Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are the funniest things you've said while playing?

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I tend to rage at my game sometimes and come out with things that worry my boyfriend. :D What are some of the funniest things you've ever said while playing, or when your game crashed or things didn't go your way for your storyline? Something that when taken out of context would either make you look a touch insane or definitely insane. The two things I said today are the reason I've done this post:

*Boyfriend sees me with my head in my hands, can tell I'm angry and looks at me as if to ask what's wrong*

"I'VE OVERMANICURED THE GARDENS".

*Boyfriend looks away and tries to pretend his girlfriend is a sane person*

*getting extremely frustrated trying to place vines on the exterior walls of my house*

"THESE VINES ARE TRYING TO KILL ME".

A while ago I was also trying to make a family with my Sim and George Dean from Riverview, but he was being an 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and kept rejecting my Sim.

"WHO CARES IF YOU'RE A COP GEORGE, YOU MAKE UGLY CHILDREN ANYWAY".

So yeah, please tell us the funniest/weirdest things you've said. ( This isn't at all so I feel like less of a wierdo! ;) )

Comments

• Options
    RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    Great thread idea! And don't worry, I think most, if not all of us Simmers have yelled at their screens *at least* once while playing The Sims. ;D I'm definitely no exception, haha. At some point, mostly while building or furnishing, I get really frustrated when my "aesthetic visions" aren't coming true all that nicely and then I usually resort to all sorts of petty insults to mask my own inabilities. ;_; My roommate has learned to avoid me whenever I sit in front of my computer while mumbling angrily, haha. The sad thing is that that's not a behaviour that I only display when playing The Sims though...could also be me at any given time during exam phases. ;D

Anyway, my personal highlight actually happened while playing TS2, but I'll share anyway:

"Ugh, out of all the behinds you could have touched, why did you have to touch hers? Your date has a perfectly fine behind too, you dingus!"*

That was me trying to play matchmaker for two young single Sims that I've been wanting to pair off...so, I send them out on a dinner date and everything goes smoothly - until one of them decides to walk up to an old love interest and pinch her behind! In a crowded restaurant...with his date standing there and fuming...needless to say, the date didn't go that well. I was really annoyed with that whole situation, haha.

*I've actually used stronger language...;D
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Revan I had forgotten about that interaction! I really hope they'll get it back whith TS5... :p
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    I didn't even know that was an interaction! :D Yeah the autonomous interactions can be hilarious sometimes, but when your Sims deviate from the story that you want for them it's like "excuse me who said you could do that?". :D
  • Options
    RevanRevan Posts: 127 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    @Revan I had forgotten about that interaction! I really hope they'll get it back whith TS5... :p

Haha, yeah, I hope so too! One of the funniest interactions in the whole franchise, IMO. It never gets old!
    "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Revan lol :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Quite frequently, I've been known to blurt out, "keep it up, I have no problems killing you!"

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @ChelleJo Hahahahahahahahahaha! I do that too! :D:D

Do you do it in like a 'mother' voice too? Like that voice a parent uses when you've done something stupid and they tell you they have no problem doing something about it? :D:D
  • Options
    HARIBOWS wrote: »
    @ChelleJo Hahahahahahahahahaha! I do that too! :D:D

Do you do it in like a 'mother' voice too? Like that voice a parent uses when you've done something plum and they tell you they have no problem doing something about it? :D:D

Yep... :D:D and they can't say I didn't warn them... lol
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    kirasososweetkirasososweet Posts: 172 Member
    I usually rage when my Sims die at the absolute worst times. Like their birthday party or their wedding...blah blah...but yeah, when the wedding one happened my sister told me I yelled (I don't actually remember yelling *shrugs*) "No! You die when I decide!"
  • Options
    LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    edited February 2017
    I think the funniest things have just been when summarizing my game to others (mostly my boyfriend). Especially Sims 3, because all the supernaturals make it weird.

"My fairy just got kidnapped by an alien! But I don't think she'll get pregnant because she's a lady."

"My werewolf teenager finally found a unicorn!"

"I'm going to make this ghost hunter marry a ghost because drama. Hopefully their babies will be ghosts but there's only a 50% chance."

Sims 4 can sound weird too. More recently: "This guy's going to make money by going to space and his girlfriend's a hacker." Or: "My heir just befriended the Grim Reaper and played a prank on him." Boring/normal to us - but out of context, it's weird!
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited February 2017
    OK, I've censored all the rude words out and replaced them with banana :p

(They're not really super rude, I just thought I'd better censor cos PG forum).

"No, you're not doing your banana homework yet, you've only just got in from banana school! Go and play, you daft banana".

"No, she isn't going on a date with you, you banana banana. She's banana married!"

"Go to the banana toilet! Stop yakking/letting the cat sniff you/standing there like a banana".

"Fine, starve! Watch banana TV instead of eating. See if I banana care!"
  • Options
    TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    "For god sake, why can't you get abducted by aliens and get pregnant?"
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I'll do the weirdest one for each of the games I played, excluding spin offs and things I can't remember.

On TS2:
    This one is really weird. I used to mumble at the screen (while playing replicas of characters I ironically hated from Mario) "nooo, luigi is meant to get together with that stupid orange version of peach. (daisy) stoopy conputa" *spills orange juice all over computer*

On TS3:
    I used to cry by my computer, doing everything I could (even reading various guides on the matter, which ruin games for me so I don't normally use them) to increase the chances and still no luck. At this stage I screamed at my screen "noooo, you're meant to get abducted and donate alien to my game. I want alien for my game so make a kind donation to this charity! I command thee..."

