The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Hello? lol
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Hello? lol

Hi. Whaddup?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    It's quite chilly here. 27 degrees F with lots of wind.
    It's quite chilly here. 27 degrees F with lots of wind.

Dang. 27 Deg C for me is already kinda cold. Can't imagine how 27 Deg F will be like. XD
    832XG3D.gif
    Just ate some nice warm pizza. mmmm
    Today's Q Q is: ... If anyone is gonna do this at all. XD
    Describe the last movie/show you watched badly/vaguely.

An alien invasion that is gonna occur cuz a dude is married to an alien brain and the only saviors are a bunch of kids playing in big robot suits.
    832XG3D.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited November 2022
    DeKay wrote: »

An alien invasion that is gonna occur cuz a dude is married to an alien brain and the only saviors are a bunch of kids playing in big robot suits.

Cool. 😄 Let me think... Pacific Rim? (Although I don't remember anyone marrying a brain in that).

My last one was this:

A team of people doing science stuff suddenly have to go home, but they leave one person behind and don't realise. He has to survive by growing food from his own poop and sending emails whilst listening to a lot of disco music.

Cool. 😄 Let me think... Pacific Rim? (Although I don't remember anyone marrying a brain in that).

My last one was this:

A team of people doing science stuff suddenly have to go home, but they leave one person behind and don't realise. He has to survive by growing food from his own poop and sending emails whilst listening to a lot of disco music.

Yes!! But it's Pacific Rim 2 where one of the scientists from the first movie got mind controlled by the alien brain. 😭

Let me guess yours. Is it The Martian? I don't remember the disco part tho. 😅
    832XG3D.gif
    @DeKay you are correct! 🙂 Yes, watched it recently and the only music he's left with on Mars is his commander's playlist which turns out to be old disco music.

Oh cool, I was almost there with your description then! Ah yes, now that I remember more of the plot of Pacific Rim 2 it does ring a bell.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you like going Black Friday shopping?

Nope. But I guess it's not really a huge thing over here... 🤔

DeKay you are correct! 🙂 Yes, watched it recently and the only music he's left with on Mars is his commander's playlist which turns out to be old disco music.

Oh cool, I was almost there with your description then! Ah yes, now that I remember more of the plot of Pacific Rim 2 it does ring a bell.

The Martian's so good!
    832XG3D.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Not really on the Black Friday thing. If I planned a big purchase about that time I would scan for a good deal, but a stampeding crowd in the ecstasy of end-stage capitalist desperation isn'ta safe place to be.

In the US, being in crowds is even more dangerous than other places because the US cherry picks when to protect the right to live.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,793 Member
    edited November 2022
    Not really on the Black Friday thing. If I planned a big purchase about that time I would scan for a good deal, but a stampeding crowd in the ecstasy of end-stage capitalist desperation isn'ta safe place to be.

In the US, being in crowds is even more dangerous than other places because the US cherry picks when to protect the right to live.

I’ve never been into the Black Friday thing. I have a love/hate relationship with crowds. It all depends on what is going on whether or not I’ll deal with it.

Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
    edited November 2022
    @DaniRose2143 yeah, I had to bite ny tongue so hard not to say anything more than I did.
    I was actually at a Wal mart last night and had a queen feeling going in, felt my danger sense going off and found myself scanning faces and thinking about what I would do if someone opened fire.

I have never had that happen before but when I heard about Virginia this morning I got the chill down my spine.

Even if everyone un the US carried a loaded gun and we had a ghastly amount of accidental fatalities because of it, that would still not make it possible to stop this epidemic because people who intend to do mass shootings do not expect or want to come out of it alive. They are usually committing " suicide by cop" if they can, or they do not care about going to prison.
    The idea that everyone being armed would prevent this does not hold true for the people desperate and deranged enough to do it because they do not care about the possibility of being shot back at so an armed populace is no deterrent.
    Pretending that mass shooters are rational enough to not mass shoot if they figure everyone else is armed too is lunacy. They want to be gunned down, usually.
    Or else they want to commit mass murder and any consequence is worth it to them
    Either way, everyone carrying guns is not some magic solution, it just means moms get accidentally shot by their toddlers (this has happened), siblings get shot by other siblings, and on and on, a death toll of innocents that even surpasses that of the mass shootings that the "just arm everyone" argument is intended as an answer to.

