Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is the most interesting class you've ever taken?

Songwriting. It was super fun and really cool. After learning some stuff from that, I would listen to songs and see if those songs applied some of the tricks or techniques I learnt and they mostly do! :O
    Brewing beer! I would have to say that, that was the most interesting class that I have ever taken.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited May 2021
    When you're such an anti social at work, that there was a company gathering over an online meeting where we would introduce ourselves to the new hires and then 'tag' another person to go next and I was tagged last:

05a48fed45de36c41a0be98e20eaff294a5c5c35.gifv

On a lighter note, this was an advantage cuz I remember we played dodgeball in high school and no one from the opposing team would try to throw the ball at me cuz they were too busy trying to hit their friends on my team, but I was just aggressively throwing it at everyone and became the last one standing. 🤣 Actually, I remember this happened twice and I only played dodgeball twice. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Songwriting. It was super fun and really cool. After learning some stuff from that, I would listen to songs and see if those songs applied some of the tricks or techniques I learnt and they mostly do! :O

Piano this past semester. I loved it
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    Why are people like this...
    r2K1G7a.png

PS: Enjoy some art. XD
    e277c942190e5a6ca5dcc2828dba3563dff1d93e.jpg
    832XG3D.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I so badly want to be able to take a great photo of hubs so I can commission a portrait of him through you, Dekay. Your work is sublime.

The most interesting class I took when not in school, was Prof. Keith Devin (of Stanford) teaching a MOOC called Mathematical Thinking, for which I also bought the book. Absolutely loved that course, and it was largely proofs and logic.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I so badly want to be able to take a great photo of hubs so I can commission a portrait of him through you, Dekay. Your work is sublime.

The most interesting class I took when not in school, was Prof. Keith Devin (of Stanford) teaching a MOOC called Mathematical Thinking, for which I also bought the book. Absolutely loved that course, and it was largely proofs and logic.

Hehe, that would be awesome. 😊 And thank you so much for the kind words. ^^
    832XG3D.gif
  • Zara_StacyZara_Stacy Posts: 167 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Ok first i think I missed a day...what?

Anyways, the most interesting class i've taken is music theory. I write music in my spare time and play the piano, drums, recorder, guitar, violin, and others. I liked to learn more about the music like DeKay. :)
    0GnCyNY.gif
    Zara_Stacy wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Anyways, the most interesting class i've taken is music theory. I write music in my spare time and play the piano, drums, recorder, guitar, violin, and others. I liked to learn more about the music like DeKay. :)

Oh my God, I've taken music theory before (it's more towards the classical side) and almost fainted. It was super tough and I had no idea what I was doing but I somehow managed to get a 70% grade. 😂
    832XG3D.gif
  • Zara_StacyZara_Stacy Posts: 167 Member
    Zara_Stacy wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh my God, I've taken music theory before (it's more towards the classical side) and almost fainted. It was super tough and I had no idea what I was doing but I somehow managed to get a 70% grade. 😂

Lol. My group put music into an old mickey mouse cartoon. It wasnt related to school, so mine didnt have a grade.
    0GnCyNY.gif
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    edited May 2021
    Guys, my cat has a tumour :( found out today and it's been pretty tough. Sorry if its a depressing thing to share, but I just wanted to share it since I talk to you every day. She's 20 so at least she's had a full life. We're gonna do an xray next friday and depending on the results, we're either going to remove it (if its only in that one area) or have to put her to sleep (if it has spread across her body) I'm on pretty strong antidepressants atm so when the news hit me, I kinda felt like my head was in a fish tank - all the emotions were numbed and distorted, it was weird. Better than emotional agony I guess.
    Anyway, I feel ok right now. The concept of death always messes me up, but I know I'm just gonna have to learn to deal with it as life goes on.
    Thank you for listening lol
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Hugs, @magic_cat_tree ! Loss is never easy. You're right, though: she's pretty old, had a long life. Whatever happens, the point is to reduce suffering. Of course you can talk to us here. (more hugs)
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Guys, my cat has a tumour :( found out today and it's been pretty tough. Sorry if its a depressing thing to share, but I just wanted to share it since I talk to you every day. She's 20 so at least she's had a full life. We're gonna do an xray next friday and depending on the results, we're either going to remove it (if its only in that one area) or have to put her to sleep (if it has spread across her body) I'm on pretty strong antidepressants atm so when the news hit me, I kinda felt like my head was in a fish tank - all the emotions were numbed and distorted, it was weird. Better than emotional agony I guess.
    Anyway, I feel ok right now. The concept of death always messes me up, but I know I'm just gonna have to learn to deal with it as life goes on.