I gave up about a year ago, then a month ago a male sim got abducted and I cried "okay, I wanted this to happen for a long time... but not now and not with this sim! Why do good things only happen when you don't want them to happen."

Some time later, I threw it in the snow. (after doing a classic and ripping away its imaginary friend toy) If anyone sane knew about this, they would probably be confused like "but u finallyz gots ur dream an all...why can'ts u be happy?"

On TS4:
    A friend and I were playing together. They said "Gosh and I thought I was mean to my sims" after requesting I put the toilet further away from the fridge and seeing my little 'fence challenge'. Then I asked "Do you want me to put them nearer together" and they said no because being cruel is what it's all about. Okay, now I made me look insane, but also someone else. Probably due to our difference in play style.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Just uttered the other day "How many Da*mn jellybeans is it going to take to kill you!!" (trying to kill my Simself to get a jellybean ghost...it took around 28 jellybeans).

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    TS3:
    How many times do you have to leave platters of spoiled food swarming with flies around the house when I'm not playing you.I keep having to stash them away when I make you active to play you guys again.You'll have to start eating that spoiled food up because you can't afford to throw it out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Quite frequently, I've been known to blurt out, "keep it up, I have no problems killing you!"
    The more time I spend on this forum, the more happy I become that none of you are my real life neighbors (as far as I know). :p

You know that neighbor that you have, that's always peeking from behind the blinds at you, as you come and go.... well..... who's to say who that is.... :D:p
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Following @plushtrap_107 example: "Stop your banana cooking! The whole fridge is full of banana leftovers!!"
    "I told you to eat/shower/pee before going to bed! Stop your banana whining!"
    "Stop doing that! Who said you should do that?!"

And I can clearly remember my first attemps to get a certain male-not-supernatural sim abducted by aliens to get an alien baby. Now I´m more like "Banana, another abduction! Don´t come back pregnant!"

And recently while phoning my sister while buiding some particulary stubborn stairs: "What do you mean "can´t route terrain"? Just go up to the first floor! You are not supposed to go in the banana ground!"
    Thankfully my sis is used to me being weird...
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @Waterdragon, you could eat the banana leftovers in the fridge ;)
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member

I don't usually talk out loud to my game, except in build/buy mode, then what I say can be summed up as "plum", "plumming" & "mother-plumming-mother-plummer". Especially when I have to put in a staircase. I feel your pain there @Waterdragon . I stick to spiral stairs & ladders as much as possible, they're much simpler, lol.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited February 2017
    OK, I've censored all the rude words out and replaced them with banana :p

(They're not really super rude, I just thought I'd better censor cos PG forum).

"No, you're not doing your banana homework yet, you've only just got in from banana school! Go and play, you daft banana".

"No, she isn't going on a date with you, you banana banana. She's banana married!"

"Go to the banana toilet! Stop yakking/letting the cat sniff you/standing there like a banana".

"Fine, starve! Watch banana TV instead of eating. See if I banana care!"
    Following @plushtrap_107 example: "Stop your banana cooking! The whole fridge is full of banana leftovers!!"
    "I told you to eat/shower/pee before going to bed! Stop your banana whining!"
    "Stop doing that! Who said you should do that?!"

Yes, yes to all of these!! hahahaha! Especially the one where they make new food again with a dozen leftovers in the fridge. Although I'm guilty of that in real life, too. :D

Plumbots with the Steel Chef chip seem to be guilty of this a lot, too.
    Post edited by KevinL5275 on
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited February 2017
    Just uttered the other day "How many Da*mn jellybeans is it going to take to kill you!!" (trying to kill my Simself to get a jellybean ghost...it took around 28 jellybeans).

I don't tend to talk to my game and when I wanted a jellybean ghost recently I made one in CAS. It never even occurred to me to make a sim eat jellybeans. That's probably most of my Sims die of old age. But I'm thinking of a death by shark attack at the moment.
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    HARIBOWS wrote: »
    "WHO CARES IF YOU'RE A COP GEORGE, YOU MAKE UGLY CHILDREN ANYWAY".

:lol:
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Oh, I have a ton! Some happened today.

"🐸🐸🐸🐸 it, why won't you kiss?!"

"LOUISE KISSED RUDY YOU PLUMMING IDlOT WHY CANT YOU"

"IM TALKING REGULAR PLUMMING SIZED RUDY"

"yeah you like that hanging chair? well YOU DONT HAVE IT BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T PLUMMING KISS WHATS-HIS-NAME"

and when the game crashed, "I SWEAR TO GOD, NOW YOU DONT EVEN EXIST"

My parents are worried. :D
  • Options
    I'm currently filling up a CC world, Deery Meadows, in CAW, and as you can probably imagine, I have said some rather not PG things with how many times it's crashed. :D

Today I spent a good hour doing the hospital, and wouldn't you know, just when I was about to save it crashed.
    *Turns to boyfriend after crash*
    "It's fine. No really, it's fine. Absolutely fine. TOTALLY FINE. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. IT'S FINE".

Yeah, I love CAW and decorating world, but my God the rage is real. :D