March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    y'all: play Mafia with us Minty!
    me: no, there's so much drama, your threads always get closed
    y'all: that only happened like twice!
    Mods: I'm closing this Mafia thread due to the fighting.
    me:

WM6g5kZ.gif?noredirect
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Is it dumb that i'm having a panic attack because i got reminded of something good
    But it's something i really miss and probably will never get back so seeing it made me upset

No. I get upset if I remember happy times that I can never get back, or a person who I’ll never see again.
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Before I clap along, can someone please explain what feeling like a room without a roof feels like? Cuz it sounds kinda sad to me. Not something I'd clap along to because I'm happy.

Horrible if you live in Singapore cuz you're gonna die of heat exhaustion in the day and then when it rains, all your belongings are gonna be wet.
    why can i hear someone at the door?????? guys help it's 2:32 am i got caught up in writing this is how it ends
    I'm still writing (it's almost done so gonna finish it before bed) and i wrote takeout instead of make out
    i'm tired
    LluviaRain wrote: »
    nani wrote: »
    I've been hearing about a game on Tumblr and i got curious so i decided to download it. So far i'm really enjoying it. Already have taken a liking to one of the characters. It also gave me an option to have my character go by they pronouns (and believe me, i'm a sucker for situations where i can go by my preferred pronouns :joy:)
    I'm also kind of wanting to draw the character i said i like. You know i've taken a liking to a character when i wanna draw them :lol:

What game is this and i didn't know you preferred they, noted

I didn’t know that either. I’ll need to remember that.

Aww. Both of this made my day :blush:

--
    It's 3 AM and my uncle came out of his room so my line of logic was "if i stand really still, he won't notice i'm up"
    i think it worked

*cough cough https://www.uofmhealth.org/news/archive/201809/more-half-parents-sleep-deprived-teens-blame-electronics cough*
    Before I clap along, can someone please explain what feeling like a room without a roof feels like? Cuz it sounds kinda sad to me. Not something I'd clap along to because I'm happy.

I don't know. So much sun is miserable and I wouldn't want to get rained on.

Cold, wet, massively ruins carpets.

See that's what I'm saying. Pharrell lied to us, with his catchy melody and giant hat.

I hate that song anyways.

Ooo, I'm so surprised. Dekay hates a popular song 🙄😂
    citysimmer wrote: »

It's supposed mean "you're so happy you have no limits" but a room without a roof wouldn't be it.

Huh. Well. That is certainly a choice.

I hate most popular songs that came out after 2010, yes. 🤣🤣 Cuz they all stink and are overplayed. And that song sounds lame. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Is it dumb that i'm having a panic attack because i got reminded of something good
    But it's something i really miss and probably will never get back so seeing it made me upset

No. I get upset if I remember happy times that I can never get back, or a person who I’ll never see again.

Good to hear i'm not the only one...

I'm still kinda panicked but mostly annoyed with myself. I thought i was finally gonna be able to get over what happened but here i am.
    Though, i guess maybe it's not something i can completely get over. I've always been scared of becoming a toxic friend and it ended up happening. :/
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!

I'm still kinda panicked but mostly annoyed with myself. I thought i was finally gonna be able to get over what happened but here i am.
    Though, i guess maybe it's not something i can completely get over. I've always been scared of becoming a toxic friend and it ended up happening. :/

You don't need real life friends.
    FwDXXd5.gif

I don't have any.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

(And here we have DeKay giving people bad advice). XD Nah, but seriously, it's not bad advice. Don't deal with people = no chances of people screwing you over. 👌
    FwDXXd5.gif

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

(And here we have DeKay giving people bad advice). XD Nah, but seriously, it's not bad advice. Don't deal with people = no chances of people screwing you over. 👌

Thing is, places like here and Discord are the only places i can talk to people. I can't communicate IRL. I couldn't have a connection with someone IRL like i could here. So when i ruin a friendship with an online friend it really hits me. Really, even on the internet there's barely any people who really get me. So now i just feel... i don't know. More numb than anything really.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

Thing is, places like here and Discord are the only places i can talk to people. I can't communicate IRL. I couldn't have a connection with someone IRL like i could here. So when i ruin a friendship with an online friend it really hits me. Really, even on the internet there's barely any people who really get me. So now i just feel... i don't know. More numb than anything really.

You're also homeschooled. I can't tell you the number of posts I've seen from millennials talking about how hard it is to make friends once you're no longer in school.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

Oh, I feel you.

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

You're also homeschooled. I can't tell you the number of posts I've seen from millennials talking about how hard it is to make friends once you're no longer in school.

I must be one of those millenials. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

Even if i wasn't i still don't have much of a chance of making friends. I'm not a likable person.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

Even if i wasn't i still don't have much of a chance of making friends. I'm not a likable person.

Well, you never know. I'm like super unlikeable and my face screams "Don't talk to me" but I still had friends in school. Cuz you have to sit beside someone in a class and the only way to be sane is to talk to the person beside you. 😂😂😂 I would just talk to anyone beside me, really whether they're like or me or not. Like one time, I had to sit beside a guy for the whole semester and then we would just have arm wrestling matches before class starts. That was fun. Hahaa.
    FwDXXd5.gif

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

Well, you never know. I'm like super unlikeable and my face screams "Don't talk to me" but I still had friends in school. Cuz you have to sit beside someone in a class and the only way to be sane is to talk to the person beside you. 😂😂😂 I would just talk to anyone beside me, really whether they're like or me or not. Like one time, I had to sit beside a guy for the whole semester and then we would just have arm wrestling matches before class starts. That was fun. Hahaa.

