Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Care to tell me about him? I need to add him to the stable of cute dudes. Also, I came back because I had a question about TS3 CC. I know that TS3 isn't yer jam but maybe someone out there might have some ideas.

Hahaha, 'the stable of cute dudes'. :D Well, his name is Philip Strand and he's from Swedish band Normandie. And he's one of the 3 band guys who made me go, "Wow, this guy can freaking sing!"

He has the prettiest eye color of land and I'm lowkey jealous of it.
    cNTgR2H.gif

He looks super serious sometimes but he's actually a goofball, loves memes and loves to eat. But he hates candy and sweet stuff (except for ice cream), so I can relate. XD
    TKgT6xX.gif

Listen to the talent this band has. :joy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoNfgmNxokI

Hope you'll find someone to answer your TS3 question. Have you tried to post in the TS3 section?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Ugh! I just woke up this morning, and there's snow EVERYWHERE outside! :confounded: I now know why bears hibernate - I just want to go back to bed :sleepy:
    We only had about a total of 6" of snow on the ground all season so far, and that melted away. We had a dusting of snow on the ground earlier today which may or may not still be on the ground right now.
    Snow snow go away, come again another day.

XD
    832XG3D.gif
    edited January 2021
    DeKay wrote: »

XD
    Snow is beautiful to look at so long as you are not freezing your back side off while standing out in the snow.
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    edited January 2021
    Totally been busy with life and just going to catch up in one big post (because that's the nature of the thread, is it not?) :)
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s the first concert you ever went to? And if you have not, what artist would you hope to see first?

Bloc Party. They're very different from the genres I listen to now but back then in 2011-2013, I had an indie rock/indie pop phase. XD

Oh gosh, my first concert? I've been to so many, I'm not entirely sure which was my first :sweat_smile: I know one of the first years I went to Cornerstone (a band festival my parents attended from roughly '03-'15) was back in 2008, so I got to hear bands and sit backstage for artists like Skillet, Flyleaf, The Choir, Over the Rhine, The 77s, The Lost Dogs...geez, there's more, but the list is already long enough :sweat_smile:

2005/'06 was when my grandmother got me in on the Nutcracker ballet tradition, and since my family is musical enough, I'd been going to local band, orchestra, and choir concerts since I was a baby. So if those count too...then I definitely can't tell you when the first concert I ever attended was :sweat_smile:
    So have any of y'all played with the new Scared emotion yet?

Honestly, I don't think my game has updated yet :sweat_smile:
    Today's Q Q is:
    What are you up to today?

The same thing I do everyday, @DeKay - try to take over the world >:) Mwahaha!

*hums the Pinky and the Brain theme song*
    Today's Q Q is:

What is the oldest item in your closet?

I don't know, man. I probably have stuff from like when I was 12. XD

Oldest that I've personally bought? Uhhh, if it counts as being in my closet then I still have the suit I used for competitions back when I swam at the Y...when I was 12 :sweat_smile: but I still have swim shirts/sweatshirts that I've gotten at swim meets from like freshman year of highschool (and other years, of course). And I have the dress I bought for Federation (a music competition--I sang Scarborough Fair and The Sandman [a German folksong]) my freshman year of highschool--fun fact, I wore the same dress for my music jury fall semester freshman year (but I don't remember what I sang then).

But I also have some items that I've thrifted...so I don't know how old they actually are :confused: and I have a scarf that my mother wore in highschool, so it's at least 25 years old. Oh! And I have a 1950s vintage hat. But, being 70 years old and all, it's delicate so I don't wear it often :sweat_smile: so the hat would probably be the oldest thing :joy:

XD

We got about an inch yesterday, but it's already mostly gone today :joy: it's the ice that you have to worry about around here :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather have 10 hobbies, or one passion and no other hobbies at all?

Hmmmmmmmm. Maybe 10 hobbies. Having just one passion is cool but like I would be so one dimensional, I think.
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Hmmmmmmmm. Maybe 10 hobbies. Having just one passion is cool but like I would be so one dimensional, I think.
    For me, it all depends on what the subject matters are.
    Today's Q Q is:

I don't really like the word passion (probably because my grandmother calls me passionate when I'm mad/upset and I hate it, but I digress), so we'll just go with 10 hobbies :sweat_smile:

Reality is that I probably have 10 hobbies anyways :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

For me, it all depends on what the subject matters are.

