Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited May 2019
    Uhhh i'm really freaked out right now

So about... like, a week ago? Or a week and a half ago? I weighed myself and i was about 77 lbs. About 2-3 days ago i showered, and afterwards weighed myself again and it said 99 lbs. I just weighed myself a few minutes ago and suddenly i'm 95.

Is something wrong or could the scale be malfunctioning?? It's pretty old but i don't know, i'm really freaking out. I'm not worried about gaining weight, more losing it because i'm skinny enough.

I'm guessing 20lbs is about 10kg. 10kg is pretty huge and you should be able to see a huge difference in your body. So if you don't feel like you're packing any extra fats or water weight, then I think the scale is broken.

Gurl, I also hate gaining weight. D: I'm like 59kg and been stuck there since forever. I was about 56.5kg in 2017 when I started eating salads and giving up on rice. But then I fell sick and had to eat a lot cuz of my antibiotics starving me. I don't know what to do with my life anymore. But I'm just gonna do weight training now cuz they say people who are skinny fat should do that more than cardio. XD

So about... like, a week ago? Or a week and a half ago? I weighed myself and i was about 77 lbs. About 2-3 days ago i showered, and afterwards weighed myself again and it said 99 lbs. I just weighed myself a few minutes ago and suddenly i'm 95.

Is something wrong or could the scale be malfunctioning?? It's pretty old but i don't know, i'm really freaking out. I'm not worried about gaining weight, more losing it because i'm skinny enough.

Weight can fluctuate by a few to several pounds throughout the day for various reasons. That's why they tell you to weigh yourself first thing in the morning at the same time every day. The jump from 77 to 95 isn't super alarming, either. Is the scale digital?

Nah. I think the jump from 99 to 95 is normal. Sometimes I can also lose about 1 kg in a day but it's just fluctuation. But 77 to 95 is a big difference. I think even if someone is on their period, the most they can gain is about half of that and that is if your hormones are way out of wack. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

I'm guessing 20lbs is about 10kg. 10kg is pretty huge and you should be able to see a huge difference in your body. So if you don't feel like you're packing any extra fats or water weight, then I think the scale is broken.

Gurl, I also hate gaining weight. D: I'm like 59kg and been stuck there since forever. I was about 56.5kg in 2017 when I started eating salads and giving up on rice. But then I fell sick and had to eat a lot cuz of my antibiotics starving me. I don't know what to do with my life anymore. But I'm just gonna do weight training now cuz they say people who are skinny fat should do that more than cardio. XD

Weight can fluctuate by a few to several pounds throughout the day for various reasons. That's why they tell you to weigh yourself first thing in the morning at the same time every day. The jump from 77 to 95 isn't super alarming, either. Is the scale digital?

Nah. I think the jump from 99 to 95 is normal. Sometimes I can also lose about 1 kg in a day but it's just fluctuation. But 77 to 95 is a big difference. I think even if someone is on their period, the most they can gain is about half of that and that is if your hormones are way out of wack. :D

That's what I'm talking about. 77 to 95 isn't a big deal for the reason you mentioned; it would be extremely obvious, including to Lyric's family if she had lost that much weight. But there could be that large of a difference for many reasons, beyond "the scale is broken". If it's not digital, it's highly unlikely that it is "broken", which is why I was asking.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited May 2019
    I usually weigh 125 pounds, but today (at my doctor's appointment), I weighed in at 131! :open_mouth:

I consider myself to have average hormones from someone my age (40+).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

I don't know. I don't know the difference between a digital and a non digital scale.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    edited May 2019

That's what I'm talking about. 77 to 95 isn't a big deal for the reason you mentioned; it would be extremely obvious, including to Lyric's family if she had lost that much weight. But there could be that large of a difference for many reasons, beyond "the scale is broken". If it's not digital, it's highly unlikely that it is "broken", which is why I was asking.

But she gained the weight, not lose weight?

But to be fair, 99lb is a good weight. It's a big diff from 77. But it's good. If that makes sense.

I don't know. I don't know the difference between a digital and a non digital scale.

Digital:
    1_7512.jpg

Non-digital:
    Non-Digital-Bathroom-Scale-Analog-For-Body-Weight.jpg
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

But to be fair, 99lb is a good weight. It's a big diff from 77. But it's good. If that makes sense.