Very sorry to hear that!! I pray that the tumor is only at one spot so that it can be removed. I lost a cat once which was only 11 years old and it was very sad and I hope that you won't have to go thru that. 😔 But death is also inevitable and it's a curse that all pet owners must face.
    832XG3D.gif
    @Nushnushganay *hugs back!* thank you so much for the support ^_^ <3 I agree - it's a horrible decision to make and to live with (putting a pet to sleep) but if I know she's suffering then I have to be strong for her sake.

@DeKay thank you <3 I really hope so too. She loves the summer season and I really want her to live long enough to enjoy it, but I will have to accept whatever happens, I know. I'm so sorry about your loss when you were 11 :( that's such a sensitive age to lose a pet - it's hard enough to wrap your head around death when you're an adult, let alone a child. I lost my other cat almost 2 years ago (another tumour) and it still affects me. I hope all our lost pets are in some sort of wonderful animal heaven rn o:)
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Nushnushganay *hugs back!* thank you so much for the support ^_^ <3 I agree - it's a horrible decision to make and to live with (putting a pet to sleep) but if I know she's suffering then I have to be strong for her sake.

DeKay thank you <3 I really hope so too. She loves the summer season and I really want her to live long enough to enjoy it, but I will have to accept whatever happens, I know. I'm so sorry about your loss when you were 11 :( that's such a sensitive age to lose a pet - it's hard enough to wrap your head around death when you're an adult, let alone a child. I lost my other cat almost 2 years ago (another tumour) and it still affects me. I hope all our lost pets are in some sort of wonderful animal heaven rn o:)

No, I wasn't 11 at the time but my cat was. 😅 But yeah, whenever I do remember about my previous cat and get upset about it, I tell myself she's in heaven now and she would not want me to feel sad for her. 😢🥲
    832XG3D.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member

Sending you hugs :heart:

I've been thru that agony before, trust me! My cat was just a few weeks old when I got her, and she lived for 21 years before I had to put her to sleep in 2013. I still miss her.

I had saved her from the previous owners, who wanted to put her down because she was the runt of the litter (of bobcat/domestic shorthair cats)! She wasn't going to be worth much money. But for some reason, I couldn't let her go, and begged for her life. I LITERALLY had saved her from death!

She was the best cat I ever owned. We went thru a least 5 times moving to (4 to different states) . She was on my lap, as we saw the towers came down (on TV) .

Then in about Feb 2013, she started having difficulty with her breathing. Finally on April 18, 2013 I took her to the vet clinic and I had her put to sleep. I held her paw as they gave the shot. I could feel a slight grip and then she released. I feel that was her way of saying thank you. No more suffering with the breathing, and no longer in pain.

Trust me, I know you are going through a very difficult time right now, and I will pray for you and your Kitty!

Sending you both big hugs! :heart::heart:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    Today's Q Q is:
    Who is your fav author?

Don't have one cuz I don't like to read.
    832XG3D.gif
    That is so sad to hear, even for an old cat. I hope your cat pulls through this. I now have about seven kittens, and they all are just now starting to explore their surroundings.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Who is your fav author?