Any subject matter of your choice.
    832XG3D.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Mind if I do some catching up on QQs I missed?

Oldest item in my closet? For a long time it was me (cymbal crash). But I think it must be a pair of dress shoes I have had for over 10 years, because I never wear them.

First concert was my male progenitor playing chamber music. The music was entrancing. I was a small child and hid so I could listen undetected by him. If he had seen me, he would likely have taken no notice, but I wasn't taking chances. Anyway, he would probably roll in his grave if he knew I now own his tenor recorder and can play that piece on it from memory. So I play it whenever I think to. >:)

10 lighter hobbies or one all-consuming passion? I love getting engrossed in one thing like that, but it would probably be healthier for me to have 10 hobbies I engage in casually. But if I did the one consuming passion long enough, might actually die having accomplished something worthwhile. So that's indeed a tough question.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I'm gonna try baking with coconut flour for the first time this weekend! I hope all goes well. Haha, really looking to use some low carb flour other than almond flour since I'm allergic.
    832XG3D.gif
    I'm gonna try baking with coconut flour for the first time this weekend! I hope all goes well. Haha, really looking to use some low carb flour other than almond flour since I'm allergic.

we're like Jack Spratt and his wife. You can eat no almond, I can eat no coconut. Hoping it goes well for you though. Coconut flour is nice stuff.

xicwqMCm.jpg

we're like Jack Spratt and his wife. You can eat no almond, I can eat no coconut. Hoping it goes well for you though. Coconut flour is nice stuff.

You're allergic to coconut? I think you might beat me in terms of who has more food allergies! XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Same - 10 hobbies.

Plus I think I'm about there...

- RMS TITANIC (and other ships stuff)
    - US Civil War
    - doll photography (I'm still learning with my Monster High dolls right now)
    - coin collecting (US, since that's where I am and old coins are easier to get from "home country" than foreign ones)
    - bicycle collecting (mainly from the 1960's era, but I have 1 from the 70's) . I don't go to the 80's - too modern for me.
    - Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, and other sci-fi stuff
    - Sims plus the Sims community (paying credit where credit is due) :lol:

I think I have most of them wrote down. Others are kinda like a "fling" and not really a real hobby.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

10 hobbies probably

You're allergic to coconut? I think you might beat me in terms of who has more food allergies! XD

I think I might be allergic to coconut too, actually :sweat_smile: last time I had some, I had the same kind of reaction I get when I eat bananas :disappointed:
    7dW3gu7.gif

I think I might be allergic to coconut too, actually :sweat_smile: last time I had some, I had the same kind of reaction I get when I eat bananas :disappointed:

You're allergic to bananas too!???

I really should do a QQ asking you guys' allergies. 😂
    832XG3D.gif

Are either of you allergic to latex also? Latex is a tropical plant, and people who are allergic to it are more likely to be, or become, allergic to tropical fruits like kiwi, mango, etc. Kiwi and latex allergy especially are often found in the same person. I was allergic to kiwi as far back as I could remember, then became allergic to latex, fresh pineapple makes my mouth feel funny but not if it's cooked so that's a different reaction, and then more recently I added coconut and mango to the list. I hate guava so don't even know if I can eat it because I won't eat it.

Anyway, things to know about latex/tropical fruits allergies.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Are either of you allergic to latex also? Latex is a tropical plant, and people who are allergic to it are more likely to be, or become, allergic to tropical fruits like kiwi, mango, etc. Kiwi and latex allergy especially are often found in the same person. I was allergic to kiwi as far back as I could remember, then became allergic to latex, fresh pineapple makes my mouth feel funny but not if it's cooked so that's a different reaction, and then more recently I added coconut and mango to the list. I hate guava so don't even know if I can eat it because I won't eat it.

Anyway, things to know about latex/tropical fruits allergies.

No, I'm not allergic to latex.

Aw, I love guava. :) And I eat kiwis almost every day. I'm eating one now actually. Haha.
    832XG3D.gif
    I think I may be the unfortunate bearer of the title Allergy King here.

over 20 food allergies...none of them are dairy, egg, fish or shellfish, wheat or gluten, or peanuts, or treenuts other than walnut and coconut.

No, I have weird ones like to kohlrabi, corn, nearly every cooking spice or herb, the sulfites in wine and wine vinegar (which I can get around by drinking only an organic wine with no detectable sulfites), arugula, brussels sprouts, broccoli (now...but it's mild so I hope if I stay away from it long enough, I'll be able to eat it again someday).

Then there are all my allergies to animals, fragrances, flowers, and medications, but since we were discussing foods, I'll stick with that.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited January 2021
    Okay, so here's today's Q Q:

Are you allergic to anything? If so, what are they? If not, how dare you. XD

Honey, mango, almond, avocado, maybe walnut (I felt slightly sick once when I ate it but I didn't wanna test it again just to be sure. LOL), too much shellfish but this allergy is not too bad cuz it just makes my fingers swollen. Yes, I'd take swollen fingers over getting a fever/cold, which is what I usually get when I eat stuff that I can't. It's a weird allergy reaction... Well, other than mango; I would vomit when I eat that. Chickpeas... Dust and dirt and mud, raisins... Hmm, I think that's all I can remember from now. Oh wait, I think I might be allergic to mustard as well, but it could possibly be some kinda honey mustard since I'm allergic to honey. I can't eat nacho cheese too.

I think I may be the unfortunate bearer of the title Allergy King here.

over 20 food allergies...none of them are dairy, egg, fish or shellfish, wheat or gluten, or peanuts, or treenuts other than walnut and coconut.

No, I have weird ones like to kohlrabi, corn, nearly every cooking spice or herb, the sulfites in wine and wine vinegar (which I can get around by drinking only an organic wine with no detectable sulfites), arugula, brussels sprouts, broccoli (now...but it's mild so I hope if I stay away from it long enough, I'll be able to eat it again someday).

Then there are all my allergies to animals, fragrances, flowers, and medications, but since we were discussing foods, I'll stick with that.

Dang, that's a lot. I don't think I've eaten that much of stuff to know all the things I'm allergic to. XD I always just stick to stuff that I know are safe for me. Haha. You can go ahead and add non-food allergies too if you want. I probably have some other non food stuff too but they usually don't bother me as much.
    832XG3D.gif
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    edited January 2021

Nah, nothing. I had a reaction to some medicine when I was 3, but then I had another medicine that was very similar when I was like 10 or so, and I was fine, so we're pretty sure I'm over that allergy. Last year, I had reactions to a certain red dye, but after a couple months of staying away from it I was ok. So, I'd say I have exactly zero allergies.

How dare I!? lmao
    they/he
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2021

Cats, horses, and any small animal with fur, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. I’ve gotten a lot better with cats to the point where the worst it will get is a little bit of sneezing. One of my cats started sleeping with me for awhile so it got me used to it. Plus I own 3 cats. Never got used to the other animals tho, and they affect my asthma pretty bad also. My step sister used to have guinea pigs in her room and I couldn’t stay in there for more than 30 minutes. Horses are more like 20. I slept in the same room as my sisters rabbit once (didn’t know I was allergic at that time) and I ended up waking up in the middle of the night to take my nebulizer.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I just found out that TITANIC historian John Paul Eaton has passed. I'm saddened now :cry:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    Mouselline wrote: »

Cats, horses, and any small animal with fur, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. I’ve gotten a lot better with cats to the point where the worst it will get is a little bit of sneezing. One of my cats started sleeping with me for awhile so it got me used to it. Plus I own 3 cats. Never got used to the other animals tho, and they affect my asthma pretty bad also. My step sister used to have guinea pigs in her room and I couldn’t stay in there for more than 30 minutes. Horses are more like 20. I slept in the same room as my sisters rabbit once (didn’t know I was allergic at that time) and I ended up waking up in the middle of the night to take my nebulizer.

me too! cats, dogs, horses (really bad with horses and cats), rats, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs...yes rodents especially but anything with fur.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top