Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nanny doesn't care?

I just hired one of these for the first time and all she does is turn up, cook a meal and then watches TV all day completely ignoring a baby that clearly needed feeding. Do they only work from ages toddler up or do I need to do something else?

Comments

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hmm...I've never used a Nanny for a infant. So that is rather strange. I know for toddlers, the nanny does indeed only need to do is cook and can ask the Nanny for things if needed. Since our little ones can pretty much do everything else on their own. However maybe EA figured that that we wouldn't need a Nanny for infants and assumed we'd put them in daycare, compared to the toddlers since most might want to continue working on skills while mom and dad are gone.

This is interesting, I might try this for the next generation of future infant sims in my game.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    It's likely her traits. She might be a lazy sim. I've had one like her, but I've also had one who was awesome with babies and toddlers. Luck of the draw, I suppose.
    It's likely her traits. She might be a lazy sim. I've had one like her, but I've also had one who was awesome with babies and toddlers. Luck of the draw, I suppose.

ooh! I didn't think of that. That could highly be the case.
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You can fire a nanny, then next time you hire one you could get a different one -- I think just the friendship bar takes a negative hit. I got a male nanny and other than one of those big ugly beards (which I edited out in Manage Households) he's been awesome.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Lol I hired a nanny to take care of the kids the other day while the parents were out on a date. When they arrived the lot the nanny was there playing violin. I was like "Aren't you supposed to be home taking care of the kids?" :P these bugs (or just lack of programming) are so immersion breaking in my opinion :|
  • ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    same with me! with all the nannies actually, i've fired MANY because of this.
    i had to have my sims come home from work early multiple times to make sure my toddler/infant doesn't get taken away!

daycare from now on
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Nannies are very hit and miss. I find the butlers to be much more reliable both with kiddos and gardens. Cleaning and repairing not so much, but that's fine.
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    This sucks! What's the point of providing services that don't do what they sat on the tin, I'm still waiting for a pizza ordered a month ago! And if daycare is going to be the only option why is there no charge for that? It's the same story with every release, what should have added more to our game is instead let down by sloppy work and oversights on the detail. So frustrating! :s
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I think it's just pot luck. My sim hires a really good one.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • amberquigleyamberquigley Posts: 122 Member
    It would be kinda cool if you hired a nanny and temporarily they were in the household so you could control them to do their jobs and then once the parents are back they're removed from the household, take their fee, and leave.
  • jencperryjencperry Posts: 79 Member
    I actually had the best nanny/manny ever! I had twin boys who were infants and a toddler girl and I needed the help! He was incredible...he actually took great care of my twins and even cooked dinner every night. My lil toddler also loved him and had a great relationship with him. I think it's sort of like real like...luck of the draw. There are great nannies out there in real life, and some really awful nannies as well.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm beginning to think that how well a nanny does depends on their traits. I just fired one. I got a message that the baby was hungry but the nanny was focused on helping the child with piano. Great that the nanny was helping the child, but the baby hadn't been fed. Yep, fired him. He wasn't exactly lazy, but I didn't like how he multitasked.

So I hired a new nanny. Now the new nanny, she's not an elder so she can move around a bit faster and she's on top of everything. I tip her everyday too, so I don't know if that helps any. But she multitasks with all three of the kids (baby, toddler, child). To add some drama, the husband had an affair with the nanny, who is now pregnant...so not sure how that will work...if I'll get to keep her as a nanny or not. I hope so, as she's the best I've ever had in game, as far as taking care of multiple kids and being on top of everything.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I'm beginning to think that how well a nanny does depends on their traits. I just fired one. I got a message that the baby was hungry but the nanny was focused on helping the child with piano. Great that the nanny was helping the child, but the baby hadn't been fed. Yep, fired him. He wasn't exactly lazy, but I didn't like how he multitasked.

