Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simmer Vs Simmer *Scoring up, New Round, Deadline April 15th

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited February 2017
    So what are the rules on windows/doors? 1 for 1 exchange, can't be changed at all, can be swapped for one another...?

And the budget you've listed is for the entire main floor, not just for the room yes? Does that cause issues if someone chooses not to participate in a few of the rooms that would give them additional budgets for the rooms they do make over?

Third question - does the laundry room have to be included *in* the kitchen, or do we have the option of doing a separate laundry room in addition to the kitchen?
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    There will be an exterior budget so windows and doors can't be changed.

$20,000 wouldn't be much of a budget for the first floor lol, especially as you have to add in all the furniture and such. As I have stated: The budget is for the Kitchen and laundry if you so choose to do a laundry room or to do 2 kitchens as this is only Round 1.

Your renovation, up to you how you design it.
    @LadyEmillye Oops! Sorry, I misunderstood! I thought you were saying the 20,000 was for the whole first floor! Okay, so you can go over or under budget on any individual room but, in the end, the budget for the rooms you've done have to balance out what you spent on those rooms, yes? So for example, if you go 5,000 over on the kitchen you'd want to try to be 5,000 under on, say, the living room?
    That'd be correct ^.^
    edited February 2017
    Okay, started mulling over design ideas, and I know we're doing kitchen and laundry, but we're also doing first floor. Question is, if I want to put the laundry on the second floor does that break the contest? Or basically, if you say "do a room" and I want that room on a different floor than what we're on is that acceptable or no?
    Okay, started mulling over design ideas, and I know we're doing kitchen and laundry, but we're also doing first floor. Question is, if I want to put the laundry on the second floor does that break the contest? Or basically, if you say "do a room" and I want that room on a different floor than what we're on is that acceptable or no?

As Stated in Your Previous Question, No, the Budget is Not for the First Floor, it is for the Kitchen with Optional Laundry. And also as Stated Before, Your Design, Do as You Wish!
    Sorry again, you had mentioned somewhere you had the budget for the first floor laid out so I thought you were splitting these by floor as well. I think I'm mushing up different things you're saying into one big ball of misunderstanding :flushed:
    Naww Worries, glad it was sorted away :)

On that note, excited to see what everyone comes up with :mrgreen:

I also have the entire house done, so all budgets are made for the upcoming weeks and pics for most.
    edited February 2017
    My entry for the Kitchen/Laundry portion:

Budget used: 15,905 out of 20,000
    0%20Budget_zps5aeybgr9.jpg

Spaces Renovated:
    Kitchen was placed in this space
    0%20Kitchen%20Space_zpsc9lfhwww.jpg

Kitchen Pictures:
    1%20Kitchen%20Overview%201_zpsubkc8wht.jpg
    1%20Kitchen%20Overview%202_zpsqysywjqi.jpg
    2%20Kitchen%201_zpse2mb41ou.jpg
    2%20Kitchen%202%201_zpscs9zjppb.jpg
    2%20Kitchen%202_zpsivceqwwe.jpg
    2%20Kitchen%203_zpszqokx44e.jpg
    2%20Kitchen%204_zps3swknzer.jpg
    2%20Kitchen%205_zpstchglqsl.jpg
    2%20Kitchen%206_zpsauajgrmk.jpg
    2%20Kitchen%207_zpsy2qhpnp8.jpg
    2%20Kitchen%208_zpsgbveq6ox.jpg

Laundry was placed in this space
    0%20Laundry%20Space_zps7txsfoea.jpg

Laundry pictures:
    3%20Laundry%20Overview_zpsarn8tfph.jpg
    4%20Laundry%201_zpsakhkl13q.jpg
    4%20Laundry%202_zpsptqxhets.jpg
    4%20Laundry%203_zpsnies1bmf.jpg
    4%20Laundry%204_zps6yazd6xq.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    very nice
    @ZeeGee Thank you! :)
    Nicely done @creativemetaphor

I look forward to seeing the rest of the entries :)
    edited February 2017
    @LadyEmillye Oh thank you!

I actually have your house placed twice, once for the official contest and one for playing with layout and design. I've got the whole thing planned out already (Oh, the upside of being home sick!) so I can even play test without depreciating the official entry. This lets me ensure cohesion in design between the rooms so I don't run into problems down the road if I just do one at a time.

As you announce each room I'll redo it in the official entry house and then worry about the budgets and such (which I'm sure I'll run into problems with that eventually lol)

I just hope the rooms I've planned on get a chance to show up!

How are y'all doing your budget? Just doing a cheat to make the balance 20,000 so you'll know where you're at?
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    How are y'all doing your budget? Just doing a cheat to make the balance 20,000 so you'll know where you're at?

Honestly, I'm using excel to track starting cost, individual room budgets, and under/overages. I'm such a nerd :lol:

Honestly, I'm using excel to track starting cost, individual room budgets, and under/overages. I'm such a nerd :lol:

:lol:
    How is everyone doing with their kitchen/laundry?
    I'm done. Just need to take the pictures.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'm going to try to give this a go tonight after work! :mrgreen:
    Unfortunately, my Internet has been down since I got in last night so I'm not sure if I'll get this done in time, but I will try.
    Just 2 days left, although, I'll give til Saturday evening as I won't be able to get the next round ready til Sunday.
    @aricarai
    Unfortunately, my Internet has been down since I got in last night so I'm not sure if I'll get this done in time, but I will try.

Hoping you do, really would love to see what you come up with!
    Yaaaay! An extension! Whoop whoop!
    edited March 2017
    Here's my entry! I used a cheat to give the household the $20,000 budget and had $12,246 left over. I did knock down some walls, which gave me extra but not sure how much. I'm not that organized!

Screenshot-5_zpsqenygu4z.jpg

Screenshot-4_zpse9duvxwm.jpg

Screenshot-10_zpsotqgztwu.jpg

Screenshot-9_zpssnotvv9b.jpg

Screenshot-11_zpstc1tguew.jpg

Screenshot-6_zps8fan8is6.jpg

Edit to Add: Here is a picture of the UI showing the amount I had left over. Sorry, I almost forgot that!

Screenshot%2012_zpsd1e1amf0.png