Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited September 2020
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Hey Lyoufln to fun connection, I was just looking for the song that plays in the face scene I was describing, and one of the results that came up on YouTube was a Tiny Desk concert preformed by the same group!

https://youtu.be/GP3jS_gFs-g

Ooo! I haven’t watched that one yet!

I hope you enjoy it, I thought it was great!

And here's the song, in case your curious :wink:

https://youtu.be/hCsYgFyN6-w
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @mintycupcake - they're quite salty. There's a brand that I've seen that is Cajan style (never have tried them though).

@Lyoufln - you only eat the peanuts inside, and toss the shells.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    I have a pain in the neck. 😕
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is the funniest or biggest cooking/baking fail story that you have?

Nothing beats that time I was making microwave brownies and the glass container started melting. 😂 And I took it out and threw water and the whole thing exploded. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Nothing beats that time I was making microwave brownies and the glass container started melting. 😂 And I took it out and threw water and the whole thing exploded. LOL.

The time I was trying to make sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving and I turned my stand mixer on without the shield and sweet potato got flung everywhere.

Cooking Thanksgiving is stressful.
    Post edited by mintycupcake on
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8AmhqYV4o
    81c33cf9b013a52a8bd55c033331ba7ed12d1a55.jpg

Today's Q Q is:

The time I was trying to make sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving and I turned my stand mixer on without the shield and sweet potato got flung everywhere.

Oh dear. That sounds like a mess. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8AmhqYV4o
    81c33cf9b013a52a8bd55c033331ba7ed12d1a55.jpg

Today's Q Q is:

Oh dear. That sounds like a mess. 😂

She's very pretty! I especially like the leaves in her hair. For Homecoming my Sophomore year, I got a bunch of silvery fake plants and had my friend weave them in my hair. Stupidly, I didn't get a photo of it.

I was inspired by this scene in Labyrinth.

https://youtu.be/VppuD1St8Ec

It's probably locked away on one of my old phones. but I took a picture of the sweet potato on my bunny slippers.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    48 pages!!🥳🥂🎉
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh I have plenty of stories to tell. Like one time when we were camping, I picked up dutch oven lid (with gloves on, of course) because we'd been toasting garlic bread. And it was still too hot to handle, even with the welding gloves so I dropped it...on my foot :sweat_smile: I managed to burn my thumb, and bruise my foot. But not the first time I've ever stumped my toe by dropping something on it :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Try and guess what it is
    o3710ya.jpg
    This was ages ago
  • Options
    Bake Day Sunday!! Made some Swedish Cardamom buns cuz I'm inspired by the band Normandie (they're Swedish). :D

PrVESSk.jpg?1

She's very pretty! I especially like the leaves in her hair. For Homecoming my Sophomore year, I got a bunch of silvery fake plants and had my friend weave them in my hair. Stupidly, I didn't get a photo of it.

[...]

It's probably locked away on one of my old phones. but I took a picture of the sweet potato on my bunny slippers.

Thank you. That hairstyle sounded really pretty!! :)
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh I have plenty of stories to tell. Like one time when we were camping, I picked up dutch oven lid (with gloves on, of course) because we'd been toasting garlic bread. And it was still too hot to handle, even with the welding gloves so I dropped it...on my foot :sweat_smile: I managed to burn my thumb, and bruise my foot. But not the first time I've ever stumped my toe by dropping something on it :sweat_smile:

Y'all are wild. XD

Today's Q Q is:

Try and guess what it is
    [...]
    This was ages ago

Bruh, that's like a lump of coal. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Bake Day Sunday!! Made some Swedish Cardamom buns cuz I'm inspired by the band Normandie (they're Swedish). :D

PrVESSk.jpg?1

[...]

Today's Q Q is:

Y'all are wild. XD

Today's Q Q is:

Try and guess what it is
    [...]
    This was ages ago

Bruh, that's like a lump of coal. XD

It is a bread roll, lol
    Out of curiosity I tried to eat some 😂
  • Options

PrVESSk.jpg?1

Yummmm :yum:

[...]

I suspect the effect wasn't quite the same :grimace:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

PrVESSk.jpg?1

Yummmm :yum:

[...]

I suspect the effect wasn't quite the same :grimace:

I'm sure it looks nice cuz at least you have a friend to help you out. Whenever I do my hair, I do it on my own and I don't have like two mirrors so I guess my hairdo is usually uglier than I think it is. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
  • Options
    Handle with care.
    miHHy8n.jpg?1
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    @mintycupcake - they're quite salty. There's a brand that I've seen that is Cajan style (never have tried them though).

@Lyoufln - you only eat the peanuts inside, and toss the shells.

Oh okay. That makes sense with the shell-thing. I’d never heard of boiled peanuts until I went to the US.
    Today's Q Q is:

I was baking a cake and mixed up icing sugar and flour. I didn’t notice until the cake was in the oven and it wasn’t solidifying as it cooked. 🙃
  • Options
    Handle with care.
    miHHy8n.jpg?1

Not as cute as
    YpmPrOE.jpg
  • Options
    Y'all, these cardamom buns are absolutely lit.

I'll put the recipe here for anyone who wants to try. The dough is super soft and I didn't even use a mixer for it (tho recommended for best results, I guess). But the dough is def much more manageable if you're somewhat afraid of getting tired kneading.

https://biteitquick.com/soft-cardamom-buns/
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Handle with care.
    miHHy8n.jpg?1

It's a "cat box" ! :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options