Digital:
    1_7512.jpg

Non-digital:

Ah okay. It's a digital, then
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

Digital:
    1_7512.jpg

Non-digital:

Then, maybe it's broken. Maybe you can also ask someone else in the house who has recently taken their weight before it 'broke'?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Ehr, yeah, that's what I meant. :sweat_smile: Gained, not lost. Either way, a major fluctuation like that would be highly noticable. 99 lbs would put them at pretty much the 50 percentile for their age. 77 lbs would honestly be way too light, especially considering how tall Lyric is already.

Digital:
    1_7512.jpg

Non-digital:

Then, maybe it's broken. Maybe you can also ask someone else in the house who has recently taken their weight before it 'broke'?

It probably just needs new batteries, tbh. Then I'd recalibrate it. And if it was still having problems, I'd probably assume something was wrong with it then. Also, it might have to do with the way Lyric got on it or how it was positioned.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    I'm a sensitive Scorpio.

You have a lot of very deep feelings; you might be best described by the sentence “still waters run deep”. Your ideal life includes real bonds that involve true intimacy and honest conversation.

But you’re not about to share that with just anyone. You’ll make anyone’s experience with you a transformative one through your fearless intuition, but they have to earn it.

Me? Sensitive? LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    As well a sensitive Scorpio.
    I actually have taken a Natal chart before, my real moon sign is a Gemini.

Also i think it's a scale/posture issue, because suddenly i'm back at 99. I don't think i could've gained 4 pounds in a few hours.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

Also i think it's a scale/posture issue, because suddenly i'm back at 99. I don't think i could've gained 4 pounds in a few hours.

Usually, with my digital scale, I would just put my foot on it first to "turn it on" and when the numbers come up, then only I step with both feet. If I don't do this, the results may be a bit weird sometimes.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    I'm a sensitive Scorpio.

You have a lot of very deep feelings; you might be best described by the sentence “still waters run deep”. Your ideal life includes real bonds that involve true intimacy and honest conversation.

But you’re not about to share that with just anyone. You’ll make anyone’s experience with you a transformative one through your fearless intuition, but they have to earn it.

Me? Sensitive? LOL.

"What's your favorite amusement park?"
    Baby, like I know!

Also,we should do a "Are you left or right brained?" quiz tomorrow, cuz I didn't really know.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

Usually, with my digital scale, I would just put my foot on it first to "turn it on" and when the numbers come up, then only I step with both feet. If I don't do this, the results may be a bit weird sometimes.

That's what I do too. If i don't it'll tell me my weight is E. Whatever that means
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Today's Q Q is:
    I'm a sensitive Scorpio.

Me? Sensitive? LOL.

Baby, like I know!

Also,we should do a "Are you left or right brained?" quiz tomorrow, cuz I didn't really know.

:D:D:D I think mainly if you are right handed, you are left brained. And vice versa.

That's what I do too. If i don't it'll tell me my weight is E. Whatever that means

Error, my child.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    Scorpio
    I ever heard if there're 13 zodiac I will Ophiuchus. Someone said Ophiuchus is Scorpio+Sagittarius😃
    Still waters run deep😃
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    I'm a sensitive Scorpio.

Me? Sensitive? LOL.

My actual moon sign is Virgo, so no tests for me (I don’t want it to be inaccurate 😛). I’m also left brained.
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member

:D:D:D I think mainly if you are right handed, you are left brained. And vice versa.

It's more of a creativity versus logic type thing
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    afai1261 wrote: »

It's more of a creativity versus logic type thing

Yeah, that's true as well. :D
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    There is a rabbit living in my room now. He isn't very interesting.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Senpai Dylan, why you so precious? 😭😭😭
    55LJgQ0.jpg
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    There is a rabbit living in my room now. He isn't very interesting.

I'll send Elmer Fudd right over for that "wascally wabbit"! :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Senpai Dylan, why you so precious? 😭😭😭
    55LJgQ0.jpg

Dylan looks 100% cuter with dark hair. And I'm not totally biased or anything.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    I'm a sensitive Scorpio.

Me? Sensitive? LOL.

Baby, like I know!

Error, my child.

No. i am E.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    I'm a sensitive Scorpio.

Me? Sensitive? LOL.

Baby, like I know!

Error, my child.

No. i am E.

latest.png?width=206&height=300
    ?
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    I'm a sensitive Scorpio.

Me? Sensitive? LOL.

Baby, like I know!

Error, my child.

No. i am E.

latest.png?width=206&height=300
    ?

image00.gif
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top