Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Vie' ?

emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
So I've only just found out about this 'vie' thing and I hope it's true.

However, it does not seem very legit. 'we are simmers just like you'
It is either a legit fan made game or a scam, based off that statement.
I still choose to believe though.

What would you want from it and do you think it is a scam?
Does anyone have any idea of any info on it? (other than that we'll get info on March 15)
feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!

Comments

• If it's real I hope Maxis sues them and gets them shut down.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    There are a few threads about it already, some with links to videos...
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited February 2017
    It's real enough as far as I know, but it's at an early development stage right now rather than a game. I think The Sims Franchise is long overdue for some type of competitor, so this might be interesting.
    If it's real I hope Maxis sues them and gets them shut down.

Not sure if that's really viable, since it's perfectly legal to make a simulation game based on day to day life, as long as it's not a carbon copy of The Sims.

EDIT: LOL DERP
    Post edited by TheDismalSimmer on
    dgvibNQ.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    As long as they're not ripping off actual copyrighted code or directly copying the game, there's probably no basis for a lawsuit.

If you look at the success of a game like Cities:Skylines (which is what SimCity 2013 should have been) you can see there is definitely a market for simulation games. A little bit of friendly competition just keeps a company from getting complacent.

Last I saw they're still pre-alpha, so still a long way from actual release (probably not till 2018 I would say) though they've supposedly got a big announcement in mid-March. If you look at the mod community there's definitely the talent out there to make a simulation game, even if they start out at the level of Sims 1 and grow from there.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    It's an open market. EA cannot monopolize the genre of simulation games. They can copyright their content, logo, and brand but nothing more.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Like to check it out - anyone have a link to it?
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    It's an open market.
    In theory, anyway. The hard question is, how do you capture the spirit of what makes people love the sims without crossing into iffy copyright territory?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    edited February 2017
    Geeze. These threads keep popping up like mushrooms.

This game is a hoax. The person who keeps trolling with his fake game has had his reddit accounts suspended.

Threads here and here.

I feel for those holding out hope for this to be legit, and inadvertantly feeding this troll's endless need for attention.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I saw a clip on ytube, it looks aweful in my opinion. not a game I would play.
  • AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    I think it might be some game mod thing based on an engine from a previous game? LIke someone tried to remake a blend of the games in TS3 or TS4 engine.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I think it might be some game mod thing based on an engine from a previous game? Like someone tried to remake a blend of the games in TS3 or TS4 engine.

Would that be legal though? It's likely they'd use an old engine but it might not be legal... methinks.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    This genre really, really NEEDS some competition, and I would be the first to jump ship. So I WISH it was real, but unfortunately it's just a hoax. There's plenty of posts around explaining this already, but this is a very bad joke that refuses to die. :p
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited February 2017
    A person online (I think they're called "Madame Butterfly", I cba find the screenshot of the post) claimed that the project is completely fake, though they provided no evidence (though they did give valid reasons for not being able to provide evidence).
    I'm on the fence because, at this current point, there's no proof whether the game exists or not, so I'm just going to sit and watch it unfold! ;)

Either way, there's like 10000 discussions about Vie at this point, so you should probably just skim over them for the full story; at this point, most people have already stated their opinions and findings in the other threads anyway, so it's probably better! :)
  • rosethesimmerrosethesimmer Posts: 109 Member
    It is actually a cruel joke. I have no clue about it, but there was a post about it being fake.