Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of pink and green?

Watermelon flavored candy.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited May 2022
    10 years ago... I don't think I really followed any bands, I had favourite songs, some of which are still on my iPod, but I've no idea when they are from. (Looks it up) Oh, I really liked Maroon 5's Payphone song. And I still have Psy's Gangnam Style on my iPod. 😁

On a related note, are any of my fellow Hitchhikers planning to participate in Towel Day on the 25th?

There is a day dedicated to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?! 😃 (Stays perfectly still. Inside, inner child bounces off the walls squealing and laughing hysterically).

Please tell me more about Towel Day.
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

My bedroom wall colours.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    edited May 2022
    10 years ago... I don't think I really followed any bands, I had favourite songs, some of which are still on my iPod, but I've no idea when they are from. (Looks it up) Oh, I really liked Maroon 5's Payphone song. And I still have Psy's Gangnam Style on my iPod. 😁

On a related note, are any of my fellow Hitchhikers planning to participate in Towel Day on the 25th?

There is a day dedicated to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?! 😃 (Stays perfectly still. Inside, inner child bounces off the walls squealing and laughing hysterically).

Please tell me more about Towel Day.
    Today's Q Q is:

My bedroom wall colours.

Here you are my dear...

Towel Day

I will go through that day, towel in hand.

Edit: I'm embarrassed to admit that I forgot to cast you in our little Hitchhikers group. I think we need to recast here and you be Trillian and we'll find DeKay a new role since she hasn't read the book or watched the movies. We won't cast her as Marvin, that's just cruel. I'm plying Arthur's part, but still need a new name, Arthur doesn't work. Minty and Bella are Ford(Mercedes) and Zaphod. I'm not sure who's who in that pairing. Iggy is Slartibartfast.
    Today's Q Q is:

Pink and green....A color I love, not my most favorite, and one that I rarely find a shade of that I like. That's the first thing, anything else, anything deeper require more thought.

• Options
    Me, not understanding what is going on here cuz I don't read:
    7i2KxE7.gif
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Pink and green reminds me of a sorority in my dorm at college. That was their colors, and they all wore them. All the time. In the elevator, I felt like I was drowning in pink and green
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    If you could give every person in the world a gift but it would have to be the same gift, what would that gift be? The gift has to be a physical object.

Hmmmm... the A100 Walkman from Sony. It runs on Android so you can use your apps to listen to music if you don't wanna download songs. :3 And so everyone can listen to music in pretty good quality on the go.

crqIBe2.png
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited May 2022
    cyncie wrote: »
    I think it's only Minty and Bella thinking it's a good idea to bring us along. LOL.

Your right, it's just them so far. I could have sworn @AlpineCuriosity @Cyncie and a few others had gotten in on the idea. I have no idea where that thought came from.

Don’t know what we’re doing, but count me in.

I've lost track. At this point I'm just going with the flow, wherever that may be, whatever it may be. At this point I feel like a female Arthur Dent. mintycupcake is giving me froody Ford Prefect vibes, bellagorilla is likewise exuding Zaphod Beeblebrox vibes and I think DeKay is turning into Trillian even if she doesn't know it yet. I guess I better go grab my towel....

What's a Trillian? LOL.

I take it you haven't read Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy have you?

DeKay has talked about not being into reading at all. Like not even a little. But I was disappointed because I thought I might be tapped for the role of Slartibartfast at least :D

https://youtu.be/cM735uHc7o0

You can be Slartibartfast. We haven't gotten past casting the four main characters. I don't want to be the one to cast somebody to be Marvin. I'm still waiting to see if Minty and Bella want to switch roles? Maybe Minty wants to be the female Zaphod and Bella wants to be the female Ford. Ooo, we need to rename some characters, really weird calling a woman Arthur. Ford Prefect is easy, Mercedes Prefect. Zaphod is a genderless name so we're ok there.

oooo I had forgotten about Marvin! I would LOVE to be him! I even quote him sometimes in real life LOL Ironically of course, I don't have that inflated of an ego! "Brain the Size of a Planet...but I suppose you want me to...open the door for you?....I'm used to it." still hits me as funny, because we humans do tend to use magnificent technology for the most banal of purposes.

