Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    What was the last thing you purchased?

This Photoshop plugin that makes photos/paintings look like real oil paintings.
    It's pretty rad but I gotta go fix it a bit, if I can, cuz I don't like how it resizes my original paintings.
    vKfdzUW.jpg

Battery-operated string lights for my dorm room (normal plug-in ones aren't allowed) and hope I get to use them...

Plug in ones aren't allowed? Weird.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

It's pretty rad but I gotta go fix it a bit, if I can, cuz I don't like how it resizes my original paintings.
    vKfdzUW.jpg

Battery-operated string lights for my dorm room (normal plug-in ones aren't allowed) and hope I get to use them...

They say it's a fire hazard. We can't have anything with a hot plate, so no coffee makers bigger than a Keurig and microwaves have to have barely and wattage. And we can't use command hooks XD
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

They say it's a fire hazard. We can't have anything with a hot plate, so no coffee makers bigger than a Keurig and microwaves have to have barely and wattage. And we can't use command hooks XD

Okay, no hot plates I get. We weren't allowed anything with exposed heating elements, plus the fridge and microwaves had to be had to be a certain power wattage, yeah. But no command hooks? Really?
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

Okay, no hot plates I get. We weren't allowed anything with exposed heating elements, plus the fridge and microwaves had to be had to be a certain power wattage, yeah. But no command hooks? Really?

My guess is too many students didn't take them off the right way and the school had enough. I don't know how much it costs to paint over white brick, but I guess enough to ban them lol

I got a cart for my mini fridge and I'm thinking about putting one or two on it if it's high enough off the ground to bother. It's my stuff I'm potentially wrecking so I don't see why they would care

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    edited July 2020
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

They probably just wanna save electricity. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

My guess is too many students didn't take them off the right way and the school had enough. I don't know how much it costs to paint over white brick, but I guess enough to ban them lol

I got a cart for my mini fridge and I'm thinking about putting one or two on it if it's high enough off the ground to bother. It's my stuff I'm potentially wrecking so I don't see why they would care

Yeah, that makes sense. If we put up command hooks, then we had to leave them up so they could take them down. And there was restrictions on poster putty and stuff like that too.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

Lol probably
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

Yeah, that makes sense. If we put up command hooks, then we had to leave them up so they could take them down. And there was restrictions on poster putty and stuff like that too.

We're allowed white poster putty but it holds next to nothing. I got this whiteboard/corkboard combo and I'm going to hang it on my bedroom wall with putty to see if it will even hold it before I move to college.

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

Shampoo and gummy bears!
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

Lol probably
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

We're allowed white poster putty but it holds next to nothing. I got this whiteboard/corkboard combo and I'm going to hang it on my bedroom wall with putty to see if it will even hold it before I move to college.

Oo, good luck with that! I've struggled to get my corkboard to hang without damaging the wall :sweat_smile: if it works, let me know!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

Lol probably
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

Oo, good luck with that! I've struggled to get my corkboard to hang without damaging the wall :sweat_smile: if it works, let me know!

I will :) I’m going to do it like 2 feet of the ground so it doesn’t break itself or anything else :D

Today's Q Q is:
    Would you ever want to move outside of your country?

When I was a kid, I dreamed of doing that. But now as an adult knowing about all these like getting foreigner passes or whatever just seems like too much work, so maybe no. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited July 2020
    Today's Q Q is:

When I was a kid, I dreamed of doing that. But now as an adult knowing about all these like getting foreigner passes or whatever just seems like too much work, so maybe no. XD

No.

My dad fought for this country. My grandpa also fought for this country. It might not be perfect, but it's my country. And I would never leave it.

My uncle is currently fighting for this country too.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    fe133056160b1bfff5eec92adc264a81638fe960.jpg
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

Lol probably
    Today's Q Q is:

vKfdzUW.jpg

I will :) I’m going to do it like 2 feet of the ground so it doesn’t break itself or anything else :D

That's wise.
    Today's Q Q is:

I've thought about it quite a bit. As a child, I always dreamed of running off to another country right after highschool (I really dislike my state, nor care for America much either), but obviously I'm still here. I'm still hoping to travel, and we'll see what happens.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Update on the wall putty:

We put 4 decent sized blobs of it along the top and it stayed up for somewhere around 5 minutes. And it took paint off the wall with it :D. My parents are repainting my room after I leave so it’s not a big deal, I just think it’s funny that this is the only stuff allowed lol

We put 4 decent sized blobs of it along the top and it stayed up for somewhere around 5 minutes. And it took paint off the wall with it :D. My parents are repainting my room after I leave so it’s not a big deal, I just think it’s funny that this is the only stuff allowed lol

It took the paint off too? :lol: Oh dear :sweat_smile:
    Last semester (since I moved dorms mid year), I ended up just leaning my corkboard against the railing of my bed (I had a loft). Maybe you could do something like that? Then you could always move it around easily.
    7dW3gu7.gif

Last semester (since I moved dorms mid year), I ended up just leaning my corkboard against the railing of my bed (I had a loft). Maybe you could do something like that? Then you could always move it around easily.

I'm thinking about leaning it against the wall on my desk. If I can find a hutch that will fit it underneath, I can attach it to that
    Something like this but with a bigger spot for my board:
    Yak-About-It-Compact-Adjustable-Dorm-Desk-Bookshelf---White.jpg?impolicy=medium&imwidth=320

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member

I’ve never actually seen a loft bed in a dorm before. They weren’t a thing at my university, and I don’t think they’re a thing at other universities I’ve heard of in my part of the country. Maybe they aren’t as big of a thing in Canada (or at least in my part of Canada)?

Regardless, loft beds look cool. It’d be fun to sleep in one, but I’m not sure if I’d like it long-term.
    Lyoufln wrote: »

I’ve never actually seen a loft bed in a dorm before. They weren’t a thing at my university, and I don’t think they’re a thing at other universities I’ve heard of in my part of the country. Maybe they aren’t as big of a thing in Canada (or at least in my part of Canada)?

Regardless, loft beds look cool. It’d be fun to sleep in one, but I’m not sure if I’d like it long-term.

I wanted to loft my bed so I could put a futon underneath it, but surprise, my school doesn’t allow it. You can still lift it enough to put storage underneath though

Lyoufln wrote: »

I've had a loft bed at home since...my little sister was a baby, I think? My bedroom isn't much bigger than the normal dorm room, so to conserve on size, my sister and I had bunk-beds, and then once I was old enough, and we needed the desks, mom got us lofts.
    Outside of my injuries and such, I've always liked having one. Makes things convenient. I'm also not one to lounge in bed and read, or much else, so it works for me and my lifestyle.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    edited July 2020
    Today's Q Q is:
    What were your interests as a child?

Drawing, singing, making keychains, making anything with paper (LOL), making friendship bracelets and cooking and baking.
    Post edited by DeKay on
    832XG3D.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Maybe. I think it would be an amazing experience to live in a different culture and would love to study abroad. I'm not sure I'd want to leave my country and never go back though.
    Today's Q Q is:

Softball (lol), sports in general, I went through a solar system obsession, was super into history during middle school, made Rainbow Loom bracelets when those were popular years ago. Mostly the sports stuff :D

Today's Q Q is:

Drawing, singing, making keychains, making anything with paper (LOL), making friendship bracelets and cooking and baking.

Swimming, music (I started cello at 8 after all), art, books, history, astronomy, Star Trek :joy: most of my interests haven't changed :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

I played the piano and violin.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited July 2020
    Today's Q Q is:

Sims and dogs
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top