Explorer. So clearing Internet Explorer's cache and cookies even if you do not use it will often resolve launcher issues.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • Options
    Taepodong-1Taepodong-1 Posts: 16 New Member
    If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat. I just want to download the bits and pieces I've bought from the store in the past, but I'm getting the "Invalid Login Information. Please try again." message (even though I'm using the correct info).
  • Options
    @Taepodong-1 When I had that problem I used the above (clearing Internet Explorer's cache and cookies) and the login problem went away and I was able to download my store content.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Another thing to try is change your password 3 times. I have done that before and got sims 3 launcher to log in. Watch out for security it logs out about every 5 to 10 minutes.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    IE cache/cookie clearing:
    https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

As said, even if you never use IE as a browser yourself, the game/launcher borrows it's resources and they get junked up. It's a very common thing to have happen, especially after EA's servers go down and they recover.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'll give clearing IE browser. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know if it works. :) Since I don't use IE anymore, but use Edge, I guess that could be the problem! I hadn't cleared those caches, specifically, since I don't use that browser now. And YES! That does seem to have done the trick! Thank you all!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2017
    @hummingbird41556 - With the look that cat is giving us in your avatar, we would actually be afraid to provide you anything but helpful advice here. ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    That's great you fixed it! Happy simmng! :)
  • Options
    Taepodong-1Taepodong-1 Posts: 16 New Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    Another thing to try is change your password

This seems to have fixed it for me. Thanks folks! (sorry for commandeering your thread hummingbird41556!)
  • Options
    MistressMoMoMistressMoMo Posts: 32 Member
    I came here looking for this exactly!!! Thanks so much!!