Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Optional Maternity Leave mods?

I was just wondering if there is a mod to give a choice to maternity leaves or give the father one as well. Just that sometimes its' more of a hindrance when my one sim is in a high payed job and not earning enough to feed the family or other necessity like bills because they have a child.
It's not much of a good thing ether since my one household takes place on a short lifespan (13 days as adult and young adult combined at lowest) which CANNOT be afford to be wasted.
L9q8VGi.png

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    NRaas StoryProgression with the Population module has an option to apply maternity leave to the other parent too. That option is true by default if you also have the Population module installed.

NRaas>StoryProgression>General Options>Options: Pregnancy>Paternity Leave

You can use NRaas MasterController and its Cheats module to adjust the days off a sim has.

NRaas>MasterController>Intermediate>Career>Days Off

Use a negative number to remove days. I often do that with my sims on maternity leave so they go back to work sooner. I think this setting applies to work days, not calendar days. So take that into account when you make adjustments.
  • Options
    Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    I just use Master Controller to adjust the days they have off.
  • Options
    Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    NRaas StoryProgression with the Population module has an option to apply maternity leave to the other parent too. That option is true by default if you also have the Population module installed.

NRaas>StoryProgression>General Options>Options: Pregnancy>Paternity Leave

You can use NRaas MasterController and its Cheats module to adjust the days off a sim has.

NRaas>MasterController>Intermediate>Career>Days Off

Use a negative number to remove days. I often do that with my sims on maternity leave so they go back to work sooner. I think this setting applies to work days, not calendar days. So take that into account when you make adjustments.

I do this too because I think the game gives a ridiculous amount of days off for things. I hate the holidays (I prefer to just celebrate the seasons on their days off), I usually dislike snow days, I hate that they give days off once a sim is pregnant/has a baby, marries, etc. My sims, like me, are very career-oriented :smile: