Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Have you ever been splashed water by a passing car?

Yes. And it was awful. XD I was going to work so I spent the whole day in office with my socks out.

Yeah, and at least once it was intentionally. And one time, someone through their drink at me and my then-boyfriend.

And all of this was in Canada, mind you. Polite, my butt. 🙄

😱😱😱

Oh, the drink missed us, by like quite a lot. But they were definitely trying to throw it at us.

What happened tho? If you don't my asking. 😂 It can't be they just started to pick a fight with you guys. 🙈

They weren't picking a fight with us? They were driving by and threw a cup of soda at us.

Ohh. 😂 I thought like they knew you somehow and wanted to get back at you or something.

Nope, just a couple of people being buttholes.

That's so weird that it happened in Canada!! We rarely would see stuff like this in Singapore. XD Cuz you could get in serious trouble doing stuff like this here. LOL!! Maybe we should change it Singaporeans being the 'nicest' country. XD But people always say we're like rude or pretentious. Which I guess is also a bit true. Hahaa. I guess maybe it's also a cultural thing.

I was watching a video the other day of an expat living in Singapore and she was shocked that her boss interviewing her for the first time said "Wow, you lost weight," when she showed the boss her portfolio. But we treat it when someone who says we lost weight as a compliment (even if it's from someone who we don't know) but apparently people around the world don't. LOL.

So my friend, who was from the Maritimes, and I discussed it and she said people there are much nicer in than in Vancouver. Cuz yeah, there were lots of rude people there. Probably a few nice ones, but there are nice and rude people everywhere. It definitely wasn't exceptionally nice. One time I slipped and fell flat on my back in the rain and no one said anything. People just walked around me and I'm pretty sure one guy was even laughing.

I can understand why saying 'wow, you lost weight' could be perceived as a compliment, but if someone said that to during an interview an interview, that would be pretty troubling. I'm not there to discuss my weight, I'm there to discuss a job and showcase my portfolio. My weight shouldn't have any bearing on that and it's not the appropriate time to discuss it. Particularly with a stranger, and one who I would be maintaining a professional relationship with.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Yes. And it was awful. XD I was going to work so I spent the whole day in office with my socks out.

Yeah, and at least once it was intentionally. And one time, someone through their drink at me and my then-boyfriend.

😱😱😱

Oh, the drink missed us, by like quite a lot. But they were definitely trying to throw it at us.

What happened tho? If you don't my asking. 😂 It can't be they just started to pick a fight with you guys. 🙈

They weren't picking a fight with us? They were driving by and threw a cup of soda at us.

Ohh. 😂 I thought like they knew you somehow and wanted to get back at you or something.

That's so weird that it happened in Canada!! We rarely would see stuff like this in Singapore. XD Cuz you could get in serious trouble doing stuff like this here. LOL!! Maybe we should change it Singaporeans being the 'nicest' country. XD But people always say we're like rude or pretentious. Which I guess is also a bit true. Hahaa. I guess maybe it's also a cultural thing.

I was watching a video the other day of an expat living in Singapore and she was shocked that her boss interviewing her for the first time said "Wow, you lost weight," when she showed the boss her portfolio. But we treat it when someone who says we lost weight as a compliment (even if it's from someone who we don't know) but apparently people around the world don't. LOL.

So my friend, who was from the Maritimes, and I discussed it and she said people there are much nicer in than in Vancouver. Cuz yeah, there were lots of rude people there. Probably a few nice ones, but there are nice and rude people everywhere. It definitely wasn't exceptionally nice. One time I slipped and fell flat on my back in the rain and no one said anything. People just walked around me and I'm pretty sure one guy was even laughing.

I can understand why saying 'wow, you lost weight' could be perceived as a compliment, but if someone said that to during an interview an interview, that would be pretty troubling. I'm not there to discuss my weight, I'm there to discuss a job and showcase my portfolio. My weight shouldn't have any bearing on that and it's not the appropriate time to discuss it. Particularly with a stranger, and one who I would be maintaining a professional relationship with.

I’ve never been to Vancouver (or any part of Canada farther west than Ontario), but I will say Atlantic Canadians are a good bunch. You’ll always find a friendly face, a chat, and maybe even a cup of tea from an Atlantic Canadian. :)

I’m sure you can always find someone nice wherever you go, but sadly you can always find someone who’s not so nice wherever you go too. I like to think that most people try to do good most of the time though.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

😱😱😱

Yeah, this is also something a lot of the Youtube comments were saying but like we really got so used to just mentioning someone's weight when we don't know what else to talk about and just wanna start small talk. 😅
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2020
    Today's Q Q is:

😱😱😱

Yeah, this is also something a lot of the Youtube comments were saying but like we really got so used to just mentioning someone's weight when we don't know what else to talk about and just wanna start small talk. 😅

What's wrong with talking about the weather? :joy:
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

😱😱😱

I’ve never been to Vancouver (or any part of Canada farther west than Ontario), but I will say Atlantic Canadians are a good bunch. You’ll always find a friendly face, a chat, and maybe even a cup of tea from an Atlantic Canadian. :)

I’m sure you can always find someone nice wherever you go, but sadly you can always find someone who’s not so nice wherever you go too. I like to think that most people try to do good most of the time though.

I wonder if it's because the cities there are smaller maybe? 🤔
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited October 2020
    Today's Q Q is:

😱😱😱

It's always sunny or raining here in Singapore. There's nothing much to talk about. LOL!! Same today, same yesterday, probably same tomorrow too.
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

😱😱😱

It's always sunny or raining here in Singapore. There's nothing much to talk about. LOL!! Same today, same yesterday, probably same tomorrow too.

That doesn't stop us here in Washington ☔
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Today's Q Q is:

😱😱😱

How does your conversations on weather go? I'm curious. XD
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

😱😱😱

We either talk about it being sunny or when it will next be sunny :joy:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Today's Q Q is:
    Jake Gyllenhaal.
    your energy is chaotic good. no one can ever guess what you're going to do, or say or what you're thinking, but you like it that way. you go with the flow. it seems as though no one really knows any personal things about you, but once they learn anything, all they can think is... "wow... didn't know it did that––" someone could say the most absurd fact about you and people would go "yeah,, that makes sense." you can go from very calm to very overwhelming in a split second and for that reason, you always have everyone on their toes. you lowkey seem like you're out of your mind, but deep down you have a good heart. you're just weird, but people like that about you.

Yay! I like him! XD

e73990886a0202ec14f247cfe04dcdb2.gif

Today's Q Q is:

😱😱😱

We either talk about it being sunny or when it will next be sunny :joy:

That sounds so sad. Hahaha.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2020

You make a joke and...

everyone laughs awkwardly cause it sounds lowkey concerning.

Oh god, I laughed so loud and so knowingly at this. :joy:

Robert Pattinson

100279_1588657197.jpg

like robert, you have a strange aura––very odd and if you weren't weirdly respected by everyone around you, it would be off-putting. you're not afraid to tell people your honest opinion, but sometimes you just might not feel like it and you'll say whatever comes to mind, even if it's the weirdest thing in the world. you have so much fun confusing people, it could be considered one of your hobbies. at the end of the day, you really just don't give a fork. and everyone respects that. also you always look like you're going through something, but that's okay.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Oh my God the fanfic :joy: I'm a character, I'm so proud.
    unknown.png
    Oh my God the fanfic :joy: I'm a character, I'm so proud.

With cats!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    Jake Gyllenhaal.
    your energy is chaotic good. no one can ever guess what you're going to do, or say or what you're thinking, but you like it that way. you go with the flow. it seems as though no one really knows any personal things about you, but once they learn anything, all they can think is... "wow... didn't know it did that––" someone could say the most absurd fact about you and people would go "yeah,, that makes sense." you can go from very calm to very overwhelming in a split second and for that reason, you always have everyone on their toes. you lowkey seem like you're out of your mind, but deep down you have a good heart. you're just weird, but people like that about you.

Yay! I like him! XD

e73990886a0202ec14f247cfe04dcdb2.gif

Lvq0Yyb.gif

Your Result:
    Jeff Goldblum
    you're bizarre, sometimes eccentric but also overall well respected. people value your opinion even though sometimes you have no idea what's going on. you seem like you know everything, and even if you don't, everyone will act like you do cause it just seems right. you're wise. you're also past the point of caring about what other people think of you, and that is your most respected quality. (and if you actually do care, it seems like you don't to everyone else.)
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    I don't know what Wildways is saying and Google Translate isn't helping, maybe. But this is relatable. :D

KmWQf3a.jpg?1

Also, I googled Rebus and it's some kinda puzzle thing but I also just realized that 'rebus' means 'boil' in Malay and now I can't stop laughing.
    832XG3D.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    :smile:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    40 pages to go?
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    We're so close to pg 2000. I'm scared.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2020
    Today's Q Q is:
    Share your fav celebrity/fictional character crush using gifs only.

I don't like to mention my crush by name (or picture, I guess, in this case) because he can be kind of controversial. :grimace:

Personally, I think he can make mistakes and sometimes come off as a bit immature, but he's out human, and overall, he's a good guy.

When I was looking for the other fic posts, I saw that I randomly posted about him once. And I can think of at least one other time I mentioned him in the thread. So I've mentioned him at least twice in here. Also, for some reason, I feel like @Zinniavanilla could figure it out really easily? Or possibly already knows? 🤷 Idk, it's just a feeling I get.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    775ec20d8593f9c076f5a12d71ae4de99af4721c.gifv6033dfee070b81f19ad837d33254f3bbd27b389b.gifv
    832XG3D.gif
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    40 pages?
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    DAT HAIR FLOOF.
    3c99f4a8a9ad110e31dc3c15d48f967c0690ff60.gifv
    832XG3D.gif
    I miss our friends that don't post here anymore :disappointed: