Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wrong pack release order?

elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I never quite understood how CAS items are sorted in TS4 so I decided to work on a mod that sorts CAS items by pack release order, similar to how it worked in TS2&3. I managed to get the PackReleaseOrder array from gamedata.GameContent and used it to sort CAS items. It appeared to work perfectly at first, except that it somehow thinks Kids Room Stuff was released before Dine Out.

n1g6w0f.jpg

And then I checked the xml files for ui tuining and found out that it incorrectly lists SP07 before GP03.
<L n="PACK_RELEASE_ORDER">
      <E>BASE_GAME</E>
      <E>FP01</E>
      <E>GP01</E>
      <E>EP01</E>
      <E>SP01</E>
      <E>SP02</E>
      <E>GP02</E>
      <E>SP03</E>
      <E>SP04</E>
      <E>EP02</E>
      <E>SP05</E>
      <E>SP06</E>
      <E>SP07</E>
      <E>GP03</E>
      <E>SP08</E>
      <E>EP03</E>
      <E>SP09</E>
      <E>GP04</E>
</L>

However, even after overriding this xml file and the corresponding DATA file with the correct order, the UI somehow still has the wrong release order. Is the UI getting this info from somewhere else? Can you guys fix this in a future update if it's in somewhere we can't edit?
qidpmcvgek8y.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    So what's the problem?
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    @ActuallySammy I think it's just bothering him.

You have quite the keen eye to notice that! @elelunicy
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited February 2017
    Is this one of the xml resources that also has a DATA resource associated with it that also needs editing? Oh you did, I missed that bit.
    Post edited by IngeJones on
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @elelunicy,

That data does come from the tuning, the UI needs the DATA version of the tuning so my guess is that something didn't work there correctly when you made the change. The UI also uses this ordering in the pack filters (in CAS and Build Buy) and the credits dropdown (that lists all the packs), so you could also look at those as well for confirmation if your changes are taking or not.

So you should be able to correct it.

And I'll look at getting that fixed.

-SGMS
  • MichelleMattanjaMichelleMattanja Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey @elelunicy ,

Did you ever post that mod somewhere? I would looove to have it in my game. It really bothers me how everything is scrambled

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top