Don't have one cuz I don't like to read.
    I don't read much either. I know that it sounds a bit strange coming from someone who writes.
    But my fav authors are Tolkien, Robert E Howard, Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman, R.A. Salvatore, and James Patterson.
    Arte spamme.
    adV480e.jpg
    832XG3D.gif
    An amazing painting as always, DeKay ^_^

Who is your fav author?

hmm a favourite author is a tough one... maybe Jane Austen? I do think she was a genius and I thoroughly enjoy her books. There are so many others I like though... whatever, I'll stick with Jane lol
    No, I wasn't 11 at the time but my cat was. 😅 But yeah, whenever I do remember about my previous cat and get upset about it, I tell myself she's in heaven now and she would not want me to feel sad for her. 😢🥲

ah my bad! :# That's even worse actually - 11 is so young for a cat! :'( I'm so sorry dude. I have the exact same coping strategy. Normally I don't necessarily believe in Heaven, but when it comes to my cat and other loved ones whom I have lost, I find it most comforting to believe they are out there somewhere and they are happy.

Sending you hugs :heart:

I've been thru that agony before, trust me! My cat was just a few weeks old when I got her, and she lived for 21 years before I had to put her to sleep in 2013. I still miss her.

I had saved her from the previous owners, who wanted to put her down because she was the runt of the litter (of bobcat/domestic shorthair cats)! She wasn't going to be worth much money. But for some reason, I couldn't let her go, and begged for her life. I LITERALLY had saved her from death!

She was the best cat I ever owned. We went thru a least 5 times moving to (4 to different states) . She was on my lap, as we saw the towers came down (on TV) .

Then in about Feb 2013, she started having difficulty with her breathing. Finally on April 18, 2013 I took her to the vet clinic and I had her put to sleep. I held her paw as they gave the shot. I could feel a slight grip and then she released. I feel that was her way of saying thank you. No more suffering with the breathing, and no longer in pain.

Trust me, I know you are going through a very difficult time right now, and I will pray for you and your Kitty!

Sending you both big hugs! :heart::heart:

sending you hugs back! <3 that's so beautiful and so sad :'( you saved that kitty's life and she lived to such an old age for a cat, no doubt feeling very loved and happy every day that she spent with you ^_^ I like to think that about my cats too - that I gave them a happy life and did my best for them.
    Thank you for your kind words of support, they mean a lot.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    That is so sad to hear, even for an old cat. I hope your cat pulls through this. I now have about seven kittens, and they all are just now starting to explore their surroundings.

Thank you <3 I hope so too!
    Ahh kittens are the best! Even though they can drive you mad. I have a one and a half year old boy who we adopted when he was a kitten; he was so crazy, I swore I'd never get a kitten again lol Are you planning on keeping any of them?
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Thanks, magic cat!

Aww, but kittens are the best! Sometimes I wish my cat were a kitten again. 😂 So much easier to pick her up. LOL. And she liked cuddling more.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited May 2021
    Aww, but kittens are the best! Sometimes I wish my cat were a kitten again. 😂 So much easier to pick her up. LOL. And she liked cuddling more.

Really? That's the opposite to my experience! :o when he was a kitten, my boy would only be cuddly for a very short period every day, the rest of the time he was going crazy, running around, battling imaginary enemies lol and he barely ever slept! it was exhausting. Now that he's a little older he's a lot more cuddly and sleeps more. I guess it's just individual differences. When we adopted him, the lady at the cat shelter said "thank God you're going to take him! He's crazy!" :D

p.s. what's your kitty's name? ^_^
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    edited May 2021

Really? That's the opposite to my experience! :o when he was a kitten, my boy would only be cuddly for a very short period every day, the rest of the time he was going crazy, running around, battling imaginary enemies lol and he barely ever slept! it was exhausting. Now that he's a little older he's a lot more cuddly and sleeps more. I guess it's just individual differences. When we adopted him, the lady at the cat shelter said "thank God you're going to take him! He's crazy!" :D

p.s. what's your kitty's name? ^_^

Her name is Cleo.
    QUWgWIh.png

Well, maybe she hangs out with my mom more cuz she gives her treats. My job is to just clean out her litter box twice a day. 😅
    Post edited by DeKay on
    832XG3D.gif
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    Who is your fav author?

I don't read much, but I love Meg Cabot. Princess Diaries is her most famous series but my favorites are The Mediator and Abandon
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:
    How do you make decisions?

I usually try to weight the pros and cons or try to figure out/predict any possible consequences or outcomes that could occur and pick the one with the least risk.
    832XG3D.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top