Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    What's your fav book of the year?

I don't read books.

Me neither...

I used to read books on TITANIC and the US Civil War, but it's been years ago!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What's your fav book of the year?

I don't read books.

I haven't read a print book in a while but right now I'm listening to Brahm Stoker's (haha wrote Brahm Stroker at first) Dracula. It's a good narrator, but I would still prefer to read the print myself, but this works because I'm listening to it when I need my hands and eyes for other things, and it makes routine tasks less boring.

I like podcasts when I'm feeling the need for brain food rather than music.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    =^..^=

(pushes breakable things off counters.)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I can't believe I didn't read a whole book this year. I started re-reading Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan though, so I will pick that one.
    I never read Robert Jordan but I know he's a popular author and my partner has read most if not all of Jordan's voluminous repertoire.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    Fav TV show you watched/discovered this year?

Hmmmmm. I don't think I watched any new TV shows this year... But Never Have I Ever Season 2 was the best one out of the other seasons of other shows I watched this year, I guess.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I never read Robert Jordan but I know he's a popular author and my partner has read most if not all of Jordan's voluminous repertoire.

Yeh the books are very voluminous lol. I've read all the ones he wrote, but I didn't read the one's written by Brandon Sanderson after the author sadly passed away. Jordan is my favourite fantasy author. Is your partner watching the new show? I love podcasts too, what podcasts do you listen to? Bram Stoker's Dracula is also one of my fave books along with Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

QA: My favourite show this year was Loki :heart: runner up was Squid Game

• Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    It's odd to think it's almost the Holidays. And it's feels like time hasn't got that slow this year. I wonder how fast the 2022 will go.
    L9q8VGi.png
    The rate at which time passes seems to be judged against our subjective lifetime to date, so that the longer we live, the shorter each measurable unit of time seems to be.

IF you're 50, a decade is a fifth of a lifetime, and fifth of a lifetime to a 20 year old is 4 years. Does a decade feel at 50 like 4 years felt when they were 20? I think maybe.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    The rate at which time passes seems to be judged against our subjective lifetime to date, so that the longer we live, the shorter each measurable unit of time seems to be.

IF you're 50, a decade is a fifth of a lifetime, and fifth of a lifetime to a 20 year old is 4 years. Does a decade feel at 50 like 4 years felt when they were 20? I think maybe.

This so so true!! I don't want to grow old cuz of this. 😢😢
    832XG3D.gif

You planning on dying young? That's the only alternative to getting old. It does stink hard though. I mean, what if your true middle age is already behind you because whatever you have left will go by faster than what you've already experienced?

And then, we're doomed to experience that accelerated passing of our lives with ever-dwindling mental, physical, and social resources.

There must be some bright side, because they say people (and other hominids studied so it can't just be a human social phenomenon) are unhappiest at midlife, and then become happier again as they get older, past middle age. So there must be something to soften the blow?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is your fav recipe that you tried this year for the first time?

Either this ciabatta one.
    https://merryboosters.com/easy-ciabatta-rolls-recipe/

Or the carrot cake muffins.
    https://www.spendwithpennies.com/soft-moist-carrot-muffins/

You planning on dying young? [...]

I don't wanna die young. I just want to stay the same age forever. 😅
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

I tried a new variant of egg-fried rice. It's a family recipe. Can't help but feel at my most peace after a plate.
    L9q8VGi.png
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

I tried a new variant of egg-fried rice. It's a family recipe. Can't help but feel at my most peace after a plate.

Oooh, egg fried rice is so niceee! Or any kinda fried rice for me, of course. :)
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Haven't really expanded my "personal menu" :lol: this year. Plus I don't cook, so I can't say "favorite recipe" either. :/ Maybe I'll try something new next year... but I'm not cooking it though!

=^..^=

(chews on house plants)
    edited December 2021
    Only 3 days til Christmas!!
    Today's Q Q is:

What is your fav purchase of this year?

My Sony Pro-i phone. 🥰
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

A 2013 Sunset Trail (300BH) by Cross Roads

Yeah, this travel trailer has some issues, but at $16,900, it was the only Bunkhouse trailer that wasn't too old! Thankfully the issues aren't too major - biggest thing was replacing the water heater (got a new Tankless water heater now)!

BTW: the ants are finally dying out, but it took a mixture of Borax and sugar (3 to 1 mix works best) with warm water (to make the mixture)! Ants take Borax/sugar mix back to the nest and the queen, slowly killing off the colony!
    Another 2 weeks of living with my reduced hearing, and maybe things will improve after I can finally book appointments. I can only hope. It feels difficult adapting to life with my headphones off for now, but as long as it isn't hearing loss, I'll be a happy Sorak once this is over..
    Today's Q Q is:

My Sony Pro-i phone. 🥰

A Sony Playstation 2. I was replaying a lot of old games like the console versions of Sims 2 and Castaway!
    L9q8VGi.png
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Another 2 weeks of living with my reduced hearing, and maybe things will improve after I can finally book appointments. I can only hope. It feels difficult adapting to life with my headphones off for now, but as long as it isn't hearing loss, I'll be a happy Sorak once this is over..
    Today's Q Q is:

My Sony Pro-i phone. 🥰

A Sony Playstation 2. I was replaying a lot of old games like the console versions of Sims 2 and Castaway!

Wishing you all the best with your ears!
    832XG3D.gif
    Only 2 days til Christmas!
    Today's Q Q is:
    Fav game you've played of 2021?

Honestly, I don't think I've even played any game this year. 😥
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Not played anything this year (not even my Sims) !

I've been looking at (REALLY LOOKING AT) is the Titanic: Honor and Glory game! They currently have a Demo "401" (little Titanic reference there :lol: ) which is a Beta version of the game (and features 20% of the ship) that is finished!

Another game I've looked at is the Back 4 Blood game! It's like Left 4 Dead, but it's not! In fact it's the ORIGINAL makers of the first L4D - Turtle Rock Studios - that did this new zombie survival game!

Of course, if I had to choose ONLY ONE, -

Titanic: Honor And Glory would be my pick! I've been interested with the TITANIC for the past 34 years (1987 when I was 10)!

Zombie games, maybe 12-13 years but I'm not sure. I do know that L4D2 was my first time playing this type of game!
    Today's Q Q is:

Honestly, I don't think I've even played any game this year. 😥

It's an old game but I absolutely loved Driver 2. I found myself playing older games more and more.
    L9q8VGi.png
    =^..^=

(leaves a "present" on your pillow - dead field mouse. Cats don't have any money, so this was the best I could get you! Merry Christmas!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top