yeah, I feel like the media kind of over portrays that whole "loner with absolutely no friends no one will even talk to them" trope. I can't think of anyone at either of the high schools I went to who didn't have acquaintances to talk to, if not friends (obviously I didn't keep close tabs on thousands of people, so I couldn't objectively comment on the closeness of their relationships). If you're a goth, you group with other goths, if you're a theater nerd, you group with other theater nerds. Sometimes there is overlap. But just because you're not popular doesn't mean you won't have anything in common with anyone. Also, you dodged out on middle school, which, in my experience, is the worst. In high school, people start to mature and become more tolerant.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

yeah, I feel like the media kind of over portrays that whole "loner with absolutely no friends no one will even talk to them" trope. I can't think of anyone at either of the high schools I went to who didn't have acquaintances to talk to, if not friends (obviously I didn't keep close tabs on thousands of people, so I couldn't objectively comment on the closeness of their relationships). If you're a goth, you group with other goths, if you're a theater nerd, you group with other theater nerds. Sometimes there is overlap. But just because you're not popular doesn't mean you won't have anything in common with anyone. Also, you dodged out on middle school, which, in my experience, is the worst. In high school, people start to mature and become more tolerant.

I literally had no friends in school.
    No acquaintance, the "rejects" rejected me lmao
    As you can see, I'm alive
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

edited March 2019

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

Hmm, that's weird. Did they make you sit beside someone? Like your tables are "stuck" to each other (no spaces in between)? Cuz here in Singapore, it's like that but I always see those American shows and it's not like that so I wonder. XD But I feel like it does make a difference even tho it looks like such a small thing.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    I only went to "school" for 1-2 years and did not have friends, in fact we stopped going because a kid would throw stuff at me and shoved my brother into a ditch and no one did anything about it.

But I wasn't even 10 yet, I imagine kids stop being so stupid sometime after that? I've heard the highschool here is horrid though so I hardly regret not going.
    unknown.png
    I only went to "school" for 1-2 years and did not have friends, in fact we stopped going because a kid would throw stuff at me and shoved my brother into a ditch and no one did anything about it.

But I wasn't even 10 yet, I imagine kids stop being so stupid sometime after that? I've heard the highschool here is horrid though so I hardly regret not going.

Yes, they stop being stupid after that. 😁😁
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    edited March 2019

Last time I went to the park there I got rocks thrown at me by people I didn't know, I was at least 13
    People like throwing stuff at me, I guess.
    unknown.png

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

Dang, I'm sorry. Were you at a smaller school than what the failing US education system blessed me with? I could see how that might happen if there were only a few hundred people (or fewer, although at some point I would imagine the class would be so small you'd just have to make due with whomever was available - like one of my 9th grade English teachers, who went to a school with low enrollment level due to being in an area that was failing because the town had been built on a lumbermill that was closing. By the time she graduated, she was one of three students.)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Last time I went to the park there I got rocks thrown at me by people I didn't know, I was at least 13

I think it's just the people there at your place are crazy. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif

Sounds like a bunch of hoodlums. 🙄 Also, though, even if you had friends, when kids behave like that, having friends won't protect you from their.... tomfoolery. Some kid made my brother sit on a pair of scissors. That kid literally ended up going to prison as an adult.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited March 2019
    I think if kids here throw stuff at you, you can just pretty much call the cops. XD We're like super strict here and must always behave in good order.

LOL, which reminds me of the other day. I was taking a sip of water in the train (it wasn't even moving yet) and this train station dude who sometimes goes into the train to check on people saw me drinking, and came up to me and said something like, "You know you're not supposed to drink," or something like that (I didn't hear him properly cuz I got my music on), so I was like "Hmm?"

And then he asked if I spoke Chinese and my brain clicked that he was scolding me for drinking water so I said, "But this plain water."

And he showed me the sign that says 'no drinking - fine $500' and was like, "Yeah but are you drinking?" And I was like, "Yeaaaah." But in my head I was just like, "No, I'm not drinking, I'm conSumiNG waTeR."

But I know if I said that, he's gonna fine my butt so I shut up. Haaha.

Duuuude, and I swear to God he probably alerted all the stations in Singapore cuz also on the same day, I got stopped by another staff and he wanted to check my backpack (which I use everyday and it's never happened to me before).

Gawd, it's like you drink water on a train and you're suddenly a terrorist. 😂😰😰
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited March 2019
    Lately i've kind of been debating on changing my username. Thing is, A) I don't know if i should, B ) I'm used to LyricSimsz15, and C) I don't have any ideas :joy:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member

I don't have any.

Stay that way.

Dang, I'm sorry. Were you at a smaller school than what the failing US education system blessed me with? I could see how that might happen if there were only a few hundred people (or fewer, although at some point I would imagine the class would be so small you'd just have to make due with whomever was available - like one of my 9th grade English teachers, who went to a school with low enrollment level due to being in an area that was failing because the town had been built on a lumbermill that was closing. By the time she graduated, she was one of three students.)

Primary school was small, i scared people away for some reason. Decided to have fun with it and ran after boys to scare them.

Middle school (between primary and high school) was a little bit bigger but essentially was full off the people from my past school - was full on bullied because i spent recess reading instead of having friends.

High school - still bullied, no one in my field of study were into the same thing as me, also the high school was bigger but it still carried the same people from my past schools. I've spent hours at the high school library. Even when i should have been in classes. *Cough* PE class are worse than hell *cough*

After i left school i was ..... emotionally scarred to say the least.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

Lately i've kind of been debating on changing my username. Thing is, A) I don't know if i should, B ) I'm used to LyricSimsz15, and C) I don't have any ideas :joy:

You can only change it once, so you better think properly.
    FwDXXd5.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top