Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    In NZ schools run from late January to late November/early December.

University semesters depend on the university, but my uni's first semester starts in late February and ends in June, whereas second semester starts in July and ends in November if I remember correctly.
    Yeah I'm a first year uni student and I don't even know when my year finishes...
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    CatsRule wrote: »
    that sounds awful. my school luckily doesn't start until the end of august but that still seems too soon to me

😢

Schools here start in September and ends in late June (elementary to high school). University and college programs usually go from September to late April (or at least mine did, I think most do).

In here the first semester is from late January to late June and the second semester starts in early August/late July if you're lucky" enough and ends in late November. I heard it gets worse in 12th grade.

Ah okay. Here, kids get one large break in the summer instead of two smaller breaks. I'm not sure why we operate on a two-month break system. It might be partially the weather, or perhaps the agricultural cycle (though I think that one's just a myth? I'm not sure). Many (or perhaps most) schools here do not have air conditioning.

Mom once said she had around 3 months of summer break back in her time
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Have you ever kept a library book and not return it back?

Yes :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Ha! It's not just me!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Ha! It's not just me!

Good to see you bonding over this. 😂😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »

University semesters depend on the university, but my uni's first semester starts in late February and ends in June, whereas second semester starts in July and ends in November if I remember correctly.
    Yeah I'm a first year uni student and I don't even know when my year finishes...

I guess the breaks really do centre around when summertime is, eh? That makes sense though.
    that sounds awful. my school luckily doesn't start until the end of august but that still seems too soon to me

😢

Schools here start in September and ends in late June (elementary to high school). University and college programs usually go from September to late April (or at least mine did, I think most do).

In here the first semester is from late January to late June and the second semester starts in early August/late July if you're lucky" enough and ends in late November. I heard it gets worse in 12th grade.

Ah okay. Here, kids get one large break in the summer instead of two smaller breaks. I'm not sure why we operate on a two-month break system. It might be partially the weather, or perhaps the agricultural cycle (though I think that one's just a myth? I'm not sure). Many (or perhaps most) schools here do not have air conditioning.

:scream: I would've been super jealous of that when I was still in school. One extra month of summer would've been great!
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    I said I have, too.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    I said I have, too.

The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme-500x500.jpg
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I said I have, too.

I mean... I don't do it now. It'd be hard to forget when I'm at the library at least 4 hours a week.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »

I guess the breaks really do centre around when summertime is, eh? That makes sense though.

😢

:scream: I would've been super jealous of that when I was still in school. One extra month of summer would've been great!

I'm still not ready 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I said I have, too.

Look, I don't know about Singapore, but having to pay the fine for lost books here is forking expensive.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    why can t i fo c us on th in g s??????

aaaaAAAA
    help
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I said I have, too.

Look, I don't know about Singapore, but having to pay the fine for lost books here is forking expensive.

It's like this in Singapore:
    3.1 Overdue Fines

Overdue fines are charged at $0.15 per book/magazine/CD-ROM with accompanying book per day and $0.50 per audio-visual item/e device per day.
    Items should be returned before midnight (12.00am) for the stated due date, due items returned after midnight (12.00am) will incur overdue charges.
    Your borrowing privileges will be suspended once charges are incurred in your library account. They will be restored once the outstanding fines are settled.

Also, all public libraries are connected, so if you have a charge, you can't borrow any books from any library too in this case and get away with it. LOL.

And this for lost books:
    For every item lost/damaged, the member will have to pay the cost of the item lost/damaged, administrative fee of $7.15 per item, and $1.05 for lost/damaged video tape and CD-ROM casing.
    Replacements for lost/damaged items will not be accepted.
    There will be no refund once payment is made even if the lost item is found later.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I said I have, too.

I don't believe they have a fee at our library. Which is why it really confused me when somebody was unable to rent a series because he had $16 in late fees? I couldn't do anything about it but tell him to come back some other day when someone who could do something...

Also, I really hate it when people rent series.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    I said I have, too.

I don't believe they have a fee at our library. Which is why it really confused me when somebody was unable to rent a series because he had $16 in late fees? I couldn't do anything about it but tell him to come back some other day when someone who could do something...

Also, I really hate it when people rent series.

I guess your library is similar to ours.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Ha! It's not just me!

We had misplaced it, and thought it was returned in a stack on books before, so we talked to the library about it...they wanted us to replace the book with damaged fines (which was more than the price of the book, we could've replaced it for them cheaper) and they wouldn't even take the book. So we kept it and never paid the fines...I think I owe the local library around $300 in late fees now... :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    We start early August (the first this year) and end late May.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Whelp, I just finished watching my latest binge/put on while doing other things tv show...now I don't know what to watch next.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you trade in your pet (or one of your pets) for a million dollars? You are guaranteed that your pet will be in safe hands but you will never get to see them again.

giphy.gif
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you trade in your pet (or one of your pets) for a million dollars? You are guaranteed that your pet will be in safe hands but you will never get to see them again.

giphy.gif

I don't have a pet
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2019
    This kitty is so punk rock. 🤘

tumblr_pt7x2vz3d41vf983p_540.jpg
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

giphy.gif

I don't have a pet

One of your loved one then, although I think this might not really be equivalent to a pet. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Ha! It's not just me!

We had misplaced it, and thought it was returned in a stack on books before, so we talked to the library about it...they wanted us to replace the book with damaged fines (which was more than the price of the book, we could've replaced it for them cheaper) and they wouldn't even take the book. So we kept it and never paid the fines...I think I owe the local library around $300 in late fees now... :sweat_smile:

It costs more because it is a library copy. Video rentals replacements also cost more. This is because for them to legally allow people to borrow it, they have to pay more. This is to make up for the fact that people will be viewing it without paying the publisher the cost of the book (or the production company the cost of the movie).
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Is this ain't the truth...
    tumblr_psyv770rFW1vjcb7vo1_540.jpg
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Heckin' nope.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

giphy.gif

I mean, knowing that this fella here is generous (and obviously filthy rich) enough to give you a million dollars I'd be assuming that my pet would be better off in their hands than mine. They could probably offer better food, better toys for them to play with and even a luxurious king-size double bed. Surely I would miss my pet but to think that they're in good care living a fantastic life somewhere safe and sound is enough for me to let go.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    i just wanted to eat chicken strips and they burned my thumb :(
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top