The only way to stop this is to stop it being so easy to kill so many people in such a short time. It doesn't mean keeping hunters from hunting or people from carrying revolvers, if everyone couldn't get their hands on a sprayer.
    Post edited by ignominiusrex on
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited November 2022
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
    @ignominiusrex Sadly the scanning faces and identifying escape routes is something I’ve done for a long time. It’s now so bad I just stay home whenever possible.

🫂🏳️‍⚧️

If my job wasn't federal, my dream would be to go somewhere saner.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited November 2022
    Ummm. Okay, y'all. 😬 Probably shouldn't say these kinds things on this forum. 🫢
    832XG3D.gif
    @DeKay Good point.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you like going Black Friday shopping?

Nope. But I guess it's not really a huge thing over here... 🤔

DeKay you are correct! 🙂 Yes, watched it recently and the only music he's left with on Mars is his commander's playlist which turns out to be old disco music.

The Martian's so good!

I'm not entirely sure when Black Friday is. UK shops seem to have been saying Black Friday deals for the last few weeks!
    Have never been on the actual Friday; was put off a few years ago after seeing some of the public's behaviour on the news (Fighting for a TV? Camping outside in a mile long queue at 6am in the morning waiting for the shops to open? Nah, I'm good thanks).
    Today's QQ is:
    Do you like playing in the snow?

I wouldn't know. 😔
    832XG3D.gif
    I like playing in snow. Falling backwards into deep snow and making an angel after shoveling is especially fun.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's QQ is:
    Do you like playing in the snow?

I wouldn't know. 😔

I love playing in the snow, especially seeing what sculptures I can make (last one was a snow poodle), but my area hasn't seen more than an inch of snow for a few years now. 😭
    One time there was a thick soft layer if snow with a thick sheet of ice on top that cracked when you walked on it; great for making rooves for little snow houses or an icy stone henge type arrangement.
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is the best movie marathon for the holidays?

The Santa Clause and The Santa Clause 2. We shall not talk about number 3. Right now, they have a series on it too. :D So I'm stoked on that.
    832XG3D.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

The Santa Clause and The Santa Clause 2. We shall not talk about number 3. Right now, they have a series on it too. :D So I'm stoked on that.

I agree about The Santa Clause movies. I love the first two, but the third was…😳

I like to do a classic Christmas marathon, as well. I like to include Miracle On 34th Street (1947), A Christmas Carol (1984), A Christmas Story (1983), A Charlie Brown Christmas, and How The Grinch Stole Christmas (animated).
    Today's Q Q is:

What’s your favorite part about this time of year?

Hmmm... Well, work usually gets very busy and we're always trying to meet deadline and close milestones. But I guess it's very exciting to be able to close milestones. I'm also always in a lazy mood this time of year. Taking a lot of leave days every week. 🤣

cyncie wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

I agree about The Santa Clause movies. I love the first two, but the third was…😳

I like to do a classic Christmas marathon, as well. I like to include Miracle On 34th Street (1947), A Christmas Carol (1984), A Christmas Story (1983), A Charlie Brown Christmas, and How The Grinch Stole Christmas (animated).

The third one was bad cuz it was missing Bernard the grumpy head elf. 🤭🤣

I've never seen those movies you listed. Only heard of them. Oops.
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

What’s your favorite part about this time of year?

Hmmm... Well, work usually gets very busy and we're always trying to meet deadline and close milestones. But I guess it's very exciting to be able to close milestones. I'm also always in a lazy mood this time of year. Taking a lot of leave days every week. 🤣

The sparkly lights everywhere!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top