Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Is the video translated so I can actually watch this show you all love so much? :3
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Is the video translated so I can actually watch this show you all love so much? :3

You can turn on the subtitles in the options menu. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Oh fantastic!! I'll give this show a go than :]
  • Options
    Oh fantastic!! I'll give this show a go than :]

Yeeeees... convert thyself to Wie is de Mol-ism.
    I mean, basic rundown: 10 contestants have to do assignments to earn money for the group pot. One of them, however, is the Mole, a saboteur whose job it is to sabotage and keep the pot as low as possible. The contestants must figure out who among them the Mole is.
    Every episode there'll be a Test: 20 questions about the Mole's identity and what they did. The person who scores the worst and knows the least about the Mole is executed and must leave the game.

The contestants can earn Exemptions, having one means they're immune for execution; and Jokers, which each correct one wrong answer on the test.

At the end of the season, when only 3 are left, the person who does the final test (covering the entire season) the best has unmasked the Mole and wins the contents of the pot.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Does the mole never get executed?
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited January 2019
    Does the mole never get executed?

Normally, yes :3 Although... Some Mole series have done it in the past XD
    Post edited by HayloHusky on
  • Options
    So basically when it's down to three one of them is usually the mole.
  • Options
    Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    So basically when it's down to three one of them is usually the mole.

You'd hope so :)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    uTVpUdw.png

One of the viewers has kept track of who helped getting which box out of the water, and which ones had exemptions (using the shots where exemptions were revealed during the Executions) This might be useful.

Edit: just checked - 9 might be the one Evi and Merel dropped.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    That's very observant. The show usually doesn't give out post-game recaps, and the challenges are shown with a lot of cuts. It must've been hard to tell which is which.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Okay... This was very good! I may have to go watch previous seasons now.
  • Options
    Okay... This was very good! I may have to go watch previous seasons now.

It is! I was completely surprised during last season's finale
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    That's very observant. The show usually doesn't give out post-game recaps, and the challenges are shown with a lot of cuts. It must've been hard to tell which is which.

Yup - Some Dutch viewers go real far in order to analyse the game properly. In older seasons the montage would often include a small map or overview on the situation, so that viewers could keep track of it. But in more recent seasons they've omited those overviews so 1) viewers get the chance to figure that out themselves, and 2) it's easier to hide sabotages from the Mole in the episode montage.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Kandidaten.

Wij zijn zojuist aangekomen bij de tweede aflevering van een spel vol verraad, wantrouwen en intrige. Wie zal het spel deze aflevering als eerste verlaten? Er is deze week geen vangnet.

https://youtu.be/5w4tAY2Iapo
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Oh noooo, Evi! D: She was my favourite.
    I could sense her either lasting long, but also as an early goner. Shame it was the latter. :(

I really like the games so far, the Math game was really layered, the laser challenge.. well, there's pretty much one per season and they're always spectacular, and bwahahah, they're not aware that the messages are different, such a mind-game!

If I had to limit myself to just 2 suspects they'd be Rick Paul and Evelien.

Rick Paul has only helped bringing in boxes with exemptions on the bridge, during the definitive vote on whether to use them he first wanted to raise his hand for the money, but when he saw a few others do that he quickly decided not to.
    And he only brought in €50 in the laser game and cost the pot €250 with the Joker-money cinema.

Evelien also cost the pot €250 there. She fell during the laser game and had the key position during the bicycle game. I think she'd also be an interesting mole personality-wise.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Awesome! Love the challenges. My number one suspect is Nikki.
  • Options
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Awesome! Love the challenges. My number one suspect is Nikki.
    Hmm, I personally don't think Nikkie is the Mole. Though she does make some mistakes.. What is the main thing which makes you suspect her? :3
    Banner.png
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    I don't know ... 6 sense :p But I was wrong last season too...
  • Options
    Your intuition tends to be strong and on-point, so.. who knows? :) We all were wrong last season though XD Can't deny that. ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Oh, it's Sunday again. I lost track of time :D

• Options
    edited January 2019
    That selfie of Nikkie and Rick Paul is cute :D I like these little moments in the game
    This whole number challenge is difficult (and easy to sabotage)
    Yeah, only two questions were right. The Mole must've had a field day.
    The laser labyrinth is remarkably popular. I don't think there was one last season?
    I just realized: Nikkie says she's 194 cm tall. That's REALLY tall (for women or men). Her parents must be giants.
    That was so close! Too bad only 4 people managed to win something in the laser labyrinth
    The room assignment has an interesting psychological component. Everyone's screens show different prizes without them knowing it, so there are bound to be misunderstandings.
    Ooh, there could be an exemption inside the Joker. Personally, I think the possible reward is much greater than the possible loss. Losing one free point isn't that bad. Losing an exemption for a simple Joker is a bigger waste.
    Since one of the exempted women was saved last week, I wonder if one of them is going home today. Kind of like how in Turner's seasons 1, Thor was saved the first week but his score didn't improve for the 2nd week...
    Three-way tie. :0 How unfortunate
    Oh, it was Evi. No exemption could save her this time. I guess I won't be confusing her with Evelien now. :0

Oh, and I looked up everyone's ages. Rick Paul is actually 37. He looks a lot younger than he is. Nikkie is a tad younger than me, and among the two seasons I've watched, she's the only contestant in them who is. Niels and Jamie are my sister's age, and Robert is a bit younger than my dad.

• Options
    Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Your intuition tends to be strong and on-point, so.. who knows? :) We all were wrong last season though XD Can't deny that. ;)
    I might as well jump in here!