Reading forward, I don't think it would be cruel to cast someone as Marvin, because Marvin, to me, is this brilliant, alienated robot who is horrifically underchallenged, undervalued, and underutilized by the humans he was created to basically serve. He puts up with it, with the help of a sarcastic dry wit, and an enduring sense of irony. I could see several of you playing that role with depth and understanding, but I would nominate someone for that role out of respect, not out of mockery. So I think @WhatCobblers and @cyncie might be good candidates (and I mean that as a compliment because I see him as a misunderstood comic genius)

edited to add:

And I can see @DeKay as one of the white mice, who are actually these "hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional creatures whose rodent aspect represents merely a three-dimensional projection of their actual form.

Billions of years ago, they have been responsible for creating the supercomputer known as Deep Thought, and also for hiring the Magratheans to build the planet that would become known as Earth - actually an even more impressive and massive supercomputer designed by Deep Thought. "

I think she'd be one of them, and I'd stay in my role of Slartibartfast, whom the white mice order about and dismiss with "That will be ALL, Slartibartfast!" XD

We're probably boring all the people who haven't read or seen The Hitchiker's Guide. I haven't seen the newer version of the film, because I was afraid it would lack the camp appeal of the original BBC one. Was it good after all?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    edited May 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

What was your favorite musician/band 10 years ago? Do you still listen to them now?

Back in 2012, I was listening to a lot of indie rock/post punk stuff. Bloc Party was my obsession. 😅 I don't listen to them super often now but I still love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdkmhquF60o

Other stuff that I was listening to a lot at the time were Two Door Cinema Club, The Kooks and Arctic Monkeys.

Ten years ago? Hmmm that was like Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Green Day, that kind of thing? Early 2013 I found SHINee and slipped from emo to K-pop 😂

I still occasionally listen to those emo bands but not as often as I did back then 😅 SHINee on the other hand? Ummmm I was listening to them this morning 😶
    Today's Q Q is:

Flowers
    Today's Q Q is:
    If you could give every person in the world a gift but it would have to be the same gift, what would that gift be? The gift has to be a physical object.

Hmmmm... the A100 Walkman from Sony. It runs on Android so you can use your apps to listen to music if you don't wanna download songs. :3 And so everyone can listen to music in pretty good quality on the go.

crqIBe2.png

Has to be physical? Can I give them like a blood sugar meter so they can understand how some people live?
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I think it's only Minty and Bella thinking it's a good idea to bring us along. LOL.

Your right, it's just them so far. I could have sworn @AlpineCuriosity @Cyncie and a few others had gotten in on the idea. I have no idea where that thought came from.

Don’t know what we’re doing, but count me in.

I've lost track. At this point I'm just going with the flow, wherever that may be, whatever it may be. At this point I feel like a female Arthur Dent. mintycupcake is giving me froody Ford Prefect vibes, bellagorilla is likewise exuding Zaphod Beeblebrox vibes and I think DeKay is turning into Trillian even if she doesn't know it yet. I guess I better go grab my towel....

What's a Trillian? LOL.

I take it you haven't read Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy have you?

DeKay has talked about not being into reading at all. Like not even a little. But I was disappointed because I thought I might be tapped for the role of Slartibartfast at least :D

https://youtu.be/cM735uHc7o0

You can be Slartibartfast. We haven't gotten past casting the four main characters. I don't want to be the one to cast somebody to be Marvin. I'm still waiting to see if Minty and Bella want to switch roles? Maybe Minty wants to be the female Zaphod and Bella wants to be the female Ford. Ooo, we need to rename some characters, really weird calling a woman Arthur. Ford Prefect is easy, Mercedes Prefect. Zaphod is a genderless name so we're ok there.

oooo I had forgotten about Marvin! I would LOVE to be him! I even quote him sometimes in real life LOL Ironically of course, I don't have that inflated of an ego! "Brain the Size of a Planet...but I suppose you want me to...open the door for you?....I'm used to it." still hits me as funny, because we humans do tend to use magnificent technology for the most banal of purposes.