So I hired a new nanny. Now the new nanny, she's not an elder so she can move around a bit faster and she's on top of everything. I tip her everyday too, so I don't know if that helps any. But she multitasks with all three of the kids (baby, toddler, child). To add some drama, the husband had an affair with the nanny, who is now pregnant...so not sure how that will work...if I'll get to keep her as a nanny or not. I hope so, as she's the best I've ever had in game, as far as taking care of multiple kids and being on top of everything.
    I had the same thing but she was more focused on helping the toddler with his blocks then taking care of the baby.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I dont believe it has a thing to do with traits. Because all of the nannies ive hired let the children starve or fall asleep on the floor. All the nanny does is walk back and forth . Maybe cook something. Watch tv. Or stare at the wall.
  • NPablaNPabla Posts: 4 New Member
    My nanny is amazing - he sprays the monsters under the bed which my mum sim never does because her trait is that she hates kids!
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Guess I've been lucky...all my Nannies have been fantastic.
    in fact several times the Nanny has either dropped by or called on the kids birthdays.
    Don't know if that's coincidence or not....but it's happened enough times for me to take note of it.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Honey badger nanny

5n7ujn.jpg
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    in fact several times the Nanny has either dropped by or called on the kids birthdays.
    Don't know if that's coincidence or not....but it's happened enough times for me to take note of it.

Pretty much my Nanny. Infact, he seems like my whole neighborhoods' nanny :lol: . He seems rather professional like all the time lol. The first thing he does the moment he walks in the house is make a huge plate of food (always veggie safe!). He does sit down for t.v, but the moment a child asks for something, he's on it immediately. I almost always tip him, cause he's really good at what he does (one family almost became broke :lol:).

But he doesn't stop there, whether it's birthday parties, weddings, etc. he's always there. One time, since he did such an amazing job helping out with the kids, I invited him to one of my sims wedding. It was a good call too, because even though he was off duty, he went right over to the shy toddler who didn't know anyone at the party. But she was sooo happy to see him! and she pretty much talked to him all through the party.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Pretty much my Nanny. Infact, he seems like my whole neighborhoods' nanny :lol: . He seems rather professional like all the time lol. The first thing he does the moment he walks in the house is make a huge plate of food (always veggie safe!). He does sit down for t.v, but the moment a child asks for something, he's on it immediately. I almost always tip him, cause he's really good at what he does (one family almost became broke :lol:).

But he doesn't stop there, whether it's birthday parties, weddings, etc. he's always there. One time, since he did such an amazing job helping out with the kids, I invited him to one of my sims wedding. It was a good call too, because even though he was off duty, he went right over to the shy toddler who didn't know anyone at the party. But she was sooo happy to see him! and she pretty much talked to him all through the party.

Yep I've had three Nannies since toddlers and they've all behaved exacctly as you describe for me as well
    In fact..

This one sprayed for monsters under the bed after he died and the kids were teens.
    He had a better relationship with some of the seven kids than their Foster Mom.
    His name was Walter Connelly RIP

01-24-17_4-38-33AM.png
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Yep I've had three Nannies since toddlers and they've all behaved exacctly as you describe for me as well
    In fact..

This one sprayed for monsters under the bed after he died and the kids were teens.
    He had a better relationship with some of the seven kids than their Foster Mom.
    His name was Walter Connelly RIP

01-24-17_4-38-33AM.png

That's some serious dedication there :bawling:
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I find, in general, all employees do better when you interact with them. This is especially true in restaurants and retail. But I think it is also true with the butlers and nannies. And keep in mind, the nannies often aren't caring for their needs. I had a nanny once who was on my home lot for days. She was a mess. I ended up using the cheat to get her needs filled, the poor thing.
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    @Dreamie209 wow, your nanny makes vegetarian-friendly food? Most of the kids in my sim family are vegetarian, but the nanny always makes hot dogs, chili and other things they can't eat! She also does seem to spend more time watching TV than taking care of the toddlers. One time I had the nanny over while the parents were sleeping, and she came and watched TV in their bedroom!

Sounds like we need to fire the nanny...
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    @Uzone27 that is the saddest, most beautiful nanny story ever!!
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    A monster spraying ghost nanny....doesn't get any better than that!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    when I had a single sim with 7 toddlers, the nanny was great, he made a family meal, then potty trained and bathed the toddlers, he worked for two solid days without leaving, or sleeping. he then went away for a sim day and was back the next without being called, he was great, cleaning, cooking bathing and finally helping with blocks and playing.