Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do your sims travel from floor to floor?

Hiya simmers :)
This one is including all games in the series, so if you do it differently for different games, please say so.
It'd be really interesting to know how your sims travel from floor to floor usually.

In TS3:
-If it is a small, modern house, they can have spiral staircase to save space and it looks cool
-If it is a big fancy old manor, screw the lifts and modern stuff, just give them some normal stairs
-I only ever use ladders in holiday camps, public zones, grim places and house boats
-I never use the square elevators, I only use the round fancy ones from ITF and I try not to overuse them

And in TS4, my sims have nothing but basic stairs to use, that are kind of rectangular :'(
(but TS4 is still valid, since technically this is the TS4 section of the forums)

Does your choice depend on context or do you just mash the same stairs in everywhere?
feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2017
    In Sims 3 it depends on context (and sometimes room :p ), my Sims 4 house doesn't have stairs (everything is on the same floor).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    My current Sims (Sims 4) are Vampires, so even though there are stairs, they either fly or move as mist.
  • taradrew07taradrew07 Posts: 9 New Member
    In Sims 4 hey go up and down the stairs quite a bit. The first floor of their house is kinda small so that's probably why they do that.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    One of my favorite things to build are tiny houses. They have plenty of amenities, so the family is never without anything essential. I just try to build them with the smallest footprint possible while not sacrificing style or aethetics. Smart spaces, I call them. In 3, I use a lot of ladders or spiral staircases. In 4, I tend to build 1 story houses. If it is 2 story, then I try to build the staircase as hidden or as unobtrusive as possible. Hidden behind a kitchen wall, building an "alcove" type space on the side of the living room with just enough space for the stairs and maybe a hat rack and some paintings.

I generally never use elevators in my builds. Not for residential, anyway.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited February 2017
    Since this forum is for TS4 only - stairs
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    My sim teleports. XD XD And also a good reason for me to just play one one floor. I get bored seeing them walk up and down the stairs. A waste of my time.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Since this forum is for TS4 only - stairs

I was about to say... There are only straight stairs in the Sims 4.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited February 2017
    In the Sims 4, if they live in a house they use stairs, if they live in an apartment they use the elevator to teleport downstairs lol if they're vampires they teleport as mist or in bat form.

In The Sims 3, if they live in a house they use stairs. If it's a small house, they use spiral stairs. If they live in an apartment they use the elevator, get stuck for 4 sim hours due to other sims trying to use it at the same time and then they're downstairs lol

In TS2 I used to create split level homes and L shaped stairs using the foundation system.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    You missed one -

(if your game's glitched) simply walking *THRU* the floor (like quicksand)! :lol: Happened to one of my Sims 3 games recently, on multiple occasions.

I generally use normal straight stairs in my (foundation) houses. Not many people I know that have elevators in their private homes (though my older sister has one in her four-story mansion).

For the MOST part, I build 2bed/1bath mobile homes, which means only steps for the porch (though I did build one that featured a split-level kitchen/dining area).
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    When I build houses I generally prefer to make just the one floor, especially if I plan to have a family of 3-4 Sims living there. It makes it easier to keep track of what they're doing. Otherwise, the stairs or with the new vampire pack "fly as bat".
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    LOL my snarky self says, they generally use the stairs. But then I saw how you broke it down. In Sims2 they used stairs. Since we had the ability to create U-turn stairs, I had a replica of my Grand Aunt's house. When we lost that ability in Sims3, I built the same house, but used spiral staircases, until ITF. Then I replaced the stairs with the air-shoots, or whatever they were called. Again, they're back to just use the stairs.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/