Reading forward, I don't think it would be cruel to cast someone as Marvin, because Marvin, to me, is this brilliant, alienated robot who is horrifically underchallenged, undervalued, and underutilized by the humans he was created to basically serve. He puts up with it, with the help of a sarcastic dry wit, and an enduring sense of irony. I could see several of you playing that role with depth and understanding, but I would nominate someone for that role out of respect, not out of mockery. So I think @WhatCobblers and @cyncie might be good candidates (and I mean that as a compliment because I see him as a misunderstood comic genius)

edited to add:

And I can see @DeKay as one of the white mice, who are actually these "hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional creatures whose rodent aspect represents merely a three-dimensional projection of their actual form.

Billions of years ago, they have been responsible for creating the supercomputer known as Deep Thought, and also for hiring the Magratheans to build the planet that would become known as Earth - actually an even more impressive and massive supercomputer designed by Deep Thought. "

I think she'd be one of them, and I'd stay in my role of Slartibartfast, whom the white mice order about and dismiss with "That will be ALL, Slartibartfast!" XD

We're probably boring all the people who haven't read or seen The Hitchiker's Guide. I haven't seen the newer version of the film, because I was afraid it would lack the camp appeal of the original BBC one. Was it good after all?

Wow. I'm mildly embarrassed that I always considered Marvin to be just whiny, not intellectually bored. I certainly missed the point with him. I mean looking back you got it absolutely right. I'm sure that's how he's supposed to be interpreted, but it flew right over my head. Ok, you can be Marvin.

I haven't seen the BBC version so I can't compare their campiness. The Beeb version probably is more camp if I had to just guess.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Oh, I didn't want to make you feel that way, @DaniRose2143 ! I'm pretty sure he was supposed to also be annoying. I think Douglas Adams excelled at making everything have more than one meaning.

Ford Prefect reminds me somehow of The Doctor, like they both seem to exude being capable of anything and unpredictable, yet uncanny in prescience. What do you think?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Yes, that's a good comparison. Like the Doctor, you are never quite sure whether Ford is secretly planning something, or if he's just plain mad and winging it. Plus he also seems to be able to drive anything. His timelord name could be The Journalist: travelling and reviewing the world, one bar at a time. Not sure I'd trust Ford to drive a Tardis though. :D

I would love to play Marvin too. He's fun to quote. Am happy playing him or Trillian. :) Or if other people want those roles, can I play Eddie the (Heart of Gold) ship's computer? (*Sings* "Heeere we are again. Happy as can be.")

Have seen the BBC series, listened to the original radio series, read all of the books (including the sixth instalment by Eoin Colfer) and found all of these remarkably faithful to each other (I think the radio series came first?). The newer Coen Brothers film of it is quite different from the rest, which you may like or not depending on how much of the great quotes and scenes from the original versions you would like to see. In my personal opinion, the film was fun to watch but felt more like it was inspired by the storyline and characters of the original series (Book/Series 1), rather than a film version of the series.
    And sorry to complain but they got the 'Restaurant at the End of the Universe' pun slightly wrong at the end of the film.

What do others who have seen the film think of it?
  • Options
    LOL, I was about to keep my drawing tablet pen and my hand did a weird random flick and the pen flew behind me and into the small gap between my bed and the wall. I can't get to it now cuz my mom keeps a bunch of kitchen stuff and boxes underneath my bed and it will take a while to move those boxes out. 😢 Good night, pen. 😂 Hope you are still well and not broken. 😬
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Christmas ornaments.

Today's Q Q is:

A tiny pocket therapist, cuz everyone could use at least a little therapy.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Yes, that's a good comparison. Like the Doctor, you are never quite sure whether Ford is secretly planning something, or if he's just plain mad and winging it. Plus he also seems to be able to drive anything. His timelord name could be The Journalist: travelling and reviewing the world, one bar at a time. Not sure I'd trust Ford to drive a Tardis though. :D

I would love to play Marvin too. He's fun to quote. Am happy playing him or Trillian. :) Or if other people want those roles, can I play Eddie the (Heart of Gold) ship's computer? (*Sings* "Heeere we are again. Happy as can be.")

