Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Buy Simpoints

MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
As the title says, I can't buy simpoints. Origin's purchase page for them keeps coming up totally blank, even after disabling my adblockers. In fact the whole website is coming up blank, with absolutely no pages reacting.

It's irritating, at the least.

Comments

• Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Have you try cleaning your cache and cookies?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    I have the same issue. I click buy simpoints, and it takes me to an empty origin page. I have cleared my cache and cookies.
  • Options
    Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    I have the same issue. I click buy simpoints, and it takes me to an empty origin page. I have cleared my cache and cookies.

I think it has to do with the changes to accounts over the years, how they've combined the newer registrations/accounts into one ID for many interrelated sub-sites. Maybe older and newer accounts require different methods. I recently purchased a point bundle and I had to sign in separately to both the store and then to Origin/EA. Otherwise I received that same blank page when I clicked: Buy Simpoints. Here's how it worked for me, if my experience can be of any help:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15667561/#Comment_15667561
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited April 2017
    Redirection links don't work, but if you directly go to the page, it still works fine.
    https://origin.com/usa/en-us/search?searchString=simpoints
    Post edited by Candyd on
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited April 2017
    To be honest, I think they should either just stop with the simpoints on their page (and either have it for free or by using paypal) because the way it is now, I have waited months and months to buy something, probably close to over a year. (I think last time I bought simpoints was at the end of 2015.) I couldn't even log in to their webpage for about maybe 8 months. (I lost track of time), it would just give me wrong username/password - which i KNOW was correct. (and I was logged in in the game and on origin)

I mean, I always want to buy things rather than pirating, but EA is making it very hard with their TS3 Store, especially considering how old it is. It's like they abandoned it ...

dusty_boots: that doesn't help me, sadly. When I click "buy simpoints" in the TS3 store, it directs me to an Origin site ending with gameType:currency. And there is a side bar on the left that doesn't work, and the page is completely white.

edit: also I want to add that, I know previously, I had to use IE to open the launcher through the web page and such, because FF or Chrome didn't work as well with the page. So I've checked if I need to use IE for the simpoints etc, but IE won't even open the webpage! I just get a 500 internal error webpage.
  • Options
    marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    @shakeninsane I think the same way you do. They're making simpoints super hard to buy and they're really expensive. With 1000 simpoints you barely buy 4 objects. I really think the page is abandoned, since sale is stuck and the simpoint adds are gone. Last time I contected support they said they no longer take care of the page. So I think store contents should all be free, since is getting impossible to buy them.
  • Options
    GluttonaceGluttonace Posts: 18 New Member
    I can't buy anything either. If they're going to break everything and make everything unbuyable to the point they can't make money they might as well give everything away like when they gave the sims 2 away for free on origin. Points were way too expensive in the first place but I'd rather have the OPTION to get the stuff I really wanted rather than just a broken false hope page.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    Redirection links don't work, but if you directly go to the page, it still works fine.
    https://origin.com/usa/en-us/search?searchString=simpoints

I used this link and it worked just fine. But when I tried to click the gold "buy simpoints" button from the store, it didn't work. I got every game BUT Sims 3.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    The fact that Simpoints and store content are expensive is the reason I have a wishlist.

@DeafSimmer, we have an ongoing thread that list all of the Daily Deals on the old TS3 site if you want to check it out... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-2018-rotation-list-and-sales-help/p322

We also have a "Cascades & Daily Deals-Getting the Best Bang for your SP" thread that you can also check out as well... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/809797/cascades-amp-daily-deals-getting-the-best-bang-for-your-sp/p1
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there - I've closed this thread as it was really old - please, keep in mind the date of a thread before reviving it. You can learn more about necroposting here.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top