I've just started watching this (for the first time ever) and I am in love with this show, it is so fun and entertaining!

So far, I think I have ruled out 2 people, Sinan and Niels. To me Niels is trying too hard to appear as The Mole which would lend to believe he isn't. Sinan seems to focused on the game and surviving to be the mole.

My main suspicions at the moment are Jamie and Merel. Jamie has been quite social and seems to be liked by the group, plus he has done okay at challenges. Merel is my main suspicion though, so far she has done well in the challenges however something doesn't sit right with me about her.

Roll on the next episode please! :P
  • Options
    That selfie of Nikkie and Rick Paul is cute :D I like these little moments in the game
    The laser labyrinth is remarkably popular. I don't think there was one last season?
    I just realized: Nikkie says she's 194 cm tall. That's REALLY tall (for women or men). Her parents must be giants.
    That was so close! Too bad only 4 people managed to win something in the laser labyrinth
    The room assignment has an interesting psychological component. Everyone's screens show different prizes without them knowing it, so there are bound to be misunderstandings.
    Ooh, there could be an exemption inside the Joker. Personally, I think the possible reward is much greater than the possible loss. Losing one free point isn't that bad. Losing an exemption for a simple Joker is a bigger waste.
    Since one of the exempted women was saved last week, I wonder if one of them is going home today. Kind of like how in Turner's seasons 1, Thor was saved the first week but his score didn't improve for the 2nd week...
    Oh, it was Evi. No exemption could save her this time. I guess I won't be confusing her with Evelien now. :0

Oh, and I looked up everyone's ages. Rick Paul is actually 37. He looks a lot younger than he is. Nikkie is a tad younger than me, and among the two seasons I've watched, she's the only contestant in them who is. Niels and Jamie are my sister's age, and Robert is a bit younger than my dad.
    Yeah XD love they added that moment in the game. I'd have loved seeing the others react to it though, that'd have been hilarious.

At least it wasn't an all-or-nothing game, those can be so annoying imo. :c

Last season... indeed missed a laser game. Funnily enough most previous season did have a laser game, sometimes even multiple.
    One reason could be that due to the way the season folded itself out it was skipped. They usually have several scenarios and plans, depending on what happens during a season.
    Last season spoiler (Smarties)
    What if Ron, Jan, Jean-Marc and Loes all made it and nobody left? What if someone decided to save Ron? What if Simone had a red screen when only she had to see her screen?

Although they do say Dutch people are tall, is Nikkie very tall even for a Dutch person. I remember 2016's Annemieke Schollaardt also being tall.

What intensifies the dilemma though, is: you have a Joker, 100% sure. It might contain an exemptions, but the odds are lower.

Yeah, at least you have that advantage there. XD Do you think Evi could've also been the red screen in episode 1, or do you think that might've been someone else?

I've just started watching this (for the first time ever) and I am in love with this show, it is so fun and entertaining!

So far, I think I have ruled out 2 people, Sinan and Niels. To me Niels is trying too hard to appear as The Mole which would lend to believe he isn't. Sinan seems to focused on the game and surviving to be the mole.

My main suspicions at the moment are Jamie and Merel. Jamie has been quite social and seems to be liked by the group, plus he has done okay at challenges. Merel is my main suspicion though, so far she has done well in the challenges however something doesn't sit right with me about her.

Yay Smarties! Welcome to the WIDM club! :smiley:
    Hmm, I'm not sure about Sinan, he has his suspicious moments here and there, but he did try to bring more structure to the group. Though you have a point on him being focused on surviving.
    Niels did vote twice for trading the exemptions for money, so that's not very sus. Though I haven't paid much attention to him yet.

Merel's looked so genuinely nervous during the first execution though. :o

Episode 3 is a week away. Patience young grasshopper ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options

Yeah XD love they added that moment in the game. I'd have loved seeing the others react to it though, that'd have been hilarious.

At least it wasn't an all-or-nothing game, those can be so annoying imo. :c

Last season... indeed missed a laser game. Funnily enough most previous season did have a laser game, sometimes even multiple.
    One reason could be that due to the way the season folded itself out it was skipped. They usually have several scenarios and plans, depending on what happens during a season.
    Last season spoiler (Smarties)
    What if Ron, Jan, Jean-Marc and Loes all made it and nobody left? What if someone decided to save Ron? What if Simone had a red screen when only she had to see her screen?

Although they do say Dutch people are tall, is Nikkie very tall even for a Dutch person. I remember 2016's Annemieke Schollaardt also being tall.

What intensifies the dilemma though, is: you have a Joker, 100% sure. It might contain an exemptions, but the odds are lower.

Yeah, at least you have that advantage there. XD Do you think Evi could've also been the red screen in episode 1, or do you think that might've been someone else?

Yay Smarties! Welcome to the WIDM club! :smiley:
    Hmm, I'm not sure about Sinan, he has his suspicious moments here and there, but he did try to bring more structure to the group. Though you have a point on him being focused on surviving.
    Niels did vote twice for trading the exemptions for money, so that's not very sus. Though I haven't paid much attention to him yet.

Merel's looked so genuinely nervous during the first execution though. :o

Episode 3 is a week away. Patience young grasshopper ;)
    I think it might've bee Evi :D
    Yeah, Nikkie is even taller than Sjappie. :D So tall

• Options
    just joined watching this show ... Literally just watched all of season 18 today because I'm getting the flu and was confined to the couch to get healthy again. It was so good!!! My suspect made it to the final three... And than was wrong xD oh well.

For this current season. I'm not sure yet. I think I'm going to rewatch them now that I have a bit better of an idea on how the show works.