Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

child despise parents and they despise her smh

I don't even know how that happened, they are always laughing and talking so I don't get it. the child is independent does that have anything to do with it??? I would have said that the mother being mischievous did it but dad isn't, he is hot headed

Comments

• CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Does the kid spend her time mocking adults ?
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    Does the kid spend her time mocking adults ?

I really didn't notice, I thought they were laughing and chatting but I am working on their relationships now
  • LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    Your Toddler is Independent.. my second toddler had this trait .. OMG.. I never want that trait again ! he hated everything around him.. and got mad if he did not do it himself. I suggest watching your baby close, and let him do things himself. So, he will be happy.
  • PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    This happened to me in one household where I had 2 YA sisters. After rotating some households, I came back to them and was shocked to see their negative/red relationship bar was completely full. They apparently were also enemies :|
    It might be a bug with the game.
    Laceyrose wrote: »
    Your Toddler is Independent.. my second toddler had this trait .. OMG.. I never want that trait again ! he hated everything around him.. and got mad if he did not do it himself. I suggest watching your baby close, and let him do things himself. So, he will be happy.

lol so far I have had only 1 toddler and I actually like the independent trait because I do let her do things on her own. But I will definitely try the others. But she is past the toddler stage now I don't know how she went from a green bar to red
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited February 2017
    The independent trait for toddlers was not well thought out. My independent toddlers do not want anything to do with anyone, ever. Even when they wake up from a nightmare and go wake their parents. If you try to have the parent hug or comfort the child, their relationship goes down, fairly significantly. They also don't like to be played with. Basically, almost all of the interaction will have a negative effect.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    A pair of my sims live in an apartment with their toddler. The neighbor was having a party, so my sims were all angry. I took a moment to try and get their neighbor out with the mom, and when I turned back to the father and his daughter, their relationship had gone down from good friends to an empty bar at an alarming rate. I was shocked—she doesn't even have the independent trait! Quite the opposite, actually. She's clingy. I wanted to strangle their neighbor.
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    My toddler with the Fussy trait didn't want anything to do with her Mum, even when her needs were fully up. It ended up that they hated each other as they grew up and I couldn't even keep them in the same room before they were mocking each other.
  • BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    Sometimes I leave my sim to play another family and then I go back to them and they have multiple enemies! Usually just random neighbours and townies and it's kind of funny but I'd be annoyed is that happened between them and close friends/family members.
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
    The independent trait for toddlers was not well thought out. My independent toddlers do not want anything to do with anyone, ever. Even when they wake up from a nightmare and go wake their parents. If you try to have the parent hug or comfort the child, their relationship goes down, fairly significantly. They also don't like to be played with. Basically, almost all of the interaction will have a negative effect.

oooohhhh lol ok
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    And I was just about to give this trait to my very first toddler, I'm glad I choose another instead.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • NiyebeBlurrNiyebeBlurr Posts: 93 Member
    not sure if it's the trait because this happened to one of my toddlers and she was clingy.
    i didn't know she was angry so while i was watching over the mother sim, pamela (toddler) was being mean to the dad when he tried talking to her. the bar goes into the negative super fast with a toddler.
    tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
    Origin ID : Amihvn
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited February 2017
    I found with an Independent toddler, it worked better if I allowed them to ask their parents for what they wanted, food, bath play, if it comes from the toddler asking it made the toddlers happy and they get the moodlet Got my own way. which makes them very happy and builds their relationship with their parents. and being the player I got them to grab a plate. and ask their parents for what they wanted and needed.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I found with an Independent toddler, it worked better if I allowed them to ask their parents for what they wanted, food, bath play, if it comes from the toddler asking it made the toddlers happy and they get the moodlet Got my own way. which makes them very happy and builds their relationship with their parents. and being the player I got them to grab a plate. and ask their parents for what they wanted and needed.
    @feetinstockings
    And once they got to level 2 potty skill, you should always let them go there on their own. That's faster than asking an adult for help and losing out on the "adult helping with interaction" skill boost isn't too bad if there is only one level left.
    @feetinstockings
    And once they got to level 2 potty skill, you should always let them go there on their own. That's faster than asking an adult for help and losing out on the "adult helping with interaction" skill boost isn't too bad if there is only one level left.

I don't know if anyone else had this but my independent toddler had her levels maxed, but her parents would always pick her up and take her to the potty when her bladder bar was green and full. I got tired of stopping them so I started ignoring it, so maybe that is what took their relationship into the red and had them despising each other. I really didn't notice it until she aged up to a child.