Have seen the BBC series, listened to the original radio series, read all of the books (including the sixth instalment by Eoin Colfer) and found all of these remarkably faithful to each other (I think the radio series came first?). The newer Coen Brothers film of it is quite different from the rest, which you may like or not depending on how much of the great quotes and scenes from the original versions you would like to see. In my personal opinion, the film was fun to watch but felt more like it was inspired by the storyline and characters of the original series (Book/Series 1), rather than a film version of the series.
    And sorry to complain but they got the 'Restaurant at the End of the Universe' pun slightly wrong at the end of the film.

I loved the film, but that film and the books are all I know. I would love to watch the BBC show if I can ever find it.

I see Ford as an interstellar beach bum. He has a well honed method for getting by without having to really do anything. His job reviewing the universe is merely the excuse to change 'beaches' when the current one gets boring or if he overstays his welcome. Like most beach bums he has a talent for talking others out of whatever he needs or talks them into helping, usually against their better judgment.

• Options

Uhhhh I've only read the book 😅
    Today's Q Q is:

Christmas ornaments.

Today's Q Q is:

A tiny pocket therapist, cuz everyone could use at least a little therapy.

Ooo yeah, we could all use some therapy...

*Sings "I Need Therapy" by VIXX*
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    I’m tired and my back is having a spasm. My trio is performing at a senior citizens luau tomorrow. We haven’t played since COVID shut downs and have have had to rehearse a lot to get back up to speed. We just did 6 hours a day for two days straight. Show still needs work, but it is what it is. Wish us luck tomorrow.
  • Options
    I’m tired and my back is having a spasm. My trio is performing at a senior citizens luau tomorrow. We haven’t played since COVID shut downs and have have had to rehearse a lot to get back up to speed. We just did 6 hours a day for two days straight. Show still needs work, but it is what it is. Wish us luck tomorrow.

Good luck. I have no doubt you'll knock 'em dead....wait that's not right....
  • Options

Good luck. I have no doubt you'll knock 'em dead....wait that's not right....

Lol! Thing is, these seniors are party animals! We usually perform for their Thanksgiving dinner and do a 50s/60s show, and they get up and boogie. This is a new event, and they’ve never heard our Island show. It will be interesting, tomorrow.

• Options
    Dug my pen back out. 😅

wYYGqWR.jpg
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options

Wow! Hope the show goes well and hope your back feels better. 🙂
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is your favorite line from the song you're listening to now (or last)?

Call Me by My Name by Cherry... <3 I'm still in love with this song after all these months. Send help.

My fav line and properly the best part of the song that I always struggle to sing. LOL: I’m falling for you cause you’re too bright.... in the daylight

lK6kK1b.gif
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    I Am Here by P!nk is a song that helps me through tough times, like this morning. And the line that I grab on to like a lifeline....

"I've already seen the bottom, so there's nothing to fear"

• Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is your favorite line from the song you're listening to now (or last)?

Call Me by My Name by Cherry... <3 I'm still in love with this song after all these months. Send help.

My fav line and properly the best part of the song that I always struggle to sing. LOL: I’m falling for you cause you’re too bright.... in the daylight

lK6kK1b.gif

Okay this is kinda sappy but last month was Jonghyun's birthday and this month is SHINee's anniversary so I miss him really badly right now, okay?

https://youtu.be/mPHfFtNUp-E

But one of the song's he wrote from one of my favorite albums (Sherlock) is Honesty, and one of the ending line's is:
    "I won’t forget you in my heart
    You will remain in my eyes and smile"

And I just cry thinking about it :cry:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    The Sims 2 on Gameboy was wild.
    HAh0IBP.jpeg
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    The Sims 2 on Gameboy was wild.
    HAh0IBP.jpeg

There was Sims 2 on Gameboy? How did